Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gun control. Obama, keep away from my gun.

Goob_16_2001
DeuceKaboose

I believe that Obama needs to keep away from my gun....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Gun control is necessary.

pencilpusher
SilentRaven102

This is an open style debate where we use our round to WRITE arguments that support our position. We're not opponents. I do not own a firearm, nor do I plan to own one. People will simply side with their favorite debater. There's no burden of proof unless you've been accused of a crime, in which case I strongly urge you DO NOT accept this debate. This isn't court. I am neither a judge nor a lawyer. Seriously! You get 7000 words to present your arguments and position, that's about 1000 words, pro...

5 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Welfare, Social Security, Abortion, and Gun Control all violate the Constitution

FollowJesus
katie.snappy

This debate will be based on the four subjects above in the topic: Welfare, Social Security, Abortion, and Gun control. Con will be arguing that those four subjects are legal in accordance with the constitution. This is a semi informal debate, although it would be appreciated if you put a short bio in round 1 in order to show viewers your exact stance on the situation. Bio: I am a conservative all American capitalist who believes that welfare, Social Security, Abortion, and Gun Control not o...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Should we tighten gun control laws?

GameriseProductions
Med_Hassan_Bangs

Full ResolutionGun control laws should be tightened.BoP is shared; I have to prove that gun control laws should remain the same. My opponent, in contrast, has to prove that our current gun control laws are too lenient and therefore should be strictened. DefinitionsGun control - "regulation of the selling, owning, and use of guns" Rules1. First r...

5 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Gun Control

ThatLibertarian
Stefy

Hello. I would like to challenge you to a debate about Gun Control. Hopefully you will accept my challenge. Anyway, I will make my opening argument. I am not in favor of Gun Control, to put it simply. I believe this policy is not only dangerous to citizens and aids in crime, but the right to bear arms if on of the greatest rights American citizens are guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. And while, I believe you do not support the ban of guns, I think also that strictly limiting these rights is...

7 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun Control will not make a meaningful difference in the US

TheNobleCasserole
K-rad

I'd like you to just open your mind to a few things that I will say, gun issues in America are talked about a lot, but that doesn't mean they are important. In America media is used to publicize terror and eye-catching news, not so much the important stuff,lets say you saw a headline that said "27 dead, 18 children" you undoubtedly thought that was horrible. On the other hand a crazy man with a gun could have ran into a cafeteria and before he could shoot he was shot by someone else. If no one e...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Gun control does not reduce crime (USA only)

tajshar2k
TheHitchslap

I will be arguing that gun bans do not reduce crime in the United States of America.My opponent will argue that it does.Good Luck...

219 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Gun control does not reduce crime (U.SA only)

tajshar2k
jackandace

I will be arguing that gun bans do not reduce crime in the United States of America.My opponent will argue that it does.Good Luck ...

11 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Gun control

Scorchtheblaze
pyevchik

This will be a rematch of the last debate with my opponet as he was unable to finish the argument due to "unexpected circumstances". I wish my opponet luck and look forward to an amazing debate ...

0 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Gun Control

myleemckinney
jm07249

Despite the intense feelings on both sides of the "gun debate" everyone is motivated by the same thing: Will gun control increase or decrease the number of lives lost? Gun control is defined as the "regulation of the purchase and ownership of firearms in an effort to reduce their criminal or unsafe use" (Funk & Wagnalls, 1). There have been debates throughout time regarding the 2nd Amendment and its meaning. Advocates of gun rights have maintained that the 2nd Amendment gives individuals a fu...

0 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago