Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Mario is un-Buddhist

mightbenihilism

Now listen here, I am 29 years old. I was there when the Super Nintendo first came out, and I got me my own system real quick. I had that first cartridge of Super Mario Bros, and I beat it in about a year of trying. I know a lot of you younger folk don't remember all that because you didn't exist, but I sure do. I'm an old school Mario fan. I've been through the N64 Mario, too. I know my stuff. And being an authority on the Mario, I am convinced today of this one thing: Mario is Un-Buddhist....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

We Cannot Create Artificial Intelligence via Computation Alone

n7

This debate is impossible to accept, if you wish to accept let me know in the comments.Definitions:Artificial Intelligence (as defined by Searle): The claim that an "appropriately programmed computer with the right inputs and outputs would thereby have a mind in exactly the same sense human beings have minds."Computation: "process following a well-defined model understood and expressed as, for example, an...

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Is it ok for a women to kick a guy in the balls

smokeweedeveryday
AbandonedSpring

Id it ok to kick someone in the balls?...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Is marching band a sport ?

savannah1006
SizeMatters

I believe that marching band is a sport because you are doing very much work and you also are playing for points and scores. They have to do as much work as say a lacrosse player....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

should kids pick there own extracaricular activities ?

5soshorselover
lolpas

I think kids should be able to focuse on what interests the student I am in 5th grade and i would like to be able to pick which activities i do i could use my one our of music to add on to my 1 hour of physical education . then if i want i have practice to be a olympion athlete. it depends on what you want to do in life....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

People are too hard on illegal immigrants.

EliasL
AbandonedSpring

There are many social media posts that are very anti-immigrant when it comes to the United States. I am very against this for reasons that will be listed in this argument.We are all immigrants. No matter how you look at it, the British immigrated here, the Spanish, Portuguese, even the Native Americans. The idea that someone, in an attempt to get away from a lesser country, should not be allowed to try to have a better life is asinine. Please feel free to argue in yo...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Lyricism 101 - #1: 30 Bars

ShadowKingStudios

Rules-Not a troll debat-No Purple Circles-No DDO Character Avatars-Must have an uploaded pic as avatar-30 bars/lines-Con post his/her 30 in R1

Challenge Period
12 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

why change just to fit in

dekotacat1
user_name

why should people change who they really are just so people like them you shouldnt have to try and be some one your not , you are who you are and if they don't like you then thats there problem not yours...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

should society be allowed to label a certain dog breed as 'dangerous'?

nicolecrawford15
savannah1006

i am in my 5th year of high school and to pass my english class i have to produce a discursive essay. my topic is 'Dangerous' breeds'. The question as you can see is, 'should society be allowed to label a certain dog breed as dangerous? i need to find out your opinions and thoughts. thanking you all very much. ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Do students have constitutional rights in school?

TX_Debator
EliasL

Students do have constitutional rights in school. There have been many court cases made over this, as this is a quite talked about subject. The answer is yes, they do have rights. The constitution guarantees ALL Americans constitutional rights, no matter their age, sex, orientation, race, or ethnicity. Schools are a part of this country, so by law everyone in that building has rights. To say students don't have rights is totalitarian, and completely absurd....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago