vxd9772
Guardian27

911 inside job?

vxd9772

Pro

There are so many reasons to doubt the official story of 9/11 that it is baffling to me how so many people are not asking any questions. Its almost as if it is unimaginable for them to think that our government could be lying to us about one of the most horrific incidences in our history. When I tell a person that I feel the government lied to us, most people instantly react with disbelief and and anger. However when i ask them if they had done any research they stare at me blankly. I will quickly list a few reasons why I think we were lied to, but most of my backup will be links to lengthier explanations and reasons.

1. How did cell phones work at 30,000 feet(passengers calling families) in 2001 when the technology to make that possible was invented a few years later.

2. How did the buildings collapse at almost free fall speed. Thats about 10 floors a second. The story we are told violates many laws of physics.

* The undamaged stories below the impact zone offered zero resistance to the collapse

* The glass and concrete spontaneously disintegrated without any expenditure of energy
* On 9/11, gravity was much stronger than gravity
* On 9/11, energy was not conserved

3. How did all 8 black boxes not survive the crashes when they are made to survive far worse, and how did measly paper passport survive.

4.Why was the WTC privatized just before its destruction?

5.
a. Unknown speculators allegedly used foreknowledge of the Sept. 11th events to profiteer on many markets internationally - including but not limited to "put options" placed to short-sell the two airlines, WTC tenants, and WTC re-insurance companies in Chicago and London.
b. In addition, suspicious monetary transactions worth hundreds of millions were conducted through offices at the Twin Towers during the actual attacks.
c. Initial reports on these trades were suppressed and forgotten, and only years later did the 9/11 Commission and SEC provide a partial, but untenable explanation for only a small number of transactions (covering only the airline put options through the Chicago Board of Exchange).

There are so many more.
Here are the links look into it.

Top 40 Reasons to Doubt the Official
http://www.911truth.org...

Documentary outlining main questions doubts
http://video.google.com...

Another documentary about the issue
http://video.google.com...
Guardian27

Con

To state that 9/11 was somehow an "inside job" is ludicrous!!! How many times must people rant and rave about the government is behind everything. If the President of the United States of America and those under him had ANY hand in any of this, don't you think that there would be at least one person in that long chain that would have the intestinal fortitude to step up after seeing the gruesome images on television and blow the whistle? To say that the HUNDREDS of people that would have to be involved in an operation such as this, would turn a blind eye to the suffering of innocent people in the towers is an outrage! 9/11 was the take of point for the war in Iraq. Again, I put the question out there. How could that many people remain quiet?? That goes against not only our national spirit but human nature as well.
vxd9772

Pro

First of all I want to say that I did not bluntly state that it was an inside job. I simply put forth some very provoking questions that have not been addressed or responded to by the Fed.

Just as I expected and wrote in my first argument, your response was completely emotional rather than factual. You didn't address any of my questions and didn't check out any of the links. You simply came back by telling me that its impossible that we were lied to because its hard for you to believe that no one blew the whistle. When in fact lots of people did.It's just that it is so hard for people to believe that something like this could happen, that it just gets ignored. like you people feel that it's not in the human nature so they look no further.

For example check this link out with a comprehensive list of respectable people speaking out.
http://www.prisonplanet.com...

****VERY IMPORTANT****:
before you respond, if you don't like reading at least watch the documentaries i posted the links to in the first argument. I'm asking you to respond to the questions raised. If you watch the documentaries you might realize that a lot is being hid from us.

THIS IS A DEBATE: I'm asking for responses to my arguments not your feelings on the human nature. There is no way we can factually decide whether people are capable of terror on their own citizens. We can have psychological theories and past events to look at. But please give me a debate.

I know that i will probably lose this debate anyway, even thought you are not being factual, because like you many people will look past my arguments and follow emotional feelings. Nevertheless, i don't care I just hope some people will look at my arguments and check out the links and maybe change their minds.
Guardian27

Con

That's an interesting choice of words. You say that the basis for my argument is based on emotion rather than facts. Well, if you look at your own argument, you'll see that it's based on speculation, assumtions, and theories, NOT FACTS. The FACT of the matter is, there's NO PROOF that 9/11 was an inside job. So, if you want to debate facts, then please present them. If this is a debate of theories and speculation, then that's a totally different matter.

The questions that you ask are impossible to answer. How on earth could anyone here KNOW why the WTC was privatized?? I grew up in the midwest. My town was hit by a tornado. Some houses were leveled, and yet the cans of food were still setting on the shelf, untouched. So, yes, I believe that a passport could survive those attacks.

I'm at a slight disadvantage. I was stationed overseas during 9/11. So, I don't know what was happening as far as warning before the attacks or anything like that. Here however is what I DO KNOW for a FACT. The hijackers were linked to Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda was founded by Osama Bin Laden.

You raise some interesting questions that are impossible to answer. I'd like to bring up one of my own.

1. If 9/11 was an inside job, but Osama Bin Laden took credit for the attacks, wouldn't that indicate that the U.S. government made a deal with him? Keep in mind, Osama Bin Laden was responsible for the U.S.S. Cole attacks which killed 17 U.S. sailors.
vxd9772

Pro

vxd9772 forfeited this round.
Guardian27

Con

Well, since vxd9772 didn't post a closing argument, I'd just like to say a few things.

9/11 was a tragedy. Thousands of innocent American civilians lost their lives. To say that it's a fact that the attacks were somehow orchestrated by our government shows how bad of shape our country is in. If someone can bring forward EVIDENCE to that, I'm more than willing to listen. I WILL NOT however, listen to the links that was provided in this debate. What makes lawyers that are suing the government for money, (which they would get a huge portion if they should win the case) subject matter experts??? I agree that there are a lot of unanswered questions surrounding that day, but government involvement is NOT one of them.
Posted by NragedX312 9 years ago
NragedX312
I am brand new at this site so for the most part ive enjoyed both sides, but in favor of vxd i have alot of questions about 911 that were not in any way answered by the commission report. And without starting a debate with either side i felt that alot of vdx questions were not addressed...which was very disappointing i as a american want to believe the "official" story of 911 but with so many holes and lack of concrete evidence i agree completely with vdx.. I however must pay respect to guard27 at least posted a final statement!!
Posted by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
I am sorry, vxd9772 but your information just isn't adding up for me. Good debate Guardian27!
Posted by Ineffablesquirrel 9 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
You don't know how I was affected by 9/11 so don't make assumptions. I wasn't being disrespectful in any way. I merely think it is sad that people can't debate something because it is an "emotional issue."

Oh, and the kid comment doesn't effect me. You aren't much older, so by default you must also be a kid.
Posted by Guardian27 9 years ago
Guardian27
Ineffablesquirrel, this is a very emotional issue. I'm a vetren that was stationed overseas on 9/11. I watched in horror as the country that I swore to protect was attacked. I watched helplessly as people jumped hundreds of feet to their deaths. Watching my own contrymen suffer through this was the hardest thing I've ever experienced. Because you're just a kid, I don't expect you to understand. I just ask that you show just a little respect.
Posted by Ineffablesquirrel 9 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
I love how when people want to put forth a theory, others react completely emotionally/irrationally, even though this person is NOT saying they believe it IS what happened. vxd9772 is not saying the government is behind the attack on 9/11. He is proposing a theory (that has been speculated on by many) so that an intelligent debate could occur.

Yet people can only seem to say how heartless or "communist" or "evil" he is for even saying this. I think this is, in and of itself, a narrow-minded view. Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean you can personally attack someone for thinking or mentioning an it.

[And of course, 9/11 was a tragedy, but people should be able to debate it without getting irrational nonetheless.]
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
vx9972

- you are a complete fool, and the democrats deserve you and your like (why dont you take on my Bush Derangement Syndrome debate)

Feel free to beleive whatever sinister plots you want

Someday it will cost you, and dearly, mark my words
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
I am so disgusted and tired of people trying to make 9/11 into a conspiracy .. Have some honor and respect for those who died. We know who was behind it , stop turning a horrible act of terror into another unproven theory to make the government look bad.
Posted by lindsay 9 years ago
lindsay
Solarman,

Your statements in this debate go along with what I said in the other about how I don't believe you got a 1600 on your SAT and attended UC Berkeley....

.....an educated man would never speak like you did. (or type, rather..haha)

I'm reporting it as slander. Please clean up your act. Debates are supposed to be emotional, yes, but more educational and mind-opening than anything. Certainly not solely based on name-calling and insults. Grow up.
Posted by mariahsaywhaaa 9 years ago
mariahsaywhaaa
vxd9772 you might be interested in this documentry
http://zeitgeistmovie.com...
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
No need for insults, solarman.

"They also should be denied the right to vote, along with anyone else who hates this country so."

Those are not the owrds of an American, an American that respected Amerivan values would say,

"let all have the right to vote, because America is a democracy, and without democracy, it wouold not be America"
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Ineffablesquirrel 8 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Vote Placed by NragedX312 9 years ago
NragedX312
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Vote Placed by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Vote Placed by righty10294 9 years ago
righty10294
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Vote Placed by parkerdoc 9 years ago
parkerdoc
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Vote Placed by Boulder_Boy101 9 years ago
Boulder_Boy101
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Vote Placed by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
vxd9772Guardian27Tied
Vote Placed by Lacan 9 years ago
Lacan
vxd9772Guardian27Tied