Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

To accomplish social change, violence is preferable to non-violence!

johnjohn12

To accomplish social change, violence is preferable to non-violence! Agree why? Disagree why?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Seconds Ago

The United Nations is obsolete!

johnjohn12

agree why? disgree why?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Minute Ago

Prohibition is a good social policy.

johnjohn12

Prohibition is a good social policy. agree or disagree and why?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Minutes Ago

Should schools implement zero tolerance policies?

Stefy

The reason that zero tolerance policies should not exist is because they allow administrators to not have to make a human judgement about situations that take place at their school. For example, the many cases one sees on the news about a child being harshly disciplined for bringing a toy gun to school or a case of a Jeffersonville, Indiana student being suspended for touching pills while saying no to a friend who was trying to get her to take them. While zero tolerance policies are intended to...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 10 Minutes Ago

The only role of government is to protect persons and property from force.

Raistlin

The proposition in question involves a very influential and important topic. I will argue the libertarian/classical liberal position that the only place for government is to protect a person's rights to self ownership, thereby protecting his person, and to the fruits of his labour, thereby protecting his property. My opponent will argue that government has some other role i.e. universal healthcare or minimum wage. Good luck to my opponent....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 15 Minutes Ago

Fate

FreedomBeforeEquality

Do you believe in fate. It can take whatever form. Individual or as a species. Is there some set of pre determined aspects of humanity? The universe (Pro)? Or is it all some random occurrence (Con)?...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 29 Minutes Ago

Jesus was a non-smoker

mightbenihilism
FreedomBeforeEquality

My proposition: Jesus didn't smoke. Not cigarettes, not cigars, not cigarillos. Con may rebut at will....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 50 Minutes Ago

Should kids have more rights at school

Monkeysent
FreedomBeforeEquality

I think kids should have more right at school because basically the adults at the school have full control and the kids never get to have a lot of say. If kids got a say then maybe kids will be a little happier about going to school. If kids had a rights at school they would be able to do stuff like change lunch period time. Increase lunch time etc....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 56 Minutes Ago

This House believes that a full smoking ban should be implemented in public places

notyourbusiness
user_name

Firstly, i would like to clarify that the full smoking ban excludes only private residences. Secondly, as for the rules: 1. Wikipedia cannot be used as a reference 2. No personal insults or discriminating comments may be made 3. No foul language is allowed First round is for acceptance. I look forward to a meaningful and interesting debate....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Resolved: We must remove paramilitary tatics/military weapons from U.S. police forces

moneystacker

I belive we should remove military weapons from the U.S. for the following reasons 1. tactics were originally made by President Reagan to combat drug problems which were way more severe and violent when this was implemented 2. deaths from raids/people regret these police 3.free equipment so no hesitation to use 4.not trained to use equipment 5.Unnecessary equipment ready to use for unnecessary situations 6.Small towns not asking for equipment for the right reasons. I will post argum...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago