Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The United States should regulate trade.

Nymphomaniac
Adam2isback

This debate is about free trade. Free trade is a policy where the government doesn't regulate imports via tariffs or exports via subsidies. Instead, prices are determined solely by supply and demand. I will argue against free trade and Con will argue for. There are three rounds. The first is for acceptance. The second is for arguments. The third is for rebuttals. I have made the voting open to members with a minimum Elo of 2500. I also ask voters explain their decision. That should keep ra...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 52 Minutes Ago

Should there be video games in schools?

Stickieupie
S.Weekes

No because if video games were allowed in schools kids would start to sneak inappropriate games....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Contender chooses topic

Hylian_3000
grass

I'd love to debate, but I'm drawing a blank on what to debate on and none of the debates in challenge phase interest me. This is not impossible to accept, the contender should tell their topic in round 1, however they cannot argue until round 2. Make sure you explain your topic and provide any needed definitions. Good luck to my opponent!...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Morality is subjective

DATXDUDE
Surrealism

I will be arguing that morality is not subjective, and my opponent will argue the opposite. First round is for definitions, acceptance, and opening statements. Good luck....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Every "good" person will get into Heaven.

Alex.Dallman
Godisreal21

I would like to argue that anyone, regardless of religion, will be accepted into heaven, granted they lived life as a "good" person. Context: I've often heard people justify their involvement in religion to the thought, "If God is real, and I don't believe, then I will go to Hell." This seems to be missing the point of Christian values, and I believe if anyone, atheist or Christian, is a "good" person, then they will be granted access to Heaven. Round 1 is for acceptance....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

military draft

cpasshun
Lee001

In my opinion, military draft should not be legalized. By doing so, it would take away the american people's rights. One specific right that we, as American citizens, have is the freedom to worship if you wish. Many people do not agree with military yet alone war or draft....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Are Video Games Educational

GamerProdigy14
Brainpower

Video games can teach creativity, and alot of other valuable skills....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

The argument "The universe is obviously designed" is flawed

ELDRITCH
Peili

All rounds are for argumentation. I will first bring up the point that this argument is impossible, because if everything is designed, then we have no example of a non-designed object to compare anything to. The argument becomes akin to trying to paint in the fourth dimension. Utterly incoherent, comparing a thing to itself to prove the existence of itself. This is impossible. I won't go on stating more and more refutations to this argument, I don't expect many to want to read a wall of te...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 31 Minutes Ago

Are bananas secret agents

nandreasen513
Deadpool_is_god

Bananas are trying to kill us all. Everyday someone dies, choking on a banana. The is not because of fast eating, but because the banana used its peal to strangle the victim, and then threw its peal away to cover up any evidence. I stand by my facts, and I stand by my source, which happens to be a youtube comment. I plead for your affirmation on the topic, it could save lives....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

The Battlefield series is an overall better series than the CoD series

Gabe1e
tysonrox03

Round 1: AcceptanceRound 2: Ratings/Critics opinionsRound 3: GameplayRound 4: ConclusionsDebaters must have 1500 Elo to prevent trolls.Rules: No swearing, Con must argue that the CoD series is overall better than the Battlefield series, No debating in the comments (This goes for only Pro and Con, the audience can if they want.)Good luck, and have fun. ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago