Debates

 
Sort By:
Showing: 11 - 20

Is Belief in God Scientific?

talacon1
Toxifrost

I believe that the belief in God is scientific. The reason is that even non-religious scientists, particularly well-known ones who are also the most skilled such as Einstein himself have held that God exists. The greatest puzzle of science is the Unified Field Theory, better known as the Theory of Everything. Einstein said that the Theory of Everything would enable scientists to peer into the very Mind of God. Stephen Hawking is another that, though not religious, believes in God in the search f...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

ATHEISM over THEISM

JordanCJKM
tejretics

I believe that debates about Atheism versus Religion are around the world and still the real antagonism is not positioned yet. I understand perspectives from atheists and other religious people and I truly respect that. The following is just my point of view. To me, by the true evidence by nature, I myself believe God does not exist. Science is how we get answers by nature with empirical evidence. Just because that scientists today still cannot proof how, why or what we came from, doesn't...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Debate Halting Problem

Surrealism
Zaradi

RULES: 1. Opponent must make a prediction of the winner of this debate in the first round. 2. Their prediction will be used as the resolution. I've wanted to debate this for a while....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

children should not smoke

posy
JordanCJKM

If children smoke it can damage their brain and lungs.It can also hurt others around them and kill them....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The surviving members of "Laughing Coffin" should've been put on trial upon awakening from SAO

Vox_Veritas
Zaradi

In the anime and manga series "Sword Art Online", 10,000 individuals were trapped inside a video game called Sword Art Online (the franchise's namesake) through an advanced Virtual Reality (VR) device which could not be safely removed. No one could awake in the real world until somebody beat the game (which happened after 2 years or so of the game's duration). If a player was killed within the game, the VR device would emit deadly microwaves in the player's brain and kill the player in real lif...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Resolved: Self-harm (including suicide) is morally permissible.

lannan13
That1User

WARNING!!!! THIS DEBATE WILL/MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC PHOTOGRAPHS THAT MAY BRING BACK TERRIBLE MEMORIES. THESE PICTURES ARE FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE DEBATE ONLY AND NOT TO JUST POST THEM. IF YOU ARE QUEEZY OR MIGHT RELAPSE INTO A DEPRESSION PLEASE MOVE AWAY FROM THIS DEBATE!I would like to thank That1user for accepting this debate and I look forward to a great debate.Rules First round is acceptan...

Debating Period
22 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should Babies Go Through Drug Withdrawal

CookieMonster2015
Spirt139

13 % of infants go through drug withdrawal in one state . 65 % out 100 only leaving 35 % percent with the chance to stand drug with drawl...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should other states in America model their economies after the state of Texas?

RepublitariansUnite
MyDinosaurHands

Texas has the most economic freedom in the United States of America, and it has been considered for more than a decade to be the best state to start a business and build up your life. No longer is the economy here dependent on the oil industry. We have large corporations, small businesses, lots of manufacturing, the best technology industry in the entire nation, and one of the best education systems. There are no state income taxes, and corporate taxation is nearly non-existent. Shouldn't Texas...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Creationism/ID (pro) vs Evolution (con)

komododragon8
That1User

For this debate I will argue for creationism (even though I believe in evolution) while my opponent, That1User, will argue for evolution. This will be part of the Devil's Advocate Tournament. Here is the link to the forum: http://www.debate.org/forums/religion/topic/60073/1/...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

The death penalty is the best way to punish criminals convicted of capital crimes

chrisjachimiak
chevybow

Warning: This will be a strictly factual debate. If you accept and don't use facts, but morals and religion you automatically lose.RULES:1. If you or I forefit, we automatically lose. 2. If you bring morals and religion into the debate you automatically lose.3. If opponent doesn't propose any counter definitions, then they must accept my definitions.4. If either side brings up new evidence in round four, than that side loses.Other then th...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago