Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Electoral college

daem0n

Post a comment to negotiate and/or accept this debate.SidesIf the voter of this debate were to choose whether the US president were determined by electors apportioned to states according to the US constitution, article 1 section 2 (electoral college) or by eligible citizen voters (national popular vote):Pro wins by persuading the voter to choose the electoral college.Con wins by persuading the voter to choose the national popu...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 24 Minutes Ago

Should all pets be desexed?

blahwatever

Every pet owner knows that there are enormous responsibilities that go along with having a cat or dog. Many people think desexing their pet will change their pets personality while some say it will prevent their pets from giving birth to lots of babies and getting diseases. What do you think?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

That we should get rid of state governments in Australia

Sofiyasolod

Over time, we have seen the constant overlap of Australia"s three levels of government, with multiple governments assuming responsibility for the same thing such as a national curriculum, and investment by the federal government in health and public transport. By abolishing state governments, there will be no overlapping thus governments will know what is their responsibility and what"s not their responsibility, this will make it easier for politicians to do their job as they will not have to di...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

the mentally challenged should be in special homes

trinity.org
surreal_humor

they need to explore. go to school and learn things. if you keep them in special homes they won't be able to do that? I don't know......

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Businesses Have a Right to Discriminate

Jblock
surreal_humor

In light of the recent news on a specific Indiana pizzeria refusing to cater a gay wedding, the argument needs to be debated: do businesses have a right to discriminate? I will press the argument that private businesses should have a legal right to choose who they do business with and that it is not the position of any government to interfere in their freedom of choice. Who would like to have a civil debate?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Xbox will beat PlayStation in E3 2015

deathwish188
BAUSSAY

First round will be for acceptance, I will be debating that Xbox will beat PlayStation in E3 2015....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Geniocracy

Lexus

I had so much fun debating this idea when I first joined this site, so I thought that I would try this again. Resolved: Geniocracy is a good political system.The Burden of Proof is shared between pro and con, so both sides must prove that geniocracy is a good or a bad system.Definitions:Geniocracy: Rule by the intelligentPolitical System: A political system is a system of politics and government. It is usually compared to the legal s...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Minecraft is better than Terraria

Superr1Fifty

At my opinion Minecraft is a better game than Terraria. Will you agree with me, or think that Terraria is better....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Incestous Marriage Should Be Permitted

Envisage

DetailsThis debate will address the notion of any and all Incestial marriage that, were the members not related, would be permissible otherwise. I.e. Arguments against underage incestial marriage would not be relevant to this debate.

Challenge Period
26 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

The Christian birth story of Jesus is contradictory with other information in the bible.

Nathaniel.Braswell

I am greatly looking forward to this debate! Burdens: In the first Pro speech, the speaker will first accept and than lay down his arguments on why he believes the Christian birth story of Jesus Christ is contradictory with other parts of the Christian bible. Likewise, I will argue that this story is not contradictory. The reason I limited it to the birth of Jesus Christ was because it would be too broad of a debate to discuss the entire bible. Rules: Please remain ethical- I create...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago