Conversealot1
LakevilleNorthJT

70% people in science class do well and study at school or is not the case and why? is this true?

Conversealot1

Pro

When I was at school I had various teachers who taught me science. I found some were awful teachers and some were really very good. I had Mr Osbourne, I had Mr Dobbin in my last years and I had a man who had an interesting speaking voice with a brown moustache and sounded slightly australian. I remember partly why I found science difficult with one of my teachers was that he wouldn't easily accomodate the students in so far as talking louder and being able to control the class. I also found the lessons could have been taught better. The information on the board was presented in blue marker on white board without any diagrams sometimes. Terrible writing aswell.
The tutors I liked were the ones who made funny comments and did something practical that excited everyone - like the mad professor in TinTin with his mad moustache, spectacles and balding head who was short.
I was always bored that I wasn't helped enough with the writing out of the practical so far as Evaluations and Conclusions. And sometimes one wondered if certain experiments would really fetch proper reasons for write ups.
But I didn't do well as I found my dyslexia got in the way. If people don't have this problem they are bound to just need concentration and a focus and however difficult the tutor in teaching they will manage, especially with today's tools of the internet and so much more help in learning support. I was around when the internet was just coming out. So that makes me fairly old I suppose. I find that children can look at various experiments online aswell now that would not have been possible earlier and so reflect on what they missed and get a reminder perhaps if bright enough to the days practical in lesson. I do believe it is a question of focus.
I wonder what tricks people have used to keep themselves focused and passing science examinations. It is interesting for the purposes of the argument I have placed. Anyone can reply....
LakevilleNorthJT

Con

My opponent does not clarify the resolution thus I will do so. To win, my opponent must prove that exactly 70.0000% of students participating in a science related class do well and study in school.

"When I was at school I had various teachers who taught me science. I found some were awful teachers and some were really very good. I had Mr Osbourne, I had Mr Dobbin in my last years and I had a man who had an interesting speaking voice with a brown moustache and sounded slightly australian. I remember partly why I found science difficult with one of my teachers was that he wouldn't easily accomodate the students in so far as talking louder and being able to control the class. I also found the lessons could have been taught better. The information on the board was presented in blue marker on white board without any diagrams sometimes. Terrible writing aswell."

Your childhood seems interesting. Too bad this has nothing to do with the round. It fails to affirm the exact 70.000% which my opponent must prove. This information is absolutely irrelevent and should not be looked to at all.

"The tutors I liked were the ones who made funny comments and did something practical that excited everyone - like the mad professor in TinTin with his mad moustache, spectacles and balding head who was short.
I wonder what tricks people have used to keep themselves focused and passing science examinations. It is interesting for the purposes of the argument I have placed. Anyone can reply...."

Come on. Seriously? None of this information is resolutional at all and does not affirm the resolution.

My opponent was unclear and gave a history of his life rather than a affirmitive case. Thus you....

VOTE CON
Conversealot1

Pro

Conversealot1 forfeited this round.
LakevilleNorthJT

Con

MY OPPONENT FORFEITED HIS LAST ROUND THUS I WILL JUST POST MY LAST REBUTTAL AGAIN.

VOTE CON
Conversealot1

Pro

I shall be clearer in future to research an idea that I mull over. Rather than whimsically just casting out an idea and typing it up. But in some cases occasionally it can be alright to just toss out an idea and mull over it after. Anyhow I would do well to consider my debates in future, anyway no more criticism if I criticise myself. thankyou.
LakevilleNorthJT

Con

I guess that means you lost this debate. I win because my opponent concedes to all my arguments.

VOTE CON
Posted by Derek.Gunn 8 years ago
Derek.Gunn
The professor in Tintin was Cuthbert Calculus.
He wasn't mad, he was deaf.
Posted by DrAlexander 8 years ago
DrAlexander
Clarify the resolution, and I'll debate it.
Posted by Hamlicar_B_Rules 8 years ago
Hamlicar_B_Rules
What are you talking about in your debate?
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
I have checked your profile, Conversalot1 and I have to say I'm intrigued.

Firstly, I didn't realise there were any heterosexual men living in Brighton and secondly, I didn't realise there were any socialists living in Brighton!

I must say I didn't know that in order to be a socialist one should be in favour of flat taxes that result in poor people paying more and rich people paying less, and against social security, which provides a safety net for the most disadvantaged and vulnerable in society.

Frankly, I still don't believe there are any socialists in Brighton and, given that you are in favour of gay marriage, I'm still not wholly convinced that there are any heterosexual men there either!

Only joking, good luck with the debate!
Posted by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
Once again, a debate making no sense.
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter Plato votebomb
Vote Placed by Pluto2493 5 years ago
Pluto2493
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 7 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Vote Placed by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Vote Placed by emman101 8 years ago
emman101
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Vote Placed by lawyer_in_training 8 years ago
lawyer_in_training
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Vote Placed by beem0r-sucks 8 years ago
beem0r-sucks
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Vote Placed by ally93 8 years ago
ally93
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Vote Placed by Biowza 8 years ago
Biowza
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied
Vote Placed by necromancer 8 years ago
necromancer
Conversealot1LakevilleNorthJTTied