Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Death Penalty

savannah.greene241
Philocat

I feel that the death penalty should be used in all states. Not for all crimes, but for the serious felonies. For instance, if someone were to murder, the death penalty should be the automatic punishment. An eye for an eye, if you take a life, then yours shall be taken as well....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is Death Penalty Right??

meghapaulson
drewyman83

I personally believe that death penalty is wrong since the purpose of punishment to learn something from it, so if a kid grows up to murder someone for their wallet or just for fun, and they are in turn put to death, they are taught precisely nothing, because they are no longer alive to learn from it. We cannot rehabilitate a person by killing him or her. It is strange that a nation would denounce the practice of murder by committing the very same act. By doing so, we"re essentially championing...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

The Death Penalty is the Law

Zack95
kasmic

There is a large argument about the Death Penalty and how it is inhuman or unconstitutional. Your reasons is invalid and unrealistic, this is the Law people, a law thought out carefully to uphold our justice, Protecting our rights....

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Death penalty

bobert_435
kaitcline123

The death penalty should be illegal because someone could be seriously hurt or sometimes, someone could die ):...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

MiniDebate #1 (Death Penalty)

mdc32
Imperfiect

This is a MiniDebate. 500 characters only.RulesDO NOT ACCEPT THIS. IT SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE. Leave a topic in comments. I will choose who gets it.Voters will not give points for S&G because of the 500 char max, unless one person FFs and voter is awarding all points to other person.Source links can be shortened w/ a servic...

21 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

100 debate challenge 4: This House supports the death penalty

Wylted
Ameliamk1

Full Topic This House supports the death penalty Rules1. Pro accepts the sole BOP2. No forfeits3. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be provided in the text of the debate4. No new arguments in the final r...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

the death penalty should be legalized everywhere

shakeema-justice.com
AbandonedSpring

uhh this is my first debate I am really excited to get a feel for this whole debate thing. im hoping that this will get me all warmed up for the debate team. so please be hard on me (I wont cry) because I will be going up against people of much higher grades than me. I think it is time for us to talk about how we deal with individuals who just don't have any morals at all and just don"t care about the majority of society...

1 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Should the death penalty be illegal?

EliasL
savannah1006

I believe that the death penalty should be illegal in ALL states (and the world for that matter) due to the fact that there is no crime that should be punishable by death. For example, if there is a murder (i.e. Jodi Arias), and the defendant is found guilty, the government has no right to kill him/her due to the fact that this too is murder....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should we keep the death penalty?

august55433
Mister_Man

I believe that we should keep the death penalty. I feel that people who have committed crimes against humanity, don't deserve to live. They certainly are not worth the $168,00 dollars that we spend on them per year in prisons. That's why I think we should keep the death penalty and I expect a lively debate with my opponent! Thank you....

7 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Bring back the death penalty for murderers in England.

stef16
leoghakj

My opening argument is simple: Murderers do not care about the human rights of their victims, so should not have any rights themselves. Article 3 of the universal declaration of human rights is "Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person." (http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml#a2) The murderer denied their victim that, so why should they get it themselves? If the murderer won't respect other people's human rights they should forfeit their own human rights as well....

4 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago