Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: The death penalty should be abolished.

ColeTrain
Kylar

Greetings! This is a debate about the death penalty. I hope Kylar will accept my direct challenge. Please accept as soon as possible.Additional Rules:No vulgari...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

ColeTrain
Ariesx

Greetings! This is a debate about the death penalty. It should be open to Ariesx Please accept as soon as possible.Additional Rules:

Debating Period
26 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Death Penalty

Lexus

Resolved: The death penalty should exist in the United StatesDefinitions:death penalty - the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime.exist - be in use/be put into use

Challenge Period
9 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Death Penalty should their be one?

Cjnair24
Richardsonalj

My name is Cory and I'll be defending the side of supporting the death penalty. My reasons If one is willing to committing a horrifying crime like killing someone, then they should be able to match their crime like a sentence in other words, if your willing to do the crime, then you should pay for it. Cause letting one go for killing someone shows how mentally deranged we are as a society, we all are responsible for what we do. Would you want to be justified if someone killed one of your...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is death penalty justified?

aayush.raj
Osun

I believe that Death Penalty is totally justified for reasons which I wish to share in the next round of this debate. As far as I have observed, the first round of a debate is usually an "acceptance" round. Anyway, death penalty is something which is very important in the smooth functioning of a nation. I am really sorry but I'll be giving my arguments on this point (along with examples) only in the next round....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

I think the felony should decide if they want life in prison or death penalty

Jacob1030
hldemi

I think that the felony should decide if they want life in prison or the death penalty. I think its makes that whole situation more humane....

13 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The death penalty should be abolished in the United States of America

tajshar2k
Midnight1131

ResolutionThe United States of America should abolish the Death Penalty. My position on this is Con, therefore I will be arguing that the death penalty should not be abolished. My opponent Midnight1131, will be arguing that it should be abolished. Since he is changing the status quo, the BOP will be on him....

35 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The death penalty should NOT be allowed

sara_ann_dee
tajshar2k

Hello and thank you for joining my debate I will be arguing in favor of not allowing the death penalty in the United States.This is how the debate will be layed out:1st round: Acceptence only (anything more will be an automatic forfeit)!2nd round: Opening argument / statement3rd round: first round of counterarguments4th round: Final counterarguments and closeing statementAny violation to the setup will result in an automatic forfe...

1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty should be abolished

Midnight1131
The_American_Sniper

This challenge is issued to The_American_Sniper. The debate will be structured in the following manner. 1st round acceptance2nd round arguments3rd round rebutalls4th round defense.Definitions - From Oxford DictionariesDeath Penalty - the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime.Abolish...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The death penalty should NOT be allowed

sara_ann_dee
SnaxAttack

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago