Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Why the death penalty is ineffective and should be banned by the house

Samuel60

In this debate I will be arguing that the death penalty is ineffective and due to its ineffectiveness it should be banned by the house. This is how I will put it down: 1.Introduction of the debate (first round) 2.Opponent's statement that he/she will agree to debate. 3.Arguments from both 4.Rebuttal/or counter argument 5.Conclusion Rules: 1.Include sources of the information that you've used. 2.Vulgar language is obviously disallowed. 3.Follow the list on the top. Agruments first...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 57 Seconds Ago

Rap Battle : Open Challenge

Mikal

This is an open Rap Battle. It can be me vs you, (x) person vs (y) person. Throw out some ideas and I will take the best one in the comments. Make it worth my while. It can be a persona like (Hitler) vs (Jesus) or even two DDO figures. It could just simply be a battle between me and you. I will take the best competitor from my own perspective. Con takes the first round, meaning he starts following this in Round 1. He will pass on Round 4 to even out the rounds. Failure to type anythin...

Challenge Period
69 Comments
Updated 12 Minutes Ago

Marxism vs. Anarcho-communism

Chimera

Con will represent anarcho-communism, Pro will represent Marxism (pro may choose which brand of Marxism they wish to represent, please notify this in the comments section.). The BoP (which is shared) for both sides will be to show which system is superior. First round is acceptance.This debate is impossible to accept, please note your interest in the comments section. Any feedback on definitions/debate conditions would be appreciated.D...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 12 Minutes Ago

Anarchism and capitalism are incompatible.

Chimera

I will be arguing that anarchism and capitalism are incompatible ideologies. The BoP will be shared. First round is acceptance.Also, this debate is impossible to accept. Please note your interest in the comments section.Definitions:Capitalism: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments th...

Challenge Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

atheist

cliffy

Atheists have always walked this Earth. We survived the Sumerian 'gods' the Egyptian 'gods' the Hindu 'gods the Jewish 'gods' the Roman 'gods' and the whole host of twisted offshoots calling for our murder for speaking the truth - the Emperor has no clothes - gods don't exist - it's all mental illness and tricks to control and exploit people. From the Egyptian priests who tried to murder Hero of Alexandria for exposing their miracles with science though the Christians of the Dark Ages to the Mu...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

These love poems are more full of love than Shakespeares sonnet 18

shakuntala
KhalifV

These love poems are more full of love than Shakespeares sonnet 18 http://www.scribd.com/doc/234240149/Mystical-Verses-erotic-poetry so lets start with a definition of love http://www.thefreedictionary.com/love 1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness. 2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to mak...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 7 Minutes Ago

Truth_seeker (Christian) vs. atheist/agnostic rap battle

Truth_seeker
YaHey

lol it's about to get disrespectful I'm callin out the unbelievers who blatantly diss religion denyin' the fact that their views are also a personal decision Claimin i'ma Christian raised that way, could be a satanist Sayin' family tradition matters, i guess also applies to an atheist N' to all agnostics dissin' a creationist as they persist n' persist Woah wait a minute, i thought ya'll said your uncertain he exists? Atheists bicker n' claim for God, there's no evidence Denyi...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

I'm going to win. 2+2=4 I'm the best

Korov007
nzlockie

2+2=4. This is supported by people and calculators all over the world. And 2 dogs plus 2 dogs equals 4 dogs....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Feminism

Korov007
YaHey

Feminism is a threat to society. Feminism encourages false rape accusations and stereotyping men as bad. I'm not saying that women don't have the same rights as men. I'm saying threatening to call the police for something ridiculous is completely obscure. I didn't know who to debate so I just put a random name lol...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Rap Battles on DDO Should Employ Vocals Since Vocals are the Meaning in Rap

ShadowKingStudios

The Premise for each opponent goes:Pro: Rap Battles on DDO should include at least one vocal representation of the written lyrics.Con: Rap Battles on DDO sh...

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago