Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gay Marriage Debate Framed Incorrectly

Letoatriedes

The argument is flawed, Government should not dictate what is a religious compact. This extends to hand fasting, blood rites ect. True separation of church and state would be seen by removing the religious definition from government registry. True marriage equality would be equal protection under the law by redefining all government applied for marriages as civil unions regardless of gender. It infringes on the freedoms of people of faith to dictate what they should accept. It infringes on gay c...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Gay Marriage

sque132
Arcanas

Gay Marriage: For or Against As an out gay man myself I find it saddening when people are against me and people in my position being able to marry like any other person. I invite you to to debate why you believe that I should not be able to marry the man I love. In short here are my views surrounding the debate: 1) I believe just because that your religion dictates that it is wrong, that shouldn't mean that you should be imposing those religious beliefs and therefore actions upon those wh...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gay Marriage

Varrack
Genghis_Khan

HI GUYS! I think gay marriage should be illegal, because that's not what marriage is! Clearly it is between 1 man and 1 woman. That's how it's been for thousands of years. We ought to keep it illegal for the good of society! How could anyone disagree? Do people use logic nowadays or what? Sorry folks, but marriage is and always has been between straight couples. It's funny how people want to change it as if you could change a definition! LOL! xD...

Voting Period
235 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Gay marriage.

ClashnBoom
CyborgSuperman

Gay marriage should be illegal....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should gay marriage be legal?

DrewMcD
Normerican

Should gay marriage be legalized across the United States?...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

gay marriage should be allowed

babybear64
Varrack

I think Gay marriage should be allowed. it is their choice not ours. also if it makes hem happy then let them be! We tell each other not to judge and yet we judge gays, really it is not acceptable. we should love them for who they are. Even if you hate them cause God created them differently, let God deal with them....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Gay marriage should not be recognized by the state

Jcmiamiu7
ProConIK

Okay this will probably cause controversy so there are some rules: - no insulting during the debate - you may say an argument is invalid, but no declaring victory or claiming you win the round/argument. - no using emotional arguments.. Use mostly reason in arguments First round is acceptance only Last round will not be rebuttals. No "getting the last word in". Only summarize your argument will a paragraph as a conclusion. Hopefully this will be a good debate...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 7 Minutes Ago

Gay Marriage

Toobu
Varrack

Hey all. First, I apologize if this is against some sort of rule, or if this isn't the sort of thing that should be posted here. I'm very, very new. Anyways, I'm giving a speech on why gay marriage should be legal in a conservative Christian speech and debate league, so it'll be a tough audience. Please rip the following speech apart as best you can. I definitely want to have some back and forth, too. "" I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declar...

Voting Period
30 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should Gay Marriage be legal?

Raxack1234
PickUp_Artist

16/March/15 Good morning fellow Us citizens, my name is Andres Ortiz and I will be debating why gay marriage should be legalized in the United States. To start off I want to define what marriage is to both heterosexual and homosexual legal unions. The legal union of a couple. The basic elements of a marriage as described by law are: (1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other, (2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law. When you get married you g...

29 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gay Marriage is Harmful and Must be Opposed

PickUp_Artist
Interloped

Marriage is a formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife. There is no point in a gay couple getting married just so they can raise a little certificate saying they are married because it isn't really making a point when they can just say that they are a couple. It can also be harmful for many reasons....

7 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago