Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

THB that racial profiling is necessary

darsan9
WhoIsToSayWhatIsRight

The first round is a standard round where formalities will be maintained. the first round will be ignored when voting . a limit of 7000 characters will be maintained. 48 hours grace period is awarded between each debate. standard definition for racial profiling Racial profiling is the use of an individual"s race or ethnicity as a key factor in deciding whether to engage in enforcement (e.g. stop and search or arrest) good luck....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 50 Minutes Ago

This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!

Ajabi

Resolved: This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!Debate Details: I wanted to debate this topic ever since I saw Sargon's debate (http://www.debate.org/debates/A-Neo-Lorentzian-Ether-Exists/1/) on this topic. He recommended me some boo...

Challenge Period
16 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

The Kalam Cosmological Argument is unsound

UchihaMadara

1. First round for acceptance2. No new arguments in the final round3. The debate should be impossible to accept. Finding a way to accept without permission will result in an automatic loss for Con. If you would like to accept, please say so in the comments section, and I will challenge you in a week or so.4. By accepting the debate, Con agrees to use the following definitionsK...

Challenge Period
17 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Men accused of rape should be castrated

Garbanza
Mikal

Men who have been accused by two or more women of rape should be castrated.Leave a message in the comments if you'd like to accept.First round is acceptance. ...

Debating Period
17 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

There Exists A Non-Mental Reality

Rational_Thinker9119
GoOrDin

Most people believe in a non-mental reality... However, I don't think that these people really have any valid justification. This debate is a challenge to anyone who believes that they can demonstrate that a reality exists outside of mind (or, at least that a reality outside of mind is the most plausible explanation for our experiences). The burden of proof will not be shared, as I have defended my position enough in debate. I would like to see some positive arguments for a non-mental reali...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

"Portrayal of Teenager's Body Image on Media wields more Negative than Positive Effects." Discuss

Ants
WhoIsToSayWhatIsRight

The media sets an unrealistic expectation on body image for teenagers. Most fashion industries utilize media to garner viewership and consumership on their products. Industries select models based on their physical apearances to promote their product. This is usually done by editing the photographs to make men look bigger and women smaller, most of the time these are unreal and false figures that viewers are deceived into believing. For example, the recent controversy that Target edited an image...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 32 Minutes Ago

DDD's 30th debate: Physical Education SHOULD be a requirement in schools

dynamicduodebaters
UchihaMadara

INTRODUCTIONl can’t believe it has been 30 debates! Anyways, On to the debate! The resolution is “Physical Education should be a requirement in schools” I am pro, or for this resolution. IMPORTANT THING...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Five night's at Freddy is one of the best horror games!

DefineRich

Round #1 Acceptance Round #2 Argument Round #3 Closing statement...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

should people help drug users

coolkid1231
intellectuallyprimitive

I think people should help drug users because they need help and who is going to help them. I watched a video and people tryed to help them and some addicts stopped, but they allowed the people to use the drugs for free so i think they are just egging them on so they will continue the addiction to nicotine and other hard drugs. These are my contentions. I look forward to seeing yours may the debate be a good one....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Resolved: We should lynch Wylted

Envisage

*Leave a message in the comments if you want to accept**Wylted's permission has been obtained prior to this debate*Note to voters: 2,500 ELO, and conduct may not be rewarded just by virtue of the debate topic at hand. Points should be rewarded according to Ragnar's DDO FAQ.Definitions:Wylted: The person who operates this DDO Account - http://www.debate.org/Wylted/ Lynch: "To execute without due process of law, especially to hang, as by a mob." 10,000 cha...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago