Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Contender chooses topic

Hylian_3000

I want to debate something, but I can't find a good topic. You MUST obey the rules, failure to do so will result in an automatic loss 72 hours to argue 10,000 character max 10 days voting period BoP can be decided by opponent RULES: 1. You must explain your topic in round 1 2. You must also argue in round 1 3. You cannot argue in round 5 (forfeit in round 5 is acceptable, however I would rather you just to post something.) 4. The topic MUST BE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES (all caps because...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 24 Minutes Ago

Is the "Big bang" true?

Leo.Messi

The Big Bang is not TRUE. It is unreasonable-as I will argue in this debate. I will define our terms: The Big Bang: The model postulates that at some moment all of space was contained in a single point from which the universe has been expanding ever s...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 30 Minutes Ago

Famous Poems: Poetry Competition

Ajabi

Greetings! This is a poetry debate. You can post your own poems, though you're free to post any famous/infamous work so long as you give a citation. Though that is not all you also need to provide an explanation of the poem, a critical examination if you will in favor of your poem. You are not allowed to adress the poem of the opponent, simply write an exposition of the poem that you have chosen. The poem should not be too long, and...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

16kadams

“And your reference is? . . .Your reference? Your reference?” -- Lord Monckton, climate skeptic asking for a reference in a debate over global warming. Well, here are my references. Round 1:1. http://www.sciencemag.org/content/306/5702/1686.full2. Ibid3. http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/4. http://downloads.globalchange.gov/usimpacts/pdfs/climate-impacts-report.pdf5. Presents a ‘skeptics’ cas...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Homeopathy is a valid form of medicine

SarcasticMethod

In this debate I and my opponent will debate the claim that homeopathy is a valid form of medicine. I would like that all non-trivial claims are backed up either by empirical evidence or logical reasoning. Stick to standard English grammar and spelling, but don't call anyone out on their spelling, as it would slow down the debate. Also, try to write responses like you might design a skirt: long enough to cover all the details, but short enough to keep you excited. 1st round: Definitions 2nd ro...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Comedy and conscious music are the last bastions of candidness in the United States

mentalist

Comedy and conscious music are the last refuge for anyone who wants to speak candidly about world affairs without being castigated or ostracized. Shared BoF...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

The Universe has an External Cause or Explanation to it's Existence

Envisage

*Leave a message to accept this debate, as it is closed*Full Resolution: "The Universe has an External Cause or Explanation to it's Existence"Definitions:...

Challenge Period
32 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Dominica peaceful ok

Sunitamartyn

Dominica peaceful ok member by I will gladly I was thinking about saying that that grow it long look I'll actually gold braided Shiite Niles uncle don't know having fun don't know about it Google Nutra Tosterone come up with our own style that"s good he'll no yes No culture 01 hasty Toronto is that ok let you back all only but so if they hit poet look but I think is great I don't think he doesn't need to be a little outtakes good he's pretty. http://www.optimalstackfacts.org/nutra-tosterone/...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Jiraiya will defeat Kisame in a fight

Airgun

I'll be defending Jiraiya. Location: Where kisame fought killer B. Intel: 1. Kisame knows about Sage Mode. He doesnt know anything else about jiraiya. 2. Jiraiya knows about Samehada's ability to absorb chakra. He knows nothing else about Kisame. Prep time: None Mindset: IC with killing intent Starting Distance: 20 metre. Condition: Kisame has Samehada and Samehada will not betray Kisame. Restriction: None Feats: Only known feats of the characters are to be used, no assumptions are allo...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Piano Battle

RevNge

I will not make this debate acceptable until December 20th, but I'm going to put it up earlier so hopefully more people will take notice of this earlier. The framework is simple. You can submit any music of your choice regardless of genre, provided that it is only on piano with no edits and no other instruments (including vocals). There is a time limit of five minutes for the first four rounds and no time limit for the final round. The voting criteria is as follows: Arguments: General perf...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago