Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

State governments are a much greater threat to American rights than the national government

novatheunderstanding

Over the years, American citizens have had rights, such as the due process clause and the right to free expression, infringed upon by various governmental bodies, namely the states. Long, drawn court battles have been fought against state governments in order to secure rights that have already been promised to U.S. citizens, such as in Mapp vs. Ohio (protection from unreasonable search and seizure), Skinner vs. Oklahoma (protection from "compulsory sterilization"), and Near vs. Minnesota (protec...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 33 Minutes Ago

Should countries adopt heavier penalties for drug use and drug trafficking.

chanika99

Countries should adopt heavier penalties so that people will be more aware of the consequences ....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 46 Minutes Ago

Does Social Media Foster Gender Relations Among Youth

jugheadjones

Youth is the age of confusion, dramatism and emotional changes among people. Social media is like an icing to the cake. People post and watch pics posted on Instagram by others and thus get attracted to each other. Facebook is like a world within the world. Here people talk to ones they don't even know about which may also lead to a relationship. Other social networking sites also help in communicating with others. People get to talk to each other in a cheap way and they can stay conne...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should people debate while under the effects of alcohol? Specifically, 1-8 light beers.

Jellyfysh624
jugheadjones

At this point I have consumed 6 Heineken beers in the last 4 hours. I feel as if my mind is more open and my argument conduction is the same, if not better, than when I am sober. To defeat me in the debate one must, convince the voters that one should not conduct any arguments while under the effects of a certain amount of alcohol. For me to win I must convince the voters that it is acceptable to debate while intoxicated to the extent specified below.To be specific as to how int...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 36 Minutes Ago

Marxist Capitalists control the economy.

Max.Wallace
SebUK

Deny it and the BOP is on you. Bring it commie cappie Marx....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Nuclear power is the least cost and fastest way to substantially cut GHG emissions from electricity

PeterLang

Nuclear power is the least cost and fastest way to substantially cut GHG emissions from electricity 1 Energy supply requirements The most important requirements for energy supply are: 1. Energy security (refers to the long term; it is especially relevant for extended periods of economic and trade disputes or military disruptions that could threaten energy supply, e.g. 1970"s oil crises [1], world wars, Russia cuts" off gas supplies to Europe). 2. Reliability of supply (over periods...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

is prostitution wrong

supermistercrazy
Imperfiect

prostitution should be banned because of the disastrous consequences for the prostitution. There is std"s also rape, molesting and also if the condom or pills fail, then the prostitute will either have to get an abortion or keep the baby and a lot of kids who grow up with a mother or father as a prostitute is both the best for the child. So me and a lot of other people think prostitution should be banned....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

It is probable to assume that the U.S. and China will go to war within the next 50 years

CountCheechula

In order for me to win this debate I must prove that it is probable to assume that the U.S. and China will go to war within the next 50 years. In order for you to win this debate you must prove that it is not probable to assume that the U.S. and China will go to war within the next 50 years. 1st round is NOT acceptance. Thanks and I hope for a fascinating discussion....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Games do not cause people to become violent.

commonsenseguy
moneystacker

There have been an increasing number of school shootings. People have been linking video games to violence, which apparently causes these school shootings. But I am here to prove that video games do not make people violent. I am awaiting a con....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Atheists are ignorant

Godisreal21
sherlockholmesfan2798

They are...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago