Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should the death penalty be abolished?

jackgilbert
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

The death penalty should not be abolished. It provides justice for murder victims families and deters crime. Abolishing the death penalty will result in absolutely no benefits....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should the Death Penalty be allowed?

Intellisio
Thoughtmoldbreak

The Death Penalty should not be allowed. The first round is for acceptance. Thank you!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should there be a death penalty?

annie04
AyyyyyyLmao

I think the death penalty should enforce. The death penalty(capital punishment) is depriving felons lives to punish them. Korea stopped maintain the death penalty 1997. But I think Korea needs to maintain the death penalty. Of course, the punishment must always fit the crime. Now think about the felons like serial killers. 1973 Isaac Ehrlich showed every inmate who was executed, 7 lives were spared because others were deterred from committing murder. States with high murder rates would have...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is the Death Penalty Morally Acceptable?

Karolenc22
SupaDudz

In this argument, we will not be debating in the first round. Just to clarify I am morally opposed from the death penalty. Thanks....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should the Death Penalty be Allowed?

Intellisio
Maryam_mosawy

The Death Penalty should not be allowed. The first round is for acceptance. Please state your argument and we will begin our debate in Round 2. Thank You!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should the death penalty be abolished?

jackgilbert
skiman71

The death penalty should not be abolished. For many years the US has had the capital punishment system to put an end to all crime. We should continue to have the death penalty for many reasons. My first argument is that the death penalty should not be abolished is because it provides a sense of closure for people who have had family members murdered. By putting the criminal to death, you are giving family member a sense that it is all over and the killer is dead. For example, on Thanksgiving D...

1 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Should the death penalty be abolished?

jackgilbert
tenyearsoflight

The death penalty should not be abolished. Studies say it deters crime, and it provides justice to murder victims family members....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the death penalty be abolished?

jackgilbert
Hugo_Head

The death penalty should not be abolished. The death penalty provides justice for murder victims family members, and has shown to deter crime....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The death penalty should be abolished

Anastasia4368
Nuevo

We live in a world where there are certain moral absolutes that have to be enforced. One of these absolutes is the sacredness of human life. Anyone that takes human lives or gravely threatens its existence, therefore, should be dealt the harshest punishment we can conceive of death. Moral values do not exist on their own, they have to be promoted and supported by society at large. In modern and civilized societies the supporters of capital death have decreased in number. Critics view the death...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Did the nazis deserve the death penalty

xxLunnarisxx
SimonSmasher

I mean no disrespect to the victims. By no any means am I saying that I support those responsible for this horrific crime. In my opinion the way we handled this situation was very hypocrite. People who were condemned for killing were murdered. I know this is a very simplistic aproach to the torture they actually executed but, all I am trying to say is that I think that killing is wrong, whoever it is, and most people seem to agree with that statement when presented this way. However, there seem...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago