Riley0322
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r

500 Word Debate

GamrDeb8rBbrH8r

Riley0322

Pro

This is a simple challenge that I thought would be fun. Basically, the first two rounds set the rules, terms and conditions, and what the subject of the debate will be. My basic rules are as following:
-Argument must be under 500 characters.
-Argument must be clean (as in not crude),
-Argument must be unrelated to politics & religon.
Good luck and happy debating! :)
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r

Con

The topic i choose is: "Debit cards are better than credit cards." (Pro)

Credit card- A card issued by a financial company giving the holder an option to borrow funds, usually at point of sale. Credit cards charge interest and are primarily used for short-term financing. (www.investopedia.com/terms/c/creditcard.asp)

Debit card- A payment card that deducts money directly from a consumer's checking account to pay for a purchase. (www.investopedia.com/terms/d/debitcard.asp)

Better- More advisable.
Riley0322

Pro

(I do not support my arguments made below, but this is for the sake of the debate.)
Credit cards are better than debit cards because the credit card allows the user to spend money more freely. As long as the user makes sure to pay back on time and not borrow too much, the credit card can easily be superior to the debit card.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r

Con

REBUTTAL:

"Credit cards are better than debit cards because the credit card allows the user to spend money more freely. As long as the user makes sure to pay back on time and not borrow too much, the credit card can easily be superior to the debit card."

Not %100 true. The interest you pay when using a credit card reduces your options to no more than the ones you have with debit because either way, you must somehow pay for the transactions.
Riley0322

Pro

I admit, you are correct. As I've previously stated, the side for which I am arguing for is not one that I agree with, thus making harder to forge a convincing argument.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r

Con

GamrDeb8rBbrH8r forfeited this round.
Riley0322

Pro

Ummm... >.< I suppose it's over now? S/He won?
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r

Con

who wants to hear a chuck norris joke?
Riley0322

Pro

Onceuponatimetherewasaninja!!! Theend!!!
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r

Con

Chuck norris simply walks into mordor
Posted by Riley0322 2 years ago
Riley0322
Simple stuff such as the idea of time travel, how the universe came to be, whether or not Doritos are good, tacos or burritos, pancakes or waffles. That's all, unless of course, you have another idea. I'd love to hear some.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
I'd be willing to do this if we can figure out a topic! Anything you had in mind?
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 2 years ago
Paleophyte
Riley0322GamrDeb8rBbrH8rTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Pro