Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Stricter Gun Control? Or Fine the Way it is? Or Less Gun Control?

hsif
Vajrasattva-LeRoy

All topics on gun control have been won by the side for gun control, so I will try to reverse that. I wish for a proper and respectable discussion on gun control in United States and how strict/lenient it should be. My position on gun control is moderate; current legislation will work, but I do not agree with the Hughes Amendment or the Importation Ban portion of the Gun Control Act of 1968....

6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gun Control

cal352
AlternativeDavid

The belief that enforcing stricter gun laws on those who use guns for good(gun owners who protect themselves, their families, and potentially prevent crimes) will keep guns off the streets(from those who buy guns off the black market rather than a gun store " obviously requiring no permit, no background check, etc) is very foolish. If this method were actually effective, then illegal drugs would not be an issue. Vilifying gun owners by imposing gun restrictions make it tougher for registered, l...

4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gun control in America.

debatergorl
ColePanell

I would like to debate for gun control in America. I am a firm believer that we need to work towards protecting our citizens, and this idea should outshine all else. The first round is for acceptance only please. As I know this is a very heated debate, remember to keep debates in the debate world and do not let it carry outside of that. Also, a word to voters- please try to put your bias aside and only vote for who made a better case. Thank you....

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The gun control debate is not this simple (see for details)

MyDinosaurHands
Tilar

16 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun Control

Mray56
Alexervin239

First round will be acceptance.2nd: Arguments/rebuttals 3rd: Arguments/rebuttals4th: Final arguments/conclusionsGood luck to my opponent, whoever they may be. ...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun control

TheLibertarian76
LiberalLogic101

I challenge you too a debate on gun control. I'll start I am absolutely for the the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms. It is designated in the 2nd amendment to the bill of rights, which the founding fathers specifically made it clear that even if the majority thinks so, the bill of rights or the constitution shall never be repealed. If someone breaks into your house and is planning to kill your family with a gun, you use your gun first! You don't call 911 and wait before it's to...

9 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun Control

texans14
WilliamsP

The first round is for accepting the debate. I will be taking the position against gun control at any level except for maybe background checks. I wish you good luck....

6 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun control works

InnovativeEphemera
Wylted

My contention will be that gun control is demonstrably effective in reducing the incidence of homicide and that there are precedents for effective gun control which illustrate its effectiveness. These are ignored by gun proponents because it doesn't suit their purpose, and instead of looking at facts, they produce anecdotes and hypothetical scenarios where a gun would help them defend themselves. I will argue that these are hypothetical in nature and have a significant motivation behind the...

57 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun Control

DonovanMGwinn
CloudApex

Gun control hasn't, and never will, worked. Every time governments pass gun control laws, gun crimes soar through the roof. Why? Because criminals don't care about laws....

3 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun control is good.

Baconzd
voxprojectus

Gun control is not good. First off guns don't kill people. People kill people. Second off if we outlaw guns law abiding citizens won't have guns, but criminals would because if they break the law to kill people they will break the law to get guns. The problem here is obvious but I will spell it out anyways. The criminals will then attack unarmed people, but if guns are allowed the criminal will be attacking an armed person who can blow his brains out....

11 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago