Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The US Federal Government ought to ban the selling of and possession of the Bible

Aleoz
marquettelddebate

The Bible is a harmful book that evokes unnatural feelings that constrain human intellect and reasoning. The Bible is dangerously addictive if believed. The Bible's affect is even more damaging when put into the hands of a child, or a senior citizen. My intention for this debate is to prove how damaging the Bible is towards the human mind, and to the world.Round 1-AcceptanceRound 2-Case...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

God does exist. God (pro) vs atheism (con)

Moelogy
Surbhi221

I recently left my religion and became an atheist. I would like the pro to go first and lay out his arguements. I will refute them and hopefully have enough time and space to provide some of my own. First round - pro lays out his arguement Second arguement - my rebuttal and arguements and pro rebuttals 3 - arguements and rebuttals 4 - solely for rebuttals (no new arguements) This debate is religion-neutral. I do not care what religion you are as long as you can defend God. BOP - s...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

GIF is pronounced 'jif'

krystina
Enna456

it's jif not gif...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

California's High Speed Rail: Other states should wait.

Drago31
Aleoz

California's High Speed Rail is an attempt to keep the damage inflicted upon the environment to a minimum. The Authority behind the plans for this project are aiming to have the project use energy from only sustainable resources. Needless to say, it is far from finished, and other states should not wait until the rail is finished before they begin working on similar projects. Because if they do, then the time that would have went to the states doing their own research will be wasted on spectatin...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 25 Minutes Ago

ALL women secretly value physical strength above all else in a man.

Fatuous
SJM

I will say yes (pro) women do prefer physical strength or fighting ability in a guy above all else. 1st round is acceptance/greeting round....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Dark energy is spin energy

Akhenaten
acolevfx

The universe gets its energy from aetheric spin. This is the only logical place that energy can come from. All other concepts of energy creation are false....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should nerf guns be modified?

Crodsbye
PowerPikachu21

Should Nerf blasters be modified? My opinion is yes because it gives the player an edge in performance during competitive play if rules allow, but the increased velocity even to the limit will not make a serious bruise because of the safety features built into Nerf darts that limit the damage they deal (compressible tip), also the darts are very lightweight, so they will not knock over anything despite traveling at a high velocity. Unless the dart is modified to deal extra damage (which is illeg...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Edward Teach/Thatch [Blackbeard] was more of a Hero then a Villain.

Knaveslayer99
CRAZYMAN890

I am Pro for this debate on the side that Edward Thatch/Teach [Blackbeard] was more of a Hero then a Villain.Rules- A understanding of piracy and it's history.- Do not insult or use slang.- Enjoy the debate and have fun![Rounds]R1 - Acceptence R2 - Opening ArgumentsR3 - Counter Arguments R4 - Final Sta...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Bicameral vs. Unicameral legislatures

Vesush
Aleoz

Pro argues for Bicameral and Con argues for Unicameral legislatures....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 50 Minutes Ago

The Trojans were the "good guys" of the Iliad

Phenenas
Aleoz

I'm looking for an opponent familiar with the story of The Iliad. Whether you've read it cover to cover, remember exposure to it from school, watched Troy, or even just read the Wikipedia summary is all fine by me. If you would like to accept, please say so in the comments, as I'm fed up with trolls and forfeiters. As Pro, I will be arguing that in Homer's epic, the Trojans, who serve as the antagonists of the story, are the real "good guys", with more sympathetic characters and a more unders...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago