Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Korea's sunken ferry captain must be put into death penalty

Debater-0122
Jifpop09

First round is the acceptance round....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

There is no good reason for the death penalty to be banned .

SebUK
Braun234

The title speaks for itself ....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Can you be pro life but for the death penalty

televin
Abunai

I believe that abortion is the taking of a living beings life.....my position is that only God can take life. The death penalty is the taking of a living beings life......quite a few folks on death row have been released with the advent of DNA so it would seem untenable to be pro life with respect to abortion but not the death penalty...

6 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Death penalty is never justified, under any circumstance

Cermank
wrichcirw

I thank wrirchcirw for agreeing to debate this resolution. This debate is mostly a culmination of some things I’ve been reading up on local news, and my reaction to them. For the purpose of the debate, I’ll be arguing that Death penalty is never justified.Some definitions before we get started:Death penalty- also referred to as capital punishment. Execution of an offender sentenced to death...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Death penalty or not

Swagjake
whiteflame

Do you want murders running around with a air conditioned jail with meals and candle tv I say no?...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Death Penalty

Cooldudebro
dtaylor971

First round is for acceptance. Good luck!...

4 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty should be kept and enforced.

Youth
lauren1001

Now let's keep it simple.This is just for practice.For the first two rounds let's state our points and the third the rebuttals. I shall state my argument.The Death penalty should be kept and in fact enforced.Let me tell you why.As we all know every crime should face its punishments.People should pay for what they've done.Yes,even now with the death penalty being enforced in certain countries and states people are still committing crimes worthy of the death penalty.However,they who commit those...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty

lauren1001
greatbigworld

Okay, so for this please site any sources that you may use and Spend the first round to just state your opinion, the second to rebuttal and the third to conclude. Please do not quit on me. The death penalty is just plain wrong. Why should the loss of a life result in the death of another? Or in the case of many lives, why should death = death? What is the point of killing someone when they can just spend the rest of their life in prison. I understand the cost of putting someone there but if t...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty

WilliamsP
greatbigworld

In this debate, I will argue against the death penalty and I would like to debate an individual that disagrees with my view. I would like to keep politics out of this debate and I would prefer this to be a philosphical debate. This debate will follow a specific structure and will have certain rules implemented.

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Is the death penalty a good thing?

abyteofbrain
zmikecuber

I am starting this debate because I don't have an opinion on the death penalty, and hope this will help me develop it. I look forward to debating with my taker. I don't care who starts the debate, but we will have equal turns to debate. I would prefer if a Christian accepts my challenge, since this is a moral topic and morals are based on religion (and mine is Christianity)....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago