Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Does religion support the use of the death penalty?

Mythboy64
Spiritualthinker2

Personally, I don't know. But I don't like that there are people who think they have the right to decide when a human's life is taken, regardless of the crime. Personally, I'd just throw them in jail and let them think about what they've done for the rest of their life....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

The death penalty should be abolished

billnumerous
connorjfield

Hi, my name is Billy, and I will be arguing for the fact that the death penalty is ineffective, thus banning it. Good luck to my opponent. For more information, go to this link: http://deathpenalty.org/section.php?id=24 First of all, I know that most of you people reading this know the death penalty, but I'll explain it anyway in case there's some person that doesn't. Capital punishment, AKA the death penalty, execution, and a lot more names, is when a person is killed for their crimes. There...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Death Penalty

Liberals
Maddie98

I saw that you are against the death penalty, so how about we debate this?...

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Death penalty in U.S.A

Qubnigwa
Welqra

USA is the only western country in the world who has death penalty. 38 states in USA have death penalty. You cannot get a death penalty for every crime you make. The only crime where you can get a death penalty is if you commit a premeditated murder. I think that death penalty should be illegal in all the states in America, one of the reasons is, I think it is moral wrong, to kill another human no mater what the person has done. The 10 commandments say that, ""You shall not murder"" I know tha...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The death penalty should be banned

bnumerous1
Le.Doctor

Hello, I'm Billy. I will be debating against the death penalty, the most extreme form of crime punishment. I will show you that the death penalty should and ought to be abolished. Here are 2 opening reasons to oppose capital punishment. (There will be 10 reasons total, 2 in each of the 5 rounds.) 1. The occasional mistake is more risky than it's worth. Let's say you accuse someone of murder, and the jury votes him as guilty and the state government executes him, but later you find out he's in...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The man who killed Chris Kyle should be put in jail or given the death penalty.

BuergerMan16
CASmnl42

I believe that Eddie Routh should be sentenced to life for the killing of Chris Kyle, (considerably the deadliest sniper in US history). I also believe that he was a converted Muslim, for reasons I will soon enclose. First off, many mainstream media claim that Routh had PTSD when he never served in ANY military combat. Routh served as a prison guard on a military base in IRAQ and didn't have any documented traumatic experiences. An article on Allenbwest.com states that he is a converted muslim....

8 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Death penalty

BuergerMan16
purpleduck

I believe that the death penalty should be legal in every state. First, people that are crazy enough to commit murder shouldn't be in jail or on the streets. The criminal serving in jail will be their for life. Do you really want taxpayer's money going towards keeping some scum bag alive. I am completely for the death penalty. Good luck to you....

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Should the death penalty be banned?

bnumerous
DopeFreshSaaan

Anyone for the death penalty is accepted, no questions. First of all, I'm against the death penalty. What if you wrongfully execute someone? You can't bring him or her back to life. Since 1976, 520 people have been executed in Texas alone. Is that really necessary while there is other forms of punishment available? So in my opinion as an American, The United States should give the death penalty the boot, like the UK....

1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Should the Death Penalty be legal or illegal?

claire_elizabeth
16kadams

This is for a school project, I just want to see some opinions....

3 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Resolved: The Death Penalty Should be Abolished

16kadams
miketheman1200

== Definitions == Death Penalty: "Capital punishment or the death penalty is a legal process whereby a person is put to death by the state as a punishment for a crime." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment Although this debate is about the US, examples from other countries can be used, all dat cool stuff. == Structure == R1: Pro can either accept or write his arguments. R2: Arguments (or rebuttals depending as to how Pro wants to go) R3: Rebuttals R4: Rebuttals a...

Voting Period
19 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago