Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: Abortion ought to be preserved as a medical practice worldwide

LDBen

Resolved: Abortion ought to be preserved as a medical practice worldwide I will argue against this resolution and the opponent will argue for it. May the best debater win! -LDBen P.S. You can post your first argument below. DO NOT post an acceptance message. Simply offer your arguments. P.S.S. Please do not go off on a 10,000 character tangent with no stated arguments. It would make it easier for me and the judges to read you debate. I.E. 1. XXXX 2. XXXXX NOT 1. XXXXXXXAUISHDJAS...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Donald Trump Colluded with the Russians

Krueger515

Please accept only if you plan to complete the debate. Thanks and good luck! Please use the first round to acknowledge and accept the scope of argument and challenge respectively. The arguments will begin in round 2. This is an all-out war of evidence! Show me what you got! Let's keep this cordial. I understand that this can be a heated topic but let's have a good and thorough look at the available evidence and judge the facts with an open mind. I will maintain an open mind if you wil...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

THBT schools should operate on a four day basis

Himsleythehamster

I think that schools SHOULD NOT operate on a four day basis. Now I will present one of the argument, as the negative side I think that school should not operate a four day basis because students will be lazy and learn lesser in school, maybe when they grow up, they might know lesser then some other do....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Do you support net neutrality?

Coolguy11
Awesomeiron12

I thought I'd start a classic net neutrality (NN) debate. I think both sides make sense but I personally don't support it. If I understand correctly, NN is the belief that Internet service providers (ISPs) must not block certain content or charge money to view it. It basically sounds like the government telling a business (the ISP) how to provide their service, which I find to be an infringement on the business' liberty....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should Canada be held responsible for events that happened in decades or centuries past?

Ashley24chen

What had happened in the past(residential schools, japanese internment, racism). Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said "Saying that we are sorry today is not enough. It will not undo the harm that was done to you. It will not bring back the languages and traditions you lost. It will not take away the isolation and vulnerability you felt when you separated from your families, communities and cultures," and ended it with "We share this burden with you by fully accepting our responsibilities"and our f...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

The death penaltys cruel and unusual punishment

lukert11
I_just_plant_the_seed

In this debate I will be arguing that the death penalty classifies as cruel and unusual punishment. I also will argue that it bypasses rehabilitation as a whole. It should be outlawed. If the ICJ doesn't use it on war criminals how could it be argued that it should be used on people who have killed two people. Do not start if you will not finish, and please respond in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks and good luck...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Minutes Ago

There should not be Mandatory Vaccinations

CatalyticConvertersRule
ILUVROBLOX43

It is a HUGE SCAM by big Pharma. I don't care what anyone says!!!...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Abortion is morally wrong.

TylerLamb
somerandomvideocreator

Pro will argue that abortion is morally wrong in every circumstance. Con can either argue that abortion is never morally wrong, or that there are circumstances where abortion is not immoral. This debate is not about the legality or constitutionality of abortion, only its morality. All human life is valuable and no one is inherently superior to anyone else. Given that human life has value, killing a human is immoral. Logically, an abortion would be immoral if the fetus is a human life. I argue...

Debating Period
15 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Anti-aging science will lead to unsustainable population growth.

TheEPICpie
somerandomvideocreator

In just recent years, anti-aging science has come a long way. There are anti-aging treatments that are going into, or are already in human trials. It honestly wouldn't be surprising if just within a decade the average life expectancy shot up from 80 to 150, and that's only with treatments that could be available, like I said, only a decade from now. Another decade or two after that, the life expectancy could be 200, 300, maybe even 500. This raises a question though. Can the world support a pop...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

The technological progress from now to 2060 will be larger than the progress made from 1920's to now

TheEPICpie
tumeric

Technology is growing quicker every day, and I personally believe this exponential growth will be going at such a quick rate in the future that 2017 to 2060 will be a bigger technological leap than 1920 to 2017 by many many times....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago