Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The death penalty should be abolished

republicofdhar
Mopi

Welcome, Mopi! I chanced upon one of your previous debates and I felt that your opponent missed out on several points of importance. For that reason, I would like to invite you to a debate on this topic, with you taking the same position of abolition of the law, that you had taken the previous time. The structure of the debate would be as follows: Round 1 - Acceptance Round 2 - Opening Arguments Round 3 - Rebuttals and Counter-Arguments Round 4 - Defence of Opening Arguments Round 5 -...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The Death penalty is wrong

diamondinbound
DavidMGold

http://www.city-data.com/zips/30120.html-reaserch...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

The Death Penalty for the guilty

Mopi
FantumHeist

Right, I'll be going against why there should be no death penalty for the guilty.1)Firstly, it goes agaisnt the very law of Right to protection of life, by awarding a person the death penalty, we ourselves are violating the law and a violation of law is not acceptable2) Its does not teach the guilty anything, if you look at it. The death penalty, the person just dies there is no learning and no going through pain and realizing the mistake they've made, wehreas...

13 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should Death Penalty be abolished

The-A-Team
daley

The topic of our debate is the death penalty. We believe that the death penalty should be abolished. The United States spreads a message telling others that killing someone is wrong. Then, they go and allow offical people to be hypocritical and kill someone for a crime committed. Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." This is an inhumane way to treat other humans. Even though they made an incredibly bad choice by committing a capital offense, they are still human and we mu...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

There should not be a Death Penalty.

pmarie
Jonbonbon

The Death Penalty has killed a lot of innocent people. God is the only one who can make that decision....

27 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty

AlternativeDavid
KhalifV

Rules: Round 1: Acceptance, no arguments yet. Round 2/3/4: Arguments and rebuttals Round 5: Closing statements, no new arguments or rebuttals -No semantics -No trolling Failure to adhere to these rules results in the points for conduct going to the other debater. Mutual violation results in a tie for conduct. Burden of proof is on me to show the death penalty should not be abolished....

9 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The Death Penalty

Mister_Man
StormySkies

First round whatever you want, open with your own arguments. I saw some people discussing this earlier and thought someone would at least consider trying to change my mind. I think the death penalty, or capital punishment, should not exist. Pro will obviously be arguing to keep the death penalty where it is already in place, or implement it in more regions. Please no semantics. Good luck!...

9 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Death Penalty is Just

Nefelibata
hyperthermicreaper

Pro will start...

6 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Death Penalty

Neily
AlternativeDavid

I believe the death penalty should not be a punishment because I believe it's unnecessary because I believe a life sentence is already a good enough punishment. Also, an innocent person who is believed to have committed murder could receive the death penalty even though they did not commit murder. I also believe that the death penalty might teach people that if somebody murders a loved one of theirs then they should murder them, and this will increase the amount of people committing murder....

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago