Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Death Penalty

Mister_Man
allegra.hendrix

Well I brought Allegra to this site for this reason alone, so hopefully it'll be fun. I know there's loads of debates regarding the Death Penalty already, but I figured let's have another because there can never be enough of anything. So I'll pass this on to Allegra to explain to everyone why the death penalty is so amazing! Thanks ;)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

The death penalty is the best way to punish criminals convicted of capital crimes

chrisjachimiak
chevybow

Warning: This will be a strictly factual debate. If you accept and don't use facts, but morals and religion you automatically lose.RULES:1. If you or I forefit, we automatically lose. 2. If you bring morals and religion into the debate you automatically lose.3. If opponent doesn't propose any counter definitions, then they must accept my definitions.4. If either side brings up new evidence in round four, than that side loses.Other then th...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Be it resolved that the death penalty is the most effective means of reducing crime.

Khadisha
FantumHeist

I'm only 15 years old and i have recently joined a debate club at my school.In 2 weeks time we will be competing against another school and I would love to have you guys comment on this topic.Should hanging be brought back?...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Death penalty should be icluded in the Greek Justice

marinagkav
16kadams

Death penalty, also called capital punishment, is when a government or state executes (kills) someone, usually because they have done something wrong. Executions in most countries have become rarer in recent centuries. The death penalty is a disputed and controversial topic. About one third of the countries in the world have laws that allow the death penalty.[1] The United States, The People's Republic of China, Japan and Iran are examples of countries that have a death penalty. Canada, Au...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is "Reclusion Perpetua" better that "Death Penalty"?

jethro_purazo
KonstanBen

"Reclusion Perpetua" also known as "lifetime imprisonment" is better that death penalty. It's because everyone has the right to live even if one committed a sin. In Religion, the Fifth Commandment states that: "You shall not kill." It only shows that life is important because it is a creation of God. And as a Catholic, we are used to forgive people who trespass against us. If we talk about philosophy (or some sort of society and politics), the level of imprisonment depends on what have...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Death Penalty

haydellsydni
Complicated_Mind

The death penalty should not be considered an option when issuing sentences to a criminal. No matter what their crime may be (murder, rape, etc..) no one deserves to die, and more importantly no one has the right to take a life away from someone else. By issuing the death penalty, you are contradicting the claim that murder is wrong. But in all actuality, you are murdering the person that committed the crime. Punishing violence with violence does not solve anything. It is extremely hypocritical....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Public Burning at Stake should be used as a Death Penalty

Envisage
9spaceking

*You need at least 20 debates to accept this debate* Full Resolution: "In a country which already employs the death penalty, burning at stake should be used as a death penalty" This debate regards only the methodology of executing a death penalty, rather than the question of issuing a death penalty itself. Definitions: Burning at Stake: An execution performed by binding a convict to a wooden stake and setting fire to said stake[1] Format: 48h, 3 rounds, 8,000 characters Round 1: A...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Death Penalty?

tomlangford
Shrek_sDrecKid

Hey there. I live in the UK where the death penalty is already not in place, but I am still very much against the death penalty and I'd love to have a debate with someone from the other side....

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Death Penalty

DATXDUDE
WillRiley

First round is acceptance. All the other rounds are for rebuttals and arguments. Neither side can make any new arguments before addressing their opponents arguments. If they do, they lose conduct points....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Death Penalty

Hunts
Valar_Dohaeris

Round 1-Acceptance Round 2- Opening Statements Round 3+4- Rebuttals Round 5- Closing Statements...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago