Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Plasma Cosmology Is Invalid

Subutai

NOTE: I have made this debate impossible to accept. If you would like to accept this debate, please tell me so in the comments section.Full ResolutionPlasma cosmology is invalid.BoP is shared.DefinitionsPlasma Cosmology: "...a non-standard cosmology whose central postulate is that the dynamics of ionized gases...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 50 Minutes Ago

Being Homosexual isn't a Choice.

Lee001

Tittle says it all. I will be arguing that being Homosexual isn't a choice.Definitions:[1] Choice- an act or instance of choosing; selection:

Challenge Period
24 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The Confederate flag is racist

KingEnder101
kasmic

There will be 4 rounds. These are my terms 1st round: Acceptance 2nd round: opening arguments 3rd round: counter arguments 4th round: conclusive arguements Good luck and may the best debater win...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The Confederate Flag Should Be Removed From US State Flags and Buildings

Chris_F
shakinjake1

TopicThe topic of this debate is whether or not the flags of US states should use the Confederate flag in their design, as well as whether or not Confederate flags should fly over memorials and buildings owned or operated either by the US and/or a US state.Rules First round is for acceptance only. Second, third, and fourth rounds are for arguments and rebuttals. Fifth round is for closing arguments.

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Does God predestine who goes to heaven.

alllnc
philochristos

I argue that God allows us to choose whether or not to follow Him and be saved. He calls ALL through the Holy Spirit and we can choose whether or not if we want to follow Him. God is love. If being saved is predestined, I argue that this is not love. God says we are created in His image, so I assert that we know what love is since God says He is love and that we are created in his image. I know that I would not birth children to only predestine them to hell. No loving person would do this. How c...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 58 Minutes Ago

Hillary Should be the Next President

JimmyNeutron
totallyserious

First, I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate, as well as the voters. I would like to begin this debate by stating that I am strongly opposed to the idea of Hilary Clinton being the next President of the United States. It doesn't take much digging into the history of her political career to realize that she hasn't actually done anything that indicates that she possesses the type of strong personality and intelligence that is desirable, pe...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Does the US need a new constitutional convention>

JB7520
XxMLGswag1FAMAKAMyoloxX

The US form of government has become non-functional. The consent of the governed is no longer being realized. The fault is the extensive division of powers build into the constitution, combined with the differing election periods and length of services for the House, Senate, Presidency and Courts. There is no way for the people to remove any of these members of government without cause. The President and the Supreme Court are especially insulated from the consent of the governed. The President s...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Debatability vs. Zarroette: Drug Legalization

debatability

Hello! Zarroette has agreed to debate me on the following resolution: In the United States, all drugs should be legalized for recreational use by individuals 21 years of age or older.Zarroette agreed to debate me on this topic about two weeks ago. I have decided to make this debate impossible to accept for a few days for the following reasons.Firstly, if Zarroette decides she no longer wants this debate, I would like to see who else is interested in arguing this reso...

Challenge Period
77 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Should Euthanasia be legalized in the U.S?

SnaxAttack

The first round will be acceptance for this debate. There is no preference on who challenges me, as long as we both have fun debating with each other.Definitions:Euthanasia: The painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease or in an irreversible coma. The practice is illegal in most countries.Legalized: Make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law.

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

the human person is a jigsaw puzzle/mosaic metaphor

Diane09
dsjpk5

At this aforementioned dark juncture, the response to irrational self-appearance related thought was to introduce the mosaic to the fold. It was through this that the more likely analogy of jigsaws emerged. The jigsaw: a complex collection of small pieces; some jagged, some smooth; some with slots, some with holes. Things piece together either through luck, assiduous effort, or by sheer coincidence. In the pursuit of ultimate happiness, the jigsaw must be completed. But pieces, like people, g...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago