Chunkymilk
pensfan

0 is an even number.

Chunkymilk

Chunkymilk

Pro

I think 0 is an even number so I think it is neither neutral or odd.
pensfan

Con

0 is not an even number or a odd number it is neutral (not helping or supporting either side) basically zero is neutral, because its not positive or negative. its also in between positive and negative integers.
Chunkymilk

Pro

If you follow the pattern 3 is odd 2 is even 1 is odd so 0 is even. This just makes sense to me but I do not understand why people think it is neutral.

Also, the definition of odd is an integer is even if it is 'evenly divisible' by two and odd if it is not even according to Wikipedia and Google. 0 divided by 2 equals zero therefore zero is neither neutral nor odd. This is the definition and the definition is what the word means and cannot be changed!
pensfan

Con

first of all you can't trust Wikipedia because anyone can go on there and change the answers. second of all 0 is a neutral number because it is in between negative and positive numbers, and it is not negative or positive. therefore it is neither even nor odd.
Chunkymilk

Pro

First of all I understand Wikipedia is not always trustworthy. That is why I looked at the Google definition. If this is not enough Mathworld.wolfram.com/EvenNumber.html agrees that zero is an even number. This is stated in the second sentence.

Second of all, you have not shown any prove that 0 is a neutral number. As long as it is divisible by two it is even. 0 is divisible by two. What do you not get about the definition. 0 divided by 2 equals 0. It is an integer that divides evenly into a whole number.
pensfan

Con

My proof for zero being neutral is that it is not negative nor positive (as I stated before) it is in-between positive and negative integers. Your second point is a false statement. zero divided by any number on a calculator = error. meaning that it can't be divided. zero does not correspond to anything in reality, because zero signifies the absence of reality. therefor zero is not divisible by 2 or any other number.
Posted by mostlogical 8 months ago
mostlogical
if zero divided 2 equals zero that means it's not divisible. Any number including negative numbers can be divided by something, however there is nothing less than zero so it can't be divided.
Posted by Poetaster 3 years ago
Poetaster
I see the philosophical quality and rigor of thought in this comment section has greatly increased since I last saw it.
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
I did not mean that every body else thinks that o is an even number. I said that what are the chances that people who agree with me are commenting.
Posted by pensfan 3 years ago
pensfan
It is also common sence to have manners. I am really 15 in 10th grade. As for you calling me stupid I have straight A's in all of my classes. I'm also not the only one who thinks 0 is not even. There are plenty of people who think it is not. Just because you think it is even does not mean everyone who has a different opinion is stupid.
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
Sorry but I confirmed Wikipedia was telling the truth with the other two sites.
Posted by pensfan 3 years ago
pensfan
If these comments counted you would lose points for conduct. Please don't be so mean. I used math websites formy resources. More reliable then wiki
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
Sorry about the last comment but I got pissed off so much from pensfan's dumbness(such an idiot).

How old are you pensfan? What is your real age? This is a serious question.
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
How did some guy think pensfan had more reliable resources. He had none(or zero which is an EVEN NUMBER) and I had three reliable resources(Google, Wikipedia, and mathematics.wolfram.com).

What kind of idiot thinks he has better resources!!!
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
I forgot to tell you. Did you realize that you are LOSING BY A LOT. You have 6 points(which is an even number) and I have 19(which is an odd number) so why do you not understand by now that 0 is and whole integer like I just stated in second to last comment I put!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
EXACTLY!!! 0 DIVIDED BY 2 is 0 which is a WHOLE NUMBER. I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF!!!!!!!! IT IS COMMON SENSE!!! I JUST WANT TO YELL AT THE SCREEN!!! HOW IS THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO THINKS THAT YOU ARE RIGHT THAT IS COMMENTING! WHAT ARE THE ODDS!!!!!!!
Vote Placed by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
ChunkymilkpensfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Straight forward argument confirmed by sources. Con's neutral argument does not address the issue and you can easily verify that you can divide zero by 2.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
ChunkymilkpensfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: being neutral doesnt necessarily suggest that a number cant be even, and pro showed that there is evidence that 0 is indeed even which con couldnt counter. 0 is arguably a neutral even number, and it being neutral doesnt negate that its even
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
ChunkymilkpensfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argued that zero is an even number. Con argued that it is neither positive nor negative, which misses the point entirely. Being neutral in the sense that it is nether positive nor negative has nothing to do with whether it is an even number.
Vote Placed by Poetaster 3 years ago
Poetaster
ChunkymilkpensfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argued that 0 satisfies the accepted mathematical definition of an even number. Con did not refute this, and gave a faulty argument about "neutrality" in response. Con often did not capitalize the first letters of her sentences, so spelling and grammar goes to Pro.
Vote Placed by Enji 3 years ago
Enji
ChunkymilkpensfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues that an even number is a integer which is evenly divisible by two and zero is an integer which is evenly divisible by two. Pro's source supports this definition, and hence Pro shows that zero is indeed an even number. Con argues that zero is not even because it is not positive or negative, however Con does not support the claim that a number must be positive or negative in order to be even. Since an even number is defined as an integer which is evenly divisible by two, Con would have needed to argue that zero is not an integer - which is false.
Vote Placed by Weiler 3 years ago
Weiler
ChunkymilkpensfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sources to pro since only pro used any. Conduct to con for pro's "what don't you get" statement. Zero cannot be divided, arguments to con.