Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The drinking age should be lowered to 18 in the US

Mikal

This is a team debate. This will take place from one team members account. Meaning either one of the team members can accept this, and you will work with your partner to present your case Team Pro will be myself and Thett3 Post in the comments if you want to take this. First round - Acceptance Second round - Contentions Third - Contentions/ Rebuttals Fourth - Closing Rules (1) No new arguments last round (2) No semantics (3) No trolling...

Challenge Period
25 Comments
Updated 3 Minutes Ago

These poems have great post-modernism themes

shakuntala

These poems have great post-modernism themes http://www.scribd.com/doc/234240149/Mystical-Verses-erotic-poetry...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 55 Minutes Ago

Should Military Veterans have extended Unemployment Benefits to Complete College?

drewsaphor
Domr

1st Round is for acceptance. All Comments that attack anyone involved in the debate will be reported....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 31 Minutes Ago

Birds are Dinosaurs?

Sagey
Domr

My opinion and that of many Biologists is that Birds are in fact Dinosaurs and they are confirming evidence for Evolution.This is obvious when examining such things as the Fossil Record.My opponent will try to convince you that Birds are not Dinosaurs.My opponent may star...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 44 Minutes Ago

Deism is probably correct for the existence of a

ChosenWolff

Locked for the rest of the week. I'm very busy. Ask to accept in the comments. R4 will only be extended for arguing, pending I feel we should go another round. Con has the abscence of evidence, meaning I...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Mankind Is Not the Main Cause of Global Warming

Subutai

NOTE: I have made this debate impossible to accept. If you would like to accept this debate, please tell me in the comments section. Full Resolution I will be arguing that mankind is the not main cause of global warming. We will not be arguing if global warming exists or not, it will be assumed that it does; only if global warming has an anthropogenic cause. BoP is shared. Definitions Mankind: "The human race; human bei...

Challenge Period
13 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

God: Myth (Against) or Reality (For)

Victoria85176
Tilar

First round - Acceptance Second round - Contentions Third - Contentions/ Rebuttals Fourth - Closing Please don't bring up any new ideas in the fourth round :) Thanks! :)...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The Athiest Defense

squirtdonthurt
Cognitive_Consonance

My Argument ..... that some Atheist attempt to sit on the sidelines with a passive nuetral stance in the matters of the existence of God, meaning they will try to place themself in a position where they do not have to defend themself or make a claim making their stance undefeatable, seeing how you cannot validate or invalidate a claim that is never made and cannot debate against a positon that claims it does not have a position or claim this leads me to talk to thin air. Athiest somet...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Should Minimum Wage be reduced to the 1964 rate of $1 an hour in the US

drewsaphor
TruthHurts

The Minimum Wage should be reduced to $1 an hour in the US Reasons: 1. Prices for goods will reduce to reflect the reduction in labor costs. 2. The US Dollar will become stronger, because it will be able to buy more goods....

Voting Period
19 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

There should be websites that list the identity of people with HIV

Dave845
JohnMaynardKeynes

Gun owners must be registered, child molesters must be registered and placed on a public website. People with HIV should be listed on a website and openly viewed by the public. Hivlist.com kind of does this, but there should be a national HIV registry for every country. A person having HIV is like a human gun and their status should be public. Wouldn't you want to know if your babysitter, nurse, dentist, cook or date has HIV ?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago