Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Science proves God's existance

theOmniscient

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein Evolution, the Big Bang, and other theories are clearly disproven by themselves. For anything like these to originate, it would require a power that we humans cannot comprehend. Evolution claims that every creature on the planet evolved from a similar ancestor, but where could it have started? The dirt, perhaps? How could you create life from an inanimate object without a being such as God? The simple an...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Minutes Ago

University of Alabama is the greatest Football program of all time

bamapride4vr

3 rounds Topic should explain what we are debating. Challenger may start the debate in first comment....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 24 Minutes Ago

Transsexuals, ladyboys, transgenderists, etc. should be classified as "non-human animals"

brian_eggleston

Transsexuals, ladyboys, transgenderists, cross-dressers, eunuchs and transvestites, hereinafter collectively known for convenience as "intersexuals", do not self-identify themselves with either human gender: that is to say; they do not consider themselves either male or female human beings and, since a human being is defined as a "man or woman of the species Homo sapiens" [1], that makes intersexuals non-human animals, doesn't it? Yes, of course it does, and there's nothing immoral, much les...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should bounty hunting be legalized in Canada?

Xanxus

Personally I am still candid on this issue but for the purpose of the argument I will be serving the Pro- Bounty Hunting Camp. I believe Bounty Hunting with be beneficial to society for the following reasons: i) It will reduce the unemployment by creating more job opportunities through both the training and maintenance of bounty hunting infrastructure. As well as the bounty hunting profession itself. ii) It will further deter criminals from committing crimes out of fear of having to deal w...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Doctrine of Justification by Faith Alone is Not Biblical

Jacob_Apologist

I will approve the opponent on basis of his theological expertise. I prefer you have to be good in theology to accept this debate that so just make a comment if you want to debate on this, then I will forward it to you. Con has to be a non-Catholic, believer of sola-scriptura. You must believe all books to be equal especially book of James (Yakov or Jacob). This will be my opening statement of first round. If you disagree with any definition and representation of this doctrine given by me then d...

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Big Bang is a valid theory

chewster911

Now, i want to have a rational debate about the Big Bang theory. I will argue that the Big Bang happened nearly 14 billion years ago. I don't want an argument about deities that supposedly created the universe or other irrelevant arguments to the topic. I want this to be a science debate. Burden of proof is shared,but it will mostly be on me. 1st round is acceptance 2nd round will be for opening statements and arguments 3rd round will be for rebuttals and cross-examinations 4th round will...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Irradiated Food

mgreer99

A common belief is that irradiated food is radioactive. This statement is false. The radiation used to process food is much different than radiation that would occur after a nuclear fallout. The sources that process the foods do generate enough high energy to make food radioactive(betterhealth.vic.gov) also the food never comes in contact with the radioactive material(epa.gov). The FDA and many other organizations have set the Limits for the use of Radiation, which includes the maximum amount al...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Taiwan should NOT give in to the unconstitutional demands of President Ma.

TheBunnyAssassin

Hello Spectators and Opponent, I am arguing for the pro side of Taiwan's dilemma. As many of you may know, more than one hundred thousand students are currently protesting in Taiwan. What for? For their rights of liberty. Freedom. Democracy. There are two major political parties in Taiwan, the Kuomingtang and the Mingzingtang. The first one, is supported by the powerful, big-name corporations in Taiwan. Who also urge unification with China. Well, what for? This party is the true TRAITORS of...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The usual arguments #4: Free will

Dwint

This debate is impossible to accept. Leave a comment if you would like to debate.I will NOT argue against the existence of free will. I will argue that free will doesn't prove the existence of a god. Structure:Round 1: acceptanceRound 2: arguments(no rebuttals)Round 3: rebuttals(no arguments)Round 4: additional arguments/rebuttals and conclusion...

Challenge Period
9 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Holocaust

kgrossman

Should the results from experiments conducted by people like Mengele in the holocaust be used today? Some people may think that what happened was so unethical that the results cannot be used today. However, others might think that science is science and what has happened has happened and because there is no way to take back the experiments, the results should be used. What do you think?...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago