Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Penguins are superior to all other birds

ThatChristianGuy
crushboy79

The Pro side of this debate argues that penguins are the most superior family of bird which currently inhabits the planet Earth. Penguins are able to swim, an ability not possessed by other aviary specimens. Penguins also do not sit on their eggs as other disrespectful feathered animals do, but the eggs sit on their feet covered in a layer of the fathers' feathers. The con side of this argument must select a kind of bird and convince the audience of said bird's superiority to penguins. Go....

0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Evil is a lack of good

SmallTacos
Aerogant

Hello, and welcome to my debate. I am taking the position of Pro, you of Con if you choose to accept. Please be chivalrous, do not swear, and use no logical fallacies. Godwin's law shall not be invoked. Without further ado, let us begin. I argue that evil is a lack of good. Here is why: for years, people have associated evil with cold and blackness, emptyness, all quite entropic. It is almost as if they knew that good exists but evil does not. For example, in the bible Jesus tells us that...

4 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

"Judge Judy" will be taken off the air

Maitlandplace
squirtdonthurt

Every 5 days a week channel 2 keeps airing "Judge Judy" on regular TV with her showing no courtesy or respect and it doesn't teach families and children a lesson when there is nothing good on TV to watch, so it's better for me to get "Judge Judy" off the air because of her harsh and negative attitude....

4 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Rap Battle

Mikal
JasperFrancisShickadance

Con Starts Basic rules apply view this debate >>> http://www.debate.org/debates/Rap-Battle-Rematch/4/ For the criteria and how to judge rap battles Con will pass her final round to even out the rounds...

3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Australia should welcome all refugees

Azza0512
Aerogant

Australia should NOT welcome all refugees because they are stealing all the available jobs and costing the government money meaning more tax for the people that legally live in Australia....

3 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Abortions are unneeded

kaileyanne2016
Aerogant

I strongly believe in pro life and have yet been convinced other whys. The logical thing to do if you don't want the baby is to give it up for adoption. That way the baby can still live its life with a family that really wants a baby....

1 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

How/When will the world end? Judgement?

CountCheechula
Truth_seeker

This debate does not apply to the Pro/Con status. But they still are labels, since I made the debate I chose Con, Con is cooler. Con sounds the bad guy if you think about. Just wanting to know between a smart christian mind and hopefully get answers. Internet Church Talk. You can start your arguments I don't care. Thanks!...

1 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Online relationships don't work

Truth_seeker
TheShadowCupcake

I know i would've posted this when i was younger, but guess it'll have to do lol I argue that online relationships don't work for the reasons that we as humans need physical interaction (face-to-face communication, hugging, etc.) While yes, they might work for an extent, eventually, you will need to see each other in person. Online relationships of any kind can never substitute for real life relationships. Online relationships can get superficial as you both cannot know who the real person is...

4 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Love Does Not Exist

missjones
Truth_seeker

My argument is that love does not truly exist. This is a debate open to anyone. State your specific objection and then I will expand. ...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Feminists don't hate men.

PartTimeHipster
Max.Wallace

As a feminist who is indeed a male, this is a challenge for myself. Feel free to begin....

30 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago