Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Morality is indisputable.

3RU7AL
CosmoJarvis

Thank you for participating in this debate. I will be arguing in favor of the view that morality is indisputable. In order to qualify for this challenge, you must have completed at least 1 debate. (IFF) morality requires principles (AND) principles require truth (AND) truth requires fact (AND) fact requires indisputability (THEN) morality cannot be disputable. (IFF) morality is disputable then it does not logically qualify as morality per its own definition (and may be more precisely...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

THBT Homework should not be given out to students.

iAmMurtaza2003
rsz42

I believe that for this debate, I will be taking the PRO side. In this debate, I will be introducing some reasons for why homework is bad and how it doesn't help students learn better. Some of the points I will be covering will be the fact that a lot of the time homework is simply busy work. How much will you really learn from a standardized worksheet? If homework does not provide opportunities for meaningful learning experiences, it's unlikely that most students will get a lot out of it. As a p...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

IOT and Privacy

Emil-soerup
Coveny

Join in with you position...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Farming animals should be illegal

nil29
Eutropios1

I am for animal farming being illegal purely because of the detrimental environmental effects. It is the largest contributor towards global warming and environmental companies aren't doing anything about it. Due to animal agriculture, by 2050, Co2 emissions will have increased by 80%. It's destroying our planet and I can't understand why people are okay with this just because meat is 'tasty'. The amount of water that goes into a making one burger is 6000 litres. Think about how ridiculous the co...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

More Guns Creates a Safer Society

TheColtEqualizer
Zoecri

Hi, so I saw your opinion on assault weapons and I thought you may like to have a debate concerning the 2nd Amendment and Gun Rights. My position is that more guns = less crime, whilst your position will be the opposite (more guns = more crime). If this debate is not satisfactory to you, please counter-propose a debate or send me a message....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Should AI in the future have rights?

Zoecri
TheColtEqualizer

Technology is rapidly being developed, and it's clear that we will have developed full AI in the near future. If we create Artificial intelligence that can think, feel, and learn just like humans, they deserve the exact same rights as humans. If you would give a human rights, then you should give rights to something exactly like a human. It just makes sense....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

'Trigger Warnings' stifle debate

benjaminhunt
QueenDaisy

" Safe spaces and trigger warnings are being used as a cudgel to promote homogenous thinking and curb dissent in higher academia. College is supposed to be about learning, about perspective, and the free exchange of ideas. Confronting an opinion or worldview that you may not share, or may not have considered is NECESSARILY uncomfortable. This whole notion that anything that would make you uncomfortable needs a trigger warning, or creating physical areas for thought bubble in "safe spaces" is no...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Women Athletes Should Be Payed Just As Much As Male Athletes

apawsomness
K.Risk

Women athletes are just as important as male athletes. Gender should not be part of sports....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Jesus was a schizophrenic madman

LuciferWept
Sonofcharl

So, I am proposing that Jesus of Nazareth, commonly called Jesus Christ by the adherents of the religion he is purported to have founded, was a schizophrenic madman.Rounds:Round 1: Acceptance and Opening Argument (Very Brief)Round 2: Argument Round 3: CounterArgument and Closing....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

friends

Kylie.Cunningham
Swindenland

friends can make you happy and make you feel good about yourself...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago