Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion

angel_with_horns
bearski

Homicide is the deliberate taking of a person"s life by another person. If someone commits homicide, they can be put in prison for a life sentence, or under certain circumstances be executed. Abortion is the deliberate "procedure" of taking an unborn baby's life. The key word is deliberate. In both cases however, someone"s life is taken by another person on purpose. In 1973, the supreme court"s decision over Roe Vs Wade effectively legalized abortion in all fifty states, opening abortion clinics...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Human cloning should not be banned

fabvanshita
Gwendelphine

The creation of genetically identical copies of human, given the term Human Cloning, is generally used to refer to the reproduction of human cells and tissues artificially. It is a possibility that seems more viable now than it had been a few years ago. It has the potential to save lives and make a better quality of living for our future generations. Practiced on livestock for a while now, the process of human cloning has seen incredible results. The techniques have been proven to work and w...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

People are more Anti-Trump then they are Pro-Hillary

bp1128
Nuka-Social

It seems that the overall consensus is that Hillary is better suited to be our next president for the sole reason that it is believed that Donald Trump is "bad". As for myself, I am a Donald Trump supporter based on his policies (not all of them), and when I asked who I am voting for I get called a racist, a bigot, condescending, crazy. When I challenge back as to why they are voting for Hillary or not at all, an attack more on his character then his policies. Those who are Anti-Trump seem more...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Who can write the best short story?

HungryBoot
brontoraptor

Hello. Here is my story. Try to top this story. I know you can. Come… and Eat Rice A Short Comedic Story filled with Cliché Lines “No. It didn’t have to end this way. I believed in you. What have you become?...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Manmade global climate change is real and a threat.

Stupidape
rammer5678

There is so much information on the topic that rather than reiterate all of it I will make a short summary. Also burden of proof will be 51% on my opponent and 49% on me. Manmade global climate change is the general increase in temperature at rapid rates that is mainly caused by CO2 from industry increases. Carbon dioxide is at 404.48 parts per million and the temperature has increased 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1880. [0]Although 1.4 degrees doesn't sou...

25 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Rap (Con) v Your Music Preference (Pro)

JimShady
TheH0rnet.exe

This is an opinionated debate, so of course we're not going to reach a resolution that one type of music is absolutely superior. But I would just like to debate which music genre is better anyway... rap, mine, or your music preference. Round 1 for acceptance, and then the rest of the rounds are for explaining why your genre of music is better, plus rebuttals....

4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

afl is better than soccer

mcgrlac1
ThatGuy1023

afl is better than soccer because it's more of a real sport...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Stupidape
harrytruman

I have noticed that a surprising number of people still think global climate change is a hoax. I hope to destroy some of that myth. Pope Francis recognizes climate change and calls for swift action. [0]Impact: I think the Pope knows what he is doing and thus man-made global climate change is real and a threat.The scientific angle, inconvenient truth [1]. Impact, scientific evidence clearly backs up this claim in the documentary an inconvenient truth. [1]<...

7 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The Earth is older than the Creationist accepted less than 10,000 years old.

JcMagic2015
mmichaen

I took the con view in high school (The Answers in Genesis, Creationist view of the Earth's age is correct). This was fun and I would now like to take the other side. While I am a Christian, I do not personally believe the conclusion of the age of the Earth was correct. Forewarning, I will be using carbon dating for a big piece of this evidence....

4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Does The Joker actually love Harley Quinn?

XxSahfirexX
benshapirohero

I have been wondering what the true nature of The Joker's and Harley's relationship is, and I have seen so many opinions of what it may be like. I am not a super fan or anything but the relationship between the two just intrigues me, as do the individual characters themselves. I am unsure of what my opinion is, but I have to admit that would like to think he does love her, simply because even if you are insane believe you deserve at least one person that makes you feel safe, comfortable and m...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago