Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Japan should remove Article 9 of it's constitution

UtherPenguin
bsh1

Debate reserved for bsh1. Will open to bsh1 sometime this weekend (hopefully) Debate impossible to accept (Notify me if you are intrested in debating, I will not be open until next week though) Rules: Burden of Proof is on me. Failure to abide by the terms,format, or rules of the debate will result in a loss of conduct during the voting period. If Con finds the terms to be inaccurate or unreasonable, then he or she may alter the terms (but only with an argument as to why) Forma...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Worst pick-up lines

emmalynn
JMan1424

I wish to debate you, JMan, on horrible pick-up lines. May the one with the worst pick-up lines win!!! Only rule: Make them horrible :)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should children get paid to get good grades

S3B
S3C

I think children would be more motivated to learn if they were getting paid....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Death penalty should be abolished

GameriseProductions
DonaldTrump

ResolutionThe death penalty should be abolished.BoP is shared; I have to prove that the death penalty should be abolished. My opponent, in contrast, has to prove that the benefits of the death penalty outnumber its costs and therefore should be kept.DefinitionsDeath penalty - "the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime"Rules

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Should we tighten gun control laws?

GameriseProductions

Full ResolutionGun control laws should be tightened.BoP is shared; I have to prove that gun control laws should remain the same. My opponent, in contrast, has to prove that our current gun control laws are too lenient and therefore should be strictened. DefinitionsGun control - "regulation of the selling, owning, and use of guns" Rules1. First r...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

there should be universal background checks on gun sales

dairygirl4u2c

about forty percent of gun sales currently do not involve background checks. that means there's plenty of head way to be made here. true, some will just get guns illegally. but not ALL of them will. this is common sense. to say otherwise is like saying we shouldn't have crime laws cause some crime will occur. not everyone who is denied is a black hoodie who will stop at nothing to get a gun....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

i will get the fewest points in this debate

dairygirl4u2c
PericIes

i will get the fewest votes in this debate.when the poll shows that i got the fewest votes.... my affirmation will be affirmed. that means that i really won this debate even if i got the fewest votes.when mostpeopleare voting against me, that could only mean that the voter participating in voting against me, is contradicting himself. that is, i will have won the debate so how can you be voting agaisnt me?so is the only way to ensure that you are in the right as a voter, is to vote "pro"?votewise...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Felons should have voting rights in the modern U.S.

kasmic

R: Felons should have voting rights in the modern U.S. Clarification/Cont...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

food stamps should be provided by the government

dairygirl4u2c
bballcrook21

access to food is a basic right, as long as the person isn't just lazy. please start round 1 with arguments...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

the USA should have universal background checks on gun sales

dairygirl4u2c

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago