Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gun Control

patton579
laqueenlee

Two words that send a shiver down my spine. Gun Control. It's just not right. I'm going to provide 3 key points to support why gun control is a very bad idea. The first is the original reason the 2nd Amendment was put in place. That was to make sure that every citizen was armed and ready to rise up against the government in case it became tyrannical because the colonists had just fought a war against one of those governments. My second argument is for self defense. I'm sure you wouldn't want you...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Gun Control

ThatLibertarian
Stefy

Hello. I would like to challenge you to a debate about Gun Control. Hopefully you will accept my challenge. Anyway, I will make my opening argument. I am not in favor of Gun Control, to put it simply. I believe this policy is not only dangerous to citizens and aids in crime, but the right to bear arms if on of the greatest rights American citizens are guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. And while, I believe you do not support the ban of guns, I think also that strictly limiting these rights is...

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gun Control will not make a meaningful difference in the US

TheNobleCasserole
K-rad

I'd like you to just open your mind to a few things that I will say, gun issues in America are talked about a lot, but that doesn't mean they are important. In America media is used to publicize terror and eye-catching news, not so much the important stuff,lets say you saw a headline that said "27 dead, 18 children" you undoubtedly thought that was horrible. On the other hand a crazy man with a gun could have ran into a cafeteria and before he could shoot he was shot by someone else. If no one e...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Gun control does not reduce crime (USA only)

tajshar2k
TheHitchslap

I will be arguing that gun bans do not reduce crime in the United States of America.My opponent will argue that it does.Good Luck...

186 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun control does not reduce crime (U.SA only)

tajshar2k
jackandace

I will be arguing that gun bans do not reduce crime in the United States of America.My opponent will argue that it does.Good Luck ...

11 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun control

Scorchtheblaze
pyevchik

This will be a rematch of the last debate with my opponet as he was unable to finish the argument due to "unexpected circumstances". I wish my opponet luck and look forward to an amazing debate ...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun Control

myleemckinney
jm07249

Despite the intense feelings on both sides of the "gun debate" everyone is motivated by the same thing: Will gun control increase or decrease the number of lives lost? Gun control is defined as the "regulation of the purchase and ownership of firearms in an effort to reduce their criminal or unsafe use" (Funk & Wagnalls, 1). There have been debates throughout time regarding the 2nd Amendment and its meaning. Advocates of gun rights have maintained that the 2nd Amendment gives individuals a fu...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Gun control

Scorchtheblaze
pyevchik

Gun control should not be implemented because it violates the second amendment that was adopted into the bill of rights that gives us Americans the right to bear arms....

9 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Is gun control necessary?

gop_for_usa
AlternativeDavid

Now I understand fully, as a gun lover, that guns can and will be used for evil. But will making guns illegal truly solve anything?! The answer is simply, no. Criminals have a disregard for law so they do not care if they get caught with a gun, nor care if they have an illegal weapon. Now the argument here isn't that. That is just to show criminals have no care for laws or abiding by them. The true argument is if these laws will reduce armed crimes. And once again the answer is no. You may think...

2 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Does the U.S. need tougher Gun Control Laws?

bartset
Varrack

I think that the U.S. needs tougher gun control laws, because everyday, more than one person is killed in a gun related murder or accident. Gun dealers should have to get a license before selling dangerous items to random people on the market. They should also be forced to conduct a background check and ask a few questions to make sure this person is a law-abiding citizen....

2 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago