Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

should not wearing a seatbelt be illegal

cdeaason44

i see how people get hurt by not wearing seat belts, but at the same time, i see that the only person possibly being hurt by this action is the one who made the decision. One of my family members was almost killed by wearing a seat belt and the end result is that he will never even think about wearing a seat belt again. I've seen more people hurt by wearing seat belts then not, so personally i think it should be the drivers decision to wear one or not....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Minutes Ago

School dress codes?

edias323
aaron101

If you look at dress codes you notice that the codes are more enforced onto girls. I think the problem is society and that we have over sexualized the women's body. Boys are made to have pants up and sleeves. But girls must wear long skirts (which are hard to find in stores and inconvenient), cover bare shoulders (which is another reason that females body are over sexualized), bra straps covers, no leggings, over excessive pants, shorts must be a 'modest' length (what gives them a right to decid...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Minutes Ago

people should stop being racist

harvard
kakaxveglvr107

people should stop being racist and stop fighting cuz people are from different race....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Ban on smoking

jp_porwisz10
Jamespend

Round 1: Opening statements Round 2: Facts/Argument Round 3: Facts/Argument Round 4: Closing statements I look forward to my opponent's reponse. Good luck. Smoking is a killing thing and needs to be banned...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 59 Minutes Ago

Everyone is a faggot

Mr.Trollz
Mhykiel

Everyone here is a faggot and they're gay....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Non-sexual public nudity should be legal

Greedav
LazyDemonKaizo

Unfortunately, my last debate about public nudity ended due to my opponent's repeated forfeitures. As such, I will copy my first argument directly from my previous debate. Please post your arguments/rebuttals in the first round. CONTENTION 1: Banning non-sexual nudity in public violates the right to our bodies. The phrase "my body, my choice" is often repeated in the abortion debate; however, it also proves a good argument in the public nudity debate. It is simply wrong for a governmen...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Unborn children should be considered human life regardless of growth stage

godsend221
Theatheistprophet

My position is that unborn chilren are human life regardless of growth stage in the mother's womb....

Debating Period
16 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Is 1/3 = 1

chilli0919
lannan13

Suppose this was not the case, i.e. 0.9999... != 1. Then 0.9999... < 1 (I hope we agree on that). But between two distinct real numbers, there's always another one (say x) in between, hence 0.9999... < x < 1. The decimal representation of x must have a digit somewhere that is not 9 (otherwise x == 0.9999...). But that means it's actually smaller " x < 0.9999..., contradicting the definition of x. Thus, the assumption that there's a number between 0.9999... and 1 is false, hence they're equ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

should and 15 years old student leave school and work

chilli0919
SegfaultNH

In order for students to be successful in life they must go to school and get a degree. If all students only went to school till the 9th grade we would have no real professions. No doctors,lawyers, professors, scientists, none of that. Now, students can dropout once they are 16 years of age (in Florida), but if they choose not to they can go on and be successful. You are saying that there should be no colleges and that after the 9th grade students start working and they receive no further educat...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 50 Minutes Ago

Dragonheart is the best fantasy movie

perplexingstories
The_Scapegoat_bleats

I argue that Dragonheart is the best fantasy movie. There are three rounds to this debate 1. Elaboration 2. Evidence through links 3. Votes First off, Dragonheart is the best because it blends comedy, important lessons, family friendliness, good acting, well written script, exciting plot, and several more and it has been around since 1996 and 4 years later spawned an equaly great sequel...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago