Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The 2nd amendment is an invalid argument against american gun control

wtfisthatkid
Dan4reason

Gun control is a hot topic, especially in the USA. It is a widely debated topic with maybe proponents of both sides. Oftentimes I see people attempt to use the 2nd amendment as an argument against gun control. I will be arguing that the 2nd amendment is not a valid argument for gun control. First off, I am in no way trying to debate for or against gun control, only against the use of the 2nd amendment of the Bill of Rights as an argument for gun control in the United States of America. The s...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Gun control is a stupid idea

MasterDebated
The_Scapegoat_bleats

Everyone advocating gun control forgets one thing. What would stop criminals from illegally obtaining guns and using it on an armless public? It's stupid and it would happen. Criminals don't obey laws. The vast, vast majority of gun owners use them appropriately and responsibly. If we take guns away from those who are responsible, who will be left with the guns? The irresponsible criminals who get them illegally. More kids die in swimming pools each year than from guns. People sensationa...

Voting Period
22 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gun Control

AMcCormack21
fauziinsan

I am against gun control because it is simply unconstitutional. It goes against one main right of our country, which is the right to bear arms. President Obama has once again crossed into an unconstitutional territory and we are losing individual rights. We are on the socialist path that china, vietnam, and russia took not too long ago....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Strict gun control

TheRightJE
sewook123

I believe that strict gun control: 1. goes against the 2nd amendment. 2. totally limits our options for self-defense. 3. increases crime because people are deterred less because the victims can't defend themselves against a gun when they don't have a gun. This is shown in Chicago because crime spiked when Illinois started very strict gun control. Recently in Chicago, Gun violence suddenly went down because you can now conceal and carry in Illinois. This deters criminals because now civilians can...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gun control is a good contributor, if not a necessary factor, to keeping homicides at a lower rate.

Rasputin45
GunsbelonginAmerica

Due to me not being on time with my argument on the Gun control debate with the user Gunsbelonginamerica, I am re challenging him to this debate. I will accept all and any argumentation, no matter how bad. Definitions Gun: Weapon used to fire bullets with the intent of wounding or killing. Control: Moderate to extreme regulation of weapons. This can include licenses, tests, required homing in police stations or a ban altogether. Contributor/Factor: helping hand in Good: Useful Homicide:...

6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gun Control

Manley309
TheRussian

We should not stricken gun control laws because it will not fix anything. Because in America we all no that when you ban something it just magically disappears. Well that's not true. If someone were to break into my house and shoot at me I would that I had the absolute right to shoot back. If guns kill people than pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make people fat. Oh ne-ne this is not true, people kill people. If we were to make it harder to get a gun than we are l...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun Control

Crawlmanjr
Dan4reason

I believe that you should not control guns, but control the lunatics and the criminals. If you take guns away from law following people then they can't protect themselves from bad people. When someone's house is getting robbed first thing there gonna do is call someone with a gun. Criminals will always find away to get guns. Ban guns and then it would be mayhem. Remember prohibition? When alcohol was banned a whole new industry dedicated to smuggling and murder was born. Ban guns and it will be...

6 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Gun Control

Jozza1172
emospongebob527

Gun control... for it, first round acceptance :) look forward to this debate... got owned previously... XD...

4 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gun Control

WilliamsP
tyler3923

My StanceMy stance is that gun control should be mandatory and that the second amendment is not supposed to be interpreted in its literal form.

6 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun Control; Should it be enforced completely on the mentally ill and former criminals?

MrSykoCat
Dwint

Yes and no. I fully realize that there are particular individuals out there who are simply too unstable to be granted the use of firearms. That's undeniable for sure. However, does this justify generalizing them as all too unstable to be granted the use of arms? No. It definetly does no justify this. What basis do I have for this claim? Well, to start, I myself fit both of these "descriptions". I have been diagnosed with various social skill impeding (I will not be specific on these, sorry. Pri...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago