Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The "Black lives matter" group is a racist, violent black version of the KKK

jgillz123

All lives matter. Be it white, black, brown or yellow we are all human beings but for some reason some members of the black community feel differently. They openly rant about there hatred of white people, especially the police. What happened In Dallas when the sniper started shooting people? All these black lives matter members RAN BEHIND WHITE POLICE OFFICERS FOR SAFETY. Some of these morons actually think some police officers wake up everyday and go to work in hopes of killing a black person....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Minutes Ago

THBT Dumbbells are, on balance, better than Barbells for lifting weights.

Blade-of-Truth

PrefaceIn the last couple of months I've become more and more involved in lifting weights at the gym. While it's incredibly enjoyable, I found myself somewhat torn between using dumbbells or barbells for a majority of the routines I do. After a month of mainly utilizing one or the other I've come to the conclusion that dumbbells are generally better than barbells for lifting weights. I'd like to see if I've come to the right conclusion on this and thus am instig...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

cause and effect is eternal

vi_spex

an object is still or in motion.. rusty soda can in the wild=matter=eternal an apple trees production of apples, and the seeds they leave on the ground until next spring which cause has no effect, when effects are caused? matter is eternal, no beginning and no end, only now...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Overall, humans are generally worse than they are good.

debatethlete

Overall, humans are definitely worse than they are good. The damage that has been done by humans since throughout the last several thousand years is far greater than any good we have done. The pain we cause each other as well as other species is of a much greater magnitude than the amount of good we have done. For every random act of kindness, humanitarian effort, or charitable work done, there are countless wars, murders, acts of sheer brutality, and continued human ignorance/arrogance that out...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Allow hack backs (retaliatory attacks) against the Chinese government

devinator534

First round is acceptance. Second round will be constructives. Third round will be rebuttals. Fourth round will be closing arguments...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

The Moon would make a great God. Why not?

zeromeansnothing

Allow me to make the case for the Moon as being a potentially 'great God'.The moon has always fascinated man. The moon is globally visible and 'accessible'.The moon connects the past the present and the future.The moon influences our habitat and it speaks to us in a myriad of ways.There is only one moon on this earth and it has a topography that suggests a benign facial image.We have been to the moon and we could send our ashes to it when we are dec...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Internet is boon to our society

Romeo2332

"The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life." A very pleasant morning to one and all. With these words of Stephen Hawking I ROMEO2332 stands before you to speak in favour of motion. The Internet has become a crucial tool in modern life. It is estimated that over 1 billion people have regular access to the internet. The modern economy, and most modern businesses now have a heavy reliance on it. The internet itself is a huge profit...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

future is unknown

vi_spex

if you jump from a cliff to kill yourself, do you know that you wont be teleported safely back to the cliff? know=now now=reality loop 1 second or less...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

math has no certain measure

vi_spex

my senses are not the certainty of the speedometer in my car if you drive a mile, how do you know that there is truly a mile back? machines cant tell me what is real, only what to believe.....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Death Battle: Midna vs Fi

PowerPikachu21

The Legend of Zelda... A game series where the hero Link saves Hyrule from the evil Ganon. However, had it not have been for these two, doing so would've been impossible. Midna, the Twilight Princess, and Fi, the Spirit of the Goddess Sword.Rules:1) This debate will be about comparing certain stats; Strength, Agility, Durability, Abilities, and Equipment.2) My opponent will choose either Midna or Fi round 1. I'll be arguing that whoever th...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago