Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Stop accepting debates with the title 'How do Atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'

Zaephou
John_C_1812

Newcomers to Debate.org, DO NOT accept ANY debate with the title 'How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'. The guy who has been posting them, ViceRegent, is a middle-aged bigoted ignoramus with the brain capacity of a lemur, and he has been spamming this same debate for months. Please don't accept these debates. If you want, copy and paste this debate and post it yourself to spread the message :)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 31 Minutes Ago

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
Spiritpaw

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q. Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO,...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 23 Minutes Ago

fact=personal memory

vi_spex
Ash_RationalTheist

its a fact that i just took a hard drug, im just lying about taking a hard drug...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

All drugs should be legal.

Badplum25
Smooosh

We will be debating whether all drugs should be legal, and yes, I mean ALL drugs counting heroin, methamphetamine, you name it. I will take the PRO stance while my contender will be CON meaning you are against the legalization of all drugs. These are the requirements you must agree to before accepting the debate. First Round: Accepting the debate and a brief summary of what you think should be legal regarding drug use. Second Round: Why you believe your stance. NO REBUTTLE. Do NOT attack my...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Minutes Ago

Nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, necessary? Haha no. (Debate sponsored by King La Ding enterprises)

King-La-Ding
joshuar1996

King La Ding proposes this resolution: The U.S nuking of Japan in 1945, was totally unnecessary to these ends, 1. it was not needed to subjugate Japan and 2. was not the sole viable solution to WW2. If you disagree with these claims, accept the debate and prepare to be destructionized....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Islam is Not a Religion of Peace

Amarandum
joshuar1996

Anyone who would like to argue that Islam is tolerant or a force for good is welcome to debate me. I hold an atheistic view of Allah and the Koran. Any contenders must agree to the format: R1: Acceptance Round Only R2: Opening Arguments R3: Rebuttals R4: Closing Remarks...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Unregulated Capitalism is a moral system, and is perfect as it is

Boris7698
joshuar1996

Many people support are pro capitalism with the proviso "it's not perfect but it works", and that it should be regulated. I claim on the contrary that laissez-faire capitalism, unregulated capitalism, is perfect, and is the best political system. And that there should be no regulation whatsoever. No ECC, FDA, FED etc. And no anti-trust laws. There should be only three things that are responsibilities of the government: the army, the police, and a judicial system. My argument is simple:...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

The Wage Gap Is due to discrimination

Sovcody2
icanclick

1st Round is for acceptance, 2-4 are for rebuttals 5 is for closing....

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Who are the 144,000 in Revelation?

reddogs
kwagga_la

According to Revelation, at the end there will be a people who have certain characteristics, they keep the commandments of God (Rev 12:17; 14:12) and they have the testimony of Jesus (Rev. 12:17). We know them as the remnant, but there is also another end time group given, the 144,000. We find in Daniel 12:1 "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

God definitely does not exist, and the agnostic view is wrong.

Boris7698
AJB1053

God is claimed to be a supernatural being, not merely an alien being from another planet who is powerful. Supernatural means beyond nature. But nature is all of existence, which places God outside of existence, which is impossible. Therefore the concept of God is invalid, because it leads to a contradiction. Everything that exists is part of existence, and therefore is natural. I will debate any Agnostic who grants that God may exist, but no evidence has been provided....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago