Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gun control does not reduce crime (U.SA only)

tajshar2k
jackandace

I will be arguing that gun bans do not reduce crime in the United States of America.My opponent will argue that it does.Good Luck ...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Gun control

Scorchtheblaze
pyevchik

This will be a rematch of the last debate with my opponet as he was unable to finish the argument due to "unexpected circumstances". I wish my opponet luck and look forward to an amazing debate ...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Gun Control

myleemckinney
jm07249

Despite the intense feelings on both sides of the "gun debate" everyone is motivated by the same thing: Will gun control increase or decrease the number of lives lost? Gun control is defined as the "regulation of the purchase and ownership of firearms in an effort to reduce their criminal or unsafe use" (Funk & Wagnalls, 1). There have been debates throughout time regarding the 2nd Amendment and its meaning. Advocates of gun rights have maintained that the 2nd Amendment gives individuals a fu...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Gun control

Scorchtheblaze
pyevchik

Gun control should not be implemented because it violates the second amendment that was adopted into the bill of rights that gives us Americans the right to bear arms....

9 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Is gun control necessary?

gop_for_usa
AlternativeDavid

Now I understand fully, as a gun lover, that guns can and will be used for evil. But will making guns illegal truly solve anything?! The answer is simply, no. Criminals have a disregard for law so they do not care if they get caught with a gun, nor care if they have an illegal weapon. Now the argument here isn't that. That is just to show criminals have no care for laws or abiding by them. The true argument is if these laws will reduce armed crimes. And once again the answer is no. You may think...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Does the U.S. need tougher Gun Control Laws?

bartset
Varrack

I think that the U.S. needs tougher gun control laws, because everyday, more than one person is killed in a gun related murder or accident. Gun dealers should have to get a license before selling dangerous items to random people on the market. They should also be forced to conduct a background check and ask a few questions to make sure this person is a law-abiding citizen....

2 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun control

Zack_H
16kadams

Gun control is an unnecessary thing, and gun ownership should not be barred. Guns don't kill people- people kill people. In most mass shootings, the killer always takes his/her life. They started the attack with the full knowledge that they would die, and carried through with it. This shows that they WILL find a way to kill people-- whether with knives, arson, or other methods. This can be prevented by keeping a closer watch on mentally ill people and improving their welfare....

4 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

We need more gun control

GarlicBred24
tajshar2k

Gun control is the way to go. Too many school shootings, too many deaths, why not just ban guns altogether for a safer America...

9 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun Control

luchau
Robert_Weiler

Rebuttal to this? I would argue that an AR-15 is much more lethal then either grenades or a flamethrower. If I have either of those two devices I am limited to inflicting damage to people within about a 40 yard range. With a standard AR-15 my range is greatly increased to over 200 yards. I would argue that an AR-15 is a weapon of mass destruction in a civilian setting. In your opinion what is so recreational about it? The fact that it holds a standard 30 round magazine (that can easily be upgra...

1 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

do you think that gun control will start the next revolution/civil in the usa?

sports89man7
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

With all the gun control going on do you think that it will spark an armed rebellion?...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago