wheatises2153
Randomdebates

10th doctor is better than the 11th Doctor

Started: 4/1/2015 Category: TV

wheatises2153

Pro

I believe the tenth doctor is best simply because he seems more attached and open with his companions allowing us to learn more about the time lords themselves as well as his own history
Randomdebates

Con

The tenth doctor is not the best doctor in Doctor Who, a British Television series about a creature called a time lord. I would like to point out that people are entitled to their own opinions, so any argument you make is not valid. Besides, each doctor has their good and bad points. The tenth doctor reacts in some very hasty ways sometimes, and his childish charm may not be a good thing.
wheatises2153

Pro

then explain to me which one is
Randomdebates

Con

Randomdebates forfeited this round.
wheatises2153

Pro

wheatises2153 forfeited this round.
Randomdebates

Con

Randomdebates forfeited this round.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Did John Hurt protect and save?
Posted by bman7720 1 year ago
bman7720
Philocat, actually in the mini-episode "The Night of the Doctor" it was revealed that Time Lords choose their titles as a promise to their duties. The Doctor chose his title as a promise to protect and save.
Posted by Episteme 1 year ago
Episteme
Okay, so I'm assuming this is between David Tennant and Matt Smith? I'd happily accept if this was cleared up a bit!
Posted by Philocat 1 year ago
Philocat
It's based on the War Doctor's first words: 'Doctor no more'. We don't know how time lords get their titles, but I suppose it would be something more significant than what one decides to call themselves (which would rule out Morrissey). Yet it is possible that it is easier to give up one's title as John Hurt did.

The character who introduced Capaldi's doctor was Androgar, one of the time lord generals. He just said there were thirteen of them, yet he wasn't to know which actually were called the doctor.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
@Philocat,
That could be a whole argument over how to define an incarnation. If canon to you is defined by what people call themselves, do you define David Morrissey as The Doctor due to what he called himself? I prefer to define it by regenerations (or lives lived) of our favorite Gallifreyan.

I admit I only began caring about the numbering, when Hot Topic started calling Peter Capaldi 12, when he was clearly introduced as 13.
Posted by Courtnic2 1 year ago
Courtnic2
I agree!!!!!!
Posted by Philocat 1 year ago
Philocat
Canonically, the war doctor does not count as an incarnation of the doctor, as he renounced his title for that generation.
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
Yea Ragnar. Lets argue about the total number of doctors :).
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Definitions are key, if Doctor Who than actor names; as the technical order of them is confusing due to The War Doctor.