Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Every ill society suffers from is a direct result of disobedience to Gods will.

Dr_Obvious
distraff

It is my belief that every societal ill we suffer from, is a direct result of disobedience to Gods will. Con must come up with one societal ill that is not a result of doing something that the Bible says NOT to do. For this debate, we will not be discussing natural disasters or disease, as these are something that we cannot control. This debate is solely about behavior and how it affects us as a society. Four rounds. Usual format. Acceptance, opening arguments, rebuttals, closing arguments...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

The U.S. and allies would most likely win a war against Russia/China.

Wolfman19
TheRussian

The U.S. and allies have more than enough military power to overwhelm China and Russia in a war. ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Minutes Ago

The Sabbath has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ

Truth_seeker
MrJosh

I will argue that the Sabbath has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ and is no longer an applicable Torah commandment I'll let my opponent go first...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Is the Bible right on sex and marriage?

Jikpamu
EndarkenedRationalist

Yes - 1 Corinthians 6:18 (New International Version 2011) 1Co 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/ Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. At the end of 2010, an estimated 489,121 (56%) persons living with...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 14 Minutes Ago

Indian voters are immature and get easily swayed by sweet talks

hardil0001
shivamkumar2014

Indian voters are not at all immature. I would like to explain my angle by an example of our present Prime Minister Narendra Modi I think Indan voters were mature enough to select their prime minister because the got bored from the current rulling party and this time they knew that congress can do nothing to our country expect courpution and this time the needed a new government so the choosed narendra modi as their leader and i think they made a correct desicion by choosing him because he can d...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Psychological Egoism

MyDinosaurHands
YYW

Definition:"Psychological egoism is the thesis that we are always deep down motivated by what we perceive to be in our own self-interest." I will be defending this thesis, and my opponent's objective should be to show that there are instances where a person acts with with purely altruistic motives. First Round will be for Acceptance. Any questions, please ask in the comments before accepting. Any confusion that arises that could've been avoided with a simple qu...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Americans, in general, are idiots

I_am_Spartacus
Such

Hello! Standard debate format for response: Greeting and/or Opening Rebuttal Rebuttal Closing First of all the positing that an alarmingly and - relative to other developed countries - big segment of Americans are morons is, sadly, quite easy to demonstrate. Poll after poll shows that Americans are dumb and uneducated, to the point of where one seriously starts to ponder how America got to be "number one" in the first place. The general knowledge among Americans, in general, are stunn...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Should schools mention sports grades on report cards of students?

Mukesh1961
distraff

Should schools mention sports grades on report cards of students?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

God is not an intelligent person

ignatius_fernandes
KhalifV

God is an intelligent person...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

colin leslie deans erotic poetry is put down on DDO where similar works would not

shakuntala
YaHey

colin leslie deans erotic poetry is put down non DDO where similar works would not you can download for free deans poetry from here to see what his poetry is about http://gamahucherpress.yellowgum.com/book-genre/poetry/ it has been said of deans work http://www.debate.org/debates/This-A-Midsummers-Nights-Dream-is-very-humorous/1/ "This is the single worst, most vulgar, and perverted sense of Literature I have read." my claims is 1) the naughty bits in Lady Chatterley's Lover a novel...

Debating Period
17 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago