Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Universe could not come about through Natural Causes

tschuk
vi_spex

I would like to make the argument that the Universe could not have come about through natural causes, therefore the only option left is a Supernatural Creator. I am not arguing for any denominational god, but rather a Deist God. I expect for this debate to be civil, and for each party to refrain from insults. Thank you....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 37 Minutes Ago

Human suffering is bad

creedhunt
fullofhopkins

Resolution: The resolution is as stated in the title. Pro and Con will be debating over the immorality or negative value that human suffering has. BOP: Pro must prove that human suffering is bad. Con must only prove that pro's BOP has not been filled. Definitions: Suffering- The state or instance of feeling pain Bad- Of low or poor quality Rules: Debaters must accept the definitions stated above. Pro must write "No round as agreed" in the final round. Pro must start h...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 23 Minutes Ago

Should abortion be legal

Stuhan18
Ab_M

People will argue that abortion should not be legal because of immorality to the bible but what is immoral to the bible that is moral to our everyday lives 1. Women's Rights 2. Banks 3. Gay Marriage(some find this still immoral) But woman's rights also should extend to the right to what they can and cannot do with their bodies. When does life start some say when an egg is fertilized but could that egg become a FULLY FUNCTIONING human being no if it was not in the womb, the earliest survivor of a...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 31 Minutes Ago

Abortion

mwesigwa1
AFO

I'd like to debate someone on the topic of abortion. I'll be taking the position that it's immoral and constitutes murder....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Is God required for an account of moral ontology?

fullofhopkins
mwesigwa1

Moral ontology is the branch of meta-ethics that deals with the origin or existence of morality. Morality is often cited as proof that God exists, but this claim is usually not that atheists cannot decide right from wrong, but that without God, we have no foundation for morality. In other words, for morality to exist, it must be grounded on something, namely God. This is not a debate about moral epistemology, moral semantics, or normative ethics. It is about whether or not we can establish a...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Bullying is a good and essential aspect of childhood and should not be abolished

CalRed
Stuhan18

In schools, there is an effort to get rid of bullying as some kids have committed suicide as a result. I agree that extreme bullying and bullying in General should not be tolerated, however the focus should be on empowering students to face bullying, stand up for themselves and others, and develop a backbone. Unfortunately with the emphasis on the bully and getting rid of bullying so much kids lose important opportunities to defend themselves or be courageous in the face of peers. Being bullied...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Coke not Pepsi

CalRed
AlphaTBITW

CocaCola is better than Pepsi. Taste affects more areas in the mouth and is therefore a more enjoyable flavor. Has a richer more interesting history . Has better logo and branding. Prettier color when held up to the light....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 51 Minutes Ago

Exsistance of Extraterrestrial Life

Bookwormav
PsychoScientist

The first round is only to agree to debate. After that, it is a free for all. Please refrain from using profanity. Try to respect me and I will do the same in return....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

IVF Debate

stran1540
Caitlyn.Day

The basic benefits of IVF is to open the door of pregnancy to those who can't. Not only that, couples who have genetic diseases that could possibly pass on to their children can get the zygote screened before the implantation. (1) The both of the parent suffered from Cystic Fibrosis, a genetic disease that could pass on to their offspring. Though with the help of IVF, they were able to give birth to a normal offspring. This method is better than natural implantation, then undergo the screening....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Possibilities are Potentially Now

Chaosism
vi_spex

Hi again, vi_spex! Please accept this challenge if you *disagree* with the statements the below.I wish to argue that beliefs, although you deem them false, are acted upon as if they were true. In essence, possibilities should not be universally accepted as false, but rather a fair amount of them should be treated as "potentially true". I will also argue that you almost certainly would not still be alive today if you had no beliefs, as you claim.I hav...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago