Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Maths Anxiety

corkbed

Math Anxiety is the so called label people have when they aren't able to do math and want to avoid looking stupid. It is yet another label to describe a condition that doesn't really exist and has only become popular recently by people who want get out of doing math....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Science is a threat to Humanity

hellywon

Due to unexpected events that occurred since yesterday, I will put this debate on hold until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience. Closed debate, please comment in the sections if you wish to debate against me. I will choose someone at the end. Resolved: Science is a threat to Humanity In this debate, we are surfacing again the question of science. In our modern day we have many benefits from science, which has branched into technology. There are of course harms when science...

Challenge Period
19 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Minimum Wage should not increase to $15

LordHelm

Resolution: The US Minimum Wage should not be raised to $15 an hour.Rules:- No Acceptence without permission.- No semantics.- Sources may be in an external link. ...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

It Happened To Me .'. It Can Happen To You

lahunken61

They are also ruining the economy to trigger an elimination of the America as we know it, so they can round up, and exterminate everyone who knows too much. They caught me once. In 1959 my buddy and I met a homeless banished ex-lodge member. He told us all the big secrets. In 1962 I wrote them in a high school term paper, got a 98% for it, graduated with honors, and joined the Army. Meanwhile, the instructor of that class sold my term paper in the term paper black market, the wrong peopl...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Governments ought to protect citizens from themselves.

kasmic

4 rounds/72hrs/6000 characters/Select Voting Round 1: acceptanceRound 2: Opening arguementsRound 3: Rebuttals

Challenge Period
33 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Planned Parenthood should be defunded by the USFG

Greg4586

Round 1: AcceptanceRound 2: Arguments, Pro is not allowed to rebut argumentsRound 3: Rebuttals of oponnents arguments, pro is not allowed to defend his argumentsRound 4: Defense of your arguments. Rules1. Please keep the discussion of the morality of abortion out of this debate, for it is an entire different topic and it would make the discussion far to broad. I want to have a discussion about Planned...

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Stochasticism contributed more to ushering a new age of art music than any other art music genre

aksai_chin

Stochasticism, and, more precisely, Iannis Xenakis, contributed more to the logical progression of Western art music than any other genres or composers of the era (Cage or Gann, or even more niche composers sch as Nancarrow), as his influence is heard in genres such as Post-Minimalism, Totalism and its polyrhythmic nature, and even more modern forms of Spectralism....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Same sex high schools are better than the mixed gender high schools

dian_kencanasari

According to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-sex_education) : Single-sex education, also known as single-gender education, is the practice of conducting education where male and female students attend separate classes or in separate buildings or schools. Round 1 is only for accepting the challance Round 2-3 is for arguments and rebuttals Round 4 is only for rebuttals and wrap up the arguments No troll please. I hope I will find an interesting debate. Thank you...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Resolved: On Ballance, Anarcho-Capitalism is preferable to Anarcho-Communism.

lannan13

This debate is impossible to accept. If you accept without permission then you forfeit all 7 points to me. If you wish to accept then please leave a comment. Rules First Round is terms and definitions by Pro and acceptance by Con. Second Round is for Opening arguments, NO rebuttals. Third Round is for Rebuttals. Forth Round is for Rebuttals and conclusion. No semantics, the definitions provided are the ones to be used. No trolling. BOP is shared. Minimum ELO is 2000. No Profanity...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Acts of Commission and Acts of Omission are morally equivalent

Romanii

Finding a way to accept this debate without permission will result in an automatic loss. Please apply to accept in comments. First round for acceptance, burden of proof is shared, etc etc etc. For reference: Act of Commission - directly inflicting suffering upon someone (e.g. punching someone in the face for no reason) Act of Omission - neglecting to prevent someone from experiencing suffering despite having the ability to do so (e.g. standing by and watching someone get punched in the...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago