Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion should in most cases be illegal

passwordstipulationssuck
Emilrose

Round one is just for stating your position and acceptance. rules 1. No ad hominems 2. No new arguments in final rebuttals 3. standard rules regarding dropped arguments apply. I will be arguing that abortions should be illegal except for when the pregnancy seriously jeopardizes the life of the mother. I am looking for someone who either believes that abortion should be legal in all instances or should be illegal despite any danger to the life of the mother....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abortion

Jammie
Aurelia

Here you go. Message me if you want to clear up anything, but I think we can just jump right in. I will clarify my stances: I believe human life begins at conception, Human life should be valued, Abortion is wrong, as murder is wrong and abortion is murder. As for your first round, just state your beliefs on this matter, as I have done. Then we can start. Thank you for accepting, and good luck....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Abortion

TeenDebater0236
Swindenland

Whether or not you're a religious person, abortion is wrong in all ways. Recently, I wrote an Argumentative Essay about abortion. I am stunned by all the evidences that it is wrong. The common argument, "It's the woman's body, she has the right to choose", is scientifically wrong. Every cell of the mother's tonsils, appendix, heart, and lungs shares the same genetic code. The unborn child also has a genetic code, distinctly different from his mother's. Every cell of his body is uniquely his, eac...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Abortion should be legal

christinatsabas
JohnDover6

Abortion should be legal to women because women have the right to do what they want with their bodies. As we progress in society it becomes more and more important for woman to take initiative amd decide for what they think will have the most postive impact in their life. If having the opportunity to decide whether abortion is most suitable is important for women today. According to Anne who wrote the article "what if abortion were illegal?" Says that of they were to make it illegal ot would cau...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Should abortion be allowed after 20 weeks?

Kalemac01
NDECD1441

I personally don't agree with abortion after 20 weeks, I would like to hear others opinions. The first round is for acceptance, in the past I've debated people that accept but never answer. So, please, if you are going to accept the debate, follow through to the end because it gets aggravating....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Abortion

Jammie
Coveny

I deliberately left the topic of this debate broad, to avoid contrived and un-passionate arguments. If you are firmly pro-choice, and are passionate about the so called right to choice, then I encourage you to debate me. If you choose to accept, then simply tell me you accept as your first argument, and then we can start. Good luck....

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Abortion is Immoral.

bfkennedy
DethKnot

I will take the stance of Pro-Life. I believe that a fetus is considered a form of human life and has the rights a human has from the moment of fertilization to birth. A few things to begin, scientists have established that life begins at fertilization (Princeton). With this in mind, it is important to understand that an abortion at any week during the pregnancy is the taking of a life, regardless of the physical traits that the fetus has yet&n...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Abortion

Jammie
MaximumRide879

Debating Period
17 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Abortion is Murder

NoahIsRight
melanielust

I will be arguing that abortion is murder. First round arguments, Second round rebuttals and Third round final words. According to online abortion statistics, over 14 million fetuses have been aborted. For comparison, Hitler only killed a rounded 6 million. If abortion is murder, this makes abortion clinics more evil than Adolf Hitler. "But the difference is the jews didn't WANT to be killed. All the women who had abortions chose to have an abortion." To that I say, and what about the fetu...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Abortion

micellio
TheMarketLibertarian

Abortion is the biggest moral sin that we as a society have accepted since slavery. A woman's "right" to choose whether her child lives or dies is unacceptable and should be prohibited. Every person's life has meaning and to rob an unborn child of their right to life is a horrendous act that should never go unpunished. I am not saying I want to control what a woman does with her body but I am saying that everyone must follow the law and not commit murder....

Voting Period
23 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago