Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Did the nazis deserve the death penalty

xxLunnarisxx
SimonSmasher

I mean no disrespect to the victims. By no any means am I saying that I support those responsible for this horrific crime. In my opinion the way we handled this situation was very hypocrite. People who were condemned for killing were murdered. I know this is a very simplistic aproach to the torture they actually executed but, all I am trying to say is that I think that killing is wrong, whoever it is, and most people seem to agree with that statement when presented this way. However, there seem...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should the death penalty be legal

Sumpop
PointyDelta

I wish to start my argument off by saying that I will do three different points, the first on morality, the second on the cost of the death penalty and the third on closer for the family that has been wronged. I also wish to say that will link all my sources in the third round. With that out the way, let's begin. We reserve the death penalty in the world for the most heinous murders and the most brutal and conscienceless murderers. This is not, as some critics argue, a kind of world-run lotte...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Death Penalty

somerandomvideocreator
masterdrave

The death penalty, if it were to be implemented, would need to be a murder case and would require proof beyond a reasonable doubt. However, there is a paradox of unanimity, so a unanimous decision would be a bad reason to convict someone of murder. At the same time, anything less than unanimous would mean that there is some kind of reason why somebody would not deserve the death penalty. Err on the side of not giving the death penalty rather than killing an innocent person....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Death Penalty

Arganger
MrBurns2017

I will allow you the first word. For clarification I am against the death penalty in all cases....

10 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Baby-killers (AKA "Abortionists") Deserve the Death Penalty

Purushadasa
Dunndee

DEATH PENALTY FOR BABY-KILLERS: Why do individuals that kill babies in their mothers' wombs deserve the death penalty? There are many factors involved in all violent crimes, and a fewR03; of the most important are: -- the vulnerability of the victim -- the age of the victim -- the innocence of the victim, and -- the degree of violence In most cases, the more vulnerable the victim of a violent crime, the harsher the sentence. For example, physically assaulting someone who is...

31 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Canada should allow death penalty as the punishment for capital crimes

jessarperry
sboss18

Canada should allow death penalty as the punishment for capital crimes...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

The Death Penalty Should Be Abolished

Nathaniel_Kampeas
boazchungees

I believe that the death penalty should be abolished. Solitary confinement is a much better way to deal with criminals who are a threat to everyone around them....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

THB Death Penalty Should Be Apllied to All Major Crimes

GuiAlex
Nathaniel_Kampeas

This House Believes Death Penalty Should Be Applied To All Major Crimes. THB motions don't require the people debating to show how this would be applied. Robs to consider DO NOT INCLUDE food IF the person committed the crime as last resort to survive. Major Crimes are All Crimes from stealing to murdering. The debate is 4 rounded and this is the way it should be debated Round 1- Definitions, Models. Main Arguments, Contestations Round 2 - Extension, Refutation Round 3- Rebuttal, Refutatio...

3 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

Should the death penalty be used for Violent Criminals?

DAMON858
fmmc0609

Yes, because it is better to kill one person than have that person killing hundreds of innocent people....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

Death Penalty

foulmat18
TheUnexaminedLife

I will be arguing against the death penalty. Round 1: -acceptance Round 2: -argument, no rebuttals Round 3: -rebuttals Round 4: -rebuttals, no new arguments...

2 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago