Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: The Unwind solution is a better solution to abortion than a Modest Purposial.

lannan13

This debate shall be about these two pieces of satire. The Unwind series by Neal Shusterman and A Modest Purposial by Johnathan Swift. Rules Round 1 is for definitions by Pro while Con will make his opening arguments. Round 2 Pro will make contentions and rebuttles, while Con Refutes. Round 3 is rebuttles by Pro and Con makes rebuttles and Conclusion....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Abortion

KatieKat99
alyfish126

I stand in firm opposition of the resolution Abortion should be made illegal within the US. First round is acceptance. Todays debate should be run in typical Parliamentary format if points are dropped that is a point for the opposing team....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Abortion is murder.

JohnDoe2014
Pfalcon1318

Abortion has undoubtedly become a serious issue in today's world. People are debating the legality and ethicality of abortion, and they have developed different opinions on the subject. I believe that abortion is murder, and that it is unethical in many senses. The first round will be used solely for the opening arguments. The second and third rounds will be used for the main arguments, and for the rebuttal of the arguments of the opponent. The fourth round will be used for the closing arguments...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

abortion

janes5a
18Karl

having an abortion is a women's right. if a women got pregnant and is not financially fit to raise the baby. or just doesn't want to take care and love the baby then yes abortion is the right way to go. there is no point of bringing a child into this world so that it can bounce from group home to group home never knowing who its real parents are....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abortion is Wrong

rugbypro5
Illegalcombatant

I am taking the stance that abortion is wrong in all cases except when the death of the mother is unpreventable. Feel free to post your first argument in Round 1....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Abortion should be made Illegal

Firaxxa
AlternativeDavid

Hello I'm looking to Debate with someone about Abortion but first of all let me make some things clear. 1. I am NOT a Christian nor do I follow any Faith nor am I a Scientific illiterate who thinks Fetus's are real People. I just find it wrong to deny a Human Being Life before it even exists. 2. I will not Debate with someone who uses "Your just a Misogynist Pig!" as a argument this is just not the case. 3.A common refute for People with my Mentality is "well it's better for them to not...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Should Abortion Be Legal Or Illegal?

Disa6060
AlternativeDavid

Abortion should be illegal. The reason why I say this is because, abortion is like murder. I you feel like you are not ready to take care of a baby, then you should make the right choice and give it up for adoption. Or, you could take your baby to a fire station/ police station. No girl/woman should ever think about getting an abortion....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Abortion Is Morally Wrong

AlexanderOc
KevinLomaxESQ

First round is acceptance.I. DisclosureAs a forewarning to all readers, I will be arguing with semantics. If you dislike that type of argument, please do not vote. I only wish to see objective voters who decide the winner based solely on the correctness of his argument, not the means in which it is presented.I will be taking the stance that abortion is morally wrong. To affirm this resolution I will be connecting various definitions to sh...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Abortion is immoral

Dookieman
Guidestone

First round is for acceptance. Second round is for opening statements by Pro and Con (no rebuttals). Third round for first rebuttals. Fourth round for second rebuttals and concluding remarks. This debate will be centered on the moral issue concerning abortion, so do not bring Roe v. Wade or the law into this discussion. It's about the moral issue only. Pro and Con will also not be allowed to argue whether morality is objective or subjective. Because it's not relevant to the topic at hand....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Abortion is Morally okay

kip.mock
Commondebator

To my opponent: Please keep this respectful and calm. I don't want to offend anyone, my goal is to understand your position more thoroughly...that said, let's go. My position on abortion is that it is morally wrong. I'd like to start by addressing a few common arguments made by pro-choicers. 1. We're pro-choice, not pro-death. Basically, we're in favor of everyone deciding for themselves rather than there being a strict definition of what you can and can't do. a) I'm not saying you ha...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago