Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Video Debate: Global Warming Denial

medv4380

Video DebateCon's goal is simple. Provide a convincing argument not to vote for the Pro augment.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ujRZ-s5m0Word count is restrictive. Evidence, and sources should be given in a video response.To verify that the user giving the argument is the same user the DDO User ID should appear near the end of the video.If you do not meet the minimum requirement to accept this debate, or it has been accepted please PM me, I'l...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Global Warming should be taken more seriously.

yeezhwen
I_am_Spartacus

This is my first debate, so i hope i can do well Since the Industrial Age, humans have been releasing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, and after a century the effects have become significant. There are about 1 billion cars in the world, each releasing greenhouse gases. Yet actions taken by the government have not shown significant results. Even though most people believe that global warming is nothing more than a hoax, it is impossible to release so much poisonous gas into the atmosphere w...

9 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should Global Warming be dealt with

e.c12345
lannan13

The planet Earth has been terrorised by global warming since i could remember. People know about it but wont do anything about it. They say "Its not a issue, dont worry" but in reality its a big issue. If they want to think life is all pony rides and rainbows its their faults, but dont kill the kids for your stupidness....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

geoengineering should and can be used in 2016 to combat global warming

moneystacker
RNG_REKT

Clarification: Basically if your backing this method up your backing up the funding and usage of this method on at least a city scale if you want even national or global scale, however you are not required to at least support this being used on a city scale for 2016. When I say usage I don't just mean testing basically. First round is for acceptance only I am starting this over because someone requested I extend the age gap. I had it set for like 17-27 so now I increased it to 17-28 years...

8 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Stratospheric Sulfate Aersols or geoengineering should be used in 2016 to combat global warming

moneystacker
UlyssesWake

First round is for acceptance only I'm not a big science guy but I have been reading up on this topic and I find it pretty interesting I debated this also a few times. I'm mostly against this method but if anyone is for yeah accept and debate. I am trying to get updated on this topic since I haven't kept up with it. looking to see if there's any good reasons to use it now. But yeah pretty much the Pro side has to prove why they should be used in a year or so or even now....

2 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Humanity is the main cause of global warming.

Sidnix111
cludwig

First round is acceptance only....

0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Man-made or Nature intent, global warming? Should we stop?

alex-kirk1234567890
Nivek

man-made or your freaken stupid . ignore this: ...ggdfghiu gui gu g bfbdu bufbbh bh bh b hb h bh bhb h bh b hb h b hb h bh hb h b bh b hb h h h hb hb h bh bh bv guifbhuighightughfbghbvjbhjbhjvubigfhugubuidhjgdfguibfjhbguidrhzbsugiphbiuzgbruhguhrughruhguhhuhuhuhuhghfuhufh hurghp rhsutrhubuph uprh riuph usprhurhtg ghjklnhjkghu hughug jbjhnvuih rhvbiuhuvbbnbnbjvhngugft 8rydfguihguhfughrtshp59u69hrg0 2515415406565656965655454514512541245124512541254120541254125461254125412451245124512451245124512...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Misleading charts in debate: Global warming

Leugen9001
kingkd

In the following debate, my opponent and I shall use misleading charts and flawed arguments to prove our own cases. The voters should vote for the side which had the most persuasive and convincing case, without considering its accuracy or factual merits. I hope that this debate would demonstrate how people can be fooled into believing incorrect claims through deceptive means of persuasion.I will be arguing that global warming as proposed by the majority of mainstream science doe...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Global warming is a hoax.

Stupidape
govitz147

Pro will contend for the resolution. Con against the resolution....

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The claim that "97% of scientists agree 'man made global warming' exists" is a lie.

LandonWalsh
Zexcoiler_Kingbolt

John Kerry has been quoted as saying, "And let there be no doubt in anybody"s mind that the science is absolutely certain. . . 97 percent of climate scientists have confirmed that climate change is happening and that human activity is responsible. . . . . they agree that, if we continue to go down the same path that we are going down today, the world as we know it will change"and it will change dramatically for the worse." This is very false. But leaving aside the catastrophic/"change dram...

17 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago