Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

War Debate: United States vs. Chosen Nation

Prodigy0789

This is a new category that I have adopted from Russia_the_Almighty for my own purposes. You can go see his Russia vs China debate to see the format and how things should be done. if you have any questions before we start this debate, feel free to PM me or tell me in the comments. ALL of the following rules apply:1. Use this source for military numbers only, as it is the most reliable: ht...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Minutes Ago

Is Dance a Sport

Jcroupe

I do believe dance is a sport. I also believe that it is an art. Who said something had to be one or the other? Dance is a rare activity that can fit into both categories. The expression of the soul within the costumes, choreography, and music align with the art aspect. However, the strength, skill, competition, and physical exertion needed fit into the sports category....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Minutes Ago

The United States Should Not Recognize the International Criminal Court as a Legitimate Body

Ameliamk1

Background: The International Criminal Court, or the ICC, is an institution established in 1998 by vote of the UN. With the Rome Statute as its founding document, the court is intended to discourage and punish war criminals and genocidaires. Although the United States originally refused to sign the statute over sovereignty concerns, the Bush administration eventually ratified it. In this debate, I will be arguing that the US should not recognize the legitimacy nor authority of the ICC. My opp...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Minutes Ago

The marijuana, evolution, gay marriage debate take 2

Finalfan

I have been involved with 15 debates regarding these subjects. The reason I'm compelled to debate these topics is that I just don't get it... At all!!!! Marijuana should be legal, evolution should be recognized as the current prevailing predictive model, and homosexuals are at the mercy of mass homophobia! I'm not saying that these statements are infallible. They are simply my conclusion. I'm trying to open my mind to the counter arguments but they only to continue to baffle me. This will not...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 33 Minutes Ago

Was Darren Wilson justified to shoot Michael Brown?

Sabras
csinger

First round- Basic outline Second round- Main arguments Third round- Rebuttals and closing statement Hello! I strongly believe that Officer Darren Wilson was justified to shoot Michael Brown. I further believe that the race of Michael Brown did not play a role in the shooting and therefore, did not affect the Officers judgement when deciding to pull the trigger....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 14 Minutes Ago

The marijuana, evolution, gay marriage debate

Finalfan
walle_ras

I have been involved with 15 debates regarding these subjects. The reason I'm compelled to debate these topics is that I just don't get it... At all!!!! Marijuana should be legal, evolution should be recognized as the current prevailing predictive model, and homosexuals are at the mercy of mass homophobia! I'm not saying that these statements are infallible. They are simply my conclusion. I'm trying to open my mind to the counter arguments but they only to continue to baffle me. This will no...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 51 Minutes Ago

Is Unlimited access to digital technology harmful to the holistic development of society?

Khadisha
mvega3

Be it resolved that UNLIMITED ACCESS to DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY is HARMFUL to the HOLISTIC development of SOCIETY.Personally I am in full denial of this motion!For several reasons of which I am about to share!Firstly,before I commence my argument let me just tell you that unlimited access to digital technology isnt the problem,its man that is the problem!The internet can be used for so many enriching lessons!For example,the soldiers that are miles away from their family!Because of unlimited access to...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Minutes Ago

The Chicken came before the egg

Robotoforgoto4
Prof.Asteroid

The Chicken came before the egg. Whichever reason you believe in, argue against that one: 1. Creationism- When God created the earth, he said something and it was created. IN the beginning, he created animals. It doesn't say he created eggs. It said he created animals. So chickens appeared. Then chickens got "married" and had eggs. So in summary, chickens came then eggs. 2. Big Bang- The Big Bang Theory is the theory that nothing came into something with an explosion. So there was a *bang*...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

GMO For and Against

Reactive
beachgirl67

1v1 M8...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Nafta: is it good?

snewkirk
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

History and Debate of NAFTA The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), a trade agreement between the governments of the United States, Canada and Mexico, took effect on January 1, 1994. The objective of NAFTA was to essentially create a free trade zone in North America by eliminating barriers to investment and trade among the three signatory nations. As soon as NAFTA took effect, the tariffs on a majority of the goods produced by the three nations were eliminated. For instance, tariffs on...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago