Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The gun control debate is not this simple (see for details)

MyDinosaurHands
Tilar

Voting Period
16 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Gun Control

Mray56
Alexervin239

First round will be acceptance.2nd: Arguments/rebuttals 3rd: Arguments/rebuttals4th: Final arguments/conclusionsGood luck to my opponent, whoever they may be. ...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Gun control

TheLibertarian76
LiberalLogic101

I challenge you too a debate on gun control. I'll start I am absolutely for the the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms. It is designated in the 2nd amendment to the bill of rights, which the founding fathers specifically made it clear that even if the majority thinks so, the bill of rights or the constitution shall never be repealed. If someone breaks into your house and is planning to kill your family with a gun, you use your gun first! You don't call 911 and wait before it's to...

9 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gun Control

texans14
WilliamsP

The first round is for accepting the debate. I will be taking the position against gun control at any level except for maybe background checks. I wish you good luck....

6 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gun control works

InnovativeEphemera
Wylted

My contention will be that gun control is demonstrably effective in reducing the incidence of homicide and that there are precedents for effective gun control which illustrate its effectiveness. These are ignored by gun proponents because it doesn't suit their purpose, and instead of looking at facts, they produce anecdotes and hypothetical scenarios where a gun would help them defend themselves. I will argue that these are hypothetical in nature and have a significant motivation behind the...

57 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Gun Control

DonovanMGwinn
CloudApex

Gun control hasn't, and never will, worked. Every time governments pass gun control laws, gun crimes soar through the roof. Why? Because criminals don't care about laws....

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun control is good.

Baconzd
voxprojectus

Gun control is not good. First off guns don't kill people. People kill people. Second off if we outlaw guns law abiding citizens won't have guns, but criminals would because if they break the law to kill people they will break the law to get guns. The problem here is obvious but I will spell it out anyways. The criminals will then attack unarmed people, but if guns are allowed the criminal will be attacking an armed person who can blow his brains out....

11 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The United States should impose Stronger, More Effective Gun Control Laws

Juan_Pablo
baus

Resolution: The United States should impose Stronger, More Effective Gun Control LawsThis resolution can also be interpretted as the U.S. Congress Should pass stronger, more effective gun control legislation than we have now, to deal with the surge in mass gun shootings over the last three years and the 491,930 cases of gun violence the nation experiences on average annually. (On average, 33,000 Americans are killed with guns ea...

32 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun bans and strict gun control increases crime and homicide rates.

Dilara
yoyo12

I've heard many people who are in favor of the U.S having a gun ban or stricter gun laws compare us to other places like Britain and Ireland. People (like hmmmmm Piers Morgan) often point out that Britain has between 30-50 gun murderers a year while the U.S has 11,00 gun murderers a year. This is true but does it really matter?. To be frank it doesn't matter how many gun crimes there are or gun murderers there are. It matters how many crimes and murderers that are committed period. People seem t...

26 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun control in America

teslarules
KevQuixote

I believe firmly in gun control. I believe exactly the following statement: The government should legislate a ban upon all firearms including, but not limited to: handguns, shotguns, assault rifles, and sub-machine guns. I do believe there is a case for small caliber rifles being legal for recreational/hunting purposes, with the stipulation that they be stored in a public government building, and dispensed collected according to the nature of use. You would still own them, just turn them...

9 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago