Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

government should run exactly like a business

willhudson79
dexterbeagle

Government should run exactly like a business...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

The Hebrew Scriptures are scientifically inaccurate

Jellon
Sagey

In another debate, Sagey ranted about the Bible being scientifically inaccurate, and offered to defend his claims in debate. I claim that there is no contradiction Showing a lack of contradiction requires an exhaustive study and cannot be done within the limits of DDO. So for purposes of this debate, it should be assumed that there is no contradiction unless pro can produce one. Because pro will be second to go in each round, I will give no argument in round 1. I will give rebuttal to pro's roun...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Are Men Superior To Women?

Mootypotuty
Surrealism

I'm going to start by saying that i am a man and am not directly saying that man is better than women. Based on what I have seen as a kid and in society today, men seem superior. Growing up, my mom would turn to my dad to deal with a situation or "figure it out." My dad could always calmly handle situations and to the best of his ability come up with a solution. When my parents got divorced, my mom seemed to turn to me when something needed to be done or if she needed to know what we should do i...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Tic Tac Toe

LDPOFODebATeR0328
LifeMeansGodIsGood

My second tic tac toe game! Rules: -No forfeits -No cheating -No cussing The player who succeeds in placing three respective marks in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row wins the game. Game: X_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ *X is me....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gays should have the same rights as everyone else

KilannaGreen
Domr

I believe that all people gay, straight,lesbian,blue,purple it doesn't matter everyone should have the same rights and opportunities others have. This is because gay people are treated differently in many communities like the straight and religious communities. They always argue that homosexual people are not normal because they simply can not procreate. While this is true there are many straight people who can't procreate either, so because those people can't reproduce they should be treated le...

Voting Period
18 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

liberalism is driven by emotions, not truth.

cheyennebodie
AlternativeDavid

That is why liberals always parade people who have problems in front of everybody, never researching WHY they have these problems.The worst judgments in our courts are from an emotional response to a situation....

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abel Would Have Killed Cain

wrichcirw
Truth_seeker

ResolutionAbel Would Have Killed CainBackgroundWatching the movie Noah got me thinking about some of the Genesis stories, most of which are exceedingly brief. The story of Cain and Abel occurs over the course of 16 verses in Genesis 4 (

3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Porn & Masturbation are Harmful to your Health.

dwmiller
AlternativeDavid

This is a debate on whether porn and masturbation are indeed harmful to your sexual, and overall health. I will be taking the pro position that they are indeed harmful. The round rules are as follows. Any going against these rules will result in loss of the conduct point: Round 1-- Accept by a con position only. Round 2-- Main arguments from each side. Round 3-- Rebuttals to main arguments by each side. Round 4-- Rebuttals to opponents rebuttals, and closing arguments. This is a frie...

Voting Period
15 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

In the Bible Angels and Demons are interchangeable

pivot
Ash_RationalTheist

Have you ever watched the Three Stooges on TV? Moe, Larry and Curly. Moe, Larry and Shemp (Champ for all you non-Yiddish). Moe, Larry and Joe, (er, ah, didn't like the Joe episodes). In the Stooges you have 2/3 which would be Moe and Larry. Then you have the 1/3 which would be either Curly or Champ, (Shemp for all you non-English). The gest of the Stooges is that there is something wrong with the world and they, the Stooges are going to straighten it out. You get all the laughs from all the kook...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

It is impossible for God to know everything (assuming God exists)

RainbowDash52
Mister_Man

Definition: Knowing if a statement is true means that you are be able to correctly respond with either true or false when asked if that statement is true....

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago