Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should Genetically Modified Crops be introduced in Pakistan?

Khuwailad-Ali

After studying the events of past, it is very much evident and somewhat undeniable that country like Pakistan desperately deserves a modern type of agriculture i.e. The Genetically Modified Crops. These crops would help the country in meeting the food demand of the population and grow quality crops. Plus, as a matter of fact Pakistan is an agricultural based country which furthermore supports the aforementioned statement that yes Pakistan does need the Introduction of Genetically Modified Crops...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 29 Minutes Ago

An Armed Society is a Polite Society

liltankjj

This will be a quick debate. First round is acceptance and a brief reason why you disagree. Next round will be for rebuttals. BOP is shared. I believe this to be true due to the fact that when one knows their very life hangs on their every action, more caution would be used towards mannarisms. Unless of course the individual doesn't care about living....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Dokdo is Korean island

davidko

We are here to debate such a important topic. My house believe that Dokdo is Korean island. Because Dokdo was Korean island since the period of the three states in Korea....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Debate.Org Presidential Bulletin

bsh1

Aloha!I am the elected President of Debate.org, and this debate is part of an effort I am making to reach out to more areas of the site and to update more users about site programs. The positions of President and Site Moderator are not the same; but, as President, I do run, oversee, or work on various initiatives that are pertinent to members who primarily use the debates section. I am not empowered, however, to grant you voting privileges or delete debates or things of that nat...

Challenge Period
34 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

The Federal Reserve

harrytruman

The Federal Reserve Debate: "Whoever controls the volume of money in our country is absolute master of all industry and commerce and when you realize that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few power full men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate."- James A Garfield Point 1: The constitution and constitutional money: Article 1 Section 8 Sentence 5 of the constitution clearly states: Congress shall have th...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Should Africa pull outa ICC?

mafotita

Pro argues that AFRICA should pull out of the ICC...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Euthanasia

Amandavick

Euthanasia is dealt mostly with animals in particular. So in this argument it is based around the animal aspect. Yes, euthanasia is morally acceptable. As the saying goes, "if you love something, you have to let it go", if your pet is suffering beyond recovery. You should end it's misery. It is the hardest decision to make (I just had to do it not 48 hours ago). The way they do it is that they sedate the animal, the animal remains in a painless, semi-conscience state. Once they are seda...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

It is better to light a cat on fire than a dog.

TN05

This is for Wylted's Outlaw tournament (http://www.debate.org/forums/debate.org/topic/81387/). Rules:1. No forfeiture. 2. No plaragism.3. First round is for acceptance only....

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

On Balance: Schools Should Teach Fine Arts to the Students

Briannj17

While many schools are stopping the art programs such as music, drama and art it is my belief that we shouldn't stop giving students the option to take these classes at school. It is therefore my belief that "Schools should be capable to teach arts and music to their students" Definitions School: an institution for educating children. https://www.google.ca... Should: used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions. https://www.google.ca......

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Spider-Man 1 & 2 Are Better Than The Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2

UltimateSpider-man

I believe that the Amazing Spider-Man films are terrible movies and didn't do Spider-Man justice as a character. The original 2 films by Sam Raimi were far superior in every aspect....

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago