My argument, is that atheism is a religion, based on the fact that religion is founded on beliefs and morals, and atheists do believe in no god. -No name calling or insults -No cursing, let's be mature here. -A big deal should not be made out of minor spelling/grammar mistakes...
Good debate, Lars. Hope to do a good one on Insider Trading in a few days.
Debate ends at 45:30. Feel free to skip through the prep time periods.
Pro/Affirmative: Wallstreetatheist (blue shirt and Americanish)
Con/Negative: larztheloser (black sweatshirt and New Zealandish--think Flight of the Conchords)
Rules and Conditions:
1. This is the November/December topic for 2011 in LD. Thus, this will be treated as an LD debate.
2. Both traditional and progressive cases are allowed.
3. Cases are allowed to be posted in google documents if they exceed the 8000 character limit. All rebuttals must be inside the limit.
4. Forfeit means automatic loss, unles...
I am arguing that religion is given more respect than it deserves. It is considered rude to inquire their reasoning when it comes to their religion, however, it is not rude when inquiring about someone's political views. Both of these topics are based on belief and opinion, yet it is taboo to inquire about the reasoning behind one's religious beliefs. As the instigator, I must argue that religion is given too much respect in today's society. I await an opponent....
(1) Debater must have typing experience and internet access.
(2) Place your arguments and sources inside the debate
(3) Structure the debate in a readable, coherent fashion.
(4) No semantics, trolling, or lawyering.
(5) Must insert one witty quote per round.
(1) Acceptance + Intern...
I shall take the position that the Russian T-34 was the greatest tank of World War II. You shall refute this position, by arguing that it was not the greatest tank of World War II. Good Luck....
Debater must have internet access.
No excuses or forfeitures.
Must structure the debate in a readable, coherent fashion.
Must insert one witty quote per round.
Ron Paul does not have the most socially beneficial domestic policies in the 2012 presidential race.
This first round is to clarify rules, set up definitions and provide a framework for the debate.
There will be no need to cite candidates policies with sources.
Our opening rounds should co...