Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Big Issues Debate

HermanGomez95

The following debate is a freelance debate determined by the comments section. In other words, my opponent and I will debate topic questions given to us by our audience, essentially making this a simplistic version of a political debate. I will be arguing for the liberal Democrat Party, so my opponent will need to be a conservative. Round 1 is acceptance only, the following rounds will be structured as such.

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

TEAM DEBATE: Eternalism vs. Presentism

Fkkize

PrefaceThis is a team debate on the philosophy of time between the teams tejretics, Fkkize & Toviyah, X.ResolutionIn this debate we are going to argue that "Eternalism is more likely true than Presentism", while our opponents is g...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Theological Non-Cognitivism is Unsound

Fkkize

Resolution"Theological Non-Cognitivism is Unsound"Con is going to present one argument to establish that religious language, especially propositions like 'God exists', are meaningless. My goal is to demonstrate why the argument doesn't work, for exampl...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Abolition of the Death Penalty

tejretics

PrefaceThis is a "plan" topic on the abolition of the death penalty in the United States. As such, Pro shall propose a plan that involves: (1) the abolition of the death penalty, and (2) an alternative to such punishment. Con shall defend some form of capital punishment, and is allowed to propose a counterplan to minimize/remove the harms of the current system involving capital punishment.This debate is impossible to accept. If you accept witho...

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

The Sith Code better resembles human nature than the Jedi Code.

CiRrK

Hello. For those of you that don't know me. My name is cirrk. I was a very active member awhile ago. Boredom has returned me here. I thought I would start back up with a fun debate :D Do not accept this debate without messaging me first*** Rules 1) the debate will be a strict comparative debate, X or Y. No assumptional level arguments will be valid and doing so will result in a loss. An example would be: there is no human nature thus the sith code can't resemble it. 2) no trolling...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Japan should remove Article 9 of it's constitution

UtherPenguin

Debate reserved for bsh1. Will open to bsh1 sometime this weekend (hopefully) Debate impossible to accept (Notify me if you are intrested in debating, I will not be open until next week though) Rules: Burden of Proof is on me. Failure to abide by the terms,format, or rules of the debate will result in a loss of conduct during the voting period. If Con finds the terms to be inaccurate or unreasonable, then he or she may alter the terms (but only with an argument as to why) Forma...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Jersey Mike's is better than Subway.

SnaxAttack

This is a fun little debate that I wanted to do. Which sandwich shop is better; Jersey Mike's or Subway? I am on the side that Jersey Mike's has better subs, than Subway; and my opponent will argue the opposite. For the rules, there is really no rules. Only rule is that the first round is acceptance only, than everything else is fair game.You can use sources if you like, but is not necessary. This debate is more about on who can withstand with their opinion from the first...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

K-12 Program in the Philippines.

NiqueHurricane

Our country, Philippines, is not ready for this program due to its lack of facilities and staff....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Job security is the biggest motivator than money

anotherwolf

Losing a job is only a small chance, so people can earn a lot of money before they get fired....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Felons should have voting rights in the modern U.S.

kasmic

R: Felons should have voting rights in the modern U.S. Clarification/Cont...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago