13 year olds should be able to have sex

IMPORTANT: I am arguing for the age of sexual consent to be lowered to 13. Of course, laws and ages of consent differ from country to country so to compensate for this, I will be arguing that consensual sex from age 13 should be an inherent, human right.

FIRST ROUND: Acceptance

SECOND ROUND: Arguments, rebuttals

THIRD ROUND: Final arguments, final rebuttals

I agree, you want to rape 13 year old kids. Bring it on, goat boy.

Firstly, I must point out that the ad hominem response from my contender seems to me to reflect his intelligence, and ability to take such an important issue seriously. I myself am not 13 years old, but I am still in favor of a 2 year age gap restriction, that is; a 13 year old can have sex with 15 year old, but not a 16 year old. A 14 year old can have sex with a 16 year old but not a 17 year old etc.

Next, onto why I think the age of consent should be lowered to 13. Most social studies show that teens of our current, modern society are maturing rapidly faster than in comparison to the 20th century. Secondly, biologically, teenagers are fully physically and anatomically capable of participating in the act of sexual intercourse. By the age of 13, puberty has usually taken place and thus, this is natures way of telling us when human beings should be having sex.

Challenge to my contender: Under what grounds should the age of consent be higher than 13? What are the objective arguments to support this?

Sorry, but I most likely agree with most of your last argument, however age as a boundary to anything is in reality just a lawyers dream when it comes to prosecution. This is far too tough a topic for me to argue, I concede.

proanimator forfeited this round.

So be it then, eh?
Posted by Max.Wallace 8 months ago
Sexual legislation? Not my cup of tea.
Posted by EverlastingMoment 9 months ago
Honestly, there's just too many things wrong with this topic. You may argue from a legal perspective, but we still have to have some sense of moral dignity, jesus. >.>
Posted by Poler222 9 months ago
Under no circumstances should 13 year old ever be able to have legal consensual sex no matter if there is a 2 year lee way gap they may be physically ready but under no means are they mentally financially or even close to ready to take on the responsibilities of a potential child.
Posted by proanimator 9 months ago
@bballcrook21, this is mostly an expiremental debate. When I was 13, I wanted to have consensual sex, but in my country, the laws didn't allow it.
Posted by bballcrook21 9 months ago
If you're 24 and arguing for this, you're either a pedophile, you really care about some kids want for sex, or you are lying about your age and are 13.