Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Iraq war

Muhammad_ali123
dexterbeagle

The Iraq War began on March 20, 2003 with the invasion of Iraq by troops from the United States and Great Britain. This war has also come to be known by several other names including Operation Iraqi Freedom and the Second Gulf War. Before the invasion, the government of the United States claimed that there was a possibility that Iraq was storing weapons of mass destruction that posed a threat to the wellbeing of the United States and other nations. The United Nations asked Iraq to cooperate w...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Do we need another War in Iraq?

64bithuman
Haroush

1st Round: Acceptance2nd Round: Arguments (Save the Rebuttals)3rd + 4th Round: RebuttalsWith the recent developments in Iraq, the question is quite simple. Do we need another war in Iraq to clean up the country? Does the current situation warrant such a war?I'll be against another Invasion. (Con)Pro will be for another War/Invasion....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Do we need another War in Iraq?

64bithuman
Haroush

1st Round: Acceptance 2nd Round: Arguments (Save the Rebuttals) 3rd + 4th Round: Rebuttals With the recent developments in Iraq, the question is quite simple. Do we need another war in Iraq to clean up the country? Does the current situation warrant such a war? I'll be against another Invasion. (Con) Pro will be for another War/Invasion....

5 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Iran had a right to declare war on Iraq

Haxis288
TF2PRO

Iran had the right to invade Iraq the Caus Belili was obvious. Saddam Hussien was a insult to the Ba'ath Party of Iraq and attacked the Shi'ite Majortiy that Iran became the defender of in 1979. Saddam also Funded Wahabi Groups which is Anti-Shia and a embarrassment to Islam. He also petrayed the Arab Socialist Ba'ath party and acted more like a Fascist than a Socialist. He also betrayed the Assad family in Syria banned Ashura and Closed of Imam Hussien and Ali shrines. He was a Sunni running a...

7 Comments
Updated 7 Months Ago

Iraq war was justified

Adam2
theHomelessPanda

England and Denmark were definitely in it for imperialism. I suspect it being that both countries have had imperial empires, and I don't think it has ended. But that aside, CIA reports show that there were no weapons of mass destruction ( here are some sources for you -- http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7634313/#.UmWpLvmsiSo http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3718150.stm http://www.leadingtowar.com/claims_facts_noweapons.php http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_he...

6 Comments
Updated 9 Months Ago

The Iraq War

Ameliamk1
theHomelessPanda

I ask everyone who views this to have an open mind. I understand the Iraq War is among the unpopular wars in American history, only behind Vietnam, so please view and vote on what you read, not what you think. With that said, I will be debating that the Iraq War was good and just, and one of the most noble undertakings in human history. (Note I said one of the most, not the most, so please don't start listing wars). Round 1 is for acceptance only, and may the best man win!...

10 Comments
Updated 10 Months Ago

The Iraq War was Justified!

TheHitchslap
Cody_Franklin

Standard DDO Rules of Conduct Apply!My BOP is to show that the Iraq War was justified! Uhrah!...

28 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago

The Iraq War was Justified!

TheHitchslap
ConservativePolitico

Standard DDO Rules of Conduct Apply!My BOP is to show that the Iraq War was justified! Uhrah! ...

5 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago

Iraq War

utahjoker
DoctorDeku

The first round is acceptance followed by one round of case building no rebutting the opponents argument. I will be arguing to end the Iraq war while the opponent must give reason to stay in the Iraq war. Good luck...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago

The war in Iraq was a joke

Like_a_Boss
AmericanPatriot

Round 1- Opening Remarks Round 2- Arguments Round 3- Conclusions I think that invading Iraq in the way that we did was a huge mistake and a waste of American lives. It could have been handled much better, and if anything it just destabilized the situation in the Middle East further....

0 Comments
Updated 1 Year Ago