Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Death Penalty Should be Banned in the United States

Hillary4Prez
Sebas.1999

There are many reasons to abolish the death penalty in the U.S., but here are three of the major ones: 1: Cost--The death penalty often costs 1.5 to 3 times more than life imprisonment without possibility of release or parole. This is not just a large economic strain on our already underfunded prison system, but this means that this is money that could be going towards things that have actually been proven to reduce crime, such as early childhood education, high school dropout prevention prog...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Rapist should be given death penalty

Zain7
elikakohen

"Raping has always been a heated issue among society, some people contend that rape is more dangerous than murder since it implants miserable traumatic in the entire of the victims' lives'...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Death Penalty

kassie2001
ViceRegent

I absolutely think the death penalty is not okay and never will be okay no matter what somebody does. I am new to this site but if you disagree accept the debate....

7 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Death Penalty

missbailey8
blamonkey

I'll be arguing against the death penalty while my opponent must argue for the death penalty. This is the current list of crimes that the death penalty applies to. [1] We will apply these crimes to the debate and won't talk about crimes punishable by death in the past nor future crimes that can be updated to this current list. Structure: Round 1 - Opening Statements from Pro Round 2 - Rebuttals from Con, Defense from Pro Round 3 - Opening Statements from Con, Rebuttals from Pro Round...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The Death Penalty

missbailey8
ViceRegent

I'll be arguing against the death penalty, while my opponent will argue for the use of capital punishment. BoP is shared. Structure: Round 1 - Opening Statements from Pro Round 2 - Rebuttals from Con, Defense from Pro Round 3 - Opening Statements from Con, Rebuttals from Pro Round 4 - Defense from Con, Pro Must Waive Rules: 1) No hate speech/ slander 2) No kritkiks 3) No plagiarism 4) No new arguments in final round 5) Please use citations 6) No forfeiture 7) No trolls Votin...

2 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The death penalty should be legal in all US states.

bluetree653
Hayd

For some, the death penalty could be less worse than jail. The death penalty is only used when absolutely needed, and sometimes it is the only rational/moral option. Even if a criminal was released from the death penalty/jail, it would be very hard for them to make a living. The death penalty can be painless. The death penalty provides disclosure for victims. If the death penalty is not in use, then America will end up spending more money trying to contain criminals from the...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty should be legal in all US states.

bluetree653
lyokowarri0r

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

That we should abolish the death penalty

leachyaus
SonicAndRapBattles

My argument will rest on two premises. Firstly that the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent and secondly that its too immoral to use even if it did. I will use this first speech to outline the former and my second speech to explain the latter. To assume the death penalty will deter anyone assumes they are thinking rationally which most who people who commit serious crimes often are not. Broadly people who commit violent crimes can be grouped into four categories. Those who act in the he...

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Whether the United States should abolish the Death Penalty?

MaxLamperouge
Hayd

Before I begin, I would like to thank Debate.org for hosting this debate, as well as whoever accepts my challenge. This will be tough, and I thank you for providing me with a challenge. I hope that I challenge you, and together we might both become better debaters. Intro: All my arguments will be presented in round 2. Rules: No profanity (thanks), no Ad Hominems (personal attacks), no fallacies (they will be pointed out), and have fun. Please present your arguments in round two, and leave...

8 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Death Penalty

boxbeat19
Aguilajoyce

The death penalty is an outdated, barbaric, and, frankly, hypocritical form of punishment carried out by many third-world countries across the globe. It is also, sadly, carried out by the United States in numbers that rival those of China and several Middle-Eastern countries. It is more costly than holding the person in prison for life, it is extremely hypocritical, it does absolutely no good for the rest of society, and the methods by which we do it are inhumane and unright....

0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago