Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion

J2

Abortion is a very personal and important topic that is constantly discussed on a personal and political level. The primary issue seems to be whether a fetus is considered a human or not, and if it's morally wrong or right for the life of the fetus to be ended. I think we often miss important psychological, social and, philosophical factors when determining if a fetus is a human or not. I would argue that a fetus does not have the societal impact, the level of consciousness, or the experiences t...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 15 Minutes Ago

Can guilt be separated from the idea of debt?

TheUnexaminedLife

Nietzsche argues that all guilt and 'bad conscience' first derives from this notion of 'debt'. Was he right?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Minutes Ago

LGBT Rights - For or Against?

cada.beck2017

I feel like LGBTQ+ people don't get enough rights just because they're gay/bi/pan/trans/etc. LGBTQ+ rights are human rights too. While I am not LGBTQ+ myself, I have friends that are and now that Trump is president, they are terrified for their lives. No one should have to live in fear like that, and I hate seeing them like that....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 28 Minutes Ago

Keynesian Economics

TheMarketLibertarian

The resolution is that Keynesian Economics is nonsense and doesn't work, I will argue for Austriuan Economics. Please learn what the two are before accepting....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Should kids pray in school?

AnimeKitten2020
Logiq

Children should pray in school no matter what adult tells them they can't. And they should not care if it offends someone. What if it offends someone that they can't share their beliefs? Why don't people care about that? It's because people want to get rid if religon and it's not fair....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Affirmative Action is Good

Logiq
desttoyer

I am reopening an interesting debate. I recently viewed a debate of this topic which was forfeited after two rounds and very much neglected to get to the heart of the matter. My position is that affirmative action aims to create balance in society, but in doing so is necessarily discriminatory and creates greater imbalance. How can society strive for equality if people are treated differently?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Proof of God in Life Design

FollowerofChrist1955

Respond in the comments section; This keeps Atheist from accepting something their to blind to see. Interjecting flights of fancy and completely unproven imaginings as facts. I highly recommend you read their comments though and ask yourself ... is it FACT or is it Fiction. I'll point out their imaginations each time, so you can see they live all their lives in imagination. It's So Sad! God created all things using Atoms and DNA to form the foundation of of the universe a...

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

domestic violence against woman should be prevented by addressing Male's psychological attitude

Andrea75

it's well know that high percentage of women suffer from domestic violence. many studies has been conducted trying to focus on the causes of this violence. all these studies identified the risk factors in the attitude of male to maintain power and control. but the conventional approach to this problem is to punish Male's violence once the abuses already occurred. from my point of view it should be more useful to intervene by applying a psychological analysis to male who are usually at high risk...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Potential dangers of a hypersensitive culture bred by social media and political correctness.

AustinHowardDavid
Evan-Z

Serious arguments only....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

trump is worse then hitler

hawaiianxx
BennyW

because he hates mexicans black people all sorts of people and hitler only hated jews...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago