Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Death Penalty

DebaterxXx
james14

First Round: Acceptance Preceding Rounds (2-3): Arguments/Refutes Last Round: Conclusions (restatement of previous points) Time to Argue: 72 hours Words: 8,000 characters GOOD LUCK!...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should the death penalty be outlawed

r4ndom.stuff
AHA9673

P1: As a member of society, one is bound by a social contract. It is in consensus that if one behaves wickedly and/or inflicts harm on others, whether intentional or not, such agreement is voided and a punishment that matches one’s crime ensues. P2: The death penalty serves as a severe method of punishment that can be used in...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

the death penalty should stay and not be abolished

CJJ80
Rizkaa

The death penalty should stay because the murderers have killed innocent lives and they should go to the death penalty for life and they never can get out again and then kill....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Death Penalty

savannah.greene241
Philocat

I feel that the death penalty should be used in all states. Not for all crimes, but for the serious felonies. For instance, if someone were to murder, the death penalty should be the automatic punishment. An eye for an eye, if you take a life, then yours shall be taken as well....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Is Death Penalty Right??

meghapaulson
drewyman83

I personally believe that death penalty is wrong since the purpose of punishment to learn something from it, so if a kid grows up to murder someone for their wallet or just for fun, and they are in turn put to death, they are taught precisely nothing, because they are no longer alive to learn from it. We cannot rehabilitate a person by killing him or her. It is strange that a nation would denounce the practice of murder by committing the very same act. By doing so, we"re essentially championing...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty is the Law

Zack95
kasmic

There is a large argument about the Death Penalty and how it is inhuman or unconstitutional. Your reasons is invalid and unrealistic, this is the Law people, a law thought out carefully to uphold our justice, Protecting our rights....

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Death penalty

bobert_435
kaitcline123

The death penalty should be illegal because someone could be seriously hurt or sometimes, someone could die ):...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

MiniDebate #1 (Death Penalty)

mdc32
Imperfiect

This is a MiniDebate. 500 characters only.RulesDO NOT ACCEPT THIS. IT SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE. Leave a topic in comments. I will choose who gets it.Voters will not give points for S&G because of the 500 char max, unless one person FFs and voter is awarding all points to other person.Source links can be shortened w/ a servic...

21 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

100 debate challenge 4: This House supports the death penalty

Wylted
Ameliamk1

Full Topic This House supports the death penalty Rules1. Pro accepts the sole BOP2. No forfeits3. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be provided in the text of the debate4. No new arguments in the final r...

2 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

the death penalty should be legalized everywhere

shakeema-justice.com
AbandonedSpring

uhh this is my first debate I am really excited to get a feel for this whole debate thing. im hoping that this will get me all warmed up for the debate team. so please be hard on me (I wont cry) because I will be going up against people of much higher grades than me. I think it is time for us to talk about how we deal with individuals who just don't have any morals at all and just don"t care about the majority of society...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago