PowerPikachu21
Metallicasucks

1 Round debates should not be an option on debate.org

Metallicasucks has forfeited round #2.

PowerPikachu21

Pro

I never really enjoyed 1 Round debates, since there's not really any point to having them. So I've decided to make this debate so maybe I could understand the benefits of 1 Round debates.

Definitions:

1 Round debate; A debate on debate.org that only lasts 1 round. Once the Contender posts the Round 1 argument, the debate goes into voting.

Rules:

1) Running out of time is not an option. If you can't come up with a rebuttal or arguments, just pass the round and promise to come back the next round.

2) No trolling, semantics, etc.

3) Round 1 is acceptance only. No arguments will be posted in Round 1.

I'm looking forward to a challenge.
Metallicasucks

Con

lets get this over with
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I welcome Metallicasucks to debate.org. Allow me to show you why you're better off not creating 1 round debates.

1: Lack of Debate

In a 1 round debate, the Instigator (the one who created the debate) posts 1 round, and the Contender (the one who accepts the debate) posts for Round 1, and the debate's over after Round 1. There's not much going on, not much debate. The Instigator, unable to respond to the Contender's argument, can't refute their opponent's argument, only relying on their own argument. Because the Instigator can't defend their arguments from the Contender's rebuttal, the majority of the time, the Contender wins the 1 Round debates. My point is, there's no reason to make 1 round debates because you're probably not going to win.

2: No experience to gain

With the lack of debate going on, you aren't going to get any better if you make 1 round debates. In order to improve in debating, you need to clash with your opponent. By "clash" I mean the process of refuting your opponent's arguments while defending your own arguments. An experienced debater can easily detect flaws arguments, since they've either improved in percieving flaws, or they already encountered an argument with a similar flaw.

In conclusion, we shouldn't have 1 round debates because there isn't any real debating going on, and lack of debate means neither side learns how to debate better. What do you say?
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 8 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@SuperTrooper44
First of all, we are so far past 1969, Obama wasn't even our president back then. Saying that "God is your weed" is ridiculous

@SuperPickachu21
Vote for me because I plainly and clearly have the better and more focused argument
Check this debate: http://www.debate.org...
Vote for me!
Posted by qwzx 8 months ago
qwzx
should have made this a 1 round debate.....just to be ironic
Never less, I do agree with you about the stupidity with one round debates
Posted by PowerPikachu21 8 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I'm Pro for "1 round debates shouldn't be an option", so what do you think? Of course I'm against it!
Posted by NDECD1441 8 months ago
NDECD1441
Is your stance against one round or with one round?