Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gay marriage should stay legal in all 50 states

Lsumichiganfan
KpoopAndPee

Hello welcome to the debate! I would like to clarify that Con will be arguing that gay marriage should be illegal in all 50 states I will be arguing that it should stay legal in all 50 states. 1st round is acceptance only I look for a fair fun debate! Good luck to you! (You may use religious reasons for your con position)...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Test

Lsumichiganfan
lannan13

Iannan friend request. DONT VOTE THIS IS A TEST/ FRIEND REQUEST...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

empty area

JernHenrik
Burls

more emptiness...

Voting Period
14 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Should The NSA Be Allowed To Spy On Legal Law Abiding Citizens?

Bray5234
TheOpinionist

The NSA has no constitutional right to spy on legal law abiding citizens. My opponent should prove/persuade me that they do have a right to do what they are currently doing....

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

As an atheist there is no objective morality.

JBphilo
Couchsessel

I used to subscribe to utilitarianism but then discovered the naturalistic fallacy. This being that just because humans feel pleasure and pain it does not follow that we should act according to this fact. What is the point of doing so? Why should we care about others pain in the first place? Please convince me that an objective morality as an atheist, exists....

Voting Period
34 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Was the Abu Graib torture show ok?

JernHenrik
Jedi4

NO WAY was US servicemen justified in stripping Iraqi rebel prisoners naked during their interrogation, and humiliating them sexually as well as beating them. Do you disagree?...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Is batman better than superman

brianjustin3709
albinstany

Thanks for accepting this debate. We will have 3 rounds. Our first round is introducing and the rest is information....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is torture ok to use in war time?

JernHenrik
Feyerabend

how about a quick debate? 15 min per round?`...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Does the idea of the Christian God contradict science?

AaronMC
TyroneShelton

Because I am taking the negative position in this question, the burden of proof necessarily falls on my opponent. However, it is incumbent upon me to delineate essentially what I mean by the Christian God for the purpose of this debate, in order that a potential opponent might make coherent arguments supporting the contradiction between the existence of such a God and the discoveries of science. By "The Christian God", I mean a personal being that governs the entire universe, loves humanity,...

Voting Period
32 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Con should win this debate

Donderpants
asdf1231

Hello! Today I will argue that Con deserves to win this debate. I don't yet know what kind of person Con will be, but I get the feeling that anyone who would accept this argument is a really nice person with a good sense of humor, who deserves a win. So vote for them, and make both of us happy. (by the way, the actual winner is whoever loses the debate. If Con can convince you to vote me as winner, then he wins. If I can convince you to vote Con as winner, then I win.)...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago