Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gun control is futile.

IcySound
Commondebator

I will let my opponent argue first. This is my first debate!...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Stricter Gun Control

Varrack
InnovativeEphemera

In this debate, Con will be arguing against stricter gun control. Pro will be arguing for it.Gun control - Government regulation of the sale and ownership of firearms.Pro has the burden of proof and will present his/her arguments in Round 1. Con will rebut those arguments, followed by counter-rebuttals from Pro, and so forth until the debate reaches an end. Pro must pass the last round so that both contenders get an equal number of rounds to provide arguments. <...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

I am in the middle of Gun Control.

SonofRockets19
TheChosenWun

I think that there should be some rules about gun control but still be able to own guns. But President Obama is saying that he is going to take our gun rights....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gun Control

Ariesx
Philocat

Round 1 is for acceptance, Round 2 is for cases, Round 2 is for cases, Round 3 is for rebuttals, Round 4 is for Defense I will be attacking gun control, and explaining why it is unconstitutional and is not going to solve anything....

2 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Stricter Gun Control Policies

syracuse100
AbandonedSpring

First round is an acceptance round. If you believe stricter gun control policies are better for our nation please accept this challange. I will gladly persuade you otherwise....

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Severe gun control

Commondebator
pjh816

Bop is shared. (Kudos to SebUK for giving such amazing arguments to completely change my opinion about gun control. Given well arguments to change my stance. I respect him for that.)First round is acceptance.Definition of severe: (of something bad or undesirable) very great; intense.To clear things up, when I say "severe" gun control, it means almost banning guns, not giving to public use (even with lisence), and cannot own guns inside any home...

8 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun Control

Magma_Crafter
AbandonedSpring

I believe gun control should not be a thing because there are numerous ways to get guns. 1. Make it yourself 2. Buy it Illegally 3. Become a police officer There's probably even more. So if a guy decided that he wanted to have a gun for recreational purposes he would go through the background check after he got a gun license. Like all licenses it needs to be renewed. Now on the off chance he became angry or started having criminal thoughts he might rely on his already registered and purchased...

1 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun control

Texas14
imnotacop

Resolved: Gun control is more ineffective than effective. Rules: Forfeiture will result in immediate loss of conduct points. Sources will be required for rounds 2, 3 and 4. Proper spelling and grammar will be used. Occasional errors or typos are fine. Format: Round 1- Acceptance Round 2- Round 2- Opening Contentions and some rebuttals Round 3- Rebuttals Round 4- Rebuttals and Conclusion I look forward to the debate and thank whoever accepts it....

12 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Stricter gun control laws

sjrrj
Shrek_sDrecKid

Guns are a major problem in the US. People believe that more guns will save you. That is not the case. They can be stolen easily, especially by kids, if stored in the house and its just dangerous. I don't know why people are so in favor of guns. They are dangerous and bad. They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." That's just dumb. Yes the person used a gun to kill someone but a gun was still the weapon. It still killed someone. Our country needs very strict gun control laws. Massac...

3 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Concerning Gun Control...

LeStudMuffin
Kaynex

Here's my position on this: Gun control is ridiculous. Evil wil always find a way to do evil. Sure, a background check may be necessary, but taking guns away is only taking them out of the hands of the victims....

8 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago