Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Has Capitalism failed?

jworl

I propose the motion: Capitalism has failed. I propose to define "Capitalism" as the method of economic organisation that is characterized by the private ownership of capital and land as the means to production. I propose to define "failed", broadly as "not achieving its goal, end, or being unsuccessful in its attempts towards a goal" (This is my first debate so tips welcomed)...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should children under twelve own a smartphone

Lemon_Lam
Albert_Fung

Kids should have smartphones! The reason I'm saying that kids should have smartphones is that it fun to learn with technology. They could also communicate with their classmates. And e-mail homework or class work to their teacher. They could also use it for social media to make new friends. So I think that kids should have smartphones....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 26 Minutes Ago

We should introduce a 'fat tax'

2ninjacat
mostlogical

First round acceptSecond round intro and 1 or 2 pointsThird round rebuttal and pointsFourth round conclusion and/or weaker pointsLet the debate begin!...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Complete three debates, Really annoying!

CalRed
B0MB3RM4N_J43H4

I just want to get this over with, this nonsense cramps ones style. Anybody wanna disagree?...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

MDMA should be legal.

FourTrouble

MDMA (also known as ecstasy or molly) is a synthetic drug with chemical similarities to amphetamines and mescaline. It produces feelings of euphoria, emotional warmth, love towards others, and distortions of time. Comment if interested....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

racial discrimination sucks

lord_megatron

Seriously, those people who discriminate upon race, accent, appearance are just too foolish to look beyond such trifles....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Studying English(Pro) vs Math(Con)

lord_megatron
18Karl

I think studying English is better than Math because Math formulas boggle my head. I am currently in 7th grade. While English essays are long, they are not as bad as writing all those numbers that can stop making sense if you lose concentration or take a break for a while. I do not like algebra....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Religious people are obsessed over God

lord_megatron
Atheism_Debater

Yes, they are obsessed over God as they find signs of him in even human work, they thank him for materialistic things that are refined by them only, and they believe in him even if they fail to convince any atheist. I as an atheist have convinced many of no evidence, yet they still chose to believe. What is that if not obsession?...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Natural beauty is more important than having make - up on

kikiming888
AbbyRitter

Natural beauty is more important than having make up on. I think that we should embrace whatever we are given by god and not modify it. A light touch-up is fine, but not heavy make-up that totally changes your whole image. What is the point of hiding behind a mask the whole time, pretending to be someone else? Be yourself, embrace it and be confident. Beauty is not so much on the outside but on the inside. Besides that, why should we put chemicals on our face? This might put us to a higher risk...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

In Vitro Fertilization

mariab9711
katara1760

There are a lot of basic benefits of IVF. There's a good amount of people that are unable to conceive a child, and IVF will allow them to do so. Not only does IVF allow couples to have a child, but single women and same sex couples as well. IVF will also provide them with a sperm donor if needed. If a parent or a woman's IVF cycle is unsuccessful, the embryos from other people may be donated and be used to enable the embryo recipients to have a child. People undergo IVF for several reasons; so...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago