Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Death Penalty should be abolished

LD_and_Congress_Debater
kasmic

"I don't think you should support the death penalty to seek revenge. I don't think that's right. I think the reason to support the death penalty is because it saves other people's lives." George Walker Bush. The death penalty should be preserved because it prevents future crimes, eliminating the death penalty would be counterproductive, and the death penalty benefits the economy. Now, to my first point, it deters would-be criminals to commit felonies. "The Washington Post" states, "Recent st...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

We should abolish the death penalty in California.

Halloway02
TarVian

Too high of cost: California has spent over $4 billion dollars on the death penalty since the 1978 reinstatement, or rather $308 million spent on each of the 13 inmates executed since that time. If we were to imprison these 13 people since they were born and lived to be 100, that would still be cheaper than if we were to execute one person in California. If we negate this bill, we are not only putting ourselves in more debt, but wasting funds that could be put into improving prison i...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Should the Death Penalty Be Kept

india4thewin
DivineMorality

The death penalty is a vital part of American justice. Without it, more people would commit horrific crimes because they no longer fear death. One would obviously prefer a life, no matter how horrid, compared to death....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Death Penalty (redux again)

BobTheRocket2
Mharman

This my final attempt to have have this debate with you. Mharman, you better post within the time limit this time. BoP is 50/50....

3 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Death penalty

vfgg
CosmoJarvis

There should be no death penalty because people can change over time and become better people....

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the death penalty be legal?

Scmiedforge
FollowerofChrist1955

Rules: I'll be taking the position of the Con, you will take the position of the Pro. We are both Christians so quoting of the Bible is a legitimate defense of our beliefs, but also please include non-religious reasons for your beliefs as well. Round 1 is for acceptance, Round 2 is for arguments, Round 3 is for rebuttals. Thank you for considering participating in this debate....

0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Death Penalty should be banned in the U.S

FaustThe21st
Naruto_Usumaki

By accepting this debate, you realize that - This is a controversial topic, relax, and let's have a nice debate. I will be arguing for the ban of the death penalty. BIASED and UNRELIABLE sources are not allowed (philosophy, statistics, logic, and everything else is allowed.) That you must...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Death penalty

isarica_2001
AbcedarianMufti

I am against death penalty. It is like going back to the past, because most of the countries alredy abolish it. Why? Because life is a basic right, not even the government can violate that right, it doesn't matter if the crime is very high. Death penalty avoid the opportunity for criminals to reflect. And if you say that criminals will not change, how do you know that? The government should try to search spirit and psicologist help. I am in favour that maybe people will go out of the jail, but t...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Death Penalty

EXOPrimal
missbailey8

Debate SettingsNo Character Limit, because of this Google docs is not a violation of conduct.72 Hour argument time14 Day VotingOpponent must have completed 1 debate, this is to avoid a new member accepting then freezing the debate, if you have not completed one debate and wish to accept this debate please message me or leave a commentComplet...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Is the death penalty really that helpful?

SalmaX33
EggsAndSam

I was looking at your profile after accepting a debate when I saw you are a pro for the death penalty, lets talk about that, from other arguments i can tell that you are levelheaded, thank you if you agreed to my debate...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago