Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Death Penalty

AlternativeDavid
KhalifV

Rules: Round 1: Acceptance, no arguments yet. Round 2/3/4: Arguments and rebuttals Round 5: Closing statements, no new arguments or rebuttals -No semantics -No trolling Failure to adhere to these rules results in the points for conduct going to the other debater. Mutual violation results in a tie for conduct. Burden of proof is on me to show the death penalty should not be abolished....

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Death Penalty

Mister_Man
StormySkies

First round whatever you want, open with your own arguments. I saw some people discussing this earlier and thought someone would at least consider trying to change my mind. I think the death penalty, or capital punishment, should not exist. Pro will obviously be arguing to keep the death penalty where it is already in place, or implement it in more regions. Please no semantics. Good luck!...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The Death Penalty is Just

Nefelibata
hyperthermicreaper

Pro will start...

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Death Penalty

Neily
AlternativeDavid

I believe the death penalty should not be a punishment because I believe it's unnecessary because I believe a life sentence is already a good enough punishment. Also, an innocent person who is believed to have committed murder could receive the death penalty even though they did not commit murder. I also believe that the death penalty might teach people that if somebody murders a loved one of theirs then they should murder them, and this will increase the amount of people committing murder....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Justin Bieber Should be Given the Death Penalty

9spaceking
YYW

48 hours to argue, 4,000 character limit, and 4 rounds.Round one is for acceptance only.Good luck and have fun. ...

20 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Death Penalty Should be Banned

SS1105
sereneharsh

First round for acceptance, second for arguments, third of rebuttal of the opponent's arguments and fourth for rebutting the previously posted rebuttals....

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Acid attacker should be given death penalty.

RachanaUchiha
Preston

i think acid attackers shuld b given death penalty as the lives of victims who experiencd acid attack got highly worse, der whole lifes changes only due 2 one terrible moment and d main fact is dat majority of d victims r only girls or woman.... i think its really injustice if d attackers r not given death penalty. if any one wants 2 oppose me, please do it....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Why the death penalty is ineffective and should be banned by the house

Samuel60
DonRCavalier

In this debate I will be arguing that the death penalty is ineffective and due to its ineffectiveness it should be banned by the house. The reasons that I will use will be that it's expensive, it causes racial disputes, it endangers innocent lives, and finally it doesn't deter crime rates. This is how I will put it down: 1.Introduction of the debate (first round) 2.Opponent's statement that he/she will agree to debate. 3.Arguments from both 4.Rebuttal/or counter argument 5.Conclusion...

14 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Abolishing the Death Penalty

KageMAP
George_Clinton

This is going to be kind of sloppy. The death penalty should be abolished. For this, I will be loosely working with Peter Singer's interpretation of utilitarianism, in which equal consideration of interests plays a large role. A vastly simplified example is this: Suppose you have two men, one is in severe pain while the other is in moderate pain but you only have two pills. Equal consideration of interests would demand that we give the two pills to the man in severe pain if only because he...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Death Penalty

KingDebater369
KhalifV

PrefaceThis is a classic debate that has been going on for a while. Should the Death Penalty be used? Is it just? While my personal view is Con, I like to go back and forth while debating this topic.Good Luck to whomever accepts. =)Full TopicThe Death Penalty is justified.Form...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago