Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

We should bring back gladiators for the death penalty

Beardon87
Castaway

In ancient Roman times, the gladiatorial arena was an amazing spectacle to watch. and yet, we can no longer are allowed to make such games. However, I propose that we send people that commit violent crimes to a great gladiator pit every year to fight each other. The last man standing would be allowed to go to the military. The arena would help in many ways, including, but not limited to: Lower taxes. With all violent offenders going to fight in the death pits, prisons will not cost as muc...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Death penalty

maddy_lion
Germanyrocks1871

The death penalty should definitely not remain in place. What image are we portraying to others if we solve killing with more killing?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Pedophilia is not curable - give them the death penalty

FanboyMctroll
X1

Pedophilia is not curable, there are drugs to suppress it but drugs can be omitted and skipped by the pedophile. If you get convicted of pedophilia you should be either sentenced to death or put on an isolated island in the pacific like the British did with convicts in Australia. The problem today is that a pedophile who is charged and sentenced for a couple of years will be out and will do it again. Instead the government gives them new identities and places them in our communities with disc...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

should the death penalty be banned

mr.bestdebate
jonahofdeath

The death penalty puts innocent lives at risk. In the year of 1976, 138 innocent people were put on death row, and taken off minutes from execution. What if all of those innocent men and women had been executed for nothing? For example, There was two brothers, ages 19 and 15, who confessed of murder, but both of them were intellectually disabled. They maintained their innocence since the trial, claiming that they did not know that they were signing a confession. In 2010 Leon Brown contacted Nort...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Are you in favor of Death Penalty in the Philippines?

Kunji
Dujec

I am infavor of Death Penalty in the Philippines because crimes are increasing due to the lack of discipline. Many innocent people are being murdered with a very high ot big cases everyday. That is why I am infavor of the Death Penalty....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty Should be Banned in America

ListenThenSpeak
NationalistMarxist

First round is for acceptance, not arguments There will be three rounds for debate The argument is whether the death penalty should be banned in America I will be arguing the negative Good luck...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The death penalty should not be outlawed

Pigney
JohnnyMaboy

The opponent must simply argue that the death penalty should be outlawed. I will defend that it should not be outlawed....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the death penalty be allowed in the United States Of America?

atruepatriot1517
fofofofofofof

First round is acceptance. Second round is first arguments. Third round is rebuttals. Fourth round final arguments. Please be respectful! No swearing and lets have a good Debate!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the Death Penalty be Abolished?

sunnygandhi
Rjupudi18

Rules: 1. First Round is for acceptance only 2. Not forfeiting 3. Be respectful, site your sources or post the links at the end of each round, make clear, valid points. 4. No trolling. Format: Round 1: Acceptance of debate Round 2: Intro into your argument, offer a broad outline of your main points with sources you plan to use outright. Round 3: Counter-Argument/Further main points, use this round to further your main points or in order to argue against my main points. (Post any add...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the death penalty still be used for criminal punishment?

FourEyesOptic
genericperson

I would love to debate this strong and controversial topic. I am for the death penalty and I would love to have a respectable and formal debate about this topic. Thanks!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago