Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Independent Western thought is impossible

Capitalist_Zombie
Kalleth

I will be arguing that, due to the impact of media (all forms) and consumerism, it is now impossible to have an independent thought or a unique emotion. This applies to any person raised in a society where media is often being consumed. Somewhat rusty with debates and I forget some of the good house rules, so essentially just be fair....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Should Plastic Bags be Banned?

mclean.caleb27
TheBraveFart

I'm taking the stance for the con side. The argument is; I think we should not banned plastic bags. Go ahead and place your first argument. Good luck!!! ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Has Britain lost its traditional heritage?

Baekhyun042
JackLewis

I feel like Britain is in the process of losing its traditional heritage due to immigration more and more different races of people are immigrating into Britain and bringing their heritage with them which is nullifying the British heritage in Britain...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Black and white - outdated inaccurate terminology hampers progress in racial issues

AnthonyH
Jacesus

"White" people do not literally have "white" skin. "Black" people do not literally have "black" skin. It's pretty obvious (not many grey-skinned people running around are there?). In this day and age when we all seem to be so touchy about racial issues and skin colour, why are these inaccurate archaic terms still being used? To make it worse, "black and white" are opposites. These words also do nothing to define ethnicity. They should be made obsolete like the term "Red Indian"....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

I should change the name of my political participation site from 'NewPolitics' to 'Mob Rule'

Tommy.leadbetter
maximus24

I want the opinion of people on this site whether they would be more likely to join a group called mob rule or new politics. Its a website that gives us all the vote . here is the link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1505718116/new-politics?ref=user_menu...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Resolved: The government should ban smoking in public places

ThinkBig
imsmarterthanyou98

Resolved: That the government should ban smoking in public places. Rounds: R1. AcceptanceR2. Opening argumentsR3. RebuttalsR4. Defense/Closing Rules 1. No forfeits2. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be individually provided in the text of the debate3. No new arguments in the final round4. Maintain...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

We are aware of our inidan history

Shulagna
PowerPikachu21

We are aware of our history. We guyz trying to change few things bcs we know May b some things proved wrong and that needs to be changed....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

In United States public K-12 schools, the probable cause standard ought to apply to se

pctydying
TheVirginian

Note: The framework of this debate is based on net benefit promoting the greatest happiness of the greatest number of people more specifically that students" safety is the most important duty of public schools. Our first contention is that probable cause is detrimental to school safety. Without probable cause, it is much harder for law enforcement and school administration to find hidden weapons, with can lead to school shootings. In these situations, students" lives are at stake. Students" sa...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

ban islam

vi_spex
SugatShanker

the curse of islam demonstrates the truth of non peace to muslims... ban islam from all civilized nations, contain them in islamic countries with an option for them to leave.. -convertrix...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Humanity cannot progress any further as a species.

Kalleth
PowerPikachu21

Humanity as a species has reached its climax. I don't believe that any further progress can be made by us, since we have begun to regress as a society while many of us have not even reached the same standard of living as our developed contemporaries. The upward trend of technological growth will I think, crash and burn us in the end. And even as original and unique ideas are being silenced by loud outcries of old and broken ideologies, so too am I beginning to think that all of our great achieve...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago