Debates

 
Sort By:
Showing: 41 - 50

Is it more common to find high self esteem in rich people than non-rich people?

LiberatorDebator
Aerogant

Let's say the richest 25% versus the other 75%....

Post Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate

9spaceking
Aerogant

The resolution is simple. "9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate". "This particular debate" refers to this exact debate which you are currently reading. The link can be found here: http://www.debate.org/debates/9spaceking-is-CON-in-This-Particular-Debate/1/. And CON means "the opposing side of the resolution", while PRO means the side going for the resolution. So PRO has to prove 9spaceking is in fact CON in this...

Post Voting Period
15 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

'cookie cutter' ideologies are a huge problem n politics and religion

dairygirl4u2c
dexterbeagle

a cookie cutter conservative or liberal is someone who believes things because that's what they are suppose to believe to be liberal or conservative. all social issues, all economic issues, down to the party line. the problem, is that truth is not a party line thing. historically, we have two random parties that exist with an arbitrary array on how the issues are sorted. there's all kinds of historical and ideological ways to create a party, yet people want to adhere to what the current infr...

Post Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Pink on Black is a terrible color combination

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Boesball

It looks gay and strong people don't like gay looks.....it's too yucky....

Post Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Selfies should not affect your self-esteem.

kaileyanne2016
Boesball

Selfies started as just posting a picture of yourself with another person for the purpose of posting a picture with your friend. When it started transitioning to posting a picture of yourself alone is when it got dangerous. Teenage girls, specifically, are so overcome with how many likes they get that they compare it to how they actually look in person. If they don't have enough likes ~ they aren't pretty enough. Who thinks that selfies do not affect teenage girls self esteem and why?...

Post Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

while homestead exemptions should exist, property taxes should be our primary focus on tax revenue

linate
distraff

while homestead exemptions should exist, property taxes should be our primary focus on tax revenue the primary source of income should come from property tax in excess of one's own personal property. and the homestead examption should be nothing for cheaper land, but for excessively large properties, it should only be a reduction. if you can't afford to own an excessively large property, tough luck. and of course again propety outside one's own, should be taxed largely. this all creates d...

Post Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

THBT the U.S. should continue aiding Israel in Terms of weapons and finance

Palmo10
Danielle

This is the order of the debate: R1: Greeting and definiton ONLY R2: Argument R3: Rebuttal R4: Comparing clashes Hi, i will be for the side that U.S. should keep meddling with Israel's affairs by giving them money and weapons to fight. Does anyone accept d challenge?...

Post Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

A border fence is needed along America and Mexico.

CountCheechula
Danielle

I am arguing that America needs a border fence all along Mexico. 1st round acceptance Please comment if you wish to be the Contender of this debate. Thank you....

Post Voting Period
18 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

All feminist should be MRAs

Soadratm
YaHey

I strongly endorse and believe that it would be incredibly hypocritical to be a feminist and not be an MRA. I define feminist and MRA as anyone who openly supports and is a activist for the respective gender. 1) Feminist ideology stands for the equal treatment of women and men , however, we are currently seeing an strong political movement of feminist who propose the idea of patriarchy or male dominance of society. Whilst not all feminist address or believe in the patriarchy, it is pivota...

Post Voting Period
21 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Free Will

elazar123
Aerogant

With regard to whether human behaviour is a predetermined and inevitable path, or is a free choice in which no forces have an influence upon, humans, as which all other animals, have free choice. For example, since we have the ability to choose one thing over the other, choice is self-contained and not determined in any supernatural sense. Moreover, since humans perform all actions, gain knowledge from, believe in certain faiths, live in specific areas, have distinct hi...

Post Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago