Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is Donald Trump "racist"

JamN

Hi, first of all even though me and whoever decides to join this debate I would like to say thank you anyway and I hope we have a interesting debate. I would like to start by asking how is Donald trump racist, i see lots of people throwing these "buzzword" labels around like xenophobic, transphobic, sexist, homophobic, racist, misogynistic or whatever they can make up that ends with "phobic" .Which makes me bring up a big question, when has trump ever said that he hates black people or that...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Corporate Bailouts

JoeYYC

This is a badly understood concept and when analyzed thoroughly there are NO justifications for corporate bailouts for several reasons. 1. The argument that "if we don't save company "xyz" the loss,of jobs and damage to the economy will be too great or "stunning" - I believe was the word you used. This is unverified, not widely accepted and has no theoretical basis to justify in the first place. How do you know what the impact of this company going under would be to the economy and what's...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Define Love Objectively

Sidex

The purpose of this argument is to define "love" objectively. I have created the theorem below that as not been proven wrong which objectifies morality. The link below it clarifies how the theorem was created. I will make a statement of love in regards to the theorem. You may counter that statement or you may counter my objective definition of "love". The con/against has the burden of proving me wrong in any aspect. The pro/for has the burden of not being wrong. My argument will include to you t...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Should Canada defect from NATO being that NATO is considered a terrorist group by some?

canadian613

My friend commented and said "Didn't Canadian Nato forces just ship out to Latvia , Because Russia is protecting there own borders and country . Canada is so strong they signed up with the largest Terrorist Organization "NATO" . aka America , Who has the largest NATO force and is well known to support isis and other opposition forces controlled by isis Foreign Terrorist Organizations by proxy American Government supports Terrorism so do there Allies . Canadian here NATO is a criminal organizatio...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Foucault's works are applicable to contemporary movements

JudgeSchreber

I'm defending Michel Foucault. All of his theories and most of their applications to present-day identity/social movements. I'm less interested in a "god says gays are bad" debate, so if that's your primary argument against The History of Sexuality, I'll pass. Anyone else is welcome to engage in well-developed argument. I'm looking forward to it. Feel free to start in the first round....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Does the Bible teach that water baptism is performed to obtain the remission of sins?

Kilk1

NOTE: DO NOT ACCEPT. ATTEMPTING TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN A LOSS.This is the page for an upcoming debate on the purpose of baptism. Is the purpose of baptism to obtain or declare salvation? According to the Bible, is baptism performed to become saved, or is it just to declare that you already a...

Challenge Period
17 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Was Hitchens' "Challenge" Actually a Valid Argument?

elikakohen

Question : Was Hitchens' "Challenge" Actually a Valid Argument? Challenge: "Name one moral act that a religious person can do that an atheist cannot".Assumed Implication : If one cannot be named, then the pursuit of morality can be pursued separate from belief in God.Rules, (or Subject to Mod...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Number

D7th

I argue that our current representations of numbers are incorrect, and therefore our understanding of number is flawed.Below, I present SOURCE A; it consists of 2 parts, and a 3rd irrelevant part. In part 1, entitled 06:12, 06:16, I show descriptions for number, half creativity, and half logic waiting on establishment in part 2. In part 2, entitled 1-8, I reduce the creativity in part 1 and I establish the logic.Feel free to as...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Would you buy the Porsche 911 Turbo S over Nissan GT-R Nismo

DaveKo2020

My friend constantly tells me that the GT-R is much better in terms of "bang for buck" and goes on about how the GT-R has one the fastest Nurburgring lap times. I'm a huge Porsche guy, and the 911 Turbo S is faster in a straight line (0-60mph in 2.5 seconds w/ launch control) and is more luxurious and refined. The Nismo starts around $150,000 and the Turbo S is around $200,000. The Porshce 911 Turbo S is obviously the better car overall, and if you had the $150,000 for the nismo, you have th...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Modi Vs. Vajpayee

anshul_sahni1

Modi, apart from his brief stint in the late 90s as a National Secretary of the BJP, never really had any major role in the national scenario. I mean, he never had the opportunity to reach out to the common people of across this large country. He had probably campaigned for may be a maximum of 2-3 days each for BJP in Assembly elections in a few states other than Gujarat. Yes, he has a very visible presence in the online and national electronic media. But India hasn't yet become a nation where a...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago