Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Blind Patriotism Is Foolish

Joss_Whedon

I beleive that blind patriotism, like beleiving your country is the greatest when no evidence exists is a stupid, pointless waste of energy. This is because I think that no country can be "the best," due to the fact that I do not beleive countries are really anything other than arbitrary. A great example is Israel, because they really have no officiial borders, so everyone disagrees on where the border ends. "Maybe we should stop cutting maps up into sections and focus on the real problems," -pa...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 23 Minutes Ago

The Federalist Papers Cannot Support Political Parties

Joss_Whedon
Het

You cannot use the Federalist Papers to support political parties because the Federalists were a political party. It is like proving the Bible with the Bible....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 22 Minutes Ago

Resolved: The United States Federal Government should pass the Federal Reserve Transparency Act.

lannan13

I have made this debate impossible to accept. If you wish to accept please apply in the comments section. If you accept without my approval then you will automatically forfeit the debate.This debate is over whether or not the Federal Government should pass the Federal Reserve Tranparency Act of 2015, more commonly know as the Audit the Federal Reserve Act. I will provide exact wording of the bill in the definitions section.RulesFirst Round is accepta...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 52 Minutes Ago

A DJ is not a real musician.

UnderdogRising
connorjfield

The premise up for debate here is that a DJ is not a real musician. I am taking the Con position. So Pro is required to rationalize and provide an opinion for why a Dj is not a real musician. I will provide my argument in round 2....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 43 Seconds Ago

Piontless homework

titaniashimmerpaws
tomdickandharry

We hate homework !!! we think it is stupid ruthless horrible, we don't like it we wish it could end! it is just wasting time at home after we have learned so much in school and it is very stressful!! kids need more time and now parents are giving kids so much classes and they don't have time to do homework. Plus in school they get in trouble if they did not do it when they could not help it! Its really absurd when parents say children now a days don't have time for them ! It is not okay we think...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 53 Minutes Ago

Abortion

DanPeter
400spartans

Pro-life doesn't take away a women's choice.You commented, "It's the mom who gets to decide. She may not want to have a baby, for reasons unknown." as to why you are for abortion. Why should the mom decide whether the baby will live or die? It's certainly not the mothers choice once the baby has been born. It sounds a little harsh, but the mother can choose whether she wants a baby before she gets pregnant. Of course people often have "unplanned pregnancies" but we a...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should teens who murder be executed

GabeyWabey

When I was asked to write a paper on this topic I was excited to see what you guys thought! I would love your feedback. I'm arguing that teens who murder should be tried as adults and sentenced to death....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Abortion is murder

werdna1999
Joss_Whedon

When a women has an abortion, she is removing only a clump of cells from her body ( I am opposed abortion after 6 months ). Should the government force her to birth what is technically a parasite in her body? Arguing that a fetus is a human and should receive basic human rights is a viable reason for not aborting, yet if you do believe that a fetus is a human, and thus with human rights, a fetus does not have the right to live inside another organism (just as any other human), nor does the fetus...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 14 Minutes Ago

You can be a Christian and believe in evolution

4God
Varrack

I will be debating that you can't be a Christian and still believe in evolution. First round is to accept the challenge....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 19 Minutes Ago

The US Should Lower Its Military Budget and Divert Those Funds to NASA and Education

Joss_Whedon
supersosa

The US spends way to much on its military as is. In fact, roughly 57% of the entire budget goes to military, 6% to education and 0.58% to NASA. It is little wonder then, that our education leaves us 24th in Math, 21st in Science and 31st in reading. Another unsurprising fact is that we now rely on Russia's Souyez program to get astronauts to the ISS. No offense to Russia, they are quite good at space programs, but we need to send our own people to space. This is imperative for not only now, but...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago