Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

There should be death penalty for murderers.

Vortex-Blue123
criticalthought

Lately I have seen a lot of people thinking that the death penalty is a good idea for murders. I am opposed to this. I ask that round one is accepting and maybe a starting line or two. Please can you cite any used sources (or give credit to them at the end of your argument), if any are used, besides to check up on prior knowledge. Thanks, and good luck....

0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

the death penalty is wrong

hectordebator
maxg7802

good luck all I hope you have fun do not start debating untill the second round. that is why there is 4 rounds...

1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty should be Abolished

brad1999
Espera

I am glad to start this debate Round 1 will be acceptance only...

6 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Resolved: The United States Should Abolish the Death Penalty

16kadams
Mikal

Select winner. 2k. I am going to literally copy and paste Roy's stuff cause it fits well. "The death penalty, i.e. capital punishment, is "execution of an offender sentenced to death after conviction by a court of law of a criminal offense." [1. http://www.merriam-webster.com...] Currently 32 states and the Federal government have a death penalty. [2. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...]. ... In this debate I will argue that a death penalty should be maintained as part of the U.S...

65 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev face a death penalty from the Boston Marathon bombings?

sassypup419
TBR

I think Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should face the death penalty. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should because he hurt and killed more than dozens of innocent people. He could've also been working along side Isis. He did this because he didn't care about what people thought. Minutes after the bombing, him and his brother walked into a market like they didn't care or know what just happened. He caused the death of an eight year old boy. He caused a runner losing both of their legs and ending up with prosthetics. It i...

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Resolved: The death penalty should be legalized.

ColeTrain
caelin11

Resolved: The death penalty should be legalized.Please accept this debate only if you will take it seriously. I wish to enjoy a good-hearted and intellectual discussion in regards to this topics. First, however, allow me to lay out some framework as to how the debate will operate.<...

8 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should their be a death penalty?

Futurepresident2048
TBR

Round 1: Acceptance Round 2: Opening arguments, no Rebuttles Round 3: Rebuttles and closing arguments Resolved: The Death Penalty should be kept as a form of punishment for murder only. Pro: Argue in support and why it should be a form of punishment Con: Argue against and why it shouldn't be a form of punishment Once again no sources needed, just know what your talking about...

6 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The death penalty should be abolished

EliasLegere
Arcanas

First round acceptance...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Death Penalty

delilah_sanchez
theisticscuffles

The Death penalty should be abolished for the following reasons - The risk of killing the innocent - It violates human rights - Its morally wrong, taking someone's life is wrong no matter what - Most murderers aren't afraid of death, they'll never suffer remorse, which is actually helping them - It completely ignores alternatives, for example Jail life without parole - The so called "painless injection method" is getting very costly - The mentally ill are executed, rather then getting the...

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The death penalty should be legalized

republicofdhar
18Karl

Well, here it is. First round is acceptance. I haven't specified any jurisdiction, so please don't bring in the U.S. Constitution or laws specific to any one country. If you must make legal arguments, then please make them general, so that they may be applied to *most* jurisdictions. All the best. :)...

7 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago