Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Iran had a right to declare war on Iraq

Haxis288
TF2PRO

Iran had the right to invade Iraq the Caus Belili was obvious. Saddam Hussien was a insult to the Ba'ath Party of Iraq and attacked the Shi'ite Majortiy that Iran became the defender of in 1979. Saddam also Funded Wahabi Groups which is Anti-Shia and a embarrassment to Islam. He also petrayed the Arab Socialist Ba'ath party and acted more like a Fascist than a Socialist. He also betrayed the Assad family in Syria banned Ashura and Closed of Imam Hussien and Ali shrines. He was a Sunni running a...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Iraq war was justified

Adam2
theHomelessPanda

England and Denmark were definitely in it for imperialism. I suspect it being that both countries have had imperial empires, and I don't think it has ended. But that aside, CIA reports show that there were no weapons of mass destruction ( here are some sources for you -- http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7634313/#.UmWpLvmsiSo http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3718150.stm http://www.leadingtowar.com/claims_facts_noweapons.php http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_he...

6 Comments
Updated 6 Months Ago

The Iraq War

Ameliamk1
theHomelessPanda

I ask everyone who views this to have an open mind. I understand the Iraq War is among the unpopular wars in American history, only behind Vietnam, so please view and vote on what you read, not what you think. With that said, I will be debating that the Iraq War was good and just, and one of the most noble undertakings in human history. (Note I said one of the most, not the most, so please don't start listing wars). Round 1 is for acceptance only, and may the best man win!...

10 Comments
Updated 7 Months Ago

The Iraq War was Justified!

TheHitchslap
Cody_Franklin

Standard DDO Rules of Conduct Apply!My BOP is to show that the Iraq War was justified! Uhrah!...

28 Comments
Updated 9 Months Ago

The Iraq War was Justified!

TheHitchslap
ConservativePolitico

Standard DDO Rules of Conduct Apply!My BOP is to show that the Iraq War was justified! Uhrah! ...

5 Comments
Updated 9 Months Ago

Iraq War

utahjoker
DoctorDeku

The first round is acceptance followed by one round of case building no rebutting the opponents argument. I will be arguing to end the Iraq war while the opponent must give reason to stay in the Iraq war. Good luck...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago

The war in Iraq was a joke

Like_a_Boss
AmericanPatriot

Round 1- Opening Remarks Round 2- Arguments Round 3- Conclusions I think that invading Iraq in the way that we did was a huge mistake and a waste of American lives. It could have been handled much better, and if anything it just destabilized the situation in the Middle East further....

0 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago

The Iraq War was justified

Chelicerae
larztheloser

DefintionsIraq War--The 2003 invasion of Iraq by the 'Coalition of the Willing'.Justified--Having, done for, or marked by a good or legitimate reason

10 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago

The Iraq War was not justified

Chelicerae
TheHitchslap

I am a person who was, until about a month ago, in favor of the Iraq war. I actually discussed my support for the war with the Hitchslap over PM when I saw his debate with LordKnuckle. However, I have come to the conclusion that the Iraq war was not justified. My research of the Hitchslap's arguments show me that while they are convincing on the surface, they do not hold up to strict scrutiny and factual information. Hence, I challenge him to a debate on whether or not the Iraq war was justif...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago

Resolved: On balance, the United States was justified in going to war with Iraq

Lordknukle
TheHitchslap

As per a forum request, I herby formally challenge the views of my oppoent.The resolution is stated above. The BOP is on my opponent to prove why intervening was justified, which he shall begin in Round 1. To prevent a disadvantage, my opponent cannot post anything short of a rhetorical statement for the last round.Justified- Legally, economically, morally, or politically correct. Good luck! ...

46 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago