Wylted
mohaimin

100 Debate Challenge 14: THBMothers should stay at home and look after their children.

Wylted

Wylted

Con

Pro argues in first round and passes on final round. No sematincs or trolling.
mohaimin

Pro

Mothers should stay at home because they are mothers. There is no such person in this world whom we can compare to "Mother" for their children. A mother should stay at home for the wellbeing of her child. From the very first day of birth a child starts to learn about his/her environment. He/she subconsciously or unconscious ly learn day by day language, behavior, values, culture etc. He/she learn most of it from his/her mother because they deserve to be with their mother most of their time. If mothers are not supposed to be there for their children and if the babysitter or housekeeping take their place as mothers, then children must learn babysitter"s or housekeeping"s culture . Is it good for the child of that mother? So for the sake of the children, mother should stay at home.
Not only for the children,also for the family maintenance mother should stay at home.
Wylted

Con

Wylted forfeited this round.
mohaimin

Pro

mohaimin forfeited this round.
Wylted

Con

This is not always possible. The dads could be permanently handicapped and stuff
mohaimin

Pro

you've said that 'not always possible' then you are agree with me at some point but you do not explain your logic at large. here our topic is Mothers 'Should' stay at home..... not 'must' and i explain myself as 'Should'. You've shown a scenario that is not common but exceptional. What about mass people?
Wylted

Con

This debate isn't about most mothers but all mothers. The previous round shows my opponent concedes there are situations where mothers should not stay at home. I accept my opponent's concession. Thanks for debating.
mohaimin

Pro

I think your logic is so lame. Through this whole four round debate you have used only two lines to express yourself in favor of your position! I think I clear myself as a Pro of the topic. Thanks.
Posted by kwilson60 2 years ago
kwilson60
Not all mothers are happy staying home. Not all mothers staying home with the children is best for the children. Some fathers would do a better job than the mother. We live in a free country and the choice is ours. If both parents want (or need) to work and that works for their family, why should "someone" make them stay home?
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
WyltedmohaiminTied
Reasons for voting decision: it's hard, very hard to decide the winner, especially since con (presumably due to lack of time) randomly accuses pro of a concession and uses an argument but never explains how it helps his case. Pro does nothing in the last round (which is logical) and his first round is okay but he never rebuts con's father-point. So, arg's are tied. However as bladey noted pro had terrible spelling, so that goes to con.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
WyltedmohaiminTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a weird debate to judge... Conduct - Tie. Both forfeited, so it balances out. S&G - Con. Both had grammatical errors, but I found Pro to have more errors than Con. Especially in Round 2. Arguments - This is difficult. Pro presented reasons why mothers *should* stay at home and those reasons were met with no direct rebuttal. Instead, Con presents the cases where fathers are handicapped and could therefore stay at home. Pro also lacks a real rebuttal and instead emphasizes the term *should. Con finishes by claiming Pro concedes, when Pro didn't, and then stands his ground based on the assumption that the resolution is focusing on *all mothers instead of just some. I do not see either side really standing out and can't really award this to either side. Will alter vote later if someone provides a clear reason at to who won arguments. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate.