Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Death Penalty should be Abolished in all States

Ngipe33
Solomon_Orlando

I believe the death penalty should be abolished. I think that killing someone is never the solution, no matter what crime they've committed. People might say that a murder should receive the death penalty because the punishment is equal to the crime, but "an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". There are alternative punishments that I believe still serve justice but promote a more forgiving and merciful attitude in society....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Death Penalty in Iowa

ironheadjj
16kadams

Jared J 12 December 2014 Dead Wrong About the Death Penalty The Death Penalty, the ultimate punishment. But is it worth it? The death penalty was outlawed in Iowa in 1965. Now people think we should bring it back. Iowa should continue to not have the death penalty and use the alternative, life in prison. This is because it has some major flaws. First and foremost death penalty states have higher murder rates. In 2013 the average death penalty state murder rate was a 4.4. While non-...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Death penalty is preferable over life in prison without parole

jford16
ggivetz

I believe that the death penalty is preferable over life in prison without parole. The criminals who commit crimes that warrant life in prison such as murder, deserve the worst possible punishment. Why should we as tax paying citizens be required to fund the life of someone who has no chance of becoming part of society again?...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

life in prison without parole is preferable to the death penalty

mherrington
jpeel

I think that the death penalty is more preferable for prisoners even though it is not for the general public because they would rather have the death penalty then spend their entire lives in jail without a chance of getting out....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The death penalty

BOliver
Rmunafo

The death penalty is an effective deterrence to most potential murderers...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

death penalty

Aniv_Rince04
9spaceking

should the death penalty be allowed?...

1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Death Penalty should be instated

Dagolas
Jzyehoshua

In this debate we shall discuss weather the Death Penalty should be reinstated or not. You may take the following definitions: Death Penalty: A legal process wherein a person is put to death as a punishment for a crime. I will be taking the position of Pro/For, and will debate why I think the Death Penalty SHOULD be instated, my opponent will discuss why it should not. Thank you, Dag...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should we have the death Penalty? (Con is against death penalty)

ThadeusSmith
Leo.Messi

Currently there are 3,425 people on Death Row. An incredible 4% are innocent. This totals to 123 people who will be killed, even though they are innocent. The Death Penalty should not be allowed for 3 reasons. 1- It is Morally Wrong 2- It is expensive 3- It is unconstitutional Rules: There will be 5 rounds. Introduction, Argument 1, Argument 2, Argument 3, Conclusion. Any personal attacks on the other debater will result in an instant disqualification. Any logical fallacies can be poi...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should we abolish death penalty

Lee001
RESEARCHPreacher

I myself will be arguing that the death penalty should not be abolished and should be continued, First round is for acceptance....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The death penalty should be unconstitutional

WillDC22
Laxmaster24

I believe that the death penalty is unconstitutional, and that it should be made illegal in the United States. That pretty much sums it up...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago