Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Prostitution should be legal

Ghaby

Prostitution have been a job condemned by society for a long time. It is looked down upon and critisized. When in reality if we legalise this occupation, not only will the economy improve, I believe rape statistics can be brought down. This might be the solution to mass amount of rape. Prostitution, if legalised can be supervised too, we can require that all prostitutes have condoms on them and will use them during any of their sessions or 'work hours'. It is nothing to be laughed at as I simp...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 20 Minutes Ago

Should States Break Away From the Union

dbushwacker

The other day I saw a poll on MSN saying that one in four people would be willing to vote in favor of their state breaking away from the Union, I want to know why you would vote in favor or against this idea. *Note: This is my first debate and if you have any suggestions how to make it easier to make your point, please leave a suggestion or two....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 58 Minutes Ago

Battlefield is better on PC then Console.

ItsTrippy

Battlefield is better on the PC then CONSOLE because on PC the Frame rate is higher and there is no Console lag on it. Also the Graphics are way better....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Destiny will die out by June...

huntmurph1
Cmorrow

Accept my challenge CUUDY MESTR EF SWEG......

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!

Ajabi

Resolved: This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!Debate Details: I wanted to debate this topic ever since I saw Sargon's debate (http://www.debate.org/debates/A-Neo-Lorentzian-Ether-Exists/1/) on this topic. He recommended me some boo...

Challenge Period
16 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Jules Verne's books are better than H.G. Well's books

harrymate

First round is for accepting; there are two rounds for debating. Good luck!!!...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

In The United States, Jury Nullification Is A Just Check On Government

aburk903

Lincoln-Douglas style debate. First round is for acceptance only. I look forward to this debate!...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Professional Sport players should not get that much money.

GodlyBeret
A341

I believe that some people work to hard and get paid too little. On the other hand professional athletes get paid million of dollars for running around and getting sweaty....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Minutes Ago

Homosexuals should not make straights feel bad for who they are.

GodlyBeret
Ozzyhead

I had a friend who was homosexual. She believed that once she told me, that it would be okay for her to tell me all about homosexuality. She told me about fan fictions and all and I did not like it. Being religious I told her about how I felt. She said she wanted to be religious also. I told her that God does not support the idea of homosexuality. She then made me feel bad by calling me a homophobe, and talking about me on a website that supports homosexuality. She has told people about me not l...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Ninja are better than pirates

OlinB
Chrion

First of all, please do not use specific stories as part of your argument, we are looking at the cultural impact, as well how well they would fair in combat situations against each other. Let's keep it classy. First off, weapons. A katana, the main weapon of ninjas, have the range and slicing capacity to easily win against a sabre-wielding pirate. It also has the technical advantage over a broadsword or rapier; the broadsword is quite heavy and the hilt of a rapier can make it difficult to swi...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago