Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: God Exists

tejretics

I have chosen Mikal for this debate, which will begin in about a week. Only members with 2,500 Elo or more may vote on this debate, which will follow a 7-point voting system. Thanks to Subutai [http://www.debate.org/Subutai] for the structure of the rules, definitions and regulations. Full ResolutionGod ExistsBoP is shared.

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 21 Minutes Ago

The world of generation 1 Pokemon has recently gone through a massive war.

joetheripper117

Through this debate I will be making the argument that the world of the first Pokemon games have recently gone through a massive war. The burden of proof is on me. First round is acceptance only. Best of luck to Con in advance....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 23 Minutes Ago

Pick your topic : Team Debate

Mikal

Team Pro 1.Mikal2.WhiteflameTeam Con1.2.This debate is a pick your own topic debate. The opposing team can pick one of the topics down below, and we will debate them on it. Our positions for each topic are listed out beside them.

Challenge Period
37 Comments
Updated 25 Minutes Ago

People should want to and vote in US elections

David12N

I am arguing that Americans should not be against voting in US elections because voting does matter and people should be involved in the political process more....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 38 Minutes Ago

Foreign aid should be increased

David12N

I am arguing that on balance foreign aid is a good thing and that countries like the US should increase the amount given....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 42 Minutes Ago

Which is a superior gaming system? PC(Pro) or console(Con)?

joetheripper117

I will be arguing for the point that PC is the superior way to play game video games, while the opponent will be arguing that any console (It is Con's choice which console) is the superior way to play video games. Burden of proof is shared. First round is to accept only. Best of luck to Con in advance....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 43 Minutes Ago

Jogger Pants

Aliboo123
joetheripper117

Personally I think they look ridiculous and stupid, especially on guys....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Moment of Silence

Aliboo123
BarbieSoFetch

I believe all schools should consider having a moment of silence to begin the school day. It gives the Students/Teachers a chance to organize thoughts, ideas, and/or (voluntary) praying....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 47 Minutes Ago

Should Citigroup be eliminated?

Oreo222
imabench

Citigroup should be eliminated due to their unethical control of the government. My opponent shall try to dissuade me in my opinion and perhaps those of the voters/audience, while I do the same to him/her. Whomever my opponent may be, good luck....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Does a Deity Exist?

ArgumentativeMan
usernamesareannoying

I'm not sure on my beliefs yet, but I'll say I'm pro-deity for the sake of the debate. Any wanderers willing to debate, feel free to leave a comment and we can have a duel of the minds! (Wow, that was a bit too dramatic...) This deity would be omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, receive worship, be the creator of our Universe, and be intangible....

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago