Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gay Marriage Should Be Legal Wherever Possible

Bartolomej
Phoeni

Anyone should be able to marry any person they want, regardless of gender. Saying gay marriage should be illegal is the same as saying, "girls can't wear short hair" or "soccer players can't love football." I believe gender shouldn't be such a big deal when it comes to anything, really. Sure, men are supposed to be attracted to women, and women are supposed to be attracted to men, it's how nature works, we're supposed to reproduce. But to be honest though, we already have enough people on this p...

6 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should gay marriage be legalized?

mayneisntokay
NCdavidB

Rules of debate:1. Be respectful2. Do NOT use religion as an argument3. No trolling please4. Please do not write off arguments without real reason/evidence5. Try not to use phrases like "I believe" or "in my opinion."Structure:First round is acceptance, round two is opening arguments, rounds three and four are rebuttals, round five is closing argumentsTerm rules:When we refer to relation...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gay Marriage

brody5
jadon_leggette

Marriage equality is a fundamental right that very human deserves. Imagine going through life without having the right to marry because it makes some unhappy. They will say the bible says so, but that is false....

8 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Does the Bible condone Gay marriage?

Godstruth
Purushadasa

Hello opponent, In this debate we will be arguing as to whether or not the Bible is in support of same sex marriage. I hold the con position; I believe that the Bible is against same gender "marriage". First round is acceptance only, round two is arguments only, and the following two rounds are for arguments and rebuttals. Good Luck!...

3 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Should Gay Marriage Continues To Be Legal?

BrettBoelkens
Emily77

I believe that gay marriage should continue to be legal, at least in the United States. First round is acceptance and opening arguments.Arguments ForEqualityOf course, the strongest argument for marriage equality is in fact equality. The United States was founded upon this very principle of equality between all people. Most laws in the Western world are designed to be inclusive a...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Gay Marriage Should Continue Be Legal

BrettBoelkens
NDECD1441

I believe that gay marriage should continue to be legal, at least in the United States. First round is acceptance and opening arguments.Arguments ForOf course, the strongest argument for marriage equality is in fact equality. The United States was founded upon this very principle of equality between all people. Most laws in the Western world are designed to be inclusive and protective of all, so it makes little sense...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Gay marriage

NDECD1441
divergent_ambon

Gay marriage is a really big topic nowadays. I want to see the advantages of it and I will present the cons. First found is acceptance, second round are arguments and the third and fourth round will be rebuttals. Good luck....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

Gay Marriage

youraveragejami
SuperAwesomeMusician

You stated: "The family is the most basic unit of our society. Gay marriage completely destroys this system. " Okay, how is it that having two human beings that have the same gender destroy the system of 'family'? Unless you are following some sort of religion or government control, there are no rules written ANYWHERE that state that two women or men cannot become one as a family. You stated: "There are men and women on this earth for a reason. These two were made to be together and to h...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 7 Months Ago

Should gay marriage be legal?

SuperSith89
hotsauce2910

Should gay marriage be legal? I say no to this, and will explain why in round 2. Argument will be broken down like this: 1 - Accepting challenge 2 - Opening Argument 3 - Rebuttal 4 - Rebuttal 5 - Closing statements Please remain kind during the debate, no foul language, and enter into it with an open mind. Thank you....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

The gay marriage ruling in the US should not be overturned

Shawnsummer7
RC-9282

The issue this debate is going to be about is whether or not, as SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch is about to be confirmed, even if given the opportunity the Supreme Court should not overturn the Obergefell ruling which legalized same sex marriage nationwide. I will be arguing Pro (the Supreme Court should not overturn gay marriage). My opponent, of course, will be arguing Con (the Supreme Court should overturn it). The four rounds are as follows: Round 1 (Acceptance of debate) Round 2 (Opening s...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 8 Months Ago