Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 7

Race is a Poor Indicator for Differences Between Humans

kylet357

I am starting this debate as another one I took part in with a similar subject didn't continue past my acceptance of the debate. I'm going to explain my position(s): -I am of the opinion that race is poorly defined in general, and does not hold any scientific weight. The slight variations in skin colour and any other physical properties does not warrant any reason to separate these so-called 'races' of humanity, and this goes two-fold for those that hold these races to be separate species of hu...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 39 Minutes Ago

Do you agree with surrogacy?

katiesun

I was struggling with infertility issues for a long time of my life. We've been trying a lot of options but nothing has worked for us. we thought we would never feel the happiness of parenthood. After some time of searching and decisions we made up our minds for this option. I know this is a quite hard issue to accept because it invokes moral aspects but I believe it to be a miracle. I'm so grateful we earned a needed sum of money and started our journey. I even don't want other people telling...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

The Philosophy of Relativism

JimShady
LuciferWept

I, Jimmy, will be arguing that Relativism, which is the belief that certain truths are true for me but not for you is in fact false. You, the Pro, will be arguing that the philosophy of Relativism is true, that your truth is not the same as MY truth. The structure of this debate will be Round 1, acceptance, Round 2, arguments, and Round 3, new arguments and rebuttals. A future thanks goes to my future opponent. And, unrelated to this debate, I'll be doing another rap battle sometime, bu...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

There is no such thing as a mercy killing

Arganger
ChurnedCreamery

Anywhere it calls a murder a mercy killing, the reality is this: a hate crime. Calling a hate crime a mercy killing gives way to much sympathy to the killer, and devalues the victim. It also often affects the verdict and gives the murderer a break, while reinforcing the idea that the group of people the victim is from is inherently worth less. I am mostly referring to in cases of parents or caregivers murdering a disabled person,but other cases may be discussed....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Friedrich Franz Karl Hecker was a great man

Arganger

Friedrich Franz Karl Hecker was a german revolutionary who rose up in the eighteen hundreds, and sadly failed, but his mark was left on Germany for good (I hope) when his revelation failed he was honored in his arrival to america. He was a member of the young Republican Party, and fought to end slavery. He died a great father to his children, and a man that always fought for what he saw right, what's not to like about him?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Should there be special bathrooms for transgenders?

MariaH_1331
Arganger

I believed there should be transgender bathrooms because forcing them to be with their "original" genders or the opposite gender can be offensive because they have chosen to become the opposite gender for a variety of reasons and I believe we, as humans, should respect their decisions. Also, giving them their own bathrooms can give them a sense of individuality, knowing that they have a type of bathroom made specifically made for them. It would also give them a choice as to which bathroom they w...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Christianity is more believable than Atheism.

JustRafiki
PowerPikachu21

Is Atheism better than Christian or is it the opposite? Christianity is the better one of the two. I mean yes, Atheist might not have to worship God or do events they don't want to, but at the end of the day Christians come on top. If Atheists are correct on that after death there is nothing, and Christians are wrong about an eternity in Heaven then we both die and nothing happens. But if Christians are correct, then after death, Christians go to Heaven and Nonbelievers go to Hell. To be honest...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago