Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should atheists actively seek to convince the religious populace?

StopSquark
Ozzyhead

As an agnostic atheist, I admit that I often find it very tempting to argue against religious beliefs beyond merely expressing my own confidence in our scientific understanding of the universe. However, I believe that such endeavors would be often fruitless, sometimes counterproductive, and ultimately unnecessary. If a person truly had faith in what he or she believes, no argument or evidence I provide would be sufficient. If not, then in this day and age they should encounter enough scientif...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 32 Minutes Ago

I just want to be able to vote

BilboBaggins1
TheEpicGlassesGuy

I just wish to be able to vote...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

(Pro)Goku vs (Con)Green Lantern

Mikal
TheBunnyAssassin

Resolution - Goku Vs Green LanternThis is a shared BOP. Where I will defend that Goku could beat the Green Lantern and my adversary will defend that the Green Lantern could defeat GokuRoundsPro(1) Rules(2) Contentions(3) Contentions/Rebuttals/Closing Statements

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Should the USA own technically own the moon?

derplington
spacenights

Yes, I know there was agreement signed that no individual nation can own any object off of the planet Earth. My question is, why if one had gotten to it first, should it not technically be theirs. I'm not saying that if the US did own it that to look at it you would have to pay tribute, but that since we did make it there first, and before the agreement was signed, that it should be ours. I would condemn using it as a way to spy on other nations, or to house a military weapon, but just bragging...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should college athletes get paid

Nick647

Student athletes bring in large sums of money to the colleges they attend. They should be able to receive a portion of the income....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Should mark webber be hailed as the greatest

rudd07bogman
Xanxus

First of all, Mark Webber has literally won all his races, meaning he is the best WHITE POEWR...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Minutes Ago

Marching Band is technically a Sport (Read the Rules I addressed)

Dishoungh
Mr.Trollz

Warning: You must follow each and every one of the following rules. Many times, people don't follow these rules that I give out. It's important for you to read these rules. Failure to follow these rules will result in your chances of victory decreasing. Since, the voting style is just "choose winner", it'll be likely that voters will vote for the person who have executed the ru...

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Cannabis should be legalized

DarthKirones
jacobie1121

"Cannabis, commonly known as marijuana, and by numerous other names is a preparation of the cannabis plant intended for use as a psychoactive drug and as medicine." This is my definition of Cannabis, or what we will be calling it; Marijuana. I will be arguing Marijuana should not only be legalized medically but for recreation purposes as well. We are not talking about legalization in a specific country, just legalization period. The rules are as follows: 1st round: Acceptance 2nd round:...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

The Judeo-Christian God is derived from the ego.

ATHOS
DonSutherland

before accepting completely read R1. definitions: The Judeo-Christian God = The God that is described in The Holy Bible derive: to have something as a source : to come from something ego: Ego as defined in psychology (1) and as expressed by spiritual systems of thought (2) e.g...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Should college athletes be paid?

Eyoder
disposer1

Athletes must receive compensation as programs generate billions from the hard work that they are putting in to receive an average of only 7,000 dollars in scholarship money....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago