nathan14
mackoman_93

21st century indian women positive or negative change

mackoman_93

nathan14

Con

i think that there has been a negative change, in the sense that no matter how much they are educated, they are never free from traditions. The modern day Indian woman is strong and bold, courageous enough to stand up for her rights, but what has it changed? Nothing at all. They are still the ones that we hold responsible for looking after the house, cooking, and most of the household chores.
Most men have accepted the fact that the modern woman has come up to their level. Yet in this patriarchal society of India, if ever some man has an extra-marital affair it is the woman who is blamed. so now what happened to the big change that occurred in the past decade?
mackoman_93

Pro

My opponent says, "No matter how much they are educated, they are never free from traditions." However, I submit to you the question of, is this in fact a NEGATIVE thing? The answer is, absolutely not. The claims I use to support this assertion are two fold. But first, since my opponent has offered no clarification for the round I offer the following definitions and observations:

Indian- the term used to refer to a Native American

observation: this resolution pertains to the overall way of life of 21st century native American women

FIRST, my opponents claims are stereo typing ALL Indian women. While the stereo types may hold true in some cases it is important to remember that they are certainly not true in EVERY case. There are Indian women that are, as a result of their education, quite well off. This argument is critical to the debate, as my opponents entire premise is based on this negative over generalization that cannot possibly be proven to be true. Moving on...

SECOND, tradition is not negative. Just the opposite in fact. When one considers the Indian way of life 300 years ago in contrast to today, their culture and traditions are in fact dying. We cannot say that these traditions, disappearing thought they may be are a negative thing. On the contrary, traditions are a living window into the past and should consequently ought be preserved. This argument is also critical because the negative suggests that these traditions are the reason that the 21st century Indian women is a negative change.

I affirm with the fully supported assertion that these traditions are neither negative, or gaining prevalence; on the contrary, they are just the opposite in every way. Thus I urge the voters in today's debate to affirm.
nathan14

Con

nathan14 forfeited this round.
mackoman_93

Pro

My opponent has offered no response to my arguments. My framework for the debate, as well as all of my claims still stand.

No reason to vote in negation of the resolution has been offered.

Vote PRO
nathan14

Con

nathan14 forfeited this round.
mackoman_93

Pro

My arguments still stand the negative should win this debate unless nathan14 can make an amazing comeback within the last round.
nathan14

Con

nathan14 forfeited this round.
mackoman_93

Pro

My opponent has again forfeited. Vote PRO there is no reason to vote CON.

Thank you
Posted by mackoman_93 7 years ago
mackoman_93
You ought to specify what kind of "indian" you are talking about. Either way India has the fastest growing economy in the world so I'm still not going to say that they are undergoing negative changes.
I wasn't sure what kind of Indian you were talking about until I looked at you profile. oops :P
Posted by nathan14 7 years ago
nathan14
look i'm not against annyone, its just a deb8 topic
Posted by Puck 7 years ago
Puck
Well if their status hasn't changed it can't very well be a negative shift now can it?
Posted by Scott_Mann 7 years ago
Scott_Mann
Please use valid resolutions next time? It's very confusing when they're phrased this way.
Posted by Republican95 7 years ago
Republican95
Are you talking about Dot or Feather Indians?

I think Dot but I'm not sure.
Posted by True2GaGa 7 years ago
True2GaGa
xD
Read my mind?
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
So basically Indian Women suck?
Vote Placed by mackoman_93 7 years ago
mackoman_93
nathan14mackoman_93Tied