Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Learning a Foreign Language in High School and Colleges Requiring it.

wethepeople_cn

High school students shouldn't be required to learn a foreign language in high school and colleges shouldn't require it. Most students who take a foreign language in high school don't actually want to take the class, because of this students will feel pressured and already have a negative attitude before taking the class. The pressure that is applied by high schools and colleges can hurt students' GPA's and regress their abilities to learn a foreign language in other ways. In cases were students...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Do you believe in the existence of a new world order?

CyberOptics

It's been a personal hobby of mine to researching history and I've looked into the Bavarian Illuminati, and there is strong evidence to support that this group lived on and is really running the world today. Adam Weishaupt, the founder of the Illuminati, was a former Jesuit priests. Just a couple years before the formation of this secret society, the Catholic Church suppressed the Jesuit order because they have been implemented in political maneuvering and economic exploitation of that time fram...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Android is better than iOS.

Fartbubble
temerix

Android is better than iOS. It has more features, and more customisability!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Animals are sentient.

Gabe1e2
Moses_xTx_Secrets

I will be arguing for Pro on this one. I had a debate like this in the past on my other account, and I won. I feel I can win again, versing my opponent. 4 rounds, because this is a minor debate to me, I have a major debate going on as well. 9,000 characters. 72 hours to argue.DEFINITIONS:These definitions are not to change at all throughout the debate, if you want to change it, message me. Both sides will use this.Sentient: responsiv...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Same-Sex adoption

ModernHippie
CyberOptics

I believe that same-sex couples should be able to adopt simply because I believe every child should be able to have a home. I also believe that every capable adult that wants a child should be allowed the opportunity to have one. There are thousands of children and teenagers that go without a home daily, that is not right. Everyone should be given the opportunity to have a loving home to go to. Everyone should have the opportunity...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Downloading free music should be legal.

stmorgan44
TillDeathDoWePart88

I believe we should be able to download music. The only people who are being hurt are the record company's. This is free exposure to the artist....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Sonic & (Sega) All-Stars Racing (& Transformed) VS Mario Kart (Franchise) - Remastered

Shrek_sDrecKid

Introduction/Thesis Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (and Transformed) is far superior to the Mario Kart franchise in every possible way. Better graphics, better music, better controls, better game modes, better vehicles, better items, better track design, better AI, better challenge, better mechanics, better online...you get the idea. With the exception of Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Kart DS, and Mario Kart 8, all other Mario Kart games are inferior to the two Sega clones that Sumo Digital h...

Challenge Period
26 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Europeans must stop the White Genocide.

Anarcho-Socialist
sansvoix

Hello. Right now, there is a White Genocide that is currently plaguing the West. Most Europeans see this, and yet they do nothing, for fear of political backlash. The governments of Europeans are doing almost nothing to halt it, save maybe Russia. Currently, Europeans are only 8% of the world's population, Europeans being, in slang, "White people." Roughly 50 years ago, they used to be about 30%. The main causes behind White Genocide are: Non-White immigration, open borders, amnesty, h...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Capitalism vs. Socialism

TheGentlemanlyMarxist
Rwoot14

For this argument I will be taking the "con" position, which is to be the "socialism" position for the purpose of this debate. This first round is for acceptance, and to clarify the following: Capitalism: Economic system characterized by wage-labor and individual or state ownership of the means of production. Wage labor is to be defined not simply as labor done for an incentive, but rather labor paid for based on capital an employer feels to pay an employee rather than the social value of a pro...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

America's current education system is a gateway for classism

HaileyL

America's current education system caters to the needs of a wealthy minority and leaves the majority of Americans cannot afford the education that they need to survive in the real world. Standards for public are non-existent in the status-quo and carrot subsidies like race to the top a have done nothing to fix the problem. The high cost of getting a quality education makes escaping from poverty even harder...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago