Pandas
sorar3

7.9 is a smaller number than 37,256.38

Pandas

Pandas

Pro

It surprised me that so many people go for the con of this topic. I would be interested to see some of their arguments. Good luck to my opponent in the following rounds.

Round 1: acceptance only
Pandas

Pro

I would like to thanks my opponent for accepting this challenge. I wish him luck.

First off:
It is very obvious that 7.9 is a smaller number than 37,256.38 because using basic math taught in elementary schools, 37,256.38 gets 37,248.48 after subtracting 7.9 from it. There is nothing more to it and it is merely impossible for 37,256.38 to be a smaller number than 7.9, whether it's in value, size, area, or length.
I'm looking forward to seeing his arguments.
sorar3

Con

37 is a higher number than 7.9
37,256 is a higher number than 7.9
37,256.38 is higher than 7.90

Pandas

Pro

I would like to thanks the con for supporting my claim. I wish him luck in the upcoming rounds.

sorar3

Con

hahahah

I misread the debate topic. I thought it meant that I was arguing in favor of 37, 256.38 being greaterthan 7.9.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forfeit.

Your comment in round 3 is one of the funniest things I've ever seen!
Pandas

Pro

You forfeit? You could continue supporting my claim if you want. I won't mind.
Pandas

Pro

I would like to thanks the con for giving me a nice and friendly debate. It was very enjoyable. Thanks.
sorar3

Con

no problem. Let's do this again sometime.
Posted by siddharth1 3 years ago
siddharth1
comparison of numbers alone is taught to us in elementary school, but when we grow up we came to know that comparison of numbers alone does not mean anything, the important thing is that what they are measuring so 7.9 is big if its measuring something very big and at the same time 37,256.38 is measuring something small, they cannot be compared at all if one is measuring weight while other is measuring distance. So two numbers can be greater than, smaller than, equal to, not comparable to each other depending on what they are measuring..
Just trying to give a new point because if we only compare the numerical value, 37,256.38 is definitely bigger.
Saying again, the only argument I can find in favor of con.
Posted by quezzi 3 years ago
quezzi
I dunno, everyone knows that 7 has eaten 9 in the past- given how close they are, maybe we should say whatever 7.9 wants....
Posted by Pandas 3 years ago
Pandas
I'm sorry.. I meant 1490 millimeters is taller than 1.5 meters
Posted by Pandas 3 years ago
Pandas
Saying that, it's like saying I'm taller than you because I'm 1500 millimeters tall and you're only 1.49 meters tall.
Posted by siddharth1 3 years ago
siddharth1
go for 7.9 light-years vs 37,256.38 kms (only plausible argument against the pro, take the debate away from mathematics.)
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
The panda bear is likely going to argue the size of the number, not the numerical value.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
You idiot, people were going con because they were joking....
Vote Placed by Piccini 3 years ago
Piccini
Pandassorar3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con misread the debate, Pro wins