Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should Death Penalty be abolished

The-A-Team
daley

The topic of our debate is the death penalty. We believe that the death penalty should be abolished. The United States spreads a message telling others that killing someone is wrong. Then, they go and allow offical people to be hypocritical and kill someone for a crime committed. Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." This is an inhumane way to treat other humans. Even though they made an incredibly bad choice by committing a capital offense, they are still human and we mu...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

There should not be a Death Penalty.

pmarie
Jonbonbon

The Death Penalty has killed a lot of innocent people. God is the only one who can make that decision....

27 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The Death Penalty

AlternativeDavid
KhalifV

Rules: Round 1: Acceptance, no arguments yet. Round 2/3/4: Arguments and rebuttals Round 5: Closing statements, no new arguments or rebuttals -No semantics -No trolling Failure to adhere to these rules results in the points for conduct going to the other debater. Mutual violation results in a tie for conduct. Burden of proof is on me to show the death penalty should not be abolished....

9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The Death Penalty

Mister_Man
StormySkies

First round whatever you want, open with your own arguments. I saw some people discussing this earlier and thought someone would at least consider trying to change my mind. I think the death penalty, or capital punishment, should not exist. Pro will obviously be arguing to keep the death penalty where it is already in place, or implement it in more regions. Please no semantics. Good luck!...

9 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty is Just

Nefelibata
hyperthermicreaper

Pro will start...

6 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Death Penalty

Neily
AlternativeDavid

I believe the death penalty should not be a punishment because I believe it's unnecessary because I believe a life sentence is already a good enough punishment. Also, an innocent person who is believed to have committed murder could receive the death penalty even though they did not commit murder. I also believe that the death penalty might teach people that if somebody murders a loved one of theirs then they should murder them, and this will increase the amount of people committing murder....

3 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Justin Bieber Should be Given the Death Penalty

9spaceking
YYW

48 hours to argue, 4,000 character limit, and 4 rounds.Round one is for acceptance only.Good luck and have fun. ...

20 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Death Penalty Should be Banned

SS1105
sereneharsh

First round for acceptance, second for arguments, third of rebuttal of the opponent's arguments and fourth for rebutting the previously posted rebuttals....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Acid attacker should be given death penalty.

RachanaUchiha
Preston

i think acid attackers shuld b given death penalty as the lives of victims who experiencd acid attack got highly worse, der whole lifes changes only due 2 one terrible moment and d main fact is dat majority of d victims r only girls or woman.... i think its really injustice if d attackers r not given death penalty. if any one wants 2 oppose me, please do it....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Why the death penalty is ineffective and should be banned by the house

Samuel60
DonRCavalier

In this debate I will be arguing that the death penalty is ineffective and due to its ineffectiveness it should be banned by the house. The reasons that I will use will be that it's expensive, it causes racial disputes, it endangers innocent lives, and finally it doesn't deter crime rates. This is how I will put it down: 1.Introduction of the debate (first round) 2.Opponent's statement that he/she will agree to debate. 3.Arguments from both 4.Rebuttal/or counter argument 5.Conclusion...

14 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago