Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Pregnancy Begins at Conception - not Implantation. ACOG is wrong.

Chuz-Life

** For the purpose of screening candidates, this deabate should be near impossible for you to accept. However, if you are interested in accepting the role of defending ACOG's position in this debate, please make yourself known in the comments section. **The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) has issued the following statement in response to recent 'personhood' measures by some States in the U.S.

10 Comments
Updated 40 Minutes Ago

Astrology is pseudoscience.

SirMaximus

Astrology has been believed in since c. 1000 BCE, at the latest. Many people still believe in some form of astrology today- nearly every newspaper has a daily column devoted to it. However, I argue that the belief in astrology is pure superstition. Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto were not discovered until after the creation of astrology. The earliest astrologers only took the other planets in our solar system into account. This, I argue, destroys the very basis of astrology, because it debunks how as...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 42 Minutes Ago

Denmark committed atrocities during the conquest of Greenland.

Adam2
The_Immortal_Emris

I will argue for the case. First is for acceptance....

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

It takes just as much faith to believe in evolution as it does to believe in God.

djwood
Free_Th1nker

It today's secular society, especially in schools, it is taught that evolution is "scientific", therefore correct, while believe in a superior being, such as God, is "religious", therefore incorrect and improper to teach in schools. In this debate, I will prove that there is just as much evidence for a superior being/God as there is for evolution....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Students should be engaged in extra curricular activities

prefdave
soumya_a_thomas

The first round of this debate will be views on the topic, and the same pattern will continue throughout the debate, with the choice of rebuttals and counters from the second round onwards. The adage "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" has acquired a lot of significance today. This is because today"s kids are told to "Play less and study more!" Kids today are forced to get very high GPAs (Grade Point Averages) or secure very high percentages (read unrealistically high!). Thanks to the...

Debating Period
15 Comments
Updated 39 Minutes Ago

This house believes that the media should not televise real extreme violence

Confucius01
dexterbeagle

Real extreme violence should not be televised on the media as currently in this era of technology many of us are easily influenced by it and tend to follow every single step taken as shown in the media. Those who are caught are normally the teenagers who are still fragile in their early stages of life and haven't seen much of the real world. Since they have a lack of experience in such events they seem to believe everything portrayed by the media and have an urge to follow it. Secondly, as wh...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 52 Minutes Ago

The "fine-tuning" argument is NOT a good argument

Burncastle

First round is for acceptance and I would like my opponent to give me his version of the fine-tuning argument in syllogistic form in order to make sure that I am not attacking a strawman. If you are not sure whether your argument counts as "fine-tuning argument" then please post it in the comment so that I can assess it.By "NOT good" I mean that either the validity or the soundness of the argument are not well supported. Soundness will most likely be the focus of this debate.

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Jesus solidified concept of hell, initiated that hell involved fire and torture, and was eternal

dairygirl4u2c

Jesus solidified concept of hell, initiated that hell involved fire and torture, and was eternal if you ask most jewish people, they have no real concept of hell. in OTestament teachings, there was a worst a temporary depressive state in the afterlife. when jesus came along, he started teaching about it being eternal, and involves hellfire, and other torture. Matthew 25 41 "Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Jesus solidified concept o' hell, initiated that hell involved fire and torture, and was eternal

dairygirl4u2c

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

On balance, students in grades 6-12 in the United States benefit when their schools offer interschol

ivanblank

Introduction: As John Gerdy argues in his book, Sports in School, "our sports programs are elitist and exclusionary, neither designed nor conducted with the health benefits of participants in mind. Gerdy contends that "If we were interested in deriving the greatest health return on dollars spent on athletics, more resources would be spent on broad-based, participatory intramural, club and physical education programs than on the current programs designed to cater to a small population of elite at...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago