Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is mount and blade warband addicting and why?

alexanderyw

I would say it is addicting because of the amount of troops and the neverending lists of mods that is sure to keep you busy for weeks by end. Also, I like the fighting style. The only thing I don't like is that when you die, the battle ends. Luckily, some mods fixes that problem...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 21 Minutes Ago

Global Warming: Climate Change

juvenalian

We should take action on climate change now because it is predicted that the climate will increase by 4-6 degrees by 2100. Right now the climate is increased by 1 degree Celsius warmer since 1880. In the past extreme heat and drought has caused thousands of deaths. For example in Chicago 1995, 795 people died in a heat wave and in Europe 2003, 30,000 people died from another heat wave. In Northwest China desertification of farming lands causes a loss of 1000 miles annually. The Amazon forests pl...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 23 Minutes Ago

Any Topic

Beginner
Ra1n

Rules:1. If you accept this debate, you are to accept and follow the following rules:2. Failure to comply will result in a automatic win for me. Voters please keep this in mind.3. You may come up with any reasonable debate topic. You can be either PRO or CON, I don't care. My standards are somewhat lax; just don't throw me an extremely difficult or impossible position (i.e. Prove the color purple to not be the color...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 25 Minutes Ago

Does being famous have negative influences/consequences?

J.EWEL3000
StevieWolfe

I think it does because look at certain famous figures, such as Lindsey Lohan, Elvis Presley ,The Beatles, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Britney Spears, and so on. Being famous destroys them. If someone was in this situation and were smart, they would take the fortune they got and go back to accomplishing certain things they couldn't have done without the money. Fame can corrupt, even the most innocent people who you would never suspect would do something BAD. After a certain amount of time living in...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 59 Minutes Ago

What is the best (video) game in History?

LeastCommonDenominator
chevybow

Whoooo, my first debate in a while. Let's go. Acceptance in round 1, and arguments in 2-3, with 4 as a conclusion. Pick a video game and debate. Pictures to support your case is allowed. Accepting all, but if you accept, then troll, all 7-points go to con. Let's go!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 26 Minutes Ago

Contender chooses topic

Bwacit
philochristos

First round acceptance and topic, second round points, third round rebuttals. RULES 1. Topic must be fair and cannot have only one side. 2. This debate can not be about entertainment/pictures or games or anime. 3. You cannot have arguments in third round or rebuttals in second. You can, however, strengthen in the third round. 4. No trolling...only choose to debate if you actually plan on completing the debate. 5. Any breaking of these rules results in automatic Pro win....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Communism(Con) v Capitalism(Pro)

Hanspete
maydaykiller

So as Pro I will be arguing for Capitalism vs. Communism, First Round is Acceptance only, Second and Third Round are arguments and rebuttles, and Fourth Round is Stating why you did better than your opponent. No Racial Slurs, Swearing, the whole thing. I wish good luck to my opponent! ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Is America free?

Chucknorris5799
Ra1n

America was one of the first if not the first country to throw of the chains of a monarchy to establish a democracy. They followed the examples of ancient Athens, the roman republic, and the philosophy of John Locke. Throughout its history more freedoms have come into being such as the banning of slavery and woman's suffrage The American Revolution also inspired countries in Europe and south and central america to have simular revolutions America has always attracted immigrants from all over th...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Minutes Ago

Witch is better, Pokemon or digimon

PokemonCatch
piefav

Pokemon is definitely better than Digimon. I think this is because Pokemon have a language, and that is really cool, but Digimon speak human language, witch makes Pokemon unique. Another argument is that Pokemon do not die as often as Digimon do. That makes Digimon a really sad show to watch. My last argument is that Pokemon have WAY more attacks than Digimon does. Digimon usually have 1 or 2 moves, but Pokemon have lots of moves. So are you on my side that Pokemon are better than Digimon is :)....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 46 Minutes Ago

Music Debate: Elton John Vs Billy Joel

ROM63

Welcome to my first open music debate. Today's round will see the "Rocket Man" - Elton John - pitted against the "Piano Man" - Billy Joel. The following debate is intended to discuss the merits of the two musicians in question based on a variety of subjective and objective criterion, such as critical acclaim, musical proficiency and complexity, enduring popularity, influence, et al.Rules for acceptance:1. No simple claims of "music is subjective, so this d...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago