Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abolition of the Death Penalty

tejretics

PrefaceThis is a "plan" topic on the abolition of the death penalty in the United States. As such, Pro shall propose a plan that involves: (1) the abolition of the death penalty, and (2) an alternative to such punishment. Con shall defend some form of capital punishment, and is allowed to propose a counterplan to minimize/remove the harms of the current system involving capital punishment.This debate is impossible to accept. If you accept witho...

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

I think the felony should decide if they want life in prison or death penalty

Jacob1030
hldemi

I think that the felony should decide if they want life in prison or the death penalty. I think its makes that whole situation more humane....

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Resolved: A just society ought not use the death penalty as a form of punishment.

Khaos_Mage
UtherPenguin

This is for 1Harderthanyouknow's August Beginners Tourney.Definitions:just: based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fairsociety: the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered communityought: indicating a moral desirabilitydeath penalty: the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

The death penalty should be abolished in the United States of America

tajshar2k
Midnight1131

ResolutionThe United States of America should abolish the Death Penalty. My position on this is Con, therefore I will be arguing that the death penalty should not be abolished. My opponent Midnight1131, will be arguing that it should be abolished. Since he is changing the status quo, the BOP will be on him....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The death penalty should NOT be allowed

sara_ann_dee
tajshar2k

Hello and thank you for joining my debate I will be arguing in favor of not allowing the death penalty in the United States.This is how the debate will be layed out:1st round: Acceptence only (anything more will be an automatic forfeit)!2nd round: Opening argument / statement3rd round: first round of counterarguments4th round: Final counterarguments and closeing statementAny violation to the setup will result in an automatic forfe...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Death Penalty should be abolished

Midnight1131
The_American_Sniper

This challenge is issued to The_American_Sniper. The debate will be structured in the following manner. 1st round acceptance2nd round arguments3rd round rebutalls4th round defense.Definitions - From Oxford DictionariesDeath Penalty - the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime.Abolish...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

The death penalty should NOT be allowed

sara_ann_dee
SnaxAttack

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

The Death Penalty

ansuma
Addison98

I am arguing that the death penalty should be abolished. The death penalty has been used since ancient history. Since then, the justice system has improved but it can not be perfect. Many a time the death penalty has resulted in false execution. Another problem is that juries are less willing to convict if they know the suspect will die, leading to the release of the actual criminal. It also costs more and is morally wrong....

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Death Penalty Should be Ended for ALL Cases

zachHu1
SnaxAttack

Hello. I will be arguing that the United States of America should end the death penalty for all criminal cases. The rounds will go as follows: 1. Acceptance of challenge. Please do not include evidence to support your case. 2. Your case. This is where you will enter all of your supporting evidence. 3. Rebuttal. This is where you can discuss the opponent's case. 4. Final concluding arguments. Good luck, and may the best debater win....

4 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Dylann Roof death penalty

mars4435
OpinionPersom121

I understand that the person killed innocent people and that is a serious crime against humanity, especially the victim's close relatives and loved ones , but in the long-term putting Dylann Roof in life imprisonment is the best resolution. The way this would be best sentence instead of a death sentence is because if you were to sentence him to death he would feel only physical pain for a certain amount of time depending what type of way he dies ,while if you imprisoned him for life isolating hi...

1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago