Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The death penalty should remain in place

zmikecuber
Drago31

I believe that the death penalty should remain in place and I'd like to do a short debate about this. Round 1 is for acceptance....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The U.S. Death Penalty should remain active.

BenJWasson
migmag

Hey everyone!Some rules: -First round is acceptance only. -No semantics or ad hominem attacks. -Use actual evidence and cite sources please. -Have fun! A couple other things about my speeches: -If anyone doesn't know, a contention is another word for point or assertion, I will be using this word in my speeches. Also, c means contention as well (l...

7 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty should be Abolished in the United States of America

Midnight1131
harrytruman

Resolution: Resolved, the Death Penalty should be Abolished in the USA.Definitions: Death Penalty: the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime.The round structure is as follows:1. Acceptance2. Opening Arguments3. Rebuttals to opening arguments4. Defence from rebuttals to opening arguments [no new arguments in the final...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Death penalty (worldwide)

tinkercharms
SJM

100% pro about death penalty, Pedophiles/Molesters and 1st degree murderers should totally be punished by death for the crime(s) they have committed, you want to Rape, or sexually take advantage of children,,,, or anyone really for that matter, or murder someone, you dont belong on this earth....

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The United States should abolish the Death Penalty.

BenJWasson
Amedexyius

Hello everyone! I welcome anyone to accept this challenge. Some rules: -First round is acceptance only. -No semantics or ad hominem attacks. -Have fun. A couple other things about my speeches: -If anyone doesn't know, a contention is another word for point or assertion, I will be using this word in my speeches. Also, c means contention as well (like if I say C1 it means Contention 1. -Also, a criterion (also called standard) is something which the judge chooses who wins the debate b...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Death Penalty

anna0128
Normerican

Just debate all rounds, even the first one.We are killing a person! What if that person was innocent? There are many cases of innocents. It shows that there are 148 cases of this, and 4.1 percent are innocents!https://www.aclu.org/issues/capital-punishmenthttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/28/death-penalty-study-4-percent-defendants-innocent

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Death Penalty should be abolished

A_Wild_Chem
Lsumichiganfan

First round acceptance only, valid points, with facts that have been proved and preferably sourced. First round presenting points, second round is rebuttals, and third round is conclusion....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Death Penalty Should Be Abolished

Subutai
FaustianJustice

You asked to accept this.Full ResolutionThe death penalty should be abolished.Definitions The Death Penalty: "...the sentence of execution for murder and some other capital crimes (serious crimes, especially murder, which are punishable by death)."[1]Should: "Must; ought."[2]Abolished: "To do away with; put an end to; annul; make void."[3] Rules<...

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

should the death penalty exist

King3pic97
Ockham

I think the death penalty should be abolished because even though they are criminals they have rights to and the constitution says they have a right to life liberty and justice if they are killed that abuses there rights because they are stripped of their life right...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The death penalty should be give to murders, rapists, etc. regardless of mental conditions

Nate_Weis
SeanTheRanger

Yes their are people in the world who exit that are sexually assaulting people, and or murdering with out a care in the world, and they deserve death, but if that person is a mentally impaired person who can change, shouldn't they be allowed the chance to change and be fixed. Many have gone through a mentally traumatizing moment, or are mentally impaired and do not fully know what they are doing, and can not fully control their actions, and even not fully understand what their actions are to beg...

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago