Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Removing Religion from Politics

Artie

Even though I am an atheist I have respect for religions and I understand people who are religious. Some of the most amazing people I know in life are old regular Baptist and I would entrust my life to them. The passion and love they show to their God can inspire me, an atheist. That being said I do not believe that we will progress as a country and even a species if we allow politics to be so widely controlled by religion of any kind. I believe United States elected officials should be allowed...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 37 Minutes Ago

libertarians should trust the government.

Wylted

Pro will be arguing that libertarians should trust the government. Con will argue that libertarians should distrust the government. First round is mainly for acceptance. Good luck ...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 54 Minutes Ago

Religion was made to control people

Coyote18
TheCritic89

Creating an invisible being that constitutes laws and defines our humanity is the best way to gain control. In the past, sciences were stopped because it didn't follow the laws of God. For example: When Copernicus argued that the Earth was not the center of the universe and it was rather the sun, the church tried to quickly kill his story. Religions control groups of people....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Team Debate: Ban Violent Sports

fire_wings

Because someone accepted this, I will make it clear. Debate impossible to accept. If you accept without my permission: You lose the debate, and automatically forfeit the whole debate to me. Wishing to accept, apply in comments. I am not letting someone will forfeit accept this debate. This will be a team debate.Team Debate

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Donald Trump is the best choice for President

monim14
rangerofthewest

Honestly, I just feel like many people do not give Donald Trump enough credit. He has a strong character that many people lack and DO need. Donald Trump is exactly what America needs; he knows how to push and nag and get his point across, he understands that he doesn't have to "fix" himself to fit in with what other people's views are; he's just a man with much needed qualities in a leader. Everything Donald Trump has said is nothing new to what have already been problems in the United States fo...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Should students have to wear uniforms to school?

ThatLezChick
Sarasaz

This is a debate on whether students should have to wear uniforms in school. First round is acceptance. Rounds 2-4 are arguments and rebuttals and round 5 is for closing arguments no new arguments. Good luck....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

makeup: should girls be encouraged to wear makeup?

mairavb
fire_wings

Coming from a mostly male- dominated family, I have always been questioned as to why I dedicate part of my time to putting on makeup. Society incentives women to wear makeup so that they can be seen as more attractive; honestly, it is something that makes women feel better about themselves. It has given me more confidence in myself; when I do my makeup, it is a time that I dedicate to skin care as well, therefore treating my body better. I also find it entertaining, I really enjoy trying new...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

"They told you that the primary purpose of the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross was to save you"

EGJ

They told you that the primary purpose of the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross was to save you...was it? I propose to you to start by tracing back the story of the cross from the very beginning: There..., in the paradise, God prepared for Adam and Eve what you may call "heaven on earth" and God was like a friend to them, "the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, where are you? (Genesis 3:9). God provided them with everything they need to make their lives wonderful, but Satan...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

God is Real

Eyeofthebeholder
squonk

God is real. Science proves it. There are several experiments that consist proving that there is an eternal force that is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. Science also claims that "energy" can be neither created nor destroyed (reason enough to believe in an un-created, indestructible eternal force) while purporting other scientific "laws" like the Law of Bio-Genesis, The First & Second Laws of Thermodynamics and the Law of Like Forces Repelling. Please feel free to start the debate "again...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Hiroshima was not nuked

UtherPenguin

This challenge is a part of the outlaws debate tourney. Rules: -BoP is on con -only 500, characters allowed. -Logical fallacies are allowed and encouraged -Vote bombing is allowed and encouraged -All Arguments in the third round MUST be in Spanish (Google translate is fine) -All arguments after this round MUST be in Comic Sans -I like cheese....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago