Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gay marriage

selena16
lyokowarri0r

I believe that people deserve to marry who they want without the judgement of other people. People can not help the way they feel. People are who they are, everyone deserves happiness in fact many of my friends are gay, bisexual, lesbian but that doesn't make them less of a friend as my straight friends. They are all equally amazing people. They breath the same air, they live on the same world, they have all the same feelings as everyone else. They are not afraid to express themselves but they o...

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Gay Marriage

missbailey8
Teekee

I'll be arguing for gay marriage, while my opponent must argue against gay marriage. Structure: Round 1 - Opening Statements from Pro Round 2 - Rebuttals from Con, Defense from Pro Round 3 - Opening Statements from Con, Rebuttals from Pro Round 4 - Defense from Con, Pro Must Waive Rules: 1) No hate speech/ slander 2) No kritkiks 3) No plagiarism 4) No new arguments in final round 5) Please use citations 6) No forfeiture 7) No trolls Voting Rules: 1) Vote Convincing Argument...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

gay marriage

penguins_rule
Ariesz

NONE OF THIS PART IS MINE PLEASE DO NOT SAY I PLAGERIZED I DID NOT THIS IS NOT MY WRITING NOT MY WRITING"If two men are in love, and want to declare their commitment, why should we keep them from marrying each other?" "If two gays want to be married, aren't they upholding the institution of marriage rather than weakening it?" "If a pair of homosexuals want to marry and provide a home for children who would otherwise be without a family, then how can that be wrong?" In our ongoing cul...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

there is nothing wrong with gay marriage

Justin_King
harrytruman

the bible says nothing against gay marriage or partnership...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Gay Marriage and Gay Rights

Factual_Kitten
Jonan4tor

My argument for gay rights stands as: we are all people, created equal, so if one person should be able to get married, so should another. Homosexual people aren't any different then heterosexual people when you look at them physically or mentally....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gay Marriage

gocubsgo25
spartantreky616

Today I will be debating whether or not gay marriage should have been legalized throughout the United States. I support the legislation. Gay marriage is a very simple topic to argue, and it should be clear to all people that they deserve rights. Gay people are still people, and marriage is by definition: "the legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a relationship". Therefore, gay marriage should be legal. This is not a question of religion, or politics, it is a deba...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Gay (Same-sex) Marriage Should Be Legal

Conspiracyrisk
ViceRegent

I challenge ViceRegent to this debate on whether gay (same-sex) marriage should be legal. This is not about States' Rights or whether the Supreme Court was in the wrong or whatnot. This is about whether gay marriage should be legal. May the best debater win!...

27 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should Gay Marriage Stay Legalized?

rebeccarenner111
swagfaty

My initial argument states that I do believe gay marriage should stay legalized. Homosexuality is not a choice, and it is not a sin. To restrict the right of marriage to someone is unlawful. I am open to any arguments....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

There is not a valid religious argument against Gay Marriage

thegingerrrrr
Lachoneus1

I am extremely socially liberal, and one of the things that drives me bonkers is when people use Christianity to condemn gay marriage. It is absolutely shocking how backwards this is, the same type of logic was used to condone slavery and the mistreatment of women. For a religion that is supposed to be about love and forgiveness, Christianity has spawned and awful lot of hate. Besides the fact that no person with any sort of moral compass would prevent a gay couple from being together unless the...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gay Marriage/Homosexuality

missbailey8
ulibanana

Round 1 - Acceptance Round 2 - Opening Statements Round 3 - Rebuttals Round 4 - Closing statement No forfeiting No kritkiks No slander/ hate speech...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago