Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

THW prefer a hierarchal Feminist movement over a decentralized one.

MasterManav

Today we are proud to bring forward the resolution "This house would prefer a hierarchal feminist movement over the common decentralized one." We on this side of the house believe that there is no exact definition of feminism. Yes, one could say "It is a movement promoting equality of the sexes" However we believe that in today's society we have too many different types of feminism. We have women who want to turn the tables and say that feminism is a movement promoting female domination. Whi...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Minutes Ago

Do you need to be afraid to be brave?

benjen_stark

A buddy of mine tried to tell me that it is possible to be brave without being afraid of something. I think this is wrong, and goes against the very definition of bravery....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 48 Minutes Ago

Bob Ewell Hunting Out of Seaon

Mr.Saxon

Bob Ewell hunts illegally out of season. Atticus says that it is ok because Bob breaks the law so often it ends up taking more of societies resources to charge them than it does to leave them alone and suffer the consequences. Putting Bob in jail would mean he wouldn't be able to hunt or feed his family. Is it ok for Bob Ewell to hunt illegally out of season? Defend your answer....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Is Twenty One Pilots appreciated enough for their music?

straightup.gong

Twenty One Pilots, or TOP as sometimes referred to, doesn't get enough recognition for their music....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Biblical Flood Did not happen

Smithereens

BoP is on me. Don't accept this debate.Biblical flood is the one in Genesis which alledgedly occurred about 5000 years ago.Please express interest in the comments. ...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Early Medieval Norsemen viewed dominant homosexuality as fine

smelisox

Definitions: Norsemen: people living in what is now Scandinavia and of Norse culture, a subset of Germanic culture. Early Middle Ages: 400-800 AD. We can overlap a bit into the High Middle Ages up to the 11th century, but strictly before Christianity. Dominant homosexuality: The dominant homosexual is the one who penetrates during anal sex, and the non-dominant or receiver is the one who doesn't. I believe in the Early Middle Ages, Norsemen thought that dominant homosexuality was fine, and...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

This house supports the Dakota Access Pipeline.

Manarchist

There is a lot of controversy surrounding DAPL. Most of it surrounds the land the pipeline will be built on. The neighboring Native American reservation is concerned because it borders their water source and an old burial ground. Unfortunately the land has already been destroyed. As such it should be put to good use. !st I bring to you the simple economic benefit. It is very costly to transport oil by rail and diesel as we do know. Building the pipeline will drastically decrease the cost of dome...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Should marriage be legal? Should it even exist at all?

cookiez4lllife

Just to make it clear, I do believe in marriage and whatnot, just looking for a challenging argument to try and use my logic and reasoning skills to win. IF YOU ARE WILLING TO HAVE A SERIOUS, WELL THOUGHT OUT DEBATE, PLEASE COMMENT OR MESSAGE ME....

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Keynesian Economics

TheMarketLibertarian

The resolution is that Keynesian Economics is nonsense and doesn't work, I will argue for Austriuan Economics. Please learn what the two are before accepting....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Proof of God in Life Design

FollowerofChrist1955

Respond in the comments section; This keeps Atheist from accepting something their to blind to see. Interjecting flights of fancy and completely unproven imaginings as facts. I highly recommend you read their comments though and ask yourself ... is it FACT or is it Fiction. I'll point out their imaginations each time, so you can see they live all their lives in imagination. It's So Sad! God created all things using Atoms and DNA to form the foundation of of the universe a...

Challenge Period
28 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago