Dovahkinn117
Alexander_The_Great

100 zombies would lose against 100 Spartans

Alexander_The_Great

Dovahkinn117

Pro

Zombies are slow and dumb, the dead are meant to stay dead, and the Spartans were the best of their time, zombies only win by having sheer numbers, and the Spartans' shield would push the zombies back. Just for clarification, I am speaking of regular zombies from left4dead. Also, this is staged before the Spartans were all killed off, when Sparta was in its prime.
Alexander_The_Great

Con

I accept this debate. Zombies have a greater chance in defeating the Spartans.
I wish my opponent luck and thank him for this opportunity.

So, In most zombie scenarios, there is usually a reason for the sudden appearance of zombies.
In the game "left for dead", the zombies were a result of a virus called "green flu". "Green Flu; a HIGHLY contagious virus causing extreme aggression, mutation to the body cells, and loss of higher brain functions."
This virus comes into contact with most humans in the game, turning a large portion of the people in the world in to zombies.

If at least one of the zombies were to come into contact with any one of the Spartans, the infection might spread to a large amount of the soldiers. This is a highly contagious virus. And the Spartan strategy of close quarters combat does not help them.
I would consider 100 or so Zombified Spartans a lose.

Even if the infection did not kill the entire Spartan unit, the Zombies would still win.
What's scarier than A Zombie and a Spartan? That's right, Zombie Spartans. Zombie Spartans are just as strong, if not stronger than the Spartan survivors.

Note: Immunity to the infection in left 4 dead, is 22% of people.
If the infection did not transform, let's say 22 Spartans, the other 78 Spartans that were on your side are now brain starved, infectious, Zombie Spartans. And They're in the mood for some Greek.
I think I remember you saying, "zombies only win by having sheer numbers." 178 Zombies(max) to at most, 22 Spartans.

Also, the zombies are definitely dumb. Strategy is not their strong suit. But, Zombies in left for dead and Zombies typically seen in more recent movies, are certainly not slow runners.

http://left4dead.wikia.com...
Dovahkinn117

Pro

Well worded, I can concede your point on the infection topic, but when I formed this debate, I was assuming that the Spartans in question were all from the 22% that are immune to the virus. To some comments about how uneducated the Spartans were, they were taught to administer all blows to be killers, ex.. To the head or the chest of the target, both of which would kill any normal zombie. The Spartans in question are all seasoned veterans that were not affected by the green flu, thus they should know how to kill the zombies as they have survived up to this point.
Alexander_The_Great

Con

And alright,
If somehow only the 22% of Spartans immune to the virus were selected to be a part of the group,and had also somehow have zombie fighting experience, then the Spartans have a greater chance than the previous hypothetical group. Because, I would think a Spartan would have a more difficult time fighting a zombie for the first time. The way zombies attack and fight is unorthodox. The zombies fight like animals. And as cool as it sounds, I doubt the Spartans practiced fighting against animals. That's only in the movie, "300." Spartans are use to fighting people with swords and shields.

You must of misread the part about education. I said that the zombies were not intelligent. I know that the Spartans knew everything there was to know about war and fighting people at the time. There is no denying that. But again, I know that the Spartans would have an extremely difficult time fighting this new opponent.

In round 2 my opponent said, "The Spartans in question are all seasoned veterans that were not affected by the green flu, thus they should know how to kill the zombies as they have survived up to this point."

Meaning, the Spartans have fought Zombies before. Therefore it's more than 100 zombies.
The only way it can truly be 100 vs 100, is if the Spartans have no zombie fighting experience.

In round 2, my opponent said.
"but when I formed this debate, I was assuming that the Spartans in question were all from the 22% that are immune to the virus"
I would say that , he should of said something along those lines before I accepted the debate. Otherwise, my initial point about the infection stands strong. My opponent has not refuted this point.

Finally, the title at the top of the argument reads, "100 Zombies would Lose against 100 Spartans."
As if implying that there is a 100% chance that a million tested scenarios would run over and over again, and the clear winner, 100% of the time would be the Spartans. This is not the case.
I think I have given a decent argument that would give the edge to the zombies.

If you are for Zombies, vote con.
This was a fun debate, and I thank my opponent for his time and wish him luck in the voting.
Posted by Shifter 5 years ago
Shifter
Sorry meant to post but accidentally hit send. As pro conceded, Con wins by default, thus giving him points.
Posted by Dovahkinn117 5 years ago
Dovahkinn117
I concede this debate, Alexander, you beat me fair and square.
Posted by Dovahkinn117 5 years ago
Dovahkinn117
Posted by Dovahkinn117 5 years ago
Dovahkinn117
This is not a civilization debate, this is on a flat plain, toe to toe slugfest
Posted by Dovahkinn117 5 years ago
Dovahkinn117
I also wanted to see what the public thinks about who wins in this battle.
Posted by Dovahkinn117 5 years ago
Dovahkinn117
It really sounds like any of you could, I was just joking around when I made this.
Posted by philochristos 5 years ago
philochristos
Shifter, it sounds like you should accept the challenge.
Posted by Dovahkinn117 5 years ago
Dovahkinn117
Okay for this purpose, the NORMAL zombies from left4dead will be used.
Posted by Dovahkinn117 5 years ago
Dovahkinn117
The whole point of this exercise is to see what would happen when both sides, having equal numbers, went toe to toe. I just want an opinion on this subject.
Posted by Shifter 5 years ago
Shifter
The Spartans lived in a vast wasteland incappable of growing the amount of food or resources required to keep them alive. To remedy this, Sparta became a military Country, forcing every male at age seven to train for the military, and made all the other jobs done by slaves. They were taught that every citizen's waking moment should be used to help Sparta and fight. Due to if they were incappable of fighting they would die, their soldiers were one of the best in their time, however their lack of education (they weren't taught anything but how to fight) would make them unable to use the thought process needed to fight zombies. Not only that but zombies would have the advantage of surprise (such as when stabbed they aren't hurt). Some, if not all, of them would get infected, and since the only healers were slaves, they would bring them back to Sparta, where they would change, thus causing an epidemic. More than one city would fall, and the army would have to purge Sparta, leaving them open to be attacked by the two other superpowers Persia and Athens, along with non-superpower nations. Sparta would more than likely fall.
Vote Placed by Shifter 5 years ago
Shifter
Dovahkinn117Alexander_The_GreatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded
Vote Placed by Chicken 5 years ago
Chicken
Dovahkinn117Alexander_The_GreatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con successfully proved through Pro's point of Zombies only winning in sheer numbers that the zombies would definitely win due to the outbreak of the virus, and it was a clear 178-22 victory for con, also sources to con easily
Vote Placed by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
Dovahkinn117Alexander_The_GreatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's claim that the debate assumed the spartans belonged to the 22% is unsupported as no mention of this was made until after Con forwarded a damaging argument. Regardless of Pro's intention, nothing of the sort was ever stated outright or even implied, therefore there's no reason to accept it. Therefore, Con's point about the unorthodox fighting style of zombies in conjunction with the close quarter combat style (which allows for more easy transmission upon initial infection) go unrefuted.