Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

On balance, abortion is immoral

Philocat
triangle.128k

I am challenging triangle.128k to a debate regarding the morality of abortion. He seems quite convinced that abortion is morally justifiied, so I anticipate a lively intellectual discourse with him.Con will argue that abortion is morally justified, I will argue that it is not. The burden of proof is shared.DefinitionsAbortion: 'a medical procedure used to end a pregnancy and cause the death of the fetus'

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Abortion should be made illegal.

GMan7112
Death23

We all know what abortion is; or at least we think we do. We listen to the stories on the news, we read opinion articles in the paper arguing this or that, but we never really pay attention or try to understand. This needs to change. Abortion is harming families and people all over the world because the most vulnerable people on Earth are literally being ripped apart and desperate mothers are tricked into an unsafe procedure that will have lasting effects on her and her family because they feel...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Legality of Abortion.

SebUK
mycahrshelton

I would argue that abortion unless done due to rape, fetus deformation or because of a high risk to the women's health should be criminalised. The burden of proof would be shared....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should abortion be legal or illegal?

Arrogant
TBR

Could be your choice but is it your baby's? A mother kills her unborn child because it is unwanted, but she's not charged for murder. Is it right? There is about 46 million abortions per year worldwide, and approximately 115,000 per day, but why? Is it because rape or incest, health problems with either the mother or the child, or just because the baby's unwanted or inconvenient at the time? (The Alan Guttmacher Institute.) Abortion should be banned because too many babies are being killed f...

87 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Abortion

H2O2
qwzx

Hello and I would like to start by saying that I am looking for a philosophical/moral debate and not a religious one. My opinion on abortion is that it is wrong to kill a sentient life form and therefor if the baby can think I don't think a abortion should be allowed but up until then it is simply a part of the human body and therefor ok to abort...

5 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Abortion

Beondel
AidanRies

I will be arguing that abortion is immoral in this debate.Abortion, as per the definition that will be used in this argument is defined as: "The deliberate termination of a human pregnancy"The debate will have the format modeling that of a public forum debate:Round 1: acceptanceRound 2: speech from both sides (no rebuttals, only new points)Round 3: crossfire (rebuttals, new points/argume...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Abortion is wrong

applestoapples
400spartans

The premesise of the debate:1st round:I set the premesise2nd round:I lay out my points3rd round:You lay out your points4th round:I refute5th round:You refute...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Abortion

Riley15
Episteme

Many different procedures exist to carry out the process of abortion. According to Birth Mothers (an organization working to help women with unwanted pregnancies), one of the most commonly used types of abortion is a saline abortion. In a saline abortion, amniotic fluid is removed from the woman and replaced by a strong saline (salt) solution. As the fetus"s lungs absorb the salt solution, it begins to suffocate. It may struggle and may even have convulsions. The saline also burns off the fetus...

6 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Abortion

a_janis1
TheGoldMustache

Abortion is the killing of an innocent human being, the right to life is an inalienable right given to every innocent human being, therefore, abortion, as the direct result of the killing of an innocent human child, violates the inalienable right to life. Thus, abortion is wrong. I would like to argue against abortion. There is no layout other than that my opponent should first provide a retort to the paragraph stated above in round one. This is just a free discussion in a relaxed manner. Als...

Voting Period
60 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Abortion

TheGoldMustache
Zarroette

If abortion is murder, so is abstinence. Having an abortion is the equivalent of not getting pregnant in the first place....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago