hapax
Kazerian2001

2 Timothy 3:15-17 Proves Sola Scriptura.

hapax

hapax

Con

This is not the Opening round, this is simply initiation.
The person taking the affirmative must meet/do the following:

1) Actually be affirming Sola Scriptura.
2) Provide arguments in his/her opening statement (Round 2) showing how 2 Tim 3:15-17 actually proves Sola Scriptura.

The debate will follow this format:

Round 1 Initiation - no arguing, no opening statements or rebuttals.
Round 2 Opening statement. "Con" can rebut the opening statement.
Round 3 Rebuttals
Round 4 Rebuttals of Rebuttals
Round 5 Conclusion

The passage in focus taken from the KJV:

2 Timothy 3:15-17

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Kazerian2001

Pro

See I'm Atheist. I don't even like Christianity. It's a rip off of the Ancient Greek religion, and the Greeks Ripped of the Egyptians religion. So Christianity is nothing but a rip off of Egyptian religion. Then "Jesus Christ" is just bullcrap. His name wasn't jesus, it was Yashua. He spoke Hebrew not Latin. Then Jesus Bullcrap Christ is a Religious Copyright of Horus.
So Christianity is bull crap.
hapax

Con

what is your evidence?
Kazerian2001

Pro

Kazerian2001 forfeited this round.
Kazerian2001

Pro

I do have evidence. Number one, look at Jesus compared to Horus and Hercules, it's the same story.
And God's not real. He's a frag,eng of man's imagination. Plus the first humans didn't worship god. It took Humans6 millions years to worship god. Plus ehy don't Primates worship god. Chimps and Humans intelligence level is very close. Why don't chimps worship God!! Plus there's not one God. There are ATLEAST thousands. I'm atheist and proud. ATLEAST I don't prove to the world that I have an Imaginary friend after age 5.
hapax

Con

=====
First of all I must note that my opponent is way off topic. The topic is regarding wether 2 Timothy 3:15-17 proves sola scriptura or not. Not only did he enter this debate with out a regard or respect for the topic, but he then starts his own topic and proceeds to make ASSERTIONS without actually providing any evidence. Although he did say he does have it. I still haven't seen any. What he calls evidence simply begins with an implication, i.e., that the details of Jesus are actually take from Horus and Hercules. The burden of proof is on my opponent to demonstrate his assertion. Not on me to disprove it.

Since Jesus was prophesied about in the OT scripture, it could very well be that Horus and Hercules are stories that were stolen from the OT scriptures and then adapted to someone's own religion. Either way my opponent has

======
Plus ehy don't Primates worship god. Chimps and Humans intelligence level is very close.
======
I really wonder when was the last time that my opponent talked to a monkey to ask him what he thought about God?

=====
Plus there's not one God. There are ATLEAST thousands.
=====
Sure, there are at least thousands being claimed. It is possible that they read the bible, decided they didn't like the God revealed there and so decided to make their own. I simply don't know what my opponents arguments are supposed to prove?

=====
I'm atheist and proud. ATLEAST I don't prove to the world that I have an Imaginary friend after age 5.
=====
My opponent, like many atheists, seems to spend a lot of time trying to prove that he doesn't have an imaginary friend. Why is that?
Kazerian2001

Pro

Kazerian2001 forfeited this round.
hapax

Con

... Later
Kazerian2001

Pro

Kazerian2001 forfeited this round.
Posted by hapax 3 years ago
hapax
This atheist fellow isn't even on topic. Unfortunately I am not able to delete this debate or remove him from it.
Posted by TrueScotsman 3 years ago
TrueScotsman
Have to say, this is one of the lamest arguments I have seen on this website.

1. You did not demonstrate in any way that Christianity is a rip off of Greek Pagan religions, nor show the relationship between Greek Paganism and Egyptian religions (which one).
2. Jesus is the anglicized form of the Greek name Iesou, which is the language the NT is written in. That is where the Latin and English name came from.
3. It's Yeshua or some have argued it being Yahshua, but this the Hebrew form of that same name.
4. Jesus primarily spoke Aramiac.

Please Mr. Athiest... if you want to criticize religion feel free to do so, but at least get your facts straight.
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
hapaxKazerian2001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit and taking a debate you plan to take out of context.