Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Severe gun control

Commondebator
pjh816

Bop is shared. (Kudos to SebUK for giving such amazing arguments to completely change my opinion about gun control. Given well arguments to change my stance. I respect him for that.)First round is acceptance.Definition of severe: (of something bad or undesirable) very great; intense.To clear things up, when I say "severe" gun control, it means almost banning guns, not giving to public use (even with lisence), and cannot own guns inside any home...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Gun Control

Magma_Crafter
AbandonedSpring

I believe gun control should not be a thing because there are numerous ways to get guns. 1. Make it yourself 2. Buy it Illegally 3. Become a police officer There's probably even more. So if a guy decided that he wanted to have a gun for recreational purposes he would go through the background check after he got a gun license. Like all licenses it needs to be renewed. Now on the off chance he became angry or started having criminal thoughts he might rely on his already registered and purchased...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Gun control

Texas14
imnotacop

Resolved: Gun control is more ineffective than effective. Rules: Forfeiture will result in immediate loss of conduct points. Sources will be required for rounds 2, 3 and 4. Proper spelling and grammar will be used. Occasional errors or typos are fine. Format: Round 1- Acceptance Round 2- Round 2- Opening Contentions and some rebuttals Round 3- Rebuttals Round 4- Rebuttals and Conclusion I look forward to the debate and thank whoever accepts it....

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Stricter gun control laws

sjrrj
Shrek_sDrecKid

Guns are a major problem in the US. People believe that more guns will save you. That is not the case. They can be stolen easily, especially by kids, if stored in the house and its just dangerous. I don't know why people are so in favor of guns. They are dangerous and bad. They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." That's just dumb. Yes the person used a gun to kill someone but a gun was still the weapon. It still killed someone. Our country needs very strict gun control laws. Massac...

3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Concerning Gun Control...

LeStudMuffin
Kaynex

Here's my position on this: Gun control is ridiculous. Evil wil always find a way to do evil. Sure, a background check may be necessary, but taking guns away is only taking them out of the hands of the victims....

8 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Severe Gun Control.

SebUK
Commondebator

This time the BoP is shared , Round 1 is for acceptance only....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gun Control Prevents Violence

StarHunter
AbandonedSpring

Simple Rules: R1 is opening statements, R2 is for proof and rebuttals, and R3 is for closing arguments. Pro gets the first word, Con gets the last word. BEGIN! Violence is a lack of self-control that results in a desire to hurt or destroy. It is usually direct outward of the person experiencing the stress and frustration that is at the root of the violent behavior. But it can be self-directed also. It commonly results from a person's loss of rational thought when placed under stress. The over...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Series 1 Episode 5 : *RETAKE* Severe Gun Control is good for Society.

SebUK
Commondebator

The Burden of Proof is on Pro I'm only here to create counter-arguments. Do not accept the debate if you haven't been a member for at least a month ....

13 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gun control

AbandonedSpring
justiceandtruth

While complete gun control would infringe upon our 2nd amendment rights, it should be acceptable for a higher body to regulate to purchase, sales, and ownership of certain types of weapons. To begin, I would like to define the word gun control as: "the regulation of the selling, owning, and use of guns". -Merriam Webster Dictionary This is my first debate on this website, so please keep your argument sweet and to the point. I have previous knowledge of debate. Round 1: Opening argument Roun...

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Series 1 Episode 5 : Severe Gun Control is good for Society

SebUK
wiro

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago