Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

You choose the topic

AribtraryMoniker
fire_wings

This is meant to be a fun, light hearted debate. Offer three silly topics (macaroni is better than spaghetti, we should all wear bowler hats, pokemon is better than yu-gi-oh, etc.) And I'll choose the one I like best. If all of the topics offered are offensive, too serious, skewed, truistic or otherwise inaccessible, then I'll choose a different topic entirely. No real rules, just don't be a dick. I reserve the right to expand on what that means as necessary, but hopefully I won't have to....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 28 Minutes Ago

This House Would Ban Animal Testing

missmozart
Declan0077

Hello everyone. I am here today to propose the motion that this house would ban animal testing. My model is that we will phase out all animal testing over the next ten years while governments, the EU and the UN etc. fund research into new alternative methods. My first point is that animals have a right not to be harmed. 100 million vertebraes are experimented on around the world each year and unfortunately, not all of them have been treated well. You are probably familiar with the Silver Spr...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Is violence ever the answer to anything?

SirSocrates
bearski

Thank you in advance for accepting this debate. Please no trolling. Be respectful: no profanity or anything of the sort. Round 1: Acceptance (no arguments) Round 2: Arguments (no rebuttals) Round 3: Arguments & Rebuttals Round 4: Rebuttals & Conclusion...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Stateless society

roark555

I will be arguing for the proposition that a stateless society is beneficial and good, and con will be arguing against. Con will use round one for opening statements, i will have mine to start round 2, the second half of round 2 to 4 is for rebuttals and additional arguments, and round 5 is for conclusions. Best of luck to con....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

You choose

Xenoes
famousdebater

You choose the topic as this will be my first debate here and I can't think of any ideas to debate. I would like to debate almost anything within the topics of science, religion, or politics. First round will be acceptance. Second presentation of arguments Third will be counters fourth refutation of counters and final words No new arguments will be presented in the final round....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Famous' Unofficial Tournament: R1

MrVindication
missbailey8

IntroductionI would like to thank famousdebater for allowing me to join the tournament as a replacement, and I would like to thank my opponent for agreeing on a topic with me on short notice. This should be a fun and interesting debate, and I look forward to what it has in store.Full ResolutionResolved: When in conflict, an individual's freedom of speech should be valued above a community's moral standards.

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

should action figures be banned

lol456

they should be banned because they brake easily or people eat them (little kids)....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Gay marriage should be permitted

tejretics
Jerry947

Full resolution: Just societies should permit same-sex marriage. First round is acceptance....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

AoW 1914:

Dynasty2468
TheSideSpectator

Hello! Long time no see you if you know me and hi if you don't know me. Let's get started: Background: The year 1914 is considered to be the most important year in the modern age. Within one month, the world was forced into a path of no return and now we are here. Here's the brief overview: Vienna 11:09 AM July 28th 1914. You watch as your secretary taps the last telegram to the Serbian government. You, as a Foreign Minister of the great Austrian-Hungarian Empire, will soon be forgotten...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

A question to a wise man.

vi_spex
13B77

limit(flawed equation)+solution=?...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago