Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Bible baptism includes sprinkling or pouring on one's head.

Kilk1

Note: No one is permitted to accept right now. If you’d like to debate this topic, contact me. I plan to begin this debate next week. Greetings. Baptism is an important subject in Christianity. Jesus told the apostles to baptize those that they converted (Matt. 28:19). The apos...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Denying Science (You Choose)

MagicAintReal

*Please do not accept if you're able to.*Instead, apply in comments.I'm searching for someone who denies a particular concept/explanation/principle of science so that I may defend science's honor!The full resolution would be something like:Science's Current Explanation Of _______ Is Unsound.So, post ideas in the comm...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

being evolution

vi_spex

if humans cut of a single finger in a moment of life or death as a rule.. eventually we will be able to regrow our limbs.. like the tail of a lizard, because the lizard that survives getting grabbed by the tail will survive can survive it a finger will regrow genetically for the male to fit the genes of the child evolution=live or die=life or death=survival+adaptation evolution=any difference between any being natural selection(incorrect)=adaptation(correction)...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Infinite Dimensions and a Dimensional Mind

M0nK3Y

I argue infinite dimensions exist. If infinite dimensions exists, the mind would evolve to understand, or sense, new dimensions; as colour was unseen until animals evolved to sense colour, some effect may be unknown that we can adapt to understand. Dreams show we access our minds depth, perhaps we can evolve to sense further depth. I argue, dreams show potential of the mind. Dreams can make concepts clear; dreams have been said to have prophetical, psychological or chronicle proper...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Short selling is good.

anthonyliu1

I'm sure many of you have heard from the media that short selling is an an evil act of evil and should be abolished. As one on the "Pro" side, I would like to argue that short selling is actually good for the market. Structure of the debate: Round 1: Say hi and accept the challenge. Round 2: Present your own view points. Round 3: Counter the opposite side's arguments and strengthen yours. Round 4: Give a short conclusion. PS: Please try to present your arguments "eyeball friendly" b...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Life is pointless.

BeardBoulevard

Life means something to you until you die, and, depending on what you leave behind, maybe to beings in the future. But eventually, you will die, they will die, our planet will die, our species will die. And you were here for nothing. So make of life what you will, because it doesn't matter anyway....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Prepositions at the end of a sentence

Diqiucun_Cunmin

Note: The debate should be impossible to accept. Please express interest in the comments section if interested. If you find a way to work around this, you automatically forfeit all seven points.ResolutionThe full resolution is as follows: 'This house would prohibit the use of any preposition at the end of any sentence in Standard English.'

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Joan of Arc was divinely inspired

Phenenas

In this debate, I will be arguing that Joan of Arc was not divinely inspired, and will use both Biblical and medical evidence to support my claim. Definitions: Joan of Arc - The pious Frenchwoman (1412-1431) who helped rally the French army to victory during the Lancastrian phase of the Hundred Years' War "divinely inspired" - Having received direct communication (in the form of "voices") from God, Jesus, saints, or other such holy figures, as Joan claimed she had. Con must argue that th...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

God exists.

Lexus

Let me know if interested.Don't accept or you lose.God - the supreme or ultimate reality, as the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as Creator.I will fill this in when there is interest. I will not make normal arguments, keep this in mind. Nor will I make arguments as I did with Danielle. ...

Challenge Period
12 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Is using software instruments killing real life instruments?

kitaaa8495

Please talk about these points in your argument! Are software instruments useful? Can you tell the difference between recording real life instruments in comparison to using software instruments when you listen to songs? More experimentation on software? Are you still classed as a musician if you don't play a real life instrument but make compositions through software? What are your views on live technology performances? are they really 'live'?...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago