Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

ALS Bucket Challenge is a Waste of Water & Time!

philosurfer

ALS Bucket Challenge is a Waste of Water & Time!MOST folks have opted to dump water instead of donating money. That's how it works. I'm sure the statistics wouldn't even be close regarding ice water dumping vs. donations. The ratios would be sad.Further, why not use dirty sewer water? Why use fresh water? There is a fresh water shortage in the world! I have water...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 25 Minutes Ago

Is minecraft cool

zad112

MIneCraft is cool...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 26 Minutes Ago

RESOLUTION: The police should be unarmed.

donald.keller

In response to Puggle999's comment on Tickld.com: "You know what's better than both? Having an unarmed police force who don't even have water cannons, let alone tear gas to fire at either type of protest." Which he then added: "You downvote because you know it is true." Resolution: The police should be unarmed to the point of not even having water cannons. If Puggle666 wishes to accept the debate, he should post in the Tickld Comment....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 52 Minutes Ago

Hydro Fracking: Good or Bad?

Lucas_4
Aerogant

This is my first time on this site, so i would like to open up with a BIG topic of HYDROFRACKING. I believe that this is a very good thing for our society today, both horizontal and vertical alike. Hydrofracking is a great way to give our economy a boost, depending on how much we invest in it. And Hyrofracking is also a easy way to create lots of energy. ACCEPT!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Minutes Ago

It is ok to kill an innocent person in order to save the lives of more innocent people

KingDebater369
AlternativeDavid

PREFACEReally cool LD debate topic from ~6 years ago. I won't be debating this in LD format. It's going to be just like a regular debate on DDO. Good Luck to whomever may accept!Full Topic It is morally permissible to kill one innocent person to save the lives of many innocen...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The Christian God - On Balance - Does NOT Exist

philosurfer

The Christian God - On Balance - Does NOT ExistDebate Stipulations:Round 1) Acceptance Only - NO Statements or RebuttalsRound 2) Opening Statements & Arguments - NO REBUTTALSRound 3) First Rebuttals - Further Arguments

Challenge Period
39 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Racism Is Natural and Has Evolutionary Origins

philosurfer

Racism Is Natural and Has Evolutionary OriginsDISCLAIMER : This debate will NOT endorse inequality, ethnic privilege, racial hate or bigotry or disenfranchisement. This debate is intended to debate the origins of racism. Hate will not be tolerated. This debate is not intended to offend anyone but...

Challenge Period
31 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate

9spaceking
Aerogant

The resolution is simple. "9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate". "This particular debate" refers to this exact debate which you are currently reading. The link can be found here: http://www.debate.org/debates/9spaceking-is-CON-in-This-Particular-Debate/1/. And CON means "the opposing side of the resolution", while PRO means the side going for the resolution. So PRO has to prove 9spaceking is in fact CON in this...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Tommy, Go Back To Bed. There's No Monsters. They Can't Hurt You.

Aerogant
AlexanderOc

Well Dorthy, you're a bloody ejit. My name is not Tommy - I am a projection of your mind within your dream. I am here to haunt you for your precarious actions towards your son. Here let me show you *transforms into a deadly spider* - now, now, there's no need to be afraid. I'm only a projection of a deadly spider. I cannot really hurt you; everything that you may feel is your own fear deceiving you. Now listen to my disembodied voice through the spider projection and listen well. Your son needs...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 23 Minutes Ago

Resolved: Mark Waglburg would've prevented 9/11 had he been on one or all of those planes.

Wylted

This debate should be impossible to accept. Let me know if you want to debate this seriously or as a troll. I'll consider all options and will choose an opponent in 10 days....

Challenge Period
13 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago