Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion

SuperAwesomeMusician
SupaDudz

Abortion has been a very controversial topic for a long time. For those who do not know what an abortion is, the dictionary defines it as "the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy". In other words, ending the baby's life before it is born. First round is for acceptance and opening arguments. Rounds 2,3, and 4 are for rebuttals and counterarguments, and round 5 is for final countering and conclusions. As implied, I will be taking the con side, meaning th...

Debating Period
17 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Abortion

bossyburrito
SeventhProfessor

R1 is for acceptance only; no new arguments in the last round. Other than that, everything (excluding blatantly anti-debate practices like Google Doc links to avoid the character limit) is fair game.Alt accounts of ours are allowed to vote.If Zarroette votes, the member she votes for instantly wins. Definitions"Should" implies moral desirability.A "living constitution" is one that " . . . changes over time, and adapts to new circums...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Abortion

Ruebels
NDECD1441

Abortion is the killing of a human life. The question of when life begins and viability is a fluid situation depending on many variables....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Does abortion "unrape" a woman or girl?

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
WilliamSchulz

Yhe first round is for acceptance....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should Financial abortion

Mariodude34500
JohnSmythe

This debate is about if Financial abortion should be legal or not. I'm will argue that it should and my opponent should argue that it shouldn't. If you don't know financial abortion is the idea that a father should be able to opt out of being a parent before the baby is born. So before a certain point in the pregnancy the father can choose to opt out of any responsibility for the child. So no child support essentially. In exchange he gives up all rights of a father visitation, tax benefits,...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Abortion is Morally Wrong

CrossOver12
Bitch_Goddess

I just read the debate you recently had regarding the beginning of life, and my heart hurt to read such a poorly constructed 'pro' argument. I'm new to Debate.org, so I thought I'd hopefully offer a better challenge on said topic. Good luck!...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

is abortion moral

Roganjoesloan
ConserativeDemocrat

My position on this particular subject is no matter what happened no matter what you are going through even if the baby is going to wreak your short term life you can't bring a baby back from the dead when it's convenient the baby does not deserve to die because its mother got raped or went to that wild party and in the small chance of teen pregnancy I don't think that teens should be pregnant but once they get pregnant they should have to give birth of course with assistance I can not think of...

24 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

abortion?

Debatwinnerpro
MrBurns2017

first off: Most pro-choice people will say "What about rape? Or incest?" well i would like to say there are some acceptions. However... Only 1% of abortions in the USA are because of rape or incest. And Health problems of the mother are only responsible for 3% of abortions Pro-choice people also bring up the argument "Its their Body and their choice" well it is not their body. The baby has different a different set of DNA, sometimes a different gender, and a different blood type. You cant h...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Should teenagers have access to abortion?

yanagurl136
bigdave

Abortion is never something that should be decided for a young woman by someone else. It is an extremely personal thing and with Trump attempting to block it for some people, it is no longer so personal. Just because you are under the age of eighteen does not change the fact that you still deserve respect and dignity. If she is raped or a victim of incest or for practically any reason at all, she should still have the right to a legal and safe abortion....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

abortion?

Debatwinnerpro
ashoup

First round is acceptance! I am against abortion......

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago