9spaceking
ScrinTech

9spaceking should be banned

ScrinTech

9spaceking

Con

Do you hate me? Do you hate trollers in general? Do you just dislike the look of spike delivering his little glass of water to his comment? Then this debate is for you.
You have to support the position of "9spaceking should be banned".
If you win, your reward is....
(drum roll please...)
Temporary ban of me for 1 day.
ScrinTech

Pro

Okay, Just so I start this out pretty calmly.
I have absolutely no quarry with 9spaceking,I just decided to take this on for the he*l of it because a lot of people agree with him. To be honest he's probably a pretty swell guy, but enough of the charity.

For this debate I'll be taking the side of Pro to the idea of the banning of "9spaceking" for a day.

9spaceking

1. 9spaceking uses clone debates.
DDO is a site for debating, this is true. However 9spaceking has created multiple "Clone" Debates titled "This Debate is Stupid." While these debates are old there's really no logical reasoning for them. Such a debate has no reason rather than having the user debating itself. It turns out that these debates are useless entirely, as there really is no debate going on rather than 9spaceking forfeiting the rounds. [1][2][3]

Links:
[1]: http://www.debate.org...

[2]: http://www.debate.org...

[3]: http://www.debate.org...

2. 9spaceking had one of his debates removed.
Normally the customer support has a reason for removing a specific debate, such as if it violated ToS (Terms of Service)
Yesterday he had his debate removed by customer support This leads me to the conclusion that someone had flagged the debate. "Humpty dumpty sat on a wall and had a great fall." was the title of said debate.[1]

Links:
[1]: http://www.debate.org...

3. 9spaceking uses mostly opinions in debates.
Although I agree with him on this one voicing his opinion elaborately. I concur that there was no reason to state such a topic in a debate. imabench; possibly the best debater that DDO has ever seen, banned for violating some part of the ToS which resulted in angry fans, etc. Voicing an Opinion should be kept to the "Opinions"[1] Section of DDO, which would have been easier to use in any case[2]. Another example of this would be the example of "Mikal being the best debater other than imabench."[3] While I'm saying he uses Opinions such as everyone else in DDO, he uses them in the wrong context and would be much better suited at the DDO "Opinions" Section, or looking into why imabench was actually banned.

Links:
[1]: http://www.debate.org...
[2]: http://www.debate.org...
[3]: http://www.debate.org...

On to you Con.

9spaceking

Con

1. 9spaceking is not a troll. You heard me, I'm not a troll! I'm just an intelligent 15 year old who makes dumb-debates and accepts them as well.
  2. 9spaceking's dumb debates--the first one is actual argument, second one's for fun while con shows how elaborate my plan really was, third one I tried again, but this time con was serious and etc. etc. "Such a debate has no reason rather than having the user debating itself. It turns out that these debates are useless entirely," THAT'S WHY THEY'RE STUPID!!
  3. 9spaceking's a brony. If that is not clear so sorry. But if he's banned for one day he'll probably dislike debate.org humongously and post this as soon as he has the chance to:

4. 9spaceking is popular among the debaters--please see the comments.

ScrinTech

Pro

Before we continue... I'm going be a bit of a Grammar Nazi

Humongous; Extraordinarily Large
Humongous in it's context as presented in the current DDO Debate

"But if he's banned for one day he'll (he will) probably dislike DDO (debate.org)humongouslyand post this as soon as he has the chance to"
[Insert angry picture of Fluttershy here]

Words that probably could have worked here instead:
"Entirely"
"All Together"
"Etc."

Not to mention "Humongously" isn't a word.

I just really hate grammatical errors even though I probably have my fair share of them.

Back to the Debate!

"9Spaceking's not a troll..."

Then why create this debate If you already have a debate titled "I am a better internet troll than my opponent"[1]

"9Spaceking is popular among the debaters..."

So was imabench...[2]

"Second one's for fun while con shows how elaborate my plan really was..."

Ok I can see where your point is here, It's for the Con to be able to keep a debate going without the need of a Pro; As brilliant as that may seem it still seems that, the "This Debate is Stupid" debates can't be classified as a debate, since Pro never uses any arguments in them what-so-ever.

Links:
[1]: www.debate.org/I-am-a-better-internet-troll-than-my-opponent/1/
[2]: www.debate.org/imabench/

9spaceking

Con

FINAL ROUND--if I lose this I get banned for one day (when voting period ends)
Okay...so, you managed to bounce back all my arguments, eh?
Well then, I shall make my final round statements.
1. I help other people I don't even know
I helped other people gain hope by posting the theory that "MassiveDump is imabench". Hey, he's not, but at least it gives everybody hope that MD is bench!

2. I'm running for president of DDO, seriously
I might miss the final election board thing (whenever it is). I really don't want to miss the final voting day. That day's the serious competition, the real debate over who is the best president? Besides, won't people like what I'm going to do when I'm president? http://www.debate.org...

3. I'm very hard to win against as a debater.
People actually have to do things to win me as a debater. No one who won against me has forfeited. If you forfeit, you lose conduct and people's respect for you. Conduct is an essential part of debating, especially since this is the final round and you have to rebut all my points! In addition, out of 11 debates I lost, 4 I have forfeited. It can be seen otherwise only 7 debates were won fair and square. But out of those 7 debates, 2 are troll debates (the "stupid" ones), and 2 are ones that I do not agree on and didn't even try on ("Mikal is the best debater ever OTHER than imabench" and "The age of the earth is over 10,000 years old."). So technically merely 3 people really won against me, against my real skill, against my true ability of debating.

4. you don't agree on this topic.
You even state "I have absolutely no quarry...pretty swell guy", showing that he really isn't taking this debate seriously. Hey, nobody takes you seriously if you don't take yourself seriously!

5. My belief of "Glimbozonous"
My religion of Glimbozonous http://www.debate.org... Athiest beliefs with Christians belief. Sure, it's a far shot from merging the two together and stopping all the Cold Wars and battles, but it's a nice thing to think about! It explains the source of the Big Bang, why earth is the only unique planet for life for miles around, and the free will we have in this world.

I did this debate just to see if I could type up a logical argument in times of stress and danger of my account getting banned.
Apparently I can.
In conclusion I should not be banned.
Vote Con.
ScrinTech

Pro

Before I conclude, I'm going to be a bit of a Grammar Nazi to myself.

@ScrinTech:Round 2 "I'm going be a bit of a bit of a Grammar Nazi"

Why...Just... why.

ENOUGH OF THE SEMANTICS

Final Round

"I Help other people I don't even know[...]by posting the theory that "MassiveDump is imabench[...]Hey he's not."

Perhaps you could call that 'helping'... however what about those fans who had their dreams crushed by the Idea that 'MassiveDump is imabench' Not only have you Instated the idea of imabench still being out there you've also got a huge mob of Angry Fans.

"I'm running for president of DDO..."

That notion has absolutely nothing to do with the current debate, I don't care if you we're running for the President of the United States, when my mind is set, it's set.

"I'm Very hard to win against as a debater."

Winrate of 42.11% which in all terms, is Average.

"You don't even agree on this topic"

Perhaps you should read my opening sentences. I only said you we're a "pretty swell guy" based on user opinions, and ended with "enough of the charity." If you look at most of my other debates I've forfieted many rounds, the reason being for such debates as: "Pumpkin chip is better than chocolate chip."[1], "Pasta should be illagal"[2] I started debating at school in my BIM class. When i saw these debates I started laughing my as* off. That being said, I've had my fair share of stupid debates, however, I can't agree any more on this topic, This has been my first Legitamate debate, for that I thank you Con.

"My Belief of 'Glimbonzonous'"

Again Con states something which has nothing to do rather than protect himself.

In Conclusion
  1. Con Fails to Explain why one of his debates was removed.
  2. Con Protects himself by exploiting the various 'good' things he has done

Vote Pro.

Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
Sooooo.....am I banned yet?
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@Teemo Exactly,
Posted by Teemo 3 years ago
Teemo
Clone debates are acceptable, the debate being removed was inappropriate, however airmax believes it is not worthy of a ban, and his debating style (opinionated) is not a reason to ban someone. A lot of people use their opinions, I for one do as well. But this doesn't mean I should be banned.
Posted by Teemo 3 years ago
Teemo
Pro obviously won. However when you think about it properly, none of these are actually reasons to ban someone.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@Teemo and yet people think they were...
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
well my arguments were weaker... :P
Posted by Teemo 3 years ago
Teemo
None of the reasons that pro presented were effective enough to ban con.
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
Oh drat! Looks like I'll be banned for a day after 9 days and 6 hours.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@ScrinTech: Links don't work.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@Geogeer It's just I was trying my best to find a reason he should be banned I literally spent like 3 hours surfing for something hoping it would come up, and these were my best conclusions.
Vote Placed by The_Scapegoat_bleats 3 years ago
The_Scapegoat_bleats
9spacekingScrinTechTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro built up a strong case backed up with sources by Con himself, gaining him arguments and sources, since Con did nothing to refute them.
Vote Placed by jh1234l 3 years ago
jh1234l
9spacekingScrinTechTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro uses good arguments backed up with sources, while con did not challenge pro's arguments, instead using irrelevant points such as how he is a brony, or how he is running for the ddo president. Conduct to con as pro used huge images that are not really relevant.