Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion

sara_ann_dee
treacyk

The US Supreme Court has declared abortion to be a "fundamental right" guaranteed by the US Constitution. The landmark abortion case Roe v. Wade, decided on Jan. 22, 1973 in favor of abortion rights, remains the law of the land. The 7-2 decision stated that the Constitution gives "a guarantee of certain areas or zones of privacy," and that "This right of privacy... is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." [49] Reproductive choice empowers w...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Abortion is murder

Death23
blackprtzl

Voting ELO 2,000 minimum. First round, acceptance only. You troll, you lose. You flake, you lose. Last round, rebuttals only. No new arguments. All citations to sources must be within the debate. No citations to sources in the comments. All citations to sources must be online only and working links must be provided so that the source may be examined by the opponent. No offline sources may be used as they cannot be scrutinized with reasonable ease. All citations to sources mu...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Abortion

Reformist
Glitter2998

I will be arguing against Glitter on abortionResolution: Abortion should be legalRules-FF is automatic loss-Rule 1 is acceptance only-BoP is shared-No semantics about the round 1 rulesHappy to debate ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Abortion should be illegal

Anonymous13579
sanjee.kmrr20

Abortion should be illegal...how could you live knowing you killed your child. You should murdier because you're scared..man up! You can give it up for adoption knowing it will live a good life and not be killed by your mother! How would you feel if your mom didn't want you and killed you you wouldn't be here today. If you think abortion is ok your basically saying it's OK to kill babies! No IT ISNT...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

abortion

onlyy1goddess
persianimmortal

I am pro abortion because I don't look at the specific action, I look at everything as a whole. You should be able to decide whether or not they are ready to have children or not. No one should be forced to take on such a big responsibility, especially when it doesn't just affect 1 individuals life. I am pro abortion...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Abortion

Luma
Glitter2998

Abortion isn't murder. Fetuses aren't sentient beings, and the only time that abortions could be performed when they are sentient is in cases of medical emergencies. Abortion needs to stay safe and legal. Not everyone has access to contraceptives, and there are still cases of rape, incest, abuse, etc. Making abortion illegal would not stop abortions, only make them more dangerous. "Coat hanger" abortions pose a serious risk to the pregnant person, they could die from internal bleeding, infection...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

abortion

orangejuicethug
ThatOneNerd00

abortion should be legal...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

The Morality of Abortion

PossieTV
philochristos

This debate will center around the question, "At what point in a human pregnancy is abortion acceptable if at all?". I will be taking a conservative position on the pro-life movement. My assertion is that life begins at conception and at no point in a pregnancy is abortion acceptable. Rules -------- 1. Be mature and professional 2. Use the terms pro-life movement and pro-choice movement (Use of terms like pro-abortion, anti-abortion, anti-life, etc is unnecessary and could be considered ad...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Abortion should be made illegal in the United States.

klaralein
lannan13

My stance is that abortion should not be made illegal. The first argument is the acceptance....

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abortion

Ariesx
jared8844

Round 1-Acceptance, Round 2-Cases, Round 3-Rebuttals, Round 4-Defense We will be arguing strictly from a moral perspective not a legal perspective. I will claim that abortion is immoral, while my opponent argues that it is the right thing to do....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago