Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: The United States Federal Government should return to the Gold Standard.

lannan13

This debate is impossible to accept, if you wish to accept then please apply in the comments section. If you find a way to accept without my approval, it will result in your automatic forfeiture of the debate. RulesFirst Round is Rules and definitions by Con, Opening arguments by Pro.Second round is Con's Opening Arguments and Pro's rebuttals. Third round is for Con's Rebuttals, and Pro's final arguments.Forth Round is for Con's...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 49 Minutes Ago

Animals Should Be Treated Equally

slefievero

earth"ling G2;ərTHliNG noun plural noun: earthlings an inhabitant of the earth (used especially in science fiction by members of alien species). spe"cies"ism G2;spēSHēG6;zizəm,spēsē- noun the assumption of human superiority leading to the exploitation of animals. 4 rounds; 1st to accept, 2nd debate, 3rd rebuttals, 4th closing statements....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Gun restrictions would be ineffective

MWonderWolf
slefievero

I'm looking for someone to debate with from the COMMENTS SECTION. First round is JUST FOR ACCEPTANCE. I am Pro, which means that I think that gun laws wouldn't work. Rules: 1: No Trolling 2: No Forfeit 3: No Swearing or Rude Remarks 4: No Kritiks 5: No Plagiarism Let's debate!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

John Kasich Should Have Been the GOP Nominee

TheConservativeSocialist
Eshan13

Donald Trump officially secured the Republican party presidential nomination last week at the RNC Convention in Cleveland. I will argue that the nomination should have gone to Ohio governor and former presidential candidate John Kasich. ROUND ONE: ACCEPTANCE ROUND TWO: ARGUMENTS ROUND THREE: REBUTTALS ROUND FOUR: REBUTTALS & CLOSING STATEMENTS Good luck!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Common understanding" is NOT a necessity for all entities who share with other entities

SaxonHammer

I think this should be an indefensible position and I am arguing for it, hence no points. I am arguing pro because I think the real challenge here is "will debating skill overpower philosophy". Of course I also know no-one wants to be a loser! Necessity as defined by http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/necessity?q=necessity Entity as defined by http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/entity and applied to sentient. Therefore a sentient entity. Sentient as defi...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Atheists are Delusional

Amy_IceFyre
Amedexyius

The topic really states is all... Prove me wrong....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Death Note is the best anime ever

Muslimdebater
Phenenas

First round is acceptance round. 1. I have to prove that dn is the best anime ever 2. My opponent has to prove that it's not. 3. Rest on the voters. CAUTION: this is a light debate meant for entertainment no need to get offended....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Does God Exist?

Jerry947
ThinkBig

Hello again! Lets get to it. Rules: -Pro argues for God's existence using various arguments. -Con argues that God does not exist. And yes, Con actually has to provide arguments of their own for the non-existence of God. For some reason people never understand this. Rules... Round 1: -Pro gives definitions and sets up debate -Con accepts the debate (acceptance only). Round 2: -Pro gives opening argument -Con gives opening argument...no rebuttals. Round 3: -Pro responds t...

Debating Period
22 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Logic IS cause AND effect

vi_spex

cause=random+specified sum of all logic=chaos+order chaos=random cause+effect order=specified cause+effect logic is true, logic is absolute, reality is logic.. reason is the opposite of logic, there is no logic in fantasy chicken=cause=egg egg=effect=chicken if all apples became poisonous, and everyone was aware of it, would it be right to give kids apples if we wanted them to be healthy? and even if we didnt want them to be healthy, would it be right to give kids apples?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Does God Exist?

Jerry947
missbailey8

Thanks for agreeing to debate me! Lets get started. Rules: -Pro argues for God's existence using various arguments. -Con argues that God does not exist. And yes, Con actually has to provide arguments of their own for the non-existence of God. For some reason people never understand this. Rules... Round 1: -Pro gives definitions and sets up debate -Con accepts the debate (acceptance only). Round 2: -Pro gives opening argument -Con gives opening argument...no rebuttals. Ro...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago