Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Atheists are ignorant

Godisreal21
sherlockholmesfan2798

They are...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Minutes Ago

Do the ends justify the means?

themightyindividual

A man should foresee the consequences of his actions and base his actions accordingly. The other way around would be ridiculous. The ends (the end result) must justify the means (the way of getting to that result) because if not, what does? Take this example: A man is transported to a jungle island with nothing but a knife, a backpack, his clothes, and a Zippo lighter. He is automatically faced with a problem: how to survive. In order to survive on this island, he chooses a system of rational...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

girls are better leaders than boys

kirbybuckets
Commondebator

Boys are better than girls because girls can give way to emotion during important business...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should western nations (including the United States) legalize gay marriage?

SeanNation
RainbowDash52

Hi everyone, this is my first debate on debate.org. Have patience! With that stated, here I go! Whether you think it's a choice or not, whether you approve of homosexuality or not, homosexuality exists. Gay people exist. Gay couples and relationships exist. You can choose to ignore them, but they will continue to have sex and partnerships. If you believe it is a choice, then as long as humans retain free will, there will always be people who choose to be gay, even in the most intolerant of...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

the "right to be forgotten" on Internet searchers ought to be a

NerdHerd
guillermo.99

I will be running for the negative side of the "right to be forgotten" on Internet searches ought to be a civil right. Many of us had once in our life have been outraged for our right to know in the public eyes. Whether it be from a blocked website or maybe even Area 51. We all question things in our world, but do we know what they are trying to keep from us? The "right to be forgotten" on the Internet sometimes constrains us from viewing things we want to know more about. Right to be forgott...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Marilyn Monroe's death

DayneWadden
Godisreal21

Marilyn. Murder? Mayhem! For many years people have debated about the mysterious death of the Hollywood Star, Marilyn Monroe. Many speculations have been made about the exact way she died. What is known by the world is that she had committed suicide by a drug overdose. But what really happened? Marilyn Monroe was murdered by President John F. Kennedy"s associates as ordered by JFK himself, a governmental conspiracy. "There are a number of credible people who claim that Marilyn Monroe had af...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

celebration of the modern context of Halloween

debate1234567890
irockyoursockes

I feel that the modern context in which we celebrate Halloween is absolutely wrong. This is because we celebrate evil and not the goodness which is the old way. Why should we teach the children of the 21st century to be satanic and evil? Surely our society already promotes bad things through computer games and television? Enough is enough....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Finding Figfoot: Fact or Fiction

randyn.carter

Randyn Carter English 2 Ms. Key Argument Paper 10/29/14 Finding Bigfoot: Fact or Fiction Finding Bigfoot is an exciting television show that is played on Animal Planet. It is mostly shown on Sunday nights for the late night "passionate believers of the unknown." It involves a team of four people that go to different areas each week and find witness" that have been in sasquatch related problems. This show claims that they have have real evidence that bigfoot exists but clearly they have...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Should children be allowed to watch unmonitored television?

Ishika
debate1234567890

Yes children of today should definitely be allowed to watch unmonitored television . I would lije qoute an example before beginning with my argument. It was afternoon and I was watching television. My mom walked and say what I was watching and finding it inappropriate for me to watch she told me to change the channel then got busy with some work. I switched it on again. Is this monitoring sufficient ofcourse not. Hence what is required is monitoring our values and morals and bringing them up in...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

should violent video games be sold in stores

mosesbirdsall
owlsarehappy

yes it should it does depend on the person the video games don't choose if you kill a person you do...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago