Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

There should be little gun control in the U.S.

Maat
Kaynex

I will be debating that there should be little gun control with Kaynex. He has many debates about this topic and I wanted to hear his thoughts. I do not actually think that there should be little gun control, or at least yet. And that is why I want to hear people's opinions, such as Kaynex, and forcefully put myself against it.Guidelines1) All common guideli...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Stricter Gun Control Policies

syracuse100
AbandonedSpring

First round is an acceptance round. If you believe stricter gun control policies are better for our nation please accept this challange. I will gladly persuade you otherwise....

3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

RESEARCHPreacher
Kaynex

Anyone who wishes to accept must have a minimum of 5 debates. If anyone with less than 5 debates accept, it is an automatic loss. Otherwise, you may accept. However, you must go by the following guidelines.These are common guidelines, along with some new ones.1) No semantics. If you are unsure about a word, you must ask for its definition.2) No plagiarism; You can not copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.3) Images, that are suppos...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Severe gun control

Commondebator
pjh816

Bop is shared. (Kudos to SebUK for giving such amazing arguments to completely change my opinion about gun control. Given well arguments to change my stance. I respect him for that.)First round is acceptance.Definition of severe: (of something bad or undesirable) very great; intense.To clear things up, when I say "severe" gun control, it means almost banning guns, not giving to public use (even with lisence), and cannot own guns inside any home...

8 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Gun Control

Magma_Crafter
AbandonedSpring

I believe gun control should not be a thing because there are numerous ways to get guns. 1. Make it yourself 2. Buy it Illegally 3. Become a police officer There's probably even more. So if a guy decided that he wanted to have a gun for recreational purposes he would go through the background check after he got a gun license. Like all licenses it needs to be renewed. Now on the off chance he became angry or started having criminal thoughts he might rely on his already registered and purchased...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun control

Texas14
imnotacop

Resolved: Gun control is more ineffective than effective. Rules: Forfeiture will result in immediate loss of conduct points. Sources will be required for rounds 2, 3 and 4. Proper spelling and grammar will be used. Occasional errors or typos are fine. Format: Round 1- Acceptance Round 2- Round 2- Opening Contentions and some rebuttals Round 3- Rebuttals Round 4- Rebuttals and Conclusion I look forward to the debate and thank whoever accepts it....

12 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Stricter gun control laws

sjrrj
Shrek_sDrecKid

Guns are a major problem in the US. People believe that more guns will save you. That is not the case. They can be stolen easily, especially by kids, if stored in the house and its just dangerous. I don't know why people are so in favor of guns. They are dangerous and bad. They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." That's just dumb. Yes the person used a gun to kill someone but a gun was still the weapon. It still killed someone. Our country needs very strict gun control laws. Massac...

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Concerning Gun Control...

LeStudMuffin
Kaynex

Here's my position on this: Gun control is ridiculous. Evil wil always find a way to do evil. Sure, a background check may be necessary, but taking guns away is only taking them out of the hands of the victims....

8 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Severe Gun Control.

SebUK
Commondebator

This time the BoP is shared , Round 1 is for acceptance only....

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gun Control Prevents Violence

StarHunter
AbandonedSpring

Simple Rules: R1 is opening statements, R2 is for proof and rebuttals, and R3 is for closing arguments. Pro gets the first word, Con gets the last word. BEGIN! Violence is a lack of self-control that results in a desire to hurt or destroy. It is usually direct outward of the person experiencing the stress and frustration that is at the root of the violent behavior. But it can be self-directed also. It commonly results from a person's loss of rational thought when placed under stress. The over...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago