Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Would stricter Gun Control laws reduce crime?

RamPride58
jigar

Would enforcing stricter gun control laws reduce crime? Do guns kill people, or do people kill people?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Gun Control Prevents Violence

StarHunter
AbandonedSpring

Simple Rules: R1 is opening statements, R2 is for proof and rebuttals, and R3 is for closing arguments. Pro gets the first word, Con gets the last word. BEGIN! Violence is a lack of self-control that results in a desire to hurt or destroy. It is usually direct outward of the person experiencing the stress and frustration that is at the root of the violent behavior. But it can be self-directed also. It commonly results from a person's loss of rational thought when placed under stress. The over...

1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Series 1 Episode 5 : *RETAKE* Severe Gun Control is good for Society.

SebUK
Commondebator

The Burden of Proof is on Pro I'm only here to create counter-arguments. Do not accept the debate if you haven't been a member for at least a month ....

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gun control

AbandonedSpring
justiceandtruth

While complete gun control would infringe upon our 2nd amendment rights, it should be acceptable for a higher body to regulate to purchase, sales, and ownership of certain types of weapons. To begin, I would like to define the word gun control as: "the regulation of the selling, owning, and use of guns". -Merriam Webster Dictionary This is my first debate on this website, so please keep your argument sweet and to the point. I have previous knowledge of debate. Round 1: Opening argument Roun...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Series 1 Episode 5 : Severe Gun Control is good for Society

SebUK
wiro

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

no gun control in america

dancampbell869
Lukas8

The first round is just to accept the debate. Good luck to the challenger!...

5 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Stricter Gun Control? Or Fine the Way it is? Or Less Gun Control?

hsif
Vajrasattva-LeRoy

All topics on gun control have been won by the side for gun control, so I will try to reverse that. I wish for a proper and respectable discussion on gun control in United States and how strict/lenient it should be. My position on gun control is moderate; current legislation will work, but I do not agree with the Hughes Amendment or the Importation Ban portion of the Gun Control Act of 1968....

6 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun Control

cal352
AlternativeDavid

The belief that enforcing stricter gun laws on those who use guns for good(gun owners who protect themselves, their families, and potentially prevent crimes) will keep guns off the streets(from those who buy guns off the black market rather than a gun store " obviously requiring no permit, no background check, etc) is very foolish. If this method were actually effective, then illegal drugs would not be an issue. Vilifying gun owners by imposing gun restrictions make it tougher for registered, l...

4 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun control in America.

debatergorl
ColePanell

I would like to debate for gun control in America. I am a firm believer that we need to work towards protecting our citizens, and this idea should outshine all else. The first round is for acceptance only please. As I know this is a very heated debate, remember to keep debates in the debate world and do not let it carry outside of that. Also, a word to voters- please try to put your bias aside and only vote for who made a better case. Thank you....

5 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

The gun control debate is not this simple (see for details)

MyDinosaurHands
Tilar

16 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago