Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gay Marriage Needs to be Legalized

anxnxmxus
geasterly

There is absolutely no reason for LGBT+ people to not be able to get married. I'd love to see someone give me one good argument (and no, the Bible isn't a good argument), as to why they don't have the same rights as straight people....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Gay marriage should be legalized in the United States

MasterNate
Guidestone

Rounds: Pro (1) Rules (2) Contentions (3) Contentions/rebuttals (4) Rebuttals/Closing Statements Con (1) Contentions (2) Contentions/Rebuttals (3) Rebuttals/Closing statements (4) Shall type only "no round as agreed upon" and nothing else Rules (1) If my opponent fails to type "No round as agreed upon" in the last round will lead to a full 7 point FF. If my opponent types any other words besides "No round as agreed upon" in the last round, he will FF the entire debate to...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

gay marriage should be legalized in the US

DeepInThought
Sojourner

One of the biggest issues for the US government is the issue of whether gay marriage should be legalized or not. I would say that the answer is simple, the US Constitution says (all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness)- www.archives.gov The rights for a man to love, be with, and be married to another man, or a woman to do the same with another woman with the same legal right...

3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

gay marriage should not be legal - civil unions okay

linate
Originalname

we should recognize that the natural world creates natural distinctions between male and female, and their cohabitation etc is what produces offspring. they are a natural unit for the purposes of kids, and a natural unit for the purposes of simply recognizing nature. we can have civil unions or something to respect others, perhaps, but that doesn't mean we have to give the same value to something that is fundamentally different, by calling it marriage. also, as far as procreation goes... we'...

1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gay marriage should be legal

JasperFrancisShickadance
Ennagirl

Why and how is same-sex marriage a good, positive way to host a society? This world's kids don't need more broken families (i.e. divorced parents, stress because of differences/controversy). The world in general doesn't need more exposure to AIDS. Don't we want to "coexist?" Gay marriage sets religious people and secular people even more apart. BOP (burden of proof) is mostly on Pro because he/she needs to provide reasons gay marriage is good for society. I, Con, will only debunk and rebut,...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Gay Marriage

Ennagirl
xXCryptoXx

If you take religion out of the question, I don't see how gay marriage is a bad thing? They only want the same rights as everyone else. Although I can point out the differences if you want, you can't argue with Polygamy, Incest, Beastiality and Pedophilia. Those are completely different cases which I would have different arguments for. For instance, it's different from pedophilia because there are no minors involved. That's what makes pedophilia wrong. Gay couples can raise children and they...

1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Gay Marriage

Ennagirl
lannan13

If you take religion out of the question, I don't see how gay marriage is a bad thing? Gay couples can raise children. They pay their taxes like everyone else. And I don't see how their marriages would affect other people. I've never heard anyone complaining that somebody else's marriage was hurting their own. That just doesn't make sense....

1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gay Marriage Legalization in the U.S.

darthebearnc
Redspectre

I will be arguing that gay marriage should be legal in the US. First round is for acceptance only. Thanks! P.S. I am a straight male....

1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Gay Marriage is Morally Permissible

scots
XLAV

Hello first round is acceptance. good luck :D...

Voting Period
10 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

VIDEO DEBATE: Gay Marriage Should be Legalised

9spaceking
Sashil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcnyGVDsfHMThere are some "errors" in the video because I changed the rounds and time to argue to suit my opponent's needs.It might still be processing when you upload it. Darned slow Youtube!Ore Ele debate mentioned in video: http://www.debate.org/debates/VIDEO-TEST-Koopin-should-get-98-of-al...

43 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago