Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The death penalty should be legalized

republicofdhar
18Karl

Well, here it is. First round is acceptance. I haven't specified any jurisdiction, so please don't bring in the U.S. Constitution or laws specific to any one country. If you must make legal arguments, then please make them general, so that they may be applied to *most* jurisdictions. All the best. :)...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The death penalty must be abolished.

NiBrown
16kadams

There is no justification for allowing the death penalty to continue if innocent lives are being lost. According to a recent study, if all death-sentenced defendants remained under sentence of death indefinitely at least 4.1% would be exonerated(1). As a result, we must pause to consider how many innocent lives have been mercilessly taken by the death penalty and those who instigate it. How can we justify such senseless killing and mask it as some twisted form of justice? With all the technology...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Death Penalty

WardMSC2015
Kimbut123

The Death penalty is needed in many situations. There are people, and situations in life where Jail is just not enough. Someone such as Hitler does not deserve to live after what he did to millions of people....

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Should the death penalty be brought back?

kingbizzle
sammykeyes12

The death penalty SHOULD be legalised, Because innocent people lose their lives for the benefit of others, so why not? If people are strong enough to kill, etc. Then they shouldn't be too surprised for it to happen to them, In society today, too many people get away with crude things, and It's time something Is done about it. But If It was brought back, the people In charge of this should have to be extra careful that they catch the right person....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should the death penalty be legal?

Rezend
Jcmiamiu7

I am against it. Looking forward to an enjoyable argument. First round for acceptance only....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Death Penalty should be banned

juliamartin03
murphymsc2015

The death penalty should be banned because humans do not have the right to take away a life. Only God has the right to make and take a life. For example killing a murderer does not make up for the death of the victim. Just like two wrongs don't make a right, two deaths don't make it right....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Minutes Ago

Should Capital Punishment/Death Penalty be legal?

EAT_IT_SUKA
AlternativeDavid

This argument will be about whether or not the death penalty [1] should be legal, and my thesis will be: 'the death penalty should be legal.' My opponent's thesis will be: 'the death penalty should not be legal.' The burden of proof will be an equal amount between me and my opponent. Any information gained from internet research needs a link (and if you use an expert's [2] opinion, you need the expert's name as well as the link you found the information from), and any research from books needs t...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

is death penalty the only punishment for rapists?

amar123
connorjfield

devlop your own thinking.don't always argue with the society...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should Death Penalty Be Legal?

SideArmsAreNeeded
Robert_Weiler

I have seen that this topic has been debated a lot lately in school and such. I would like to state a few things before I start this debate: 1.) I am 15 so my points may not be the strongest but I will try my best. 2.) This is my first debate so again, I will try my best. 3.) I would like for this to be a respectable, polite argument. 4.) I would like very few opinions in this but emotional appeal is acceptable. 5.) I wasn't sure what category this was supposed to be in, there was like thre...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Should the Death Penalty be banned

gawilson
Reactive

The death penalty should be banned as killing people for committing crimes makes us just as bad as the. As well as that banning it produces an economic benefit as it costs more money to have a death penalty trial and execution than it does to keep prisoners in prison for over 70 years....

2 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago