Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

animal rights are equal to human rights

gamingrushil
JimShady

Animal rights are equal to human rights because the only difference between a humans and animals are humans brains are more advanced. so we believe animals shouldnt get slaughtered and eaten just for others to pay off their mortgage. so believe that we shouldn't harm animals and when they hurt us it is only because we have hurt them....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Animal Rights

Joey888
fire_wings

Hello. I am doing several debates on the Big Issues. This is my third. The topic for this debate is animal rights. Should we give animals rights? That is what we will discuss in this debate. For the first round, I will explain the rules and my opponent will accept. I am for animal rights while my opponent is against animal rights. For the second round, I will place arguments and my opponent will provide a counter-framework. For the third round, my opponent and I will rebut the arguments placed i...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Persuasive Debate: Animal Rights

fire_wings
missbailey8

Full Resolution; Persuasive Speech Debate Writing Format: Animal RightsI thank my opponent missbailey for doing this with me, and I thank Rosalie which made this program. This is a persuasive speech debate, no BoP, no rebuttals, just your arguments to convice the vo...

88 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Justice requires the recognition of animal rights

tejretics
lord_megatron

First round is for acceptance. No new arguments in the final round. BOP is shared (i.e. offense is expected from both sides). "Opt-in" voting standards apply (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vWrUtwoRSvVqxw9MmqeajStGDbiXpYxPy2_pN6toOFM/edit?usp=sharing)....

3 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Animal rights are meaningless from a secular viewpoint

AsianCalamari
Yugandda

Introduction:This is my first attempt at a debate on DDO, and I look forward to an interesting and engaging conversation.In this debate, we will be arguing from a purely secular viewpoint; Con cannot use a religious argument such as "Religion X states that animals should not be killed". Likewise, Pro cannot use the argument "Religion Y permits the killing of animals".I, Pro, will argue that the concept of animals being entitled to rights is arbitrary through the lens of a secular worldview - it...

3 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Animal Rights

alex_truett
lannan13

All animals have a right to life. They were born into this world having the right to have someone care for it like a new born baby. Helpless and unknowing of what this world is capable of. How this world can destroy a life. No one has the right to decide whether or not someone or something should live or die. I stand with the side of life and try to protect what I can because I love animals. I'm not saying everyone has to love animals, but not liking animals does not give the right to kill an an...

2 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Animal rights

SocialDemocrat
alissamcg8703

I am against animal rights. I shall define animal rights. Animal rights-rights believed to belong to animals to live free from use in medical research, hunting, and any and all other services to humans. Whoever accepts shall say why animal rights are a positive and should stay in place. Burden of proof is shared here....

4 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

Animal Rights

fire_wings
tejretics

Debate for Tejretics. Full Resolution: Animals should have rightsI am Con, which means that Tejretics is Pro. Rules1. No forfeiting 2. No trolling3. I really want good votes here, so min. is 3500 ELO. Sorry for people who are in the 3000-3400s.4. Tej starts arguing in round 1, and waives the final round5. No kritiks or semantics...

45 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

Animal Rights

fire_wings
cam25aus

Full Resolution: Animals should have rightsI am Con, which means that my opponent is Pro. Rules1. No forfeiting2. No trolling...

69 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

What kind of life has a right to life? (abortion, animal rights, etc)

Bound_Up
Elise_A

Some might call this a debate about whether abortion is moral or not. I've titled it so as to indicate what I think is the key issue at play. Unborn humans are alive, yes, but we don't think ending all kinds of life is murder, like killing animals (if you're cool with that) or killing less cute animals like mosquitos (if you're vegan or something). And clearly some think it's okay to kill even certain kinds of human living things, trivial (like living human skin cells) and nontrivial (like...

1 Comments
Updated 7 Months Ago