Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gun control

Scorchtheblaze
pyevchik

Gun control should not be implemented because it violates the second amendment that was adopted into the bill of rights that gives us Americans the right to bear arms....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Is gun control necessary?

gop_for_usa
AlternativeDavid

Now I understand fully, as a gun lover, that guns can and will be used for evil. But will making guns illegal truly solve anything?! The answer is simply, no. Criminals have a disregard for law so they do not care if they get caught with a gun, nor care if they have an illegal weapon. Now the argument here isn't that. That is just to show criminals have no care for laws or abiding by them. The true argument is if these laws will reduce armed crimes. And once again the answer is no. You may think...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Does the U.S. need tougher Gun Control Laws?

bartset
Varrack

I think that the U.S. needs tougher gun control laws, because everyday, more than one person is killed in a gun related murder or accident. Gun dealers should have to get a license before selling dangerous items to random people on the market. They should also be forced to conduct a background check and ask a few questions to make sure this person is a law-abiding citizen....

2 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gun control

Zack_H
16kadams

Gun control is an unnecessary thing, and gun ownership should not be barred. Guns don't kill people- people kill people. In most mass shootings, the killer always takes his/her life. They started the attack with the full knowledge that they would die, and carried through with it. This shows that they WILL find a way to kill people-- whether with knives, arson, or other methods. This can be prevented by keeping a closer watch on mentally ill people and improving their welfare....

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

We need more gun control

GarlicBred24
tajshar2k

Gun control is the way to go. Too many school shootings, too many deaths, why not just ban guns altogether for a safer America...

9 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun Control

luchau
Robert_Weiler

Rebuttal to this? I would argue that an AR-15 is much more lethal then either grenades or a flamethrower. If I have either of those two devices I am limited to inflicting damage to people within about a 40 yard range. With a standard AR-15 my range is greatly increased to over 200 yards. I would argue that an AR-15 is a weapon of mass destruction in a civilian setting. In your opinion what is so recreational about it? The fact that it holds a standard 30 round magazine (that can easily be upgra...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

do you think that gun control will start the next revolution/civil in the usa?

sports89man7
ResponsiblyIrresponsible

With all the gun control going on do you think that it will spark an armed rebellion?...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun Control

Hylian_3000
Varrack

This debate is part of the February Beginner's Tournament. 8,000 character limit 72 hour argument time 2500 ELO minimum for voting The topic is Gun Control. Pro: For Gun Control Con: Against Gun Control. I am taking the Pro side of the topic. Gun Control: Generally refers to laws or policies that regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification, or use of firearms. Round 1: Acceptance and Definitions Round 2: Opening Statement and Arguments Round 3: Rebuttal...

4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The United States Federal Government should increase Gun Control

TBR
lannan13

This debate is for user @lannan13. Thank-you for suggesting the debate, and patience waiting for me to pose it. First round is for acceptance, and I will allow con to set definition, or add specificity to the question. Thanks for waiting lannan13....

14 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun Control

NASA1234
slafest

Aaron Tabenken February 4, 2015 Gun Control Every year more than 100,000 people are injured or killed by guns in the U.S. Many of these guns are purchased by people who do not have to undergo a background check or are stolen from people who purchased them legally. This is a concern, because we are all at risk of being killed by these weapons. It is hard to believe, but even mentally disturbed people can slip through the background check system and purchase guns. I believe th...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago