Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Why the Future is Safe

unicornlogic

Why is the future safe?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Minutes Ago

a fly robbed the bank

vi_spex

it has unnatural powers...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 37 Minutes Ago

Maturity and physical and online presence of youth in relation to an adult or young adult.

jedijwk

I believe that youth should be taken more seriously, even when presented with logic and proof of intelligence some adults still claim to be more intelligent and mature than youth. I argue that in some cases(nowadays probably half or more) of the times when children are belittled and told they are not on the same level as adults mentally is absurd, just because they are youth doesn't mean they should be told they can't have the same mental capacity as an adult....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Wage Gap Is Non-Existent

Hanson13

Pro=Thinking the wage gap doesn't exist Con=Thinks the wage gap exists I'm Pro and my opponent is Con When I mean wage gap, I mean a wage gap based on genders and the belief that Women get paid less than Men for the same amount of work in 2016 and in the United States Round 1 Acceptance Round 2 Opening arguments Round 3 Rebuttals to opening arguments Round 4 Rebutting the Rebuttals Round 5 Final Statement to the voters(No Rebuttals) No insulting on ether side Good luck to my op...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

There exists absolute truth.

DrSenelCoolidge

I believe that absolute truth exists. Here is what I define as absolute truth: Absolute truth is all absolute, being correct in every context of reality, and it is a truth that depends on its own truthfulness for being valid. As such, this truth is self-reliant for its validity. This truth then proves itself as valid. Also, absolute truth is composed of aspects, each aspect being an essential ingredient for absolute truth. These aspects include syntactic and state-wise components, which...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Punishment for abortion and God

bearski

The girl tells the pastor 'tomorrow they will hang me for having an abortion. I broke the law and must be punished. But I will not repent as that would be dishonest and God will understand.' The pastor responded 'that is up to you and God. I will pray for your salvation' Did the pastor respond to the girl correctly and is what he said true...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Which side won the Korean War?

Bored_Debater

Pro will argue that South Korea allied with the United Nations won. Con will argue that North Korea allied with China & the Soviet Union won. The Korean War has not officially ended due to the fact that no peace treaty has been signed. However, this debate will assume that the war has ended on the date stated in the definition with the signing of the armistice in 1953. BOP is shared. Definitions Korean War: A war that began on 25 June 1950 and ended with an armistice on 27 July,...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

The Earth is spherical and the Flat Earth hypothesis is false

Zaephou
humperdink

It is a widely accepted fact that the Earth, and all planetary objects are spherical (even though they may not be perfect spheres), and yet Flat Earth believers insist that the Earth is a flat cuboid travelling through space with a Sun and moon with a diameter of 32 km above it and provides absolutely no evidence for their ridiculous claims while disregarding the countless amounts of evidence we have for a spherical Earth as government lies. Flat Earth believers simply reject evidence such as...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Vaccines cause autism.

ProVaxxer
LizardPeopleVape

(Disclaimer: Based on my name, I'm am a Pro-Vaccinate. Just for clarification, I sided with the Affirmative because these arguments are what I think are the strongest arguments against vaccines and I wanted to do an experiment to strengthen what I'm actually siding with) According to the scientific consensus, many peer reviewed studies have found no correlation between vaccines and autism. Plus, there are no other studies that say the opposite. However, this statement is just an oversimplific...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Affirmative Action IS a privilege!

BipolarBoy

Why is it people of color are allowed to get lower SAT scores? Free college & welfare? Free phones and healthcare. They're allowed to riot and trash cities like Baltimore and Ferguson with minimal liberal criticism. Hillary Clinton knows deep down inside that minorities are the problem in America but she's appealing to her constituencies by sweeping the issue under the rug. America has built the best system in the world and that's without dispute....

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago