Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Are beauty pageants good for today"s children

Reli

I think that beauty pageants are bad for today"s children. They encourage looking beautiful and having a perfect body more then intelligence or good personal qualities....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 52 Minutes Ago

Children should not be given homework until late teens

emsiblook

Childhood should be a time of exploration, of fun. School should be for learning, out-of-school hours should be for relaxing. If children have less to learn, they don't have to stress about silly extra work that really means nothing until late teens, and if children enjoy what they are learning, they will remember it more. I would also endorse children not having to go to school until the age of 7, and less hours of lessons per day. If all of this gets Finland in the #1 spot for education...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Abortion is Murder

bigwigaustin

In this debate, I am taking the stance of the Pro. I think that abortion should be classified as murder and should be illegal. For the first round, simply post your stance on this issue. For the second round, we'll state the facts for our arguments. For the third and fourth rounds, we'll counter each other. For the final round, each of us will finish countering and will provide closing statements. I look forward to debating you....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Are Video Games, Movies, and TV Shows Art?

SoulElm
xyzcox72

Art is a media that exceeds any classification, and as such these things should be considered art. The creators of these things put blood, sweat, and tears into what they create, just like any other piece of art. I believe anything can be considered art, especially these things....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

DebateIsland.com New Formal Debating vs Debate.org?

TrumpSupporter

DebateIsland.com just released "Formal" Debating. That includes Lincoln-Douglas Debating and Traditional Debating. They also have a Blitz mode which is 15 minutes per round. Their is a 9 point voting system. DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls. DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there. The DebateIsland community is very civil and the found...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Refugee

rjz
tlforal

As many people come to realize, there has been a very difficult situation that has been approaching our front steps! I have created this debate to get a better understanding from both sides of the situation. When people often debate in the direction of bringing in refugees to America it seems to catch my attention in a way I believe most people don't see. Now with that being said i would like to inform the people reading this that i am a Christian Arab who is from a Arab country. Please feel fre...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

travel ban should be used and is very helpful

klmkmlk
rjz

The travel ban is meant to keep Americans safe by Trump deciding to ban the 6 countries he did but not the ones that we know were involved in the largest terror attack in America such as Egypt and Saudi. This shows that Trump is willing to jeopardize with these countries because of the business between them even though between 1975- 2015 those countries are where most of the terrorist were coming from. Also by Trump introducing the travel ban he is reinforcing this idea of foreigners being a dan...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

The formation of a new political party? What would be different?

nathanjkrueger

After observing the confusion and debate surrounding the future of the US, I have arrived at a potential conclusion, and I"m looking for input because I think this could be revolutionary. I hold the belief that the vast majority of disagreements about various topics in the US today, such as: abortion, immigration, gun laws, federal involvement, etc. can all be explained by the idea that we have been misguided for too long, made to believe that the US was primarily composed of Democrats and Repub...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Religious law should be implemented.

Lecromi
plasmafish

Fundamentally, I believe in the absolute separation of religion and state. It is observed today that in many countries, religious law is the primary, if not the only source of the country's criminal and civil law. Eg: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia (Sharia applies in full in Saudi Arabia) Any in-depth analysis of religious law, be it the law prescribed in the Qur'an or the Bible or any other religious text, will show that these laws are incompatible with modern civilization. The Hadiths (Sahih al-Buk...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

GDPR: General Data Protection Regulation " a good or a bad thing? And why?

isabellev

In which ways can GDPR be a bad thing and in which ways can it be a good thing (aside from the obvious)?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago