Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: The United States of America should abolish the Death Penalty

tajshar2k
Jerry947

=Resolution=This debate will be about whether the United States should abolish the Death Penalty. "The death penalty, i.e. capital punishment, is "execution of an offender sentenced to d...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Death Penalty

izzyrose2004
Petfish

I believe that the death penalty is a good idea. But only in extreme circumstances. If you're putting someone in jail for life, for murdering someone, they should pay with their own life. An eye for an eye, they say. And, if you're throwing them in jail until they rot, why waste taxes on them. The death penalty gives the family closure, that he or she is really out of their life forever....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

death penalty for kids

Kayla_kay2000
1500BC

I think that if a kid deliberately plans out to kill their parents or plans to kill someone like a serial killer then they should be treated just like an adult. They should have to deal with the consequences of their actions....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

the death penalty be Legal and in use

kaylagraham
rocksoftware2006

The death penalty is a fitting and feared punishment for anyone who has committed crimes against the rights of individuals to life, freedom, and the safety of those individuals. Ernest Van Den Haag, a Late Professor of Jurisprudence at Fordham University said "Common sense, lately bolstered by statistics, tells us that the death penalty will deter murder... People fear nothing more than death. Therefore, nothing will deter a criminal more than the fear of death... life in prison is less feared....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

This house believes that the death penalty should be abolished

Dabeast_cons
asdf12345

I do not think that the death sentence should continue in the future. The second you realize you've executed an innocent person your mindset may turn from laying in your backyard with an utmost serene mood to realizing you just murdered an innocent person. The criminals also need time to reflect and change their ways, I'm not saying I'm a fan of criminals (in fact criminals irk me a lot) but to not get time to reflect is bizzare. Our system doesn't even give people a chance. What eccentric penal...

5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should the death penalty be illegal?

Blueangel24
elijah452

I think the death penalty should be illegal, what right does the government have to take away someone life. Two wrong don't make a right. Disagree with me if I'm wrong....

2 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Death Penalty

SnaxAttack
TheEpicTricycle

For this debate, since I have not debated in a while, I will argue the Pro side of the Death Penalty. My opponent will argue the opposite.Rules: No forfeits, unless both sides forfeit the same amount of rounds; then it is fair game.

7 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The death penalty should be an option for criminal punishment

mc9
Bob13

This debate is for Hayd and Rosalie's beginner tourney I will be arguing that the death penalty should never be used for criminal punishment. No kritiks, no semantics, no trolling and no definition wars. First round is acceptance Good luck and have fun😀...

6 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Resolved: The Death Penalty is a Morally Tenable Punishment

Objectivity
wipefeetnmat

This round is just for acceptance, I will be using an LD style format for my constructive speech, my opponent may use whatever he chooses. This is for Rosalie's Beginner Tournament...

4 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

The government should abolish death penalty

nikhiladyapak31
Normerican

I feel that if someone who has done a mass murder and taken into custody and let lose by given bail, I think it is not right to let lose a criminal.He might still commit some crime and still kill some more people.Why should we leave people who have committed serious crimes and let them out of jail by giving them bail?People say that in India it is easier to get bail than bhel poori(a chaat dish)at a restaurant.They say that if we kill the killer, we are no less than the killer.So the best thing...

3 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago