vi_spex
gomergcc

3 divided by 0 is 3

gomergcc

vi_spex

Pro

3 divided by 0 is 3 because the equation doesn't go through, so you still have 3 and nothing happend, and it can not be explained through and equation so 3/0(3) or just 3
gomergcc

Con

That is not 3/0=0 That is 3-(nothing or 0)=3

0+0+0=0 or 3/0=0
vi_spex

Pro

its impossible to add nothing to something

it can not be an equation, only an explanation, it just means 3
gomergcc

Con

No its a place holder. Not normally used as a single equation. Only small children do just 3+0=0 grown ups use equations like:

Rent paid:

Jan $395
Feb $0
March $600

or $395+0+$600. Yes this could be done with out the zero but you need the zero when doing rent for 30,000 tenants over the last 20 year or 7,200,000 rent payments. No one can remember the no payments when there is that many numbers to add.
vi_spex

Pro

the value of money is mental, thanks for proving my point
gomergcc

Con

Not just money. Its also how your brain and computer work. Both are in binary so:

1010101010110001

is 2+0+0+0+0+32+64+0+256+0+1024+0+4096+0+16384+0+65536

"3 sodas cant be shared by 0 people, so you have 3 sodas"
You not setting up your equation correctly, because your not writing it correctly. Its 3 sodas shared with 0 people, so 0 people have sodas.

(Sodas)/(Times shared)=(people I have GIVEN sodas to)
Not
(sodas)/(Times shared)=(Sodas)
or
(Sodas)/(Times shared)=(HOW MANY SODAS I HAD)
vi_spex

Pro

0 people are imaginary
gomergcc

Con

That not really a rebuttal. Just a waste of both of our turns.
vi_spex

Pro

an imaginary man cant drink a real soda, destruction is impossible in reality, therefore it can never be a true answer
gomergcc

Con

Your right and that is why the answer is 0.

You have given 0 sodas, to 0 people, 0 times, or 3*0=0. Three non actions have had no effect on anything because they never happened.

The answer only becomes 3 because you are doing this:

I have three sodas. I cant give anyone a soda. No one is there. No matter how many times you tell me to.

This is 4 variables:

I have three sodas: That is 3 for the amount of sodas you have.

I cant give anyone a soda: 0 because you have not done any actions because it is not possible to give something tosome one that is not there

No one is there: 0 for the amount of people that are there

No matter how many times you tell me to: 0 for the amount of times you can complete this loop of events and successfully give someone a soda.

This is why your agrument is wrong:

You have expressed this as 3*0=3 in this debate. This only 3 out of the 4 variables. Your missing a number.

In some other debates, on this site, you have used 3*0(3). This is every close to the right answer. () is the same as * in math. So that equation is 3*0*3 that answere is also 0.

The correct way of stating the formual is like this:

You simply add all 4 variables. 3+0+0+0=3

In math we simplify, or try to write the equalition using less characters.

I have 3 and 0,0,0. I can use less characters by expressing that I have 3 zeros.

In math * means the word of. So I have 3 of the zeros.

In math there is no symbol for the word the. I left with a bit of bad grammor with 3 of zero.

We still have 3+ from the beginning of the equation.

So now its 3+3 of zero.

In math we use () to seperate our bad grammer sentaces from the rest of the equation.

That gives us 3+(3 of 0) or 3+(3*0)=3

Your logical agrument word problem is 3+(3*0)=3. This still means 3*0=0
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
or negative infinity is the opposite of infinity possibly

but infinity can never end, then its not infinite
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
infinity is no end, so a finite number is the opposite, and the equation is false

infinity can never be destruction
Posted by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
Any number or equations in math using infinity may prove to be a finite number when we have more powerful computing ability. We just really don't know. Some equations in physics make better sense if infinity in the equation is really a finite number. For example equations in black holes reach infinity does not equal infinity. Making us unable to know what is going on at the center of a black hole. Something that seems unlimited, endless, and without bound may or may not be. We only know for sure that something may go on for 999 with 3,003 zeros after. Anything larger we most admit are assumptions that they are infinite , even if they are sound logical assumptions. Every assumption might end up being wrong no matter how sound ones logic is.
Posted by AsianGenius 2 years ago
AsianGenius
I take that back lol my bad
Posted by AsianGenius 2 years ago
AsianGenius
"The limit from the left is negative infinity," Kaynex 1/x or 3/x never approaches negative infinity. Only the derivative of them approaches negative infinity.
Posted by Kaynex 2 years ago
Kaynex
"Infinity in math does not really mean infinity. Infinity is used when a number is higher than 999 Millinillion. A Millinillion has 3,003 zeros after it. It not Infinity but it seem as it might as well be infinity because the number is larger that we can currently calculate."

Infinity exists in math, and is not a number. It really means infinity.
For example, the limit as 1/x approaches 0 from the right, we get infinity.
The area under e^x" from -infinity to +infinity is sqrt(pi).
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
the second before infinity is now, as by with my physical body, infinity is impossible to reach
Posted by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
Infinity in math does not really mean infinity. Infinity is used when a number is higher than 999 Millinillion. A Millinillion has 3,003 zeros after it. It not Infinity but it seem as it might as well be infinity because the number is larger that we can currently calculate.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
there can be no negative infinity, creation is infinite, and matter is eternal, no beginning and no end

infinity=beginning without end
eternal=no beginning and no end

eternal is like a round grey rock that flow in endless space, on a beginning less and endless path as a camera follow and film the rock as they flow, where as the camera is filming the rock forever, and looking at the recording would just be seeing a rock flowing, perhaps turning gently at times, just 1 second looping now
Posted by Kaynex 2 years ago
Kaynex
"It is infinity but more commonly known as undefined."
It is never infinity. The limit from the left is negative infinity, the limit from the right is positive infinity. The limit does not exist and thus X00; infinity

Vi_spex you're wasting everyone's time.
Vote Placed by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
vi_spexgomergccTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro tried to make a mathematical equation into a literal sense. Which would be inaccurate in this case, because Pro stated the Premise was a mathematical equation. 3 divided by 0 is 3 (3/0=3) Mathematically, this equation is "undefined" as you cannot divide by zero.