Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should the death penalty still be used in the U.S.A.

1ManWolfpack
YeshuaBought

In the United States at least 4% of all people killed by the death penalty are innocent. This means that every time that the state puts someone to death there is a chance that what they are doing is not a punishment but a state sanctioned murder of an innocent person. Considering that people are not perfect and there is no such thing as 100% accuracy in the legal system. I contend that that due to the risk of killing innocent people the death penalty should be discontinued leaving life impr...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Death penalty should be allowed.

Mr.Bob
jackgilbert

Can you please accept for first round,...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should there be a death penalty

deedeecat123
JBWD03

If we use the death penalty to justify crimes then aren't we also committing one. You can not justify a crime with a crime, then you are just as dirty and disgusting as they are. A life sentence is like a death penalty there is no need to take it as far as murder. There should be no death penalty because the ends do not justify the means....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should the death penalty be abolished

jackgilbert
asta

I am arguing that we abolish the death penalty. Here is how the debate format will go: Round 1: Acceptance only Round 2: Arguments only Round 3: Rebuttals only Round 4: Response to rebuttals only Round 5: Conclusions No new arguments should be made in rounds 3, 4, and 5. I look forward to debating....

Debating Period
38 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should the death penalty be allowed?

e75y
Spowns

As best stated by Jana Kingsford, big dreams strategist and leveraged life creator, "balance is not something you find, it is something you create". Sometimes that balance that needs to be created occurs in the judicial system, specifically deciding whether or not to give the death penalty. The death penalty is the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime. The death penalty should continue to be allowed because it goes back to bases of balance; it all...

1 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Death Penalty

Brazilian.Chameleon
How_Could_Th1s_Bee

The death penalty is the taking of a non aggressing human. Murder is bad....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Death Penalty

unknown777
asta

Hey sup, you're blocking my way of saving lives. I'm going to beat your arguments and make sure you'll agree with me. No, just kidding. Let's start. ...

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

death penalty

unknown777
asta

Sup i saw your supportive comment on capital punishment http://www.debate.org/debates/death-penalty/1/ I'll understand if you accept it late for you may have another ongoing debates. The goal of this is to convince each other's mind about killing an inmate....

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the death penalty be allowed?

sofiavicente
Timnar

death penalty not allowed - 1st round is for acceptance, later debate...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the death penalty be abolished?

jackgilbert
XxXDestinyXxX

Pro starts....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago