Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

the death penalty???

Grace_loves_debate
Skepticalone

hello so we have to do debates in class and no one is for the death penalty so I cannot do the arguments there, but I would still like to share my opinions about the death penalty so here I am. by the way I get very heated while I debate and will become very offensive at times to put my point across, so I apologize in advance for my behavior that is sure to come. first off whomever answers the debate is a sick and twisted human being with ought morals. secondly how dare you think that you cou...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Minutes Ago

NBA playoffs are better than the NHL playoffs

BadGuy72

The NBA playoffs are better than the NHL playoffs in many ways , most opinions but also facts show that the NBA playoffs dominate and with continue to dominate the NHL playoffs at least in America , for years to come ....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Should Johnny Depp Be Punished?

PatriotPerson
Targaryen

Recently, American movie star and acting legend Johnny Depp has been in trouble with the Australian government for "smuggling" his two puppies, Boo and Pistol, into the country. The problem they say they have is that Depp did not put the dogs through quarantine before living with them in Australia, which breaks Australian law. I believe Depp should not face any punishment for doing so. Rounds: 1 - Acceptance 2 - Opening Arguments 3 - Rebuttals 4 - Second Rebuttals/Closing Arguments...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Minutes Ago

Homosexual couples should not have kids since the kids will have a tough time growing up

AlarisaTran
SummerLover19

Okay... So for this topic, I'm gonna be a Pro since.... I have debated about this in my class being a Con and I failed. Sorry. Therefore, this time I'm gonna be a Pro and I'd like to restate the ideas that won over me the last time to anyone who's willing to be the Con. P.s: Don't be too hard or serious please... :p I'm not a native English speaker and I'm here to improve my English and also improving my skills in debating. So thank you :)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Justification is possible

CorieMike

So I've finally decided to have my third debate so I may start voting on others. My goal is to show, as an indirect skeptic, that all dogmatists lack justifications for their beliefs and are inconsistent in their pursuit for objective truths. T Definitions: (1) Pyrrhonism - a school of scepticism based on the suspension of belief (2) Gettier Problem - a philosophical question on whether justified true belief is sufficient for knowledge (3) Knowledge - Certain Justified True Belief The...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

being a theist to science

vi_spex
PhiIosopher

science cant prove aliens are not true based on lack of evidence, so does that mean that aliens are true or false to a science believer? and based on what...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Unorganized prostitution should be legal worldwide

xishancx
Andrew556

Let us first understand what prostitution is. Prostitution can be referred to as an exchange of sexual acts for cash. Why is this banned in most countries? Because of the age-old moral strictness, prostitution is still not lawful in many countries. Organized prostitution can be dangerous and it has a high chance of promoting crime. Organized prostitution is a form of crime in which the crime takes place in a systematic way and leads to formation of brothels and other illegal facilities. It also...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 27 Minutes Ago

moronogles

vi_spex
Discipulus_Didicit

i could be blind in the light believing that i am in the dark, and i could have my ability of sight in the dark believing that i am blind, so a blind man could just claim that he is in the dark and that his eyes work perfectly to me this explain the phenomena of ray comfort...

Voting Period
30 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

According to the Bible is Jesus Black?

blackpowernbham
striker0614

I am black so I don't think I am being biased. I wont go into speculation on he lived in this part of the world so he must have been a man of color. Greeks and Romans where already in the area so it is possible he could have been white. To end that speculation because we don't have a body or even know his bloodline to test DNA. So phenotype according to the words of the Bible was he described as a black man or a white man? I looking for a 1st round KO if anybody step up to the challenge....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

The Plantingan Modal Ontological Argument Is Sound

tejretics

This debate is impossible to accept. If interested, apply in comments. If you find a way to accept this debate and do so without my permission, you immediately forfeit the victory.Full ResolutionThe Plantingan...

Challenge Period
36 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago