Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Seaworld does not respect animal rights and should be shut down.

ctoscano99
DrFuzenstein

Seaworld does not respect animal rights and should be shut down. I look forward to this debate, and will post my first arguments after someone responds....

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Animal Rights

lunatic987
pipster229

For your information we are also considered animals, yet WE have rights. Humans are defined as "mammals" which is a type of animal....

1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Animal Rights

tejretics
RoyalFlush100

*This debate is closed. Please leave a message in the comments to apply.*IntroductionThis debate is about the ethical requirement of animal rights in society. Members of any Elo can apply to accept via. the comments. While I h...

31 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

March Beginners Tournament: Animal Rights

tejretics
Skepticalone

IntroductionThis debate is a direct challenge to @Skepticalone as a part of @Bsh1's March Official Beginner's Tournament. Thanks to @Skepticalone for agreeing with me on the topic. Rules

29 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Zaradi's Prized Tournament: Animal Rights

bsh1
16kadams

PrefaceThis is the Semi-Final round of Zaradi's Prize Debate Tournament. I want to extend my thanks to Zaradi for hosting and for being magnanimous enough to attach a prize to this tournament. I also want to thank 16k--it may have taken us awhile to agree on a topic (and by "awhile" I mean eons...), but we got here nonetheless :)This is a judge-only, "select winner" debate. The judges are Raisor, Dalt, Endark, BV, Cermank, Wylted, Bluesteel, Thett, Z...

182 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Animal Rights

NannaVG
maathildehansen

Estimated 26 million animals are used for commercial and scientific testing every year in the U.S. Used to determine the toxicity of medication and to develop medical treatments, that is destined for human use. How come we allow these creatures to be tortured and killed? People might think it is a necessary evil to improve the survival of the human race. They might be right too but researches have figured out that animals are a lot more like us. The animals have feel...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Animal Rights

tejretics
Loverboy56

This is the Animal Rights debate. I will debate for the proposition. The rules are as follows: 1. In Round 1, I have thus revealed the rules. Con can begin the debate with the first argument and MUST FORFEIT ROUND 5. 2. In this debate, ANIMAL WELFARE being opposed to ANIMAL RIGHTS is STRICTLY DISALLOWED. The argument by Con must be against BOTH ANIMAL WELFARE AND ANIMAL RIGHTS. 3. All arguments should be pertaining to the definitions GIVEN BELOW, and definitions from other dictionaries, or...

2 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Animal Rights

tejretics
mgajjar

"Animal" is hereby defined as a sentient multicellular eukaryotic organism of the kingdom Animalia, with the ability to process pain and/or emotions. Sponges and simple polyps and medusans, for example, are excluded from this defining category; according to this definition, only fairly complex non-human species of the kingdom Animalia with a proper nervous system and the ability of a level of motion. Primarily, this debate deals with: mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, cephalopods, gast...

6 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Animal Rights

tejretics
Ra1n

This is the Animal Rights debate. It lasts 3 hours per round, with 3 rounds. Each argument can have a maximum of 10,000 characters. The topic is animal rights, which I strongly support. Animal rights is hereby defined as: the idea that all non-human sentient animals are entitled to the possession of their own lives, and deserve proper welfare. In this debate's definitions (though the definition might be slightly inaccurate), animal rights is inclusive of animal welfare, and therefore animal ri...

3 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Animal rights

TheRaceTo9K
Mike_10-4

They shouldn't have rights...

5 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago