Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is Terridax comment about this poem accurate

shakuntala

Is Terridax comment about this poem accurate http://www.scribd.com/doc/236107267/The-Sufis-Garden-Bk-2-erotic-poetry Terridax says http://www.debate.org/debates/Thisa-very-vivid-poem-full-of-great-images/1/comments/ "After reading it for about a minute I had to stop because it was so horrible" I argue it is not ie I argue this poem is not horrible...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 36 Minutes Ago

Is God a person?

pivot

The Pro position, (mine) is that God is a person as defined by an opponent of mine in another debate. To quote that particular Con- "person: a human being, whether an adult or child" Why is it important to establish God's personhood? In this debate Pro is stepping away from the Christian idea of Salvation through the Savior and examining the idea of Job- The Angels are the Sons of God. Therefore the Angels through their kinship to God are persons as defined by the Con of the debate "...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Don't blame those who buy off the government. Blame those who put it up for sell.

Sky55Anchorage
reali-tease

This is the second debate I have created. The topic goes along like this: Throughout this nation people are fed up with the so called 1%. Whether it's the Corporations, or the people who run them, the general consensus is that these people own the Government. The Government is no longer "We the People" but "We the Inc.". Whether it's our Representatives who are paid off, the Supreme Court who rules Corporations people, or even a presidential campaign where both sides are backed by the largest...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Thisa very vivid poem-full of great images

shakuntala

Thisa very vivid poem-full of great images http://www.scribd.com/doc/236107267/The-Sufis-Garden-Bk-2-erotic-poetry if you are going to say any comment would be just subjective opinion then ok then give us you subjective opinion -if you are not afraid of being the odd man out ie afraid of going against the group, or afraid to give your subjective opinion because there is no received criticism of this poem which would mean you would have to be completely original in your comments -which for many...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Obama Care

superluigi700
pikedidy

Do you think Obama Care should be gotten rid of? I for one think it is possibly the worst thing Obama came up with it and believe it doesn't work the majority of the time. People want a quick and easy way to get their medicare and healthcare. Obama Care obviously failed to accomplish that goal....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Ultimate Debate #2: Summer Olympics (pro) VS Winter Olympics (con)

dynamicduodebaters

Ultimate debate #1 is this: http://www.debate.org/debates/The-ultimate-debates-1-Coca-cola-pro-VS-Pepsi-con/1/ This debate is impossible to accept. If you would like to debate this, comment. I will accept someone from the comments I would like to debate. If you wish to debate, say so in comments, message me or comment on my profile. Also, should there be any, ask any questions in those three places about this debate. We wil be debating this, though: "Ultimate Debate #2: Summer Olympic...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Rap Battle of Nations: North Korea (Pro) vs South Korea (Con)

General-Z
InnovativeEphemera

North Korea starts the train on the track! Southern pigs filled with greed and lust in their shack! You people can't compete with our army of patriots! After all, all you get is infidel riots! Our founding father was born on the sinking of Titanic, you will see your own boats sink in the Pacifc.. Oh wait! It d...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 43 Minutes Ago

We Can Only Ever Understand The Brain As A Black Box

BradK

DEFINITIONA black box is a mental model of any physical system. It includes as a minimum, an input, a transfer characteristic, and an output. A simple example of a black box would be a light switch. You have an input, which has only two possible states: "switch up" or "switch down". You have a system, that includes the power grid your house is connected to, a generating station, and all the other electrical parts in you house. And...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Men and women should be treated with equality

Truth_seeker

Non Christians can debate as long as you stick with the Bible Rules : 1. No going off topic 2. No insults 3. You must have Scriptures to support your position Opening argument : I take the position that men and women should work together as one and that no one should abuse the other. There are differences between both genders. According to the Hebrew pictograph of the male, the man is supposed to be a strong leader and dominant. The woman is more submissive by nature, howe...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Naruto is better than Dragon Ball

theConspiracy

I think Naruto is better than Dragon Ball for various reasons. Don't get me wrong... I love Dragon Ball. I just love Naruto a bit better. I am hoping this will be a fun debate!...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago