Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should higher education be only for "chosen"?

HannaB
thedecoyg

At the 21st century we are facing the problem when higher education all over the world is becoming an ordinary thing. According to the NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), in the USA the percentage of students enrolling in college immediately after high school was 69.2 percent in 2015. The number of higher education attenders is growing constantly not only in America (in autumn 2017, about 20 million students attended American colleges and universities, constituting an increase of a...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Moeslim should not be banned from U.S

xx.iraa
FanboyMctroll

they have they're right to live anywhere they want....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

How do you feel about homeschooling?

Darias
judelilly1

To my mind, homeschooling is an idea worth considering for those who want to keep strong bonds with their children and simply be there for them on numerous stages of their development. It allows you to hold a good record of their progress, to identify their strengths and particular interests and tailor your children's education to what they are best at and most passionate about. One of the apparent advantages is the broad character and flexibility of the curriculum, as well as present-day dive...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Truth is OBJECTIVE

SlowDMO
simtuzi

It seems to me, that in this dysphoric democracy, (officially a republic), what had always been "up" is now "down" and visa versa. If you think society/the global collective has made 1 inch of progress in the last 100 years, this is your debate... Make the case for moral subjectivity or progressivism. (Which I think are basically interchangeable.)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Homeschooling

novilona
SlowDMO

Nowadays the percantage of homeschooled children is increasing. Parents choose this type of alternative education for a score of reasons. Among these reasons the main one is simply dissatisfaction with the current standing of public educational system.Personally, I do not consider homeschooling as a good alternative to traditional education. The main disadvantage of it is that parents, who choose this way, usually are not qualified specialists. In fact, they do not know HOW to teach. It´s...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Wife vs Husband Round 1!! (Rebirth of an old Series) Black Friday Special!

QuestionGuy
frankfurter50

Hello everyone I'm Doing a renewed version of the Wife vs Husband Series from 5 years got over 6k views, I'm the original creator. I Need your help to bring the series back! I'm using some scenarios from before because it can still go very different To keep it simple please review the links below to see the concept of the debate http://www.debate.org/debates/WIFE-vs-HUSBAND-ROUND-1/1/ http://www.debate.org/debates/WIFE-VS-HUSBAND-Round-4-Original-Opponent-from-Round-1/1/ Concept This...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Uniforms

Benistheboss
LuckyNumba13

I have been wearing a uniform for 5 years yes 5 years!!!!!!!! and it has been 24 seven omg that is so long.so hi my name is Ben and I believe schools should not have to have uniforms and it also makes a bigger bill for the poor people.so to all you principals out there just stop right now and make an assembly and say to all the boys and girls I have come to the conclusion that we shall never have to wear a uniform ever again in our life. And did you know that 50 % say that uniforms are good and...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Violent games lead to violent actions

CameronWorthington
avenirblackoblique

I love video games, but does the high violence sometimes you violent ? No that"s a load of nonsense of course it doesn"t. But that"s what some people actually believe, and today I"ll tell you why some people believe it and why some don"t. By the age of seven, Yes SEVEN! You can tell the difference from fantasy violence and real world violence and when you play and watch more violent content that skill grows greater and seriously who on earth will just start thinking they"re hitman and start runn...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

CRISPR (Good Or Bad)

SupaDudz
YakovF

CRISPR genetically modifies DNA. This can be used to remove genetic de effects from babies. People might use it to create a perfect baby without any bad parts to it. My pro will argue for it and I will argue CON 1) CRISPR will ruin countries competitiveness 2) Perfect babies will take away jobs from people like us 3) This power could be used for un ethical reason, like increasing military IMPACT3)Countries will be threatened and build military arsenal up 4) A perfect society does not lead...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Genetically modified Organisms (GMOs)?

Intellisio
Mharman

GMO's are harmful and should not be sold in our country. The first round is for acceptance. Please do not forfeit....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago