Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Love is merely an action.

TropaBino

This is a 4 round Debate. In mainstream Christianity love is just an action. You hear things like: "You must love everyone, but you don't have to like them." When people say this, they are implying that Jesus is only asking you to do good things for someone and that you don't need to like them. ---------- I believe this is wrong teaching. In my opinion God is literally asking us to have an emotional connection with everyone. That emotional connection would be the greatest emotion, Love....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Minutes Ago

Washington vs Lincoln

Plubius

I will be arguing Pro: Washington was the better President, to my opponent, Con: Lincoln was a better President. The debate only centers around both of their presidential careers, and will not involve any actions outside of their Presidency. First round is only for acceptance, please maintain a courteous and non insulting argument, and argue your view point intellectually with fact and reasoning rather than just petite insults....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

SHOULD MAPs & FRIENDS BOYCOTT ALL US PRODUCTS & SERVICES?

Jawahir_chocoballs

A boycott of all US products and services by minor attracted people will help to end the sex offender registry. The sex offender registry in the US includes now about 850,000 people. Their families and friends and MAPs who have not been placed on the registry would swell this number to a few million. If this number withdraw economic support from the US economy, it would help to persuade the business community and through it, politicians to rescind the registry which has done no good and...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Stop accepting debates with the title 'How do Atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'

Zaephou

Newcomers to Debate.org, DO NOT accept ANY debate with the title 'How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'. The guy who has been posting them, ViceRegent, is a middle-aged bigoted ignoramus with the brain capacity of a lemur, and he has been spamming this same debate for months. DON'T ACCEPT THESE KINDS OF DEBATES. REPORT HIM FOR SPAM....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

demonatization

pranjalpathak07

fhdfgdf...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

The JFK Assassination (debate sponsored by King La Ding enterprises)

King-La-Ding

This is the full King La Ding proposed debate resolution: R1 does not have to be used for acceptance. King La Ding proposes, while may not be the first to propose, that Lee Harvey Oswald clearly was either not alone or not involved in killing JFK. In my brilliance, I can prove this to anyone who dare disagree. The idea is, the JFK assassination is a clear conspiracy perpetuated by a shady third party! Disclaimer: Being destructionized by being absolutely decimated in this debate does not w...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Is Haphazardly Ever After a good Musical?

Montague_Smith

I believe Haphazardly Ever After is a good musical. If you wish to debate I think we should decide the format for the arguements. I propose that this first one is format deciding and the other two are body paragraphs and there to be no conclusion....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Nuclear Power

bsh1

IntroThis debate is currently impossible to accept. Please let me know if you're interested. If you accept without my express written permission, you automatically forfeit the debate and empower me to have Max reset it to its original condition.This was an old LD resolution, and it's on an issue of increasing relevance as the industrialized world slowly moves to a post-carbon fuel society. It should be an interesting topic for debate and discussion.<...

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Hate Speech

bsh1

IntroThis debate is currently impossible to accept. Please let me know if you're interested. If you accept without my express written permission, you automatically forfeit the debate and empower me to have Max reset it to its original condition.Some of you know that I am part of a minority on DDO that believes that a more restrictive approach to speech laws is justified and beneficial. While this topic is not specific to the United States, it does se...

Challenge Period
16 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

My argument for a god will be more convincing than my opponents.

Unstobbaple

Round 1 is for acceptance No arguments or new sources in the last round. No loopholes as judged by any voters. Msg in comments to accept. Auto forfeit without an invite to the debate....

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago