Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

should children play video games?

Tim2004
Bill_Henly

Children should be playing video games. Video games are fun but it also contains a lot of knowledge, especially for people new to learn a language. As I remember, one of my friends just came to Canada, and he is really bad at English. However, I always play Minecraft with him, sooner he learned many words from the game. For example, gems, hatchet, and iron, so I think children should be playing video games. Also, video games can entertain when we are mad and alone. Once I was mad because of...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

DebateIsland.com New Debate Website VS Debate.org?

TrumpSupporter
ShyreWolf

DebateIsland.com released another new update that includes user page customization, redesigned Debting, new Debates and Communtiies views, redesigned profile, new closed Debate functionality and Debate status. DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls. DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there. The DebateIsland community is very civil and the fou...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Information Transferred over Older Mediums Is Always More Legitimate

holla1755
levi_smiles

The older the medium over which information is transferred, the more legitimate the information is. For example, information received face-to-face from another person is always more legitimate than information received through texting on a smartphone. My thesis for this debate is similar to a quoted claim I made on Twitter on December 28, 2016 (https://twitter.com/paulemok/status/814322169119383552), "'The older the medium that information is transferred, the more legitimate the information o...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

god according to the bible would ---not--- use text as a form of communication

backwardseden
NKaloms

god according to the bible would ---not--- use text as a form of communication, the worst possible form of communication to god. Rules:For this debate it will be up to you as Con to prove that god according to the bible would use text, namely the bible, as a form of communication. You

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

backwardseden
DNehlsen

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

All Propositions Are True

holla1755
QueenDaisy

I previously instigated and completed the debate "All Propositions Are True," located at http://www.debate.org/debates/All-Propositions-Are-True/1/, and subsequently started and participated in the forum "All Propositions Are True," located at http://www.debate.org/forums/Philosophy/topic/100799/. In the following paragraph, I provide verbatim the same argument I gave as my opening argument for the aforementioned debate. Consider the proposition p = "A rectangle is a square." Since some recta...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Best Debate.org alternative - DebateIsland.com?

TrumpSupporter
NightSpeaks

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

privacy vs security

diustroyer
Shad0wXx

I think security is more important than privacy because If you cant say or type something that would get the cops suspicious about you then don't type at all in that cause and if people have less privacy cops can find more online terrorists so in that cause security is more important than privacy....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

There are no good women on DDO to debate

missjones
Emilrose

Hey, I'm debating that on Debate.org the women are, let's say, a tad under-par. I've had some thoughtful debates with guys on here but there seems to be a severe lack of intelligent women. Please do not accept if you are male. Only females can accept this debate - or I will end it immediately. Thanks....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

What is the worst thing about the god according to the bible?

backwardseden
MrUltimateAviator

What is the worst thing about the god according to the bible?(not in order of importance) * That this god character knowingly lies

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago