Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Global warming has occured between Sept 1996 and Feb 2014.

Stupidape

Brief intro, I've been arguing with climate change deniers who bring up so many points in the same debate that I become overwhelmed. Yet, taken individually I think they can be beaten easily. I think global warming has happened between Sept 1996 and Feb 2014. Though some of the climate change denier state otherwise. I have strong evidence to prove so. First, lets example the myth. [0]As you can see from the graph it clearly shows no warm...

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Global warming is a fraud

harrytruman
TheDebaytDood

Google docs are not a violation of conduct....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Global warming should not be taught as a fact in schools

lord_megatron
peterowsky

The evidence on global warming is subjective, and it shouldn't be taught as a truth in schools. This limits the student's' perspective on climate change, and students must be allowed to at least make an opinion on it based on the facts available....

4 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

global warming (pro) vs fuel crisis (con) which is more important?

lord_megatron
David_Debates

Currently, it would take more time for global warming to become extremely lethal than it would be for the fuel crisis. We must work on devising alternative clean and efficient sources of energy rather than JUST planting trees. Moreover, dealing with the fuel crisis will reduce global warming as well as vehicles cause pollution. Also, some of these links believe global warming may not be true- http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/is-global-warming-real.php http://www.friendsofscience.org/inde...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Government should address global warming as a top priority whatever the economic cost.

BenD
stschiffman

While I do think it is important to protect our planet, I do not think that the small dent we can make in a small problem is worth much cost. The cost of many climate policies have been large. I do not think that trying to solve global warming is worth it....

0 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Mankind Is the Main Cause of Global Warming

Subutai
beforeifall

You asked to accept this.Full ResolutionI will be arguing that mankind is the main cause of global warming. We will not be debating whether global warming exists or not. It will be assumed that it does.BoP is shared.DefinitionsMankind: "The human race; human beings collectively without reference to sex; humankind."[1]...

4 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Subutai
Dann

You asked to accept this.Full ResolutionI will be arguing that mankind is the main cause of global warming. We will not be debating whether global warming exists or not. It will be assumed that it does.BoP is shared.DefinitionsMankind: "The human race; human beings collectively without reference to sex; humankind."[1]Main: "Chief in size,...

9 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Is Human Activity an addition to increased Global Warming/Climate Change

Mark.Hughes
Weed777

Throughout Humanity's Existence the species has done nothing but destroyed everything around it. We have seen the extinction of more species at fault of Humanity, we have seen the rising of sea levels and the drying up of rivers and lakes due to Human Activity. This is why I stand in Pro position that human activity is an addition to increased Global Warming/ Climate Change. 1. Humans have increased Climate Change because of Increased C02 emissions Source: Climate Change Causes: A Blanket a...

0 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Global Poverty, Education, and hunger are greater issues than global warming/ climate change

jxc2000
12345t

Round 1 is acceptance. I will be arguing that Global Poverty, Education, and hunger are greater issues than global warming/ climate change. My opponent will be arguing the opposite. Round 2 is the opening statements, Round 3 will be the Refutations, and Round 4 will be the conclusion. Looking forward to debating with you!...

1 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago

Should global warming or global poverty be a priority

Nate1000
danthor9

Do you think solving global warming is more important or global poverty/education/hunger (Pro side- I'm voting for global warming...

3 Comments
Updated 5 Months Ago