Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Computers are bad for our health!

MrAmazingDuck

Staring at a bright screen for hours can lead to eye fatigue or eye strain, headaches, blurred vision, burning, itching or tearing eyes, and temporary vision disorders. Fortunately, eye strain rarely results in a permanent condition and symptoms can be prevented or cured rather easily. Remedies Use a quality display of sufficient size. Avoid glare. Keep at least one arm length between your eyes and your display. Keep blinking. Follow the 20/20/20 rule, i.e. every 20 minutes, focus on an ob...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Minutes Ago

One can rationally support the claim that they are the only individual in existance with free will.

TheJuniorVarsityNovice

In this debate I will assert logically that out of all people who roam the earth, I am the sole individual who has free will; does this mean that I believe I am truely the only one? Well not exactly, but in essence, yes. I will show that because each individual lives in his or her own world, that they are logically restrained to accept certain ideas, especially when they experience a certain theoretical situation which logically demonstrates that others are not free but that you...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Females are better people than males.

Kozu

I'v made this debate impossible to accept, post in the comments if you would like to accept the debate.If there were to be only one gender on earth, which gender would be able to live together more peacefully?If one were to look at the nature of females overall, and how they interact with the rest of their community, I believe most would agree females are much better than males in this aspect. They're often more less-aggressive, more empathetic, and able to better co...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Resolved: The United States of America should create coral reefs along its coastlines(Policy debate)

TheJuniorVarsityNovice

This debate is impossible to accept. If you are interested just comment or PM me, please leave a general and non-detailed description/overrun of your Basic argument(s). Forewarning, this is a policy debate with no kiritcs accepted. Unlike most debates about policy, the Burden of Proof will be equally shared. 10k character limit, the purpose of the debate shall primarily be fairness and education. Pro maintain...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

The God Game!

G-g-ghost

Game Rules -I will debate that I would make a better God than my opponet or if my opponet chooses his God . So my opponet will either defend him/her self as a god over me or there God . (Completely up to them) Feel free to do w/e you want paint a picture or write a holy text full of arguments of why you feel you/your God would be better than me and most of all have fun! And remember it's just a game :) (Voters plz don't judge on grammar and spelling to harshly)...

Challenge Period
13 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Christians Should Accept and Love Homosexual People

OneCoolKid
Ab_M

I am of the firm belief that Christians should be accepting and loving of people who are homosexual. Of the few instances in the Bible where homosexuality is mentioned (the majority of which are in the old testament), many of them are in extenuating circumstances, or could have an ambiguous translation. Firstly, in Genesis (19:5), it describes the homosexual rape of messengers of God in Sodom and Gomorrah. What the punishment for this act (the burning of the two cities) may be because of,...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Nuclear Power is safe

cads
sgoodall

The first round is accepting. I wish the contender the best of luck!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Trolling is bad for the community.

GamerKnowledge
ColeTrain

I believe that Internet trolling (more specifically on the troll videos on Youtube). Anyone want to debate against me?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Protestant's choice.

dsjpk5

Update: I thought this went rather well last time, so I thought I'd try it again. This debate should be impossible to accept. If you find a way to accept it, you automatically lose. You must believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I am looking for a Protestant who is interested in debating/discussing a specific Catholic doctrine. You pick the doctrine. And it must be an official Catholic doctrine. First one to comment will get a challenge request from me. 5 Rounds 10,000 ch...

Challenge Period
192 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

If you don't believe in Heaven's existence, then why do you believe Earth's mysterious existence?

Passionate_Fighter
sputnick1

If you don't believe in Heaven's existence, then why do you believe in Earth's mysterious existence? Good day to all debate.org community members. My name is Colin, and I am a newcomer in this website and it would be an honor for me to smoke my contenders L.K.O so bring it on! Since I'm new, I made my opponent fairly random. A person who is a believer (or rather, some religions) would be in favor of the topic. So if your against this topic, like I said I long for a battle, so go on ahead a...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago