Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should congress increase gun control?

sgoodall
NickTheRationalPolitician

Gun control is not something we should take lightly. The ease of buying a gun and or guns with tons of ammo (possible armour piercing). When I adopted my dog there was background checks, house visits, and tons of paperwork. When my neighbor went to buy a gun it was two forms and an automated phone call. Then after people get the gun, people need ammo. Just like lots of other things in the American culture you can buy ammo in bulk and or specialized. Some bullets practically exploded with shrapne...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

do you think that gun control will start the next revolution/civil in the usa?

sports89man7
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

With all the gun control going on do you think that it will spark an armed rebellion?...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Gun Control

Hylian_3000
Varrack

This debate is part of the February Beginner's Tournament. 8,000 character limit 72 hour argument time 2500 ELO minimum for voting The topic is Gun Control. Pro: For Gun Control Con: Against Gun Control. I am taking the Pro side of the topic. Gun Control: Generally refers to laws or policies that regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification, or use of firearms. Round 1: Acceptance and Definitions Round 2: Opening Statement and Arguments Round 3: Rebuttal...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The United States Federal Government should increase Gun Control

TBR
lannan13

This debate is for user @lannan13. Thank-you for suggesting the debate, and patience waiting for me to pose it. First round is for acceptance, and I will allow con to set definition, or add specificity to the question. Thanks for waiting lannan13....

14 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gun Control

NASA1234
slafest

Aaron Tabenken February 4, 2015 Gun Control Every year more than 100,000 people are injured or killed by guns in the U.S. Many of these guns are purchased by people who do not have to undergo a background check or are stolen from people who purchased them legally. This is a concern, because we are all at risk of being killed by these weapons. It is hard to believe, but even mentally disturbed people can slip through the background check system and purchase guns. I believe th...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gun control is futile.

IcySound
Commondebator

I will let my opponent argue first. This is my first debate!...

9 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Stricter Gun Control

Varrack
InnovativeEphemera

In this debate, Con will be arguing against stricter gun control. Pro will be arguing for it.Gun control - Government regulation of the sale and ownership of firearms.Pro has the burden of proof and will present his/her arguments in Round 1. Con will rebut those arguments, followed by counter-rebuttals from Pro, and so forth until the debate reaches an end. Pro must pass the last round so that both contenders get an equal number of rounds to provide arguments. <...

4 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gun Control

Ariesx
Philocat

Round 1 is for acceptance, Round 2 is for cases, Round 2 is for cases, Round 3 is for rebuttals, Round 4 is for Defense I will be attacking gun control, and explaining why it is unconstitutional and is not going to solve anything....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Stricter Gun Control Policies

syracuse100
AbandonedSpring

First round is an acceptance round. If you believe stricter gun control policies are better for our nation please accept this challange. I will gladly persuade you otherwise....

3 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Severe gun control

Commondebator
pjh816

Bop is shared. (Kudos to SebUK for giving such amazing arguments to completely change my opinion about gun control. Given well arguments to change my stance. I respect him for that.)First round is acceptance.Definition of severe: (of something bad or undesirable) very great; intense.To clear things up, when I say "severe" gun control, it means almost banning guns, not giving to public use (even with lisence), and cannot own guns inside any home...

8 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago