MattDoesGML
vi_spex

6*0(6), so 6 sodas multiplied by 0 is 6, because the equation doesn't happen

MattDoesGML

MattDoesGML

Con

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! I am here to debate vi_spex on one of the hardest debates to find a conclusion to (Because the opponent did not learn math during the days he attended school): Is 6 x 0 = 6? Hopefully, this debate will be mighty funny entertaining.

I definitely wish that I am not debating a baby.

Rules

1. In this debate, there is no singing the ABC alphabet, or counting however many numbers you can count so far. It is a straight-forward debate, with nothing completely off-topic in between.

2. Minor trolling is allowed, but that's it. You do not want to make the baby cry.

Failure to follow these rules will result in an automatic loss. Actually, nevermind, I don't want to make the baby cry.

Argument(s)

Let us make a scenario. We have 6 bottle. Multiplying 6 by 2, in this scenario, is basically taking 2 sets of 6 bottles and combining them.

Multiplying 6 by 1 is basically 1 set of 6. There is nothing to combine that one set of bottles with, thus nothing happens.

Multiplying 6 by 0 is basically.. no set. You have nothing.

That is it. Please do not take this the wrong way, little baby. It is not my intent to make you cry. It is only to teach you. Sucks you had to start all the way back to pre-school. This is probably the lesson you missed that made you suck at math so badly before you re-started.

I await the baby's cute easy-to-refute arguments.
vi_spex

Pro

multiplying with 0 and 1 is a false equation, it dosnt equal, nothing happens, like adding 0 to 1 as many times you like, like imagining superman punching your teachers face as many times you like, your teacher will not be mad at you as it dosnt matter

0=nothing=information=false and truth
1=something=matter=true(now)

by multiplying 6 by 0, 6 become 0, nothing?

to simplify adding is the same, so 6 people not doing anything becomes nothing is what you are saying
MattDoesGML

Con

I thank the baby for accepting my debate. Do not worry, there are a few minor trolls in between, but I mostly plan on taking this debate seriously.

Rebuttal(s)

"multiplying with 0 and 1 is a false equation, it dosnt equal, nothing happens, like adding 0 to 1 as many times you like, like imagining superman punching your teachers face as many times you like, your teacher will not be mad at you as it dosnt matter"

Multiplication and addition are two completely different operations.

I will use the same example from the first round.

Imagine these two visually.

You add 1 bottle to 2 bottles and it will become three.

In this following equation, 6 x 2, you are taking 2 sets of 6 to put together. In this following equation, 6 x 1, you are taking one set. There are no other sets to put it together with, so that would be 6. In this following equation though, 6 x 0, you are taking.. no set? No set. You have no set, so that would be 0.

"by multiplying 6 by 0, 6 become 0, nothing?"

In multiplication, 6 does not become 0. This is how it works:

The first number, like 6 in the following equation, 6 x 2, is how many per set. The 2 is how many sets. Then put together. If you wish, reread my example.

So, no, it is not that 6 people do not do anything. It is that there is no set.

I await my opponent's arguments.

vi_spex

Pro

there is no difference to a multiplication and adding equation when you cant do them with nothing, its the same result, and any equation that ends on 0 is false

you can have 6, 1 time, you can not have 6, 0 times, that would be 0, so what you are equating is 0*0=0 which you can actually do, in your imagination, but imagination is false, an evil looking dragon+a strawberry suit=fun

you are proving there must be a false answer to an equation, and the true answer is 6
MattDoesGML

Con

Before I get to my rebuttals, I will provide a link below that will explain to you how multiplication works[1].

Rebuttal(s)

"there is no difference to a multiplication and adding equation when you cant do them with nothing, its the same result, and any equation that ends on 0 is false"

I recently found out: You are taking math too literally. Indeed, multiplication of certain things by 0 is a weird concept. But you can find the answers to those by understandng the concept of multiplication. As I stated[2]:

In the following equation:

6 x 2

The first number, 6, is how many per set. The second number, 2, is how many sets. So, basically, you are taking 2 sets of 6 and putting them together, which will make 12. If the second number was 1, you have 1 set. You do not have anything to combine it with. If it was 0, you do not have a set. that is 0.

So, back to the bottles, you would typically say, "I removed the set of sodas." But the awkward way of saying it, and it still makes sense, would be, "I multiplied this set of sodas by zero."

"you can have 6, 1 time, you can not have 6, 0 times, that would be 0, so what you are equating is 0*0=0 which you can actually do, in your imagination, but imagination is false"

You said it in a way it does not make sense; Saying 0 time is an awkward way of saying it. You should say it this way: No set. It makes sense, and is no imagination. You have no set. Nothing to combine with something, and nothing to combine with.

I await my opponent's arguments.

[1] http://www.coolmath4kids.com...
[2] My argument in round 2
vi_spex

Pro

you can not multiply with 0, your examples are insufficient as you can multiply 6 with 2

if i have 6 sodas, im not having them 0 times, i have 6 sodas is 1 time in itself

nothing is no time

what it equates to is you are saying multiply 6 sodas no times and you have 0
MattDoesGML

Con

Rebuttal(s)

"you can not multiply with 0, your examples are insufficient as you can multiply 6 with 2"

Just because you can multiply with two, does not mean you can not multiply with 0. Please elaborate that.

"if i have 6 sodas, im not having them 0 times, i have 6 sodas is 1 time in itself"

Whenever you multiply 6 sodas by 0, you do not word it as you did. You are supposed to say that you have no set. Again, refer to my example[1].

"nothing is no time"

Maybe this is what I have not made clear, but you do not word multiplication operations verbally like how the following is:

6 times 2 equals 10.

You word it like so:

2 sets of 6 put together make 12.

It does not make sense because of the way you word and because of the fact that you take math too literally. Indeed, you can not multiply 6 sodas by 0 in reality, but in mathematical terms, you can; You have no set, as the second number is a 0. Don't understand? Again, back to my example[1].

I await my opponent's arguments.

[1] My round 3 argument
vi_spex

Pro

if we divide a cake togeather, the knife is 1 time of cutting the cake(it must take at least 1 cut to cut the cake in half), so now its half, if that was no times, the cake is still full

the same with 1, if you divide a tree 1 time, you have 1 tree, because it cant happen, so its like saying, don't divide a tree, and what do you have, 1 tree

I don't understand your set thing, and it completely irrelevant..
MattDoesGML

Con

Rebuttal(s)

"if we divide a cake togeather, the knife is 1 time of cutting the cake(it must take at least 1 cut to cut the cake in half), so now its half, if that was no times, the cake is still full"

Again, you are taking math literally. In mathematical terms, 0 is a number; 0 is not nothing. So, here is how it works for division:

Let us say that we wanted to divide 6 by 2. Basically, we want to find how many chunks of 2 there are in 6. In 6, 3 chunks of 2 are needed to make 6 when put together. If we wanted to divide 6 by 1, we want to find how many chunks of 1 there are in 6, which is 6, obviously. However, if we wanted to divide 6 by 0, we want to find how many chunks of 0 there are in 6[1]. It does not even make sense.

"the same with 1, if you divide a tree 1 time, you have 1 tree, because it cant happen, so its like saying, don't divide a tree, and what do you have, 1 tree"

Again, if we divide 1 by 1, we ask ourselves: How many chunks of 1 are there in 1, which is 1; There is only 1 chunk of 1 needed to make 1. If we divide 1 by 0, we ask ourselves: How many chunks of 0 are there in 1? Again, it does not make sense.

Again, you can not overcome the fact that math does not have to be literal. This is what is holding you back from understanding that 6 x 0 = 0.

"I don't understand your set thing, and it completely irrelevant.."

Alright.

I will bisect it into such little parts that it will blow your tiny baby mind.

Multiplication is the operation where you take sets of however many and putting them together.

In the following equation:

6 x 2

The second number, which would be 2 in this case, is how many sets you are putting together. The first number, being 6 in this case, is how many there are in each set.

So, here, you are taking 2 sets of 6 and putting them together, which makes 12, right? Right. If you do not think so, you might as well forfeit.

Here is another example:

4 x 4

The second number, which would be 4 in this case, is how many sets you are putting together. The first number, being also 4 in this case, is how many there is per set. So, you are taking 4 sets of 4 and putting them together, which would be 16.

If you want more examples, refer to the second source provided below[2].

So, in this following equation:

6 x 0

The second number, which would be 0 in this case, is how many sets you are putting together. The first number, being 6 in this case, is how many there is per set. You have no set, thus making 0.

I wish you'd understand. But, I understand; you are only a baby.

Source(s)

[1] http://www.coolmath4kids.com...

[2] http://www.coolmath4kids.com...

vi_spex

Pro

you can not put 6 and 0 togeather, ever
Posted by MattDoesGML 2 years ago
MattDoesGML
Yeah, Con dominated, yet you vote for Pro.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
if you eat 6 cookies, you have 6 cookies in you, is what you remember and probably have a good after taste of, you do no at any point have 0 anything, and 0 is nothing
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
6 people become nothing then
Posted by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
If I have 6 cookies and I eat 6 cookies then I have 0 cookies. 6-6=0 and is a true statement and not a false statement. False statements in math are not ones than end in 0 but ones that use X00;.

One does some times equate to zero. This is the foundation of Quantum mechanics as expressed by the uncertainty principle.

I am going to prove that 6*0=0. Lets say I had 4 friends over. That I gave my friends some packs of cookies each have 6 cookies in them. One got 3 packs, one got 2 packs, one got 4 packs, and one didn't get any packs of cookies. If I wanted to figure out how many cookies I gave out I would have to do the following math equation: (6*3)+(6*2)+(6*4)+(6*0) . No matter how I try to do it one person still got 0 pack of 6 cookies or zero cookies.
Posted by Soul.Purge 2 years ago
Soul.Purge
No. 6*0 means that you take number 6 zero times. It equals 0. Then you take result of previous calculation (0) and multiply it by 0 (thus, take 0 zero times) and you get 0. Seriously, this is basic math. They teach this in like primary school.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
no equation can prove I am wrong or right, only an explanation, as 1 dosnt equate to 0

all equations that end on 0 is false, try that up for size
Posted by Soul.Purge 2 years ago
Soul.Purge
Math is not up for debate. There are specific laws in math. It clearly states how equations and calculations must be done. Pro, you are trying to shiit out new america, while its already there. 6*0(6) equals 0. Open some math books. They teach you this like in 5th grade.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
bring it on bird face!
Vote Placed by IAmAWalrus 2 years ago
IAmAWalrus
MattDoesGMLvi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con just simply dominated. Besides his conduct,he actually provedhow this stupid baby is wrong.