Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion

Jacobbruce
anaklusmos

It's a scientific fact that life begins at conception. If you abort an unborn baby you're ending it's life, thus killing it....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Minutes Ago

Does Abortion Kill a Baby?

Godstruth
paradoxnoname

I want to debate someone who believes that abortion is not murder, because it does not kill a baby. I will argue the opposite. I believe that abortion is the termination of a human life, created by God, thus is murder. First round is acceptance only. Second round is for arguments, no rebuttals, and the last two rounds are for arguments and rebuttals. Good luck, opponent!...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should abortion be legal

MiguelF
n.vaughan

Abortions should be legal as Personhood begins after a fetus becomes viable or after birth, not at conception. According to the U.S. Supreme Court a person is to get their age when they are out of the mother's womb and breathing oxygen starting at the 0 mark eventually working their way up to be 1 years old....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Abortion should only be legal until a way is found to safely bring an embryo to term in a lab.

dipper
passwordstipulationssuck

Anyone taking an unconditional stance on abortion, whether in favor of it or opposed to it, would potentially be an acceptable opponent for this debate. Pity that the system doesn't allow for three sides, because I'd ideally have liked to see one representative from each camp. I'm approaching my position on this argument from a somewhat United States oriented ethical philosophy, so it would be helpful if you were generally accepting of US philosophies, at least in terms of the contents of the...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Abortion should be legal in all states.

booknerd0720
bodog

Abortion should remain legal; in all states. Making abortions illegal would be a violation of our constitution. The fourteenth amendment, a part of our constitution, clearly states, "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property." Women's bodies are just that, women's. They should not be deprived of doing as they see fit with their body. It goes against what our country was founded on- freedom. Freedom to choose. Freedom to choose our president, senators, religion, and opi...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Abortion, is it murder?

TheExceptionalNarcissist
Nsgid

This is something I've been tossing around for a while and I want someone to debunk what I am about to say. My point is this: If you are aborting a child, what separates that from murder? Let's say I kill an 82-year-old man, logically speaking, that man had 82 years to live his life to the fullest, certainly murdering him is wrong, but let's say I kill a newborn infant, that is certainly as bad, if not worse! So shouldn't killing a child that has yet to be born be even worse? If you had not abor...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Abortion

Brennan_meuzik
HereComesTrouble

So this argument has been going on for a while now, but allow me to put this thing to rest. I am 100% Pro-life, and I will never change that. The people I have had this argument with in the past have labeled me as someone who is against women's rights, and that is not true. I am simply against murder. Especially the murder of innocent, unborn children. The argument that the people in the past have used against me is that the baby isn't born yet so technically it is not murder. However, l...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Does a 10 year old rape victim have the right to choose abortion?

DanaForYeshua
yahmumgey

The first round is for acceptance. I read an article about a 10 year old girl who was raped by her stepfather and got pregnant. She had an abortion. Her A@@hole church kicked her out....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Abortion

chrisl3
Sinque

Pro= Pro choice Con= Pro life I would like to have a discussion on the morality of the topic of abortion, and also the legality of it. I personally find abortion a deeply troubling moral subject that we as a society need to come to a consensus about. I think Roe v. Wade was wrongfully decided. Not only on a moral standing, but on a legal standing to....

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Abortion

chrisl3
Haasinator

I consider myself a libertarian when it comes to my political beliefs. The basic principles of liberalism is something I absolutely believe in. The one topic where liberals and libertarians completely lose me is the idea of Abortion. I have never seen a convincing argument for being pro choice that doesn't contradict itself with just a little bit of critical thinking. I am looking for a productive conversation with someone on the other side....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago