Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

100 debate challenge 4: This House supports the death penalty

Wylted
Ameliamk1

Full Topic This House supports the death penalty Rules1. Pro accepts the sole BOP2. No forfeits3. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be provided in the text of the debate4. No new arguments in the final r...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

the death penalty should be legalized everywhere

shakeema-justice.com
AbandonedSpring

uhh this is my first debate I am really excited to get a feel for this whole debate thing. im hoping that this will get me all warmed up for the debate team. so please be hard on me (I wont cry) because I will be going up against people of much higher grades than me. I think it is time for us to talk about how we deal with individuals who just don't have any morals at all and just don"t care about the majority of society...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should the death penalty be illegal?

EliasL
savannah1006

I believe that the death penalty should be illegal in ALL states (and the world for that matter) due to the fact that there is no crime that should be punishable by death. For example, if there is a murder (i.e. Jodi Arias), and the defendant is found guilty, the government has no right to kill him/her due to the fact that this too is murder....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Should we keep the death penalty?

august55433
Mister_Man

I believe that we should keep the death penalty. I feel that people who have committed crimes against humanity, don't deserve to live. They certainly are not worth the $168,00 dollars that we spend on them per year in prisons. That's why I think we should keep the death penalty and I expect a lively debate with my opponent! Thank you....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Bring back the death penalty for murderers in England.

stef16
leoghakj

My opening argument is simple: Murderers do not care about the human rights of their victims, so should not have any rights themselves. Article 3 of the universal declaration of human rights is "Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person." (http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml#a2) The murderer denied their victim that, so why should they get it themselves? If the murderer won't respect other people's human rights they should forfeit their own human rights as well....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Death Penalty Should be Abolished!

9spaceking
UchihaMadara

Nobody vote on that other debate. This is the official one. We'll be copying from the last debate.Rules are exactly the same as the other debate. This is my 205th debate, coincidentally....

43 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

the death penalty should be allowed

ellenia
phantom

I think the death penalty should stay for the criminals that deserve it because first of all our tax money is paying to keep them in prison even after they did a horrendous crime and besides jail is not torture enough it barely even close enough homeless people come to jail all the time to get food and water and heating and another reason why there should definitely be a death penalty is because someone who is responsible on taking away lives from other people for no reason is just straight up c...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Death Penalty

noahkgfx
funnycn

The death penalty should be abolished. It is unconstitutional because it violates mans basic rights. No cruel punishment (5th Amendment) so what is your guys say on this?...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should the death penalty be illegal in the united states?

Gods_Servant
numberwang

If you read about Bundy"s life in prison, waiting nine years for his execution, you will see that the man exhausted every single legal point he and his lawyers could think of, all in an attempt to spare him execution. He "defended" himself in prison interviews by blaming pornography for causing his uncontrollable teenage libido, and for causing him to think of women as objects and not humans. He attempted to have his death sentence commuted to life without parole by explaining that it was all po...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The death penalty should be abolished

republicofdhar
Mopi

Welcome, Mopi! I chanced upon one of your previous debates and I felt that your opponent missed out on several points of importance. For that reason, I would like to invite you to a debate on this topic, with you taking the same position of abolition of the law, that you had taken the previous time. The structure of the debate would be as follows: Round 1 - Acceptance Round 2 - Opening Arguments Round 3 - Rebuttals and Counter-Arguments Round 4 - Defence of Opening Arguments Round 5 -...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago