Max.Wallace
TheCalmCanadian

. Audis are junkers, except to rich kids with limitless assets and time to maintain them.

TheCalmCanadian
Started: 9/4/2014 Category: Cars

Max.Wallace

Pro

When the Audi your dad bought you breaks down, and it costs thousands to fix, and your daddy foots the bill again, you will love the Audi still, only because it is daddy that pays for it, and not you. You will hate your Audi when you have to pay for repairs.
TheCalmCanadian

Con

Same could be said for any car or any asset in general.
Max.Wallace

Pro

This is a bout Audis exclusively, not just anything. Some vehicles you can neglect and they will almost never let you down. Not with big buck daddies Audi.
TheCalmCanadian

Con

This is one of the most pointless debates ever. Any vehicle can let you down and in all honesty reliable vehicles are also very expensive. in the past Audies have been really reliable and good vehicles. Same with volvos they are now expensive and overpriced.
Max.Wallace

Pro

They do meet emission and mileage standards so the must be good cars, right? Until the second owner/dreamer/sucker buys one. Nobody deserves that burden.
TheCalmCanadian

Con

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The more modern Audis have better gas rating and in all honesty they are pretty nice cars. Maybe not the most pricy audis but the older ones remind me a lot of volvo's. They are modest cars and middle class can afford them. Someone is just upset that the fact they cannot afford a similar vehicle.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
Junque.
Posted by Ranson 2 years ago
Ranson
I've heard similar arguments against Audi in the past. I own 2 and neither of them have ever been to the stealership for repairs. That's not to say they haven't had their share of problems but I am willing to throw myself at the issues when they arise. More often than not, any given repair has a lot of detailed information when referencing the, "Boy Racer" websites dedicated to these cars. I want a well balanced car with excellent driving dynamics and you get those features in Audi. Reliability is a concern so I am very proactive in performing maintenance/repairs. These cars do require more maintenance and repairs than a comparable Japanese brand. I realize I am an exception to the general population when it comes to working on a car I otherwise would not be able to afford given the $150 per hour labor rate the dealer will apply. I dwell on both sides of this coin. I bought my son a used Audi and regretted it due his, "Just get in and drive it" mentality. He was stranded on the side of the highway after only 3 months. I took it back and helped him buy a Camry. Audi is for rich Dads or Dads willing to work on it every 3rd weekend.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
I would bet my life that ther has never been an Audi built that did not consume $100,000 on way or another. They are worthless.
Posted by TheCalmCanadian 3 years ago
TheCalmCanadian
Not all audis are $100,000
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
a 100$ Vdub is a better investment, if transportation is your need.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
The $100,000.00 dollar horse folks are greedy bastards.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
A horse breed that only lived to 10, would not be worth much to any man. 10 year old Audis are worth at least $100,000 to the scum that sell them. It is just an industry.
Posted by TheCalmCanadian 3 years ago
TheCalmCanadian
I've never heard of that before. I still see audis that are near a decade old and are still running perfectly fine.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
Because the even the spoiled rich asses that buy them cannot keep them running right, so they trade them in for a new one that some naive almost wealthy idiot will buy, and the Audi salesman, and especially the Audi Manager get wealthy off the poor fools desire. Audis are the ride of Satan, if quality is a consideration. Quality is longevity, according to the health Nazis. Who is the Audi shareholders anyway? Not them? They, the big N's?
Posted by TheCalmCanadian 3 years ago
TheCalmCanadian
And why is that?
Vote Placed by MasturDebatur 3 years ago
MasturDebatur
Max.WallaceTheCalmCanadianTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is a debate of "this thing sucks because I can't afford one." Relly not trying to be a jerk but that's what it sounds like. Con presented great arguments against Pro.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Max.WallaceTheCalmCanadianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not fulfill BOP.