Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The bible does not support governmental socialism

Ryanemge

Many folks believe that the bible supports socialism. Jimmy Carter is a good example. The is far from the truth in my opinion, but I want to explore this further with someone who disagrees with me. Look forward to it!...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The bible does not teach mutual submission

Ryanemge

This is my first debate on this site, so look forward to it....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Is America a democracy?

JM_928

The United States of America struggles to define itself as a democracy with political powers redefining the district lines every ten years, politicians essentially have complete control over redrawing the maps to favor their party. But before this occurs, seats from slower growing states in population get taken away and given to larger states with rapid population growth to represent; this is called redistricting. Politicians have the power to manipulate district lines that may affect ethnic gro...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Resolved: The Instigator Does Not Solely Hold the BoP in DDO Debates

ShadowKingStudios

Simple.Each debater must provide their best evidence that the "Burden of Proof" is Stipulated or Not Stipulated on Debate.org for the Instigator. Pro must present convincing evidence the BoP for the Instigator is not stipulated b...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Art Critique Debate! (Not Drawing Competition)

Ajabi

This is an Art Debate. Though not your or my art, well it could be, but not necessarily. We need to post one piece of art in each round, and give a brief explanation of why we find it so very impressive. We will give some details, and some basic critique as to why our piece of art is superior. This debate has a lot to do with the piece of art, but the level of critique and the reasons for admiration should also be taken into account. The first round is for acceptance only. Only those whos...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Is College Worth It?

Austin1061

Is College Worth It?For this debate, my opponent and I will be debating whether or not college is worth it. I will be arguing pro/for, and stating reasons college is worth it. My opponent will be arguing con/against, and stating reasons why college is not worth it.

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Resolved: The UK should one-time Cull of all People in the Bottom Financial 10%

Envisage

*Leave a message if you want to accept this debate*Details:This debate includes unemployed people, and would be further differentiated by held assets, etc. The actual logistics of determing the 10% will not be the focus of this debate, but rather if such an action is going to be positive for society.

Challenge Period
9 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Captain Kirk is better than Picard

SiriusTrekkie

*-*-*PLEASE READ ALL*-*-* To accept, you must have some basic knowledge of TOS and TNG. If you don't know what that is, you probably shouldn't accept this debate. I tried to make this debate impossible to accept, but if you are somehow able to, please don't. I don't want any forfeits if you can help it, so please be able to post every time! I will give you 3 days to post. First Round: Acceptance *ONLY* Second Round: Opening Arguments & Statements *ONLY* Third Round: Rebuttals Fourth Rou...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Resolved: A state ought to have a government.

lannan13

This debate should be impossible to accept. If you wish to accept this debate then you must say so in the comments section. If you find a way to accept without me knowing then you will automatically forfeit the debate. RulesFirst round is acceptance and definitions only.Second Round is Contentions only, no rebuttles.Round 3 is rebuttles.Round 4 is Rebuttles and conclusions.No SemanticsNo swearing.Government-...

Challenge Period
23 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

The Seahawks are better than The Colts!

bob_rocks_the_chapel_123

the colts are absolutely NO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And anyone who likes them has to NO GOOD, either!!...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago