Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

There is no valid reason for an adult to complain about being a virgin.

apb4y
InnovativeEphemera

Guys, get some cash together and hire a prostitute. Make sure you shower first, and be a gentleman at all times. Don't use "it's illegal"/"it's immoral" as a cop-out; whining about your virgin status is worse. Plus, the fact that it's illegal never stopped anybody. Girls, go to a strip club, find the best-looking guy in there and ask him to have sex with you. Don't use "I want it to be special" as a cop-out; if you cared about that then you wouldn't be so desperate to lose your virginity in t...

2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Is God Good?

SmallTacos
Aerogant

Welcome to this debate. I am Pro. My supposition is that God is always good. Con must accept that God is not always good. Definition of God: Judeo-Christian God Definition of good: Definition based on biblical moral standards. Rules: A. No cussing B. No logical fallacies C. Godwin's law won't be true D. No round forfeiting Debate Format: Round I: Acceptance Round II: Statements ONLY Round III: Rebuttals and Restatements Round IV: Rebuttals and Restatements Round V:...

24 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Beings do not have the ability to change their futures.

GeminiContractor
Aerogant

From the beginning, far before its existence, a being's destiny is set in stone. They do not decide their fate, nor do they change it, as they are only capable of making the decisions they consider optimal. Even if they rely on other participants in their choices, such as a coin, the result will still have been set in stone. The outcome of the coin toss is decided by many conditions, but the specific conditions that were there when the coin was tossed will produce a set outcome. Their re...

14 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

There should be laws in every state defending homosexuals for being fired for their sexuality.

StormySkies
roark555

In 29 states in the US, it is legal to fire people for being gay. Here are some examples: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ex-cnn-employee-fired-gay-fears-work-tv-news-article-1.1803621 http://mic.com/articles/11738/5-people-who-were-fired-for-being-gay-and-the-29-states-where-that-is-still-legal If these people are not protected by laws against it, it can lead to struggling as an unemployed person, which isn't justified if they were fired for just being gay. This is awful homo...

1 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Conservatives Are Not Crazy Or Terrorists

Spedman
Tommy.leadbetter

I keep hearing people all over the internet calling conservatives crazy, terrorists, Nazis, Fascists, Racists, etc. I have even heard people ignorantly compare them to ISIS. I would like to debate with someone to get an understanding of why someone feels the need to use such strong criticism for someone who's beliefs are in most ways reasonable. I think it is very ignorant to call a conservative this, and is exactly the same thing as a conservative calling liberals stupid and socialist. Both sid...

6 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Ferrari has the most successful cars ever

crushboy79
Domr

Ferrari's rich history speaks for itself. The cars have very few problems. And they build better ones every year. Their stunning 0-60 mph seems impossible to top yet they get faster and faster. They have fantastic body shapes, and aggressive sounding engines. They also have a long reign in formula 1.Check out motortrend.com / Ferrari reviews and ratings for pictures and videos....

23 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is it possible for you to randomly switch genders with all your memories intact?

SmallTacos
Aerogant

Welcome, here is my debate. Rules: A. Con must accept all these terms as part of their argument: i. I believe it is impossible to switch between genders at random. ii. I will only eat meat 8 days of the week. B. Definitions: i. Gender: Having a certain kind of reproductive system specific to only certain members of their species, including in females the ovaries, vagina1234, uterus, breasts1234, and clitoris1234, in males the penis1234, prostate gland, and relating systemic tubular struct...

6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is minecraft cool

zad112
RichardCypher

MIneCraft is cool...

1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Hydro Fracking: Good or Bad?

Lucas_4
Aerogant

This is my first time on this site, so i would like to open up with a BIG topic of HYDROFRACKING. I believe that this is a very good thing for our society today, both horizontal and vertical alike. Hydrofracking is a great way to give our economy a boost, depending on how much we invest in it. And Hyrofracking is also a easy way to create lots of energy. ACCEPT!...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate

9spaceking
Aerogant

The resolution is simple. "9spaceking is CON in This Particular Debate". "This particular debate" refers to this exact debate which you are currently reading. The link can be found here: http://www.debate.org/debates/9spaceking-is-CON-in-This-Particular-Debate/1/. And CON means "the opposing side of the resolution", while PRO means the side going for the resolution. So PRO has to prove 9spaceking is in fact CON in this...

15 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago