Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Four plus four is two.

Mynameisauser
bustercherry

Let us make it good...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Minutes Ago

Catholic is anti-christ

FALSE_INVESTIGATOR
20CoWhite

THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR STATUES AND IDOLExodus 20:1-15 ESV / 390 helpful votesAnd God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 17 Minutes Ago

Democracy is no longer the best form of government.

akaQ
Raymond_Reddington

Welcome to whomever accepts my argument. I am arguing against democracy (Pro), and my competitor will argue for democracy (Con). In the first round, we will offer our initial opening opinions; second round we will offer rebuttals; third round we will address the rebuttals and wrap up our arguments. In my writing class, we have an assignment to choose a stance on a topic of our choosing, and give claims and warrants to support our ideals. The topic I have chosen is the fault of democracy...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Minutes Ago

Should beaches have rules?

cpr_3016
64bithuman

beaches should have rules... Why? Well.. because I know there are some beaches are so crazy its impossible to show up without getting injured. And on quieter beaches, it takes couple of high school guys with a football to ruin everyone good time. Rules give lifeguard more power to make beaches fun for everyone. Without rules, the loudest and most obnoxious people would always DOMINATE the beach...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

is logic a subset of illogic

derogatory
creedhunt

First round acceptance. Definitions illogical 1.lacking sense or clear, sound reasoning. logic 1.reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity. Sources: https://www.google.co.uk/#q=define+logic https://www.google.co.uk/#q=define+illogical...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

abortion

williamsxoxo
philochristos

Killing an unborn child is inherently wrong, and therefore can never be justified regardless of circumstances. It is no more just to kill an unborn child in order to avoid hardship than it would be to kill a toddler to avoid hardship. Because the unborn child is unseen, it is easier for society to condone killing him or her, though this is morally indistinguishable from killing any child at any stage of development... In addition, abortion does not solve the deeper problems that have contribu...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

The Ancient Astronaut 'Theory' Has Tangible Evidence

Sam-sinha
Tvirus

I invite my opponent to come forward if he/she supports the proposition. Well, I am against the so-called 'theory' and I consider it as fringe-science. But I want to hear my opponent's arguments and try to debunk it(if it seems wrong to me). If I agree with the opponent, I will confess that. In the first round, I will not make any comment about the 'theory'. I invite my opponent to show his/her logic in the 1st round. Thank you. &nb...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 13 Minutes Ago

Should religious indoctrination be legally classified as child abuse?

spacenights
Josh_b

I believe that forcing a child to believe a particular religion as factual should be legally considered as child abuse. If the child wants to learn about the religion, then it is totally fine. However, if the child is forced to by a parent, guardian, or other, then it is wrong. I don't want to turn this into an Atheist vs. Theist debate. Round 1 is for acceptance Round 2-4 is arguments Round 5 is closing statements. I wish the best of luck to my opponent....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

God (if real) can exist with no beginning nor end

Musibrique
Ozzyhead

Can god exist without a beginning nor end? The answer is yes. You must: (a) oppose my argument (b) no copying/pasting or trolling Good luck, Con....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Should the alcohol limit be lowered to 18?

marfensty
Elijahhill97

I believe that it should be lowered to 18 because when you turn 18 you are said to be an adult and along with adulthood comes the privilege of drinking....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago