FuriousNiceGuy22
frozen_eclipse

1st debate:Police in poor communities do more overseeing and suppressing then protecting and serving

FuriousNiceGuy22

Pro

I've lived in or been around poor communities in NJ, PA, NY and CA. I rarely see police doing anything that makes a community better. I do see and have been a victim of, obnoxious police who treat every civilian like criminals. Police do more to denigrate and suppress it's community, through blatant and obnoxious actions, where the police treat every citizen as a criminal than strengthening and building relationships. Thus, destroying any feelings of good will towards police. Which in turn, means the police do more suppressing than protecting.
frozen_eclipse

Con

Definitions.( i will list them as my opponent compares them.)
Supress-to forcibly put an end to.
Serving-to perform duties and give oneself for others.

Overseeing-to supervise.
Protect-Attempt to prevent from harm or injury.

Google.com

Structure

Round 1-opening case( no refutation)
Round 2-reffutation
Round 3-summary/refutations, no new arguments

I base my posistion on the fact that pro cannot prove that the police force does any one of these four defined words over the other in direct objectionable data in direct result of One police district being more poor than another area. This claim pro makes is nothing more than a subjective opinion and pro cannot prove this resolution to be fact.
According to..." http://education-portal.com... main duties are to protect and to serve their community etc.. with that being said I shall also say that in serving means you must supress as needed. While a officer protects he must at times oversee. So as we see these four words share a relationship that is nessesary for a police officer. So as we see an officer cannot protect without sometimes overseeing and he also cannot serve without at times suppressing. So we cannot say there doing more than the other simply because of being in a poor neighboorhood. In order for pro to prove his point he must show policemen In poor communities does one relative action more than the word attatched to it in direct result of a neihborhoods economic status. He must also prove that an officer can serve majoritively more than suppress. He must also show that when an officer oversees in these Poor neighborhoods majoritively more than he can protect, he m must also show that a policmen can do one of these actions and not have a symbionic relationship with other word being compared with it. Pro cannotmprove this thus we must reject this resolution and vote con.
FuriousNiceGuy22

Pro

FuriousNiceGuy22 forfeited this round.
frozen_eclipse

Con

Seeing as my opponent forfeited, my points remain unreffuted and I still support the voters to vote in cons favor.
FuriousNiceGuy22

Pro

FuriousNiceGuy22 forfeited this round.