Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Animal rights

Ketuvim
talmid

In this debate I will express my views that animals should have rights, my first point to make here is a few scriptures, Genesis 2:15: "Adonai, G-d, took the person and put him in the garden of "Eden to cultivate and care for it." Yonah 4:11 "So shouldn"t I be concerned about the great city of Ninveh, in which there are more than 120,000 people who don"t know their right hand from their left " not to mention all the animals?" Please note: 1. G-d made humans "to take care of the garden",...

Debating Period
21 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Animal Rights

Wolfie101
lannan13

I think that animals are not necessarily more or less than humans. It's impossible to rank life. For example, by better, what do you mean? Smarter? If so, should smart humans be able to mistreat less than average humans? How do you even define intelligence in a way that holds true for every species on planet earth and beyond? If it's physical ability, we are sorely lacking. In fact, take away our tools and we're useless. Besides, even if we are superior, why would we mistreat animals when there'...

0 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Animal Rights

SamanthaLynn
Dr.TurkeyBaster

I think animals should have rights. Why shouldn't they? They're animals, WE are animals. What's the difference? With medical and makeup testing, If the technology or makeup is for humans, test it on humans! Rats and Bunnies might have similar DNA to us but they aren't us. They could have different reactions. Also with situations like PETA, they stand up for animals and take them in but after a weeks or two, the ones that didn't get adopted, get thrown into barrels and gassed. Fight me....

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Animal rights

sharkba1twhohaha
WCBC15

I am debating the topic of Animal rights. I believe that animals deserve to have rights just as people do. Animals are sentient just as much as humans. They are able to feel and experience things such as belonging, hurt, happiness and fear. Throughout their lives they have no control over their future and well being. We as humans have taken over their lives and continue to make choices for all animals. Although many of these animals are given homes and or loving families, some are put in situa...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Animal rights

JakeFitz
ImmortalVoddoler

Animals are our friends...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

My 150th Debate: Animal Rights

bsh1
FourTrouble

PrefaceThis will be my 150th debate! Having advertised for competitors and topics, I am thrilled to have FT as my opponent, given his record of debating success on the site. It should be an intense challenge, and I'm truly looking forward to it.To vote on this debate, you must have at least 3,000 ELO.Full TopicJustice requires the recognition of animal rights.TermsThe f...

163 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Team Debate: Animal Rights

tejretics
Yonko

== Intro ==This is a team debate, with myself and Fkkize [http://www.debate.org/Fkkize/] pitting ourselves against whomever accepts. We're looking forward to a deep, interesting, engaging discourse. The opposing team consists of Wylted [http://www.debate.org/Wylted/] and Yonko [http://www.debate.org/Yonko/]. Per Wylted's request, I am challenging Yonko...

25 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Resolved: Animal Rights Ought To Be Recognized In Society

famousdebater
The_Commander

Resolved: Animal Rights Ought To Be Recognised In Society Rules Round 1 is acceptance No trollingNo forfeiture The Burden Of Proof is shared Definitions Animal Right...

32 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Animal Rights Ought to be recognized in society

famousdebater
Zaradi

Resolved: Animal Rights Ought To Be Recognised In Society Rules Round 1 is acceptance No trollingNo forfeiture The Burden Of Proof is shared To accept you must be older than 13To accept you must also have completed 40 debatesYou must have an elo above 3000 otherwise<...

78 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Animal rights

TheQuestionMark
lol101

Animal rights!!!!...

16 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago