The Instigator
backwardseden
Pro (for)
The Contender
Iceflyer130
Con (against)

5 Bible lessons they don't teach you in Sunday School

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Debate Round Forfeited
backwardseden has forfeited round #3.
Our system has not yet updated this debate. Please check back in a few minutes for more options.
Time Remaining
00days00hours00minutes00seconds
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 1/28/2018 Category: Religion
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period
Viewed: 328 times Debate No: 107196
Debate Rounds (5)
Comments (26)
Votes (0)

 

backwardseden

Pro

aken from "Atheist Republic"
In the books of Matthew and Mark in the Bible, there is a rather strange story about Jesus having a bit of a conflict with....a fig tree. Figs are yummy and all, but this is pretty extreme. This fig tree didn't have any fruit on it - because it wasn't actually fig season yet - and Jesus was hungry. So what's a hungry god-man to do? Curse the tree so it will never bear fruit again of course! Damn tree.

  • Matthew 21:18-20 Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered. When the disciples saw this, they were amazed.
  • Mark 11:12-14 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again." And his disciples heard him say it.

Jesus was apparently a pretty cryptic guy - or the people writing down his words were - either way, there are quite a few stories like this in the Bible (and that's excluding the book of Revelation which is its own brand of crazy). But God was downright sadistic. Let's take a look at some lessons found in the Bible that most people probably didn't learn in Sunday School.

1. God has a thing with sex and genitals

> Maybe it's because he doesn't get to have it, but according to the Bible, God uses sex (and genitals) to control or punish people more than once. Using rape, incest and circumcision to teach lessons would not be allowed with humans, but apparently it's totally cool for God to do it.

God established the practice of male circumcision as proof of the people's willingness to obey him pretty early on.

  • Genesis 17:10-12 This is my agreement with you and all your descendants, which you must obey: Every male among you must be circumcised. Cut away your foreskin to show that you are prepared to follow the agreement between me and you. From now on when a baby boy is eight days old, you will circumcise him. This includes any boy born among your people or any who is your slave, who is not one of your descendants.

> David, the future king and the man chosen by God to defeat the Philistines (of David and Goliath fame), went out with his men and killed 200 Philistines and "collected" their foreskins, then used them as the payment for marrying King Saul's daughter, Michal. Now that's what I call an engagement present.

  • 1 Samuel 18:24-26 When Saul's servants told him what David had said, Saul said, "Tell David, 'The king doesn't want money for the bride. All he wants is a hundred Philistine foreskins to get even with his enemies.'" Saul planned to let the Philistines kill David. When Saul's servants told this to David, he was pleased to become the king's son-in-law. So he and his men went out and killed two hundred Philistines. David brought all their foreskins to Saul so he could be the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal for his wife.

> God commanded rape in so many places in the Bible it's hard to pick just one, but a passage in 2 Samuel is pretty bad and is a great example of God using rape and child murder as a punishment.

  • 2 Samuel 12:11-14 "This is what the Lord says: 'I am bringing trouble to you from your own family. While you watch, I will take your wives from you and give them to someone who is very close to you. He will have sexual relations with your wives, and everyone will know it. You had sexual relations with Bathsheba in secret, but I will do this so all the people of Israel can see it.'" Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered, "The Lord has taken away your sin. You will not die. But what you did caused the Lord's enemies to lose all respect for him. For this reason the son who was born to you will die."

> God even commanded a raped woman to marry her attacker.

  • Deuteronomy 22:28-29 If a man meets a virgin who is not engaged to be married and forces her to have sexual relations with him and people find out about it, the man must pay the girl's father about one and one-fourth pounds of silver. He must also marry the girl, because he has dishonored her, and he may never divorce her for as long as he lives.

2. ...and on that note, it's pretty clear that God really hates women... A LOT

> Aside from all the raping, even a quick reading of the Bible reveals that God hates women. This can be easily explained using cultural context and by looking at who actually wrote the Bible and when - but it seems if God is perfect, he would teach people not to be sexist a-holes. But in both the New and Old Testaments, the Bible teaches us otherwise. In 1 Corinthians 14 and 1 Timothy 2, women are told not to talk and Titus is practically a how-to manual on being a good, quiet and submissive Christian woman. In fact, most of the epistles are totally sexist.

  • 1 Corinthians 14:34-36 women should keep quiet in the church meetings. They are not allowed to speak, but they must yield to this rule as the law says. If they want to learn something, they should ask their own husbands at home. It is shameful for a woman to speak in the church meeting. Did God's teaching come from you? Or are you the only ones to whom it has come?
  • 1 Timothy 2:9-12 Also, women should wear proper clothes that show respect and self-control, not using braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes. Instead, they should do good deeds, which is right for women who say they worship God. Let a woman learn by listening quietly and being ready to cooperate in everything. But I do not allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to listen quietly,

3. He also doesn't seem too fond of the unborn, infants and children

> Not only does the Bible tell of infanticide, abortion and child murder, it actually tells us God, or his representatives at his behest, commanded it. Not cool God, not cool at all.

The prophet Hosea spoke of pregnant women being ripped open and children being torn to pieces because the nation of Israel had "fought against God."

  • Hosea 13:16 The nation of Israel will be ruined, because it fought against God. The people of Israel will die in war; their children will be torn to pieces, and their pregnant women will be ripped open."

> And Jeremiah told of a time when God would destroy the city and make people so hungry that they would eat their kids.

  • Jeremiah 19:9 An enemy army will surround the city and will not let anyone go out to get food. I will make the people so hungry that they will eat the bodies of their own sons and daughters, and then they will begin to eat each other.'

As an interesting side note, the historian Flavius Josephus told of Jews starving in Jerusalem during the Roman siege of 70 CE who actually did eat their own children.

...and perhaps one of the most disturbing is Psalm (a song of celebration) 137 in which the psalmist is proclaiming retribution by smashing babies against rocks. Very uplifting.

  • Psalm 137:8-9 People of Babylon, you will be destroyed. The people who pay you back for what you did to us will be happy. They will grab your babies and throw them against the rocks.

4. When God likes you, you can get away with ANYTHING

> King David, Cain, all the prophets, all the apostles, Noah, Adam, King Saul...they all committed atrocious acts of violence, greed, sexism, racism, etc. You name it, at least one of them did it, often multiple times. And yet the Bible tells us God blessed them with money and/or power and the apostles were the ones who essentially established the Christian religion...hmmm...

5. When God doesn't like you, you're probably dead, and your death will probably be creative

> Lot's wife turned into a salty version of her former self just because she looked back on her hometown from which she was fleeing because...well...because God was pissed off and was destroying it with burning sulfur.

  • Genesis 19:26 At that point Lot's wife looked back. When she did, she became a pillar of salt.

> People got swallowed up by giant cracks in the earth.

  • Numbers 16:32 The earth opened and swallowed them and all their families. All Korah's men and everything they owned went down.

> 42 Kids got mauled by two mother bears because they mocked the baldness of one of the prophets (no joke).

  • 2 Kings 2:23-24 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. On the way some boys came out of the city and made fun of him. They said to him, "Go up too, you baldhead! Go up too, you baldhead!" Elisha turned around, looked at them, and put a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two mother bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys to pieces.

...and a bonus: Mark 14 tells of a disciple at the time of Jesus' arrest who was only wearing a towel which was grabbed off him and he ran away naked. Yep. Naked. Who was he? No one knows...in the Bible is a naked mystery man.

  • Mark 14:51-52 A young man, wearing only a linen cloth, was following Jesus, and the people also grabbed him. But the cloth he was wearing came off, and he ran away naked.

Where do Christians get the image of a loving, just God who wants to bless and heal people and give them peace on earth and good will toward men? It definitely isn't from a simple reading of the Bible. Even though the Bible continues to be a very highly sold book, it's probably safe to say that most people, even Christians, haven't read everything that's in it. This alone makes it easy for Christian leaders now and throughout history, to tell people pretty much anything about God and get them to believe it. And of course a benevolent god is a being more appealing on which to establish a religion.

The Bible contains many inconvenient stories, passages and lessons. This inconvenience is even a reason apologists will give for its validity.

The argument goes something like this, "If people wanted to invent a god and a holy book, wouldn't it make sense to make it beautiful and perfect? Its imperfection and difficult passages are evidence that it's real." Apologetics aside, today in the developed world, most of the more disturbing or unbelievable scriptures in the Bible are explained away as "metaphor" or "culturally unique". But the truth is that there are some really messed up lessons in the Bible that aren't limited to a handful of goofy verses and the most sadistic behavior is modeled by God himself.

What are your favorite Bible verses or your craziest, most horrific, or ridiculous SundaySchool stories? We want to hear them! Reply to this email to tell us. We might share it on the website. Please let us know if you wish to remain anonymous.


Rules:
Prove that there are redeeming qualities within this so-called god of the bible such as love care and kindness.

Conclusion
I hope that you find this love, care and kindness in this god, somehow, and for whatever reason(s), because then that would be HUGE SUPER MAJOR HYPOCRITICAL CONTRADICTIONS and INCONSISTENCIES in this unproved god, the bible, thus proving the god of the bible, the bible itself to be CONFUSION at best and truly UNREADABLE and should thus be shelved.







dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.

Iceflyer130

Con

To respond to your saying of Jesus being cryptic and such about the fig tree, he does that to prove two points. One, when you have faith in God there is nothing you cannot do if you do it for him. Two, The fig tree represents a person who claims that they are Christian. A fig tree that produces is a Christian who is truthful to their claim and that it shows in their life. The tree that produces nothing is a false Christian who will suffer the fate of all other non-believers.

God did what he did in 2 Samuel because of the sin of David. Did you forget that Bathsheba was the wife of Uriah the Hittite whom David marched off to his death so David could take Bathsheba as his own. God did this because of the horrific sin that was David's. This idea that his son dies. War takes David's direct sons but you forget that David is the ancestor of Jesus. God was telling David that he was sending his own son to come from descendants of David to die on a cross for the sin of David.

What happens in Deuteronomy is actually the moral and right choice of the attacker. God did not command the victim to marry the attacker, he commanded the attacker to marry his victim. The attacker has to pay the father and can never divorce the woman who was attacked. That fact is completely contradictory to the time in which women could be divorced if they burnt the toast that morning.

You must also realize that the Bible is both a book of prophecy, wisdom, and history. The history is the fact that what is said in both Corinthians and Timothy is the fact that those exact standards for women barely changed since that time. Not just in the middle east, but all over the world. This was not a true decree of God, but a reciting of social propriety.

Again in Hosea, Hosea said that because of Israel's sin they will be invaded and conquered and their conquerors will do such things because of the fact that the Israelite's were given a standard of living which they were told not to deviate from. Their sin brought their destruction. God does not condone murder. Death is a part of the sin cursed life that all humans lead, as set forth in Genesis. This exact same principle is what applies in Jeremiah. Israel falls whenever it strays from Gods path.

King David was cursed in, guess what, 2 Samuel 12:11-14. Cain struck down his brother in cold blood and was cursed by God so that the ground would never truly yield to him. God knew that Cain would be killed. God then placed a mark so that Cain would not be killed. The prophets served God, and God never held the sins of their past lives against them.

Noah was a righteous man who lived by God's will. He listened to God and lived. Noah never did any of that which you claim.

Adam, he did exactly that which God told him not to. Adam died as was his punishment. Saul's kingdom withered due to his pride and greed. Saul killed himself in battle.

Lot's wife did what Adam did. She looked back, God told her not to look back as Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed. Guess what? She died.

Korah's family literally rose up and tried to usurp God's authority. Not on grounds of moral objection, but greed. They died for that.

The kids in 2 Kings told Elisha to leave because they did not wish to hear God. They would not accept God at all, so God gave them what they asked. Death and then Hell.

The Bible is a very special book. You must read multiple sections to get the entire picture. You say Christians have not read the Bible, but the fact that they have is why they are Christians. They see the entire picture, God's reasoning and his plan. You must know how God operates. His standard does not change and when we try to do that we lose. He never wanted the Human race to fall to sin, but that was the choice that Adam made because God gave Adam free will.

Here is why God is one who loves. He loved the human race so much that he sent his own son to die so that we might go to heaven and live with God for eternity. Jesus bears eternal scars of our sin while we will receive new, flawless bodies. Is God really hateful and oppressive if he would send his son to be eternal scarred in a brutal fashion just so humans could be with him for eternity. That is the love of God.
Debate Round No. 1
backwardseden

Pro

Completely false.
"One, when you have faith in God"" woah there sparky you are getting way way way ahead of yourself because that is sparking god"s severe bloated ego complex. And no true god would ever have an ego like that in the first place. First of all christ - a false prophet who not only broke the laws of god thus proving him to be false, but was never appointed by god in his bible, not ever to be the messiah, not anywhere and christ himself cannot appoint himself to be the messiah, and the fig tree example also points out to be christ"s imperfection, so once again he"s also a false prophet and naturally that passed over your head which is so typical of the yodeling Buddhist monk christian to completely avoid evidence especially when slapped in the face with it, so once again, this christ character is a false prophet, and not only that there"s not a 100% certainty that this storybook christ character even existed, and not only that there"s a 100% certainty that your god does not exist until you can test and demonstrate that he does.

Now here"s some quotes on faith and please pay close attention to them because there"s absolutely no possible way that you can circle around them nor tap dance upon them, nor refute them"
"Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn"t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can"t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your"re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?" Matt Dillahunty

"Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence." Matt Dillahunty

"Faith can be very very dangerous, and deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong." Richard Dawkins

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is the belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." Richard Dawkins

"Cain struck down his brother in cold blood and was cursed by God" Well that proves what a sweaty piece of rear end wipe your god is now doesn"t it? That"s a very big duh in one of that all time sickest verses, and or block of print ever produced. And the thing is, there"s no need, requirement nor necessity for it now is there especially when your god could have started off with peace, love, kindness, care, harmony etc and KEPT it throughout time. Nah. This god of YOURS believes in evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy as he"s freely admitted to in YOUR bible. Wow. What a great god. Right?

Then you are stupid enough to mention sin" Sin is contradictory in your bible. Thus sin does not exist.
Does every man sin? Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810) No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.. (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (I John 1:8)

Matt Dillahunty "What is sin and why should I care about it? I understand why I should live an ethical life and treating people in certain ways, we have secular foundations for moral systems. But sin from the christian perspective is a crime against god or god"s nature itself - right? If god makes the rules and you violate it, that"s a sin. Well what if god makes a rule that you should kill your child, does that make it good? Caller " Yeah that"s where I do things that are not aligned in what the bible says." Matt "Yeah. But are they good things? Do you have good reasons to have that the things you are doing are not immoral? Like do you have an example? Like don"t confess to a crime or anything. For example the bible is opposed to homosexuality. Do you think there"s something immoral about those who are homosexuals?" Caller "Uh there"s none that I can think of." Matt "Yeah me neither. And so if the bible"s opposed to it add the bible is the word of god, and the Koran is opposed to it as well and the Koran is supposed to be the word of god as well, and there are two holy books and let them argue over who god is and what god thinks and until they can come up with a sound secular justification for homosexualiy being immoral then I don"t need to pay their views any money because its just an opinion at that point."
There"s a lot more on sin.

"What happens in Deuteronomy is actually the moral and right choice of the attacker." You are a true christian. You don"t care about women, nor rape. There is no right choice of the rapist. He is ALWAYS WRONG No exceptions. None. "You never lay your hands upon a woman in anger. Not ever." And Dr. Phil who is a self proclaimed christian, even though he"s not because there is no such thing, says that all the time. And he"s right. Rape is ALWAYS anger. No exceptions. None. But you the typical christian who is completely immoral, just like your god MUST invent excuses to make his god shine brighter than those bullet holes on his a$$. I really getting sick of your diseased and warped liced mind because it is ONLY a very small percentage of christians on this planet that thinks the way you do and ab-so-lu-te-ly no-one-else. No-one. If you were in court and you were to present your stupid idiotic excuses, you"d be defeated every-single-time without question and the jurors would lock you up and throw away the key for your lifetime every-single-time with no questions asked.

"You must also realize that the Bible is both a book of prophecy, wisdom, and history." Well no its not.
"Stop making excuses for your holy book. It is an abomination. It encourages abomination. And the more you sacrifice your humanity and morality to make excuses like "well god really wanted people to love each other but they just wouldn"t so they just wanted to nudge them in the right direction by saying you can own people but don"t beat them too damn much." Its still a weaka$$ immoral god. And YOU are better than that. Stop making excuses for the immorality. Take responsibility for your life and realize that if a GOD tells you that you can own somebody, that GOD is a piece of s--t." Matt Dillahunty

"The simple solution is to chuck the bible out because we don"t need it for anything, even if there are things in it which there undoubtedly are, even if there are things that are good which there undoubtedly are" they"re not good because they"re in the bible, they"re not good because they come from a god, they are good because they are good, and they are something that we can discover without ever having to appeal to an old book and without having to tap dance around and sacrifice our humanity to make excuses about how we treat rape victims, and how we own people as property, and how there"s some "GRAND CONTEXT" in which all of this isn"t very bad. You have sacrificed your humanity for genuflecting to your religion. And its abominable." Matt Dillahunty

"yadda whatever... is the fact that those exact standards for women barely changed since that time." There you go inventing excuses yet gain because you are a teeny bopper and you don"t know any better because here in this country is has you complete buffoon. That"s why people, especially women are turning away from YOUR god. Thankfully. Rightly. Justly. Your god has lost 5.1% of his following since 2007. That"s a HUGE number. And atheism has doubled. Again, rightly. Thankfully. Justly. And again YOU nor anyone can prove that your god even exists.

Sin was already discussed. You lost as usual and you cannot win because you are completely bankrupt and immoral just like your god. Hosea 13:16 "and their pregnant women will be ripped open". Well that"s abortion. Your god praises abortion. So since this is true, then you must praise abortion as well. Oh and oh yeah you dimwitted snot meat sow, there are several verses in YOUR bible were YOUR god praises abortion. Oh you don"t praise abortion? So you contradict YOUR god. Yeah you are also a hypocrite. Regardless that verse is also one of the most sickening and disturbing verses of print ever recorded and is solid proof that in NO POSSIBLE WAY SHOULD YOUR BIBLE EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BE READ TO CHILDREN NOR READ BY CHILDREN. Period.

"Noah never did any of that which you claim." You cannot even prove he ever lived. And the great flood never happened at any rate. Certainly the ark as described in the bible could have never floated. The entire flood story is the biggest fatal flaw in YOUR bible. Oh and oh yeah you piece of crap, and I REALLY hate people like you because you again cannot examine evidence that is right in front of your putrid face because you are the typical christian who is afraid of evidence. Oh and oh yeah don"t you think that taking part in annihilating ALL LIFE except for himself, his family and 2 of each species (which is/ was an impossibility) was NOT in any way taking part in an atrocity of any kind you miserable lowlife? Your kind is really pathetic.
Here"s a video for you proving that YOUR god truly hates children in which is irrefutable.. And it gets into the great flood and how YOUR god killed innocent babies and children. So try harder.
- god hates children

I'm out of space.
Iceflyer130

Con

Fist of all, nice use of insults. Really colorful. I maybe should have check into you a little, because you don't argue, you hate, you slander. I never made any attack on you.

Since this is no longer a debate I will say a few things.
"Immoral" Religion of any sort, set the standards for that.
"Hateful" Read what I have written, I have been civil and honest about what I believe.
"Putrid" I have a rather high standard of hygiene, thank you very much.
"Dimwitted snot meat sow" Wow, very creative... untrue, but creative.
"Teeny Bopper" Well, I certainly am laughing.
"Abominable" I am actually held in high regard by my peers and superiors, half of which are secular to atheist.
"Inhumane" Interesting, usually that is what anti-hunting people call me.
"Diseased" I am perfectly healthy, thanks for asking.
"Warped" See previous comment.
"Liced" I may actually need to check that, thanks for reminding me.
"No right choice of the rapist" That's funny, you say he is permanently bad for his crime, no redemption, no second chance. Funny thing about God is he at least offers that.
"Stupid" I held high honor roll all through highs school. Gees, at least make the insult true.
"rear end wipe" Descriptive, but not convincing.
"Bloated ego" Hey, he can do what no human can. So I really don't think he is at fault for that one.

Now that is out of the way.
You did not create this debate to the question of whether or not God is a loving one. You created this so that a person like me would come along and try to pop your echo chamber. You will carry on not believing and I will do the opposite. This debate will be for nothing considering it does not exist at all anymore.

I will put it this way, watch God's Not Dead 2 if you want to see the quote. Atheism doesn't take away the pain, it takes away the hope.

Logically, I would rather be wrong as a Christian than as an Atheist. Because wrong as a Christian is just fading to nothing, wrong as an atheist is hell fire for eternity.

We will see who is right when we die.

By the way, you are extremely lucky that this site does not take does arguments full of Ad Hominem. You would be out in a heartbeat.

I wish you God speed ;) in your endeavors but I will not argue with a person like you.
Debate Round No. 2
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
Debate Round No. 3
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
Debate Round No. 4
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
Debate Round No. 5
26 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 1 through 10 records.
Posted by backwardseden 2 weeks ago
backwardseden
@dsjpk5 - Many many many people consider The Shawshank Redemption to be the greatest film ever made. I don't know though when I saw it, and consider me to be the lower class, especially in that film, and surely I am required to see it again simply because so many people have loved it, there's so many great films out there that I have not seen that I need and am required to see as a film buff. Be that as it may, Akira Kurosawa is my fav director of all time and many cannot dispute that if they have seen his films in which I hope you have seen some of them? If not my fav film is Ran which is a Japanese samurai film based on King Lear. It contains perhaps the most evil character ---ever--- created for film (she's #2 on my list) and he made this film when he was 75 years old and 3/4's blind and has some of the most impressive battle scenes ever created for film. Wow. You can watch one of his masterpiece films on youtube at no cost - Roshomon. But hurry! Youtube and or its contractors take films down A LOT and then they put them back on, then they take them down. Its all a who knows what ideal. And here's Mojo's ideals on what are his best films... - Akira Kurosawa top 10 films Mojo. But one film that youtube has not taken down in quite some time in which I consider to also be a masterpiece and is also one of my fav films of all time is Danton. Its about the French revolution and terrorism. Wow can you absolutely feel the sweat and tension. Its both available in its own French and Polish subtitles (at the same time in the film) https://www.youtube.com... - Danton subtitled - Danton dubbed. There's lots more to talk about. And please recommend some stuff you like.
Do you get Netflix and or Amazon Prime? Well gtg please always tc and have fun. -Michael
Posted by dsjpk5 2 weeks ago
dsjpk5
Sure, we can talk about movies. My favorite has changed over the years. Right now it's The Shawshank Redemption. I have always enjoyed stories of redemption. I especially like stories with what I call "reluctant heroes". People who didn't ask to be a hero, but respond to a disaster because someone has to.
Posted by backwardseden 2 weeks ago
backwardseden
@SuperAwesomeMusician - Miserable as usual I'm breathing. Been very sick for the past 2 1/2 weeks with a bad cough that isn't going away. My lungs are on Fire. I get to see my worthless doc on Fri. But I watched a few great films since we've last chatted and listened to a lot of truly great music that defies the odds and some of the hearing.
Posted by backwardseden 2 weeks ago
backwardseden
@dsjpk5 - So does that mean we can talk about movies? If so name a few of your favs. You've most certainly been to my page to know which are only a few of mine.
Posted by SuperAwesomeMusician 2 weeks ago
SuperAwesomeMusician
Hey backwards its been a while. How is life treating you?
Posted by backwardseden 3 weeks ago
backwardseden
@dsjpk5 - Your very first post here on this debate as well as many others that you have posted just like it proves that you ultimately stalk me and are a liar and as the ultimate insult goes you re truly as dense as a big black blank hole. And I ---never--- deal with liars. So cut the crap with your tinsel brain because I am far too good for you because you are a true a$$. And unless you give me an apology, and promise not to vote on any more of my debates, I will have NOTHING more to do with you. Who cares if you are childish and vote on other debates because it gets you off and gives you an ultimate orgasm, I don't care. Not here. And you can be the preschool child that you ultimately are with no genuine friends or loved ones and make your sad meager miserable pathetic attempts to intimidate me all you want. I will ignore you. This conversation is now over permanently.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 weeks ago
WOLF.J
I meant very judgemental, What am i like !!
Posted by WOLF.J 3 weeks ago
WOLF.J
Well here is my non judgemental unbiased opinion on yr beef.
Backwards debates with a lot of emotion, humiliating those who disagree with him. That has its own pros n cons.

On the other hand it seems like dsjk' provokes people more than he can provide actual arguments to the table ,nonetheless dsjk' is more professional and concise overall,

But Both yall acting like babies, trying to play innocent, just hug it out lads lmao
Posted by dsjpk5 3 weeks ago
dsjpk5
Wolf, I've tried to debate him many times, but he only debates noobs. Don't take my word for it, check his debates for yourself. See how new his opponents are. See me asking to debate him in the comments section.

Backwards, I'm not stalking you. I vote on all kinds of debates, not just yours. I'm fifth all time in votes on this site. I couldn't have that many votes if I only voted on one person's debates. The facts speak for themselves. As for me voting on your conduct, don't be mad at me, blame DDO. After all, I'm not the one who made conduct something we can vote for. I've done nothing wrong, so there's nothing to apologize for.
This debate has 4 more rounds before the voting begins. If you want to receive email updates for this debate, click the Add to My Favorites link at the top of the page.