9spaceking
Aerogant

9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate

9spaceking
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner
Started: 8/21/2014 Category: Funny

9spaceking

Con

The resolution is simple. "9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate". "This particular debate" refers to this exact debate which you are currently reading. The link can be found here: http://www.debate.org... CON means "the opposing side of the resolution", while PRO means the side going for the resolution. So PRO has to prove 9spaceking is in fact CON in this debate while all I have to do is to give sufficient proof that 9spaceking isn't CON in this debate..
First round acceptance.
BoP is shared.
Aerogant

Pro

You're not Pro, therefore Con.
9spaceking

Con

This debate was supposed to be impossible for Aerogant to accept, but whatever. As can be seen from this debate I am "con", not "CON", therefore I am not CON in this debate but rather "Con".

See? "Con", not "CON". Therefore I have fulfilled my BoP and shown that I ain't CON in this debate, but rather "Con" in this debate.
Aerogant

Pro

Yelling a word in caps like "CON" does not mean that "CON" and "Con" are two different words.

Nice try though. You remind me of my younger years when I trolled instead thinking about the Universe.

So let's say your name is Herman Schmidt. If I said "HERMAN SCHMIDT", you would not say "I am not HERMAN SCHMIDT. I am Herman Schmidt". No, you would see it as emphasis, because that's what capital letters are: emphasis. A fat person is still a human being, their aesthetics were enlarged, that's it. "CON" is still "Con".
9spaceking

Con

It can be different if you say it in a different way. For example if I yell CON I might be inferring sarcasm and actually mean to say "pro". Besides, that screenshot was a bug, a glitch, an error. Proof after a refreshing shows that I am actually Pro in this debate.

See? I am in reality Pro, not CON.
Thus, I have fulfilled my BoP to show that in fact, I am not CON in this debate, but rather Pro.
Aerogant

Pro

If you're going to photo shop a picture, you could have changed "The Instigator" with "The Contender" to make it more convincing, instead of simply switching the colors.

When it comes to sarcasm, you cannot definitively argue false intentions in the first place.
9spaceking

Con

What do you mean?? The instigator means the one who starts the debate, and the contender means the one who goes against what the instigator has to say. It looks perfectly fine to me. You're just jealous you don't know how to take a screen-shot. The picture is obviously not photo-shopped.
Vote me.
Aerogant

Pro

You forgot to switch the borders. Why is this important? Because if you were to scroll down that picture, you'll see that it's "Con, Pro...", not "Pro, Con...", which shows that you are Con, as well as "CON", as the letters are simply emphasized, not changed.

Again, nice try. But I used to be a troll like you. I had troll friends and was well known for my trolling ability. I was known as the best troll in the world. Now, I'm known as an idiot.
Posted by Vexorator 2 years ago
Vexorator
Darn, can't vote.
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
I have a strong feeling more people are biased against Aero than against you. But people with higher ELO can't be biased?
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
So hypocrisy; much irony.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
it prevents noobs and biased voters
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
And what is that reason?
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
lol, there's elo restrictions 4 a reason
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
I actually have to vote for Aero on this one. " "9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate"." "CON means "the opposing side of the resolution"". If Pro is to show 9space is Con, and Con is to shower 9space is NOT con...9space stated in actuality he is Pro. Thus he is affirming his opposite-side of the initial resolution. While all very confusing, I still believe Aero is the winner.

But I am not allowed to vote. Which I find very unfair
Posted by crushboy79 2 years ago
crushboy79
Good one 9spaceking
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
well, that was quick.
I want to vote, but I am not going to vote on something like this.... plus the voting style is select winner...WHY?
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Lol, what if this debate just turned into a hardcore s&g debate?... all because of cons r1 and r2 arguments...
Vote Placed by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
9spacekingAerogant
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: previously read, but was lazy to vote. Semantics, But great ones.
Vote Placed by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
9spacekingAerogant
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Con's (or CON's, doesn't really make a difference) argument that they are Con and not CON fell flat and Pro showed it.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
9spacekingAerogant
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: CON =/= Con