lord_megatron
kellogs

3d (pro) vs 2d(con)

Started: 5/9/2016 Category: Movies

lord_megatron

Con

3d is not as good as many people think. It has barely a zoom-in effect that can be achieved by sitting in the front row. I have watched many 3d movies, and I prefer 2d as they are less costly and I don't have to wear those pathetic glasses.
kellogs

Pro

3D is as good as people think. In my opinion it's better. It literally adds another dimension to your experience. 3D movies have done a lot of good for games and movies alike. It can completely change your experience from a good one to a great one. And best of all, kids love it more than anything in the world. Your point about the front row. The front row is the worst place to watch a movie no matter whether it is 2D or 3D, they are both just as bad as each other in this sense. The cost side of things, its only about 3 dollars more where I live, and I know me and my buddies are all quick to downgrade our popcorn and drink to watch a movie in 3D instead of 2D. And as for the glasses, everyone else is wearing the exact same thing, so no one actually cares what they look like.
lord_megatron

Con

Glasses get blurred when touched and are not great to wear. I prefer to go watch without glasses than with. 3d doesn't really do anything other than give a zoom-in effect, at least in movies, which can be easily achieved by sitting a bit more closer to the screen, if not front row. 3d is just in because it is the "cool" thing, but it doesn't really have anything special and I would rather be tortured by a 1d movie than watch in 3d again. But there are no 2d or 1d tickets at the right time for the famous movies, so I gotta watch them in 3d. Too bad.
kellogs

Pro

If you dont want your glasses to get blurred with finger marks, don't touch the lenses. And it takes half a second to rub it on your shirt anyway. The glasses shouldnt really be an issue at all. Your opinion about the glasses doesn't matter anyway. Debates are about the facts. Your pety little ideas shouldn't get in the way of the argument.
I quote from your statement, "3d doesn't really do anything other than give a zoom-in effect, at least in movies, which can be easily achieved by sitting a bit more closer to the screen." This statement is completely absurb! 3D isnt about how far away the screen is from you, It's about how it gives a whole new dimension to watching a movie. It brings the animatoins and videos to life to give a 'realistic' effect.
3D is just the "cool thing," because everybody loves it and is an enjoyable enhancement to a movie. If you'd rather be tortured by a one dimensional movie, then go for it. I don't care. And there are no 1D or 2D tickets for movies because everybody has relised that 3D is simply better in nearly every way imaginable. But you simply haven't woken up to surcome to how much better they are.
Whether you like it or not, 3D is here to stay, because the big film-making businesses make big bucks, and at the same time we get a quality experience at a cinema or while playing a game. Everybody wins!
lord_megatron

Con

According to me 3d doesn't really give any realistic effect at all. You also must admit that those glasses ARE rather obsolete. Also, there are more 3d tickets as cinema owners can charge more for 3d.
Anyways, was a good debate Pro, wish you good luck.
kellogs

Pro

Once again we are here debating about facts, so frankly I am not interested in your opinion about the realism.
I do not believe the glasses are 'obsolete' and they shouldn't be an issue for anyone anyway, because everyone is in the same boat and no one really cares about what you look like.
The reason cinema owners drive up prices for a movie is demand, not because they are 3D. Obviously they raise it a little to cover costs of glasses etc but the main reason is demand, just like anything else in the world.
Thanks for the debate. Good luck:)