Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Kitties, Love and My First Discussion! Yay! Take it easy on me please! >'.'<

LovingFlowerGirl
Aerogant

Hi! I am new to this site. :) My favorite philosopher is Mother Theresa... She taught me how to love everyone and to never doubt yourself no matter what. I have a pet hamster named Joey and he just inspires me with just the way he keeps going in circles no matter what. Okay, okay. I'll stop babbling, I'm just happy, haha. Today I want to discuss about... cats! Yes! They are so adorable. I just want to snuggle in many kittens. Meow~ Why do we love them so much when they don't really give u...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Evil is a lack of good

SmallTacos
Aerogant

Hello, and welcome to my debate. I am taking the position of Pro, you of Con if you choose to accept. Please be chivalrous, do not swear, and use no logical fallacies. Godwin's law shall not be invoked. Without further ado, let us begin. I argue that evil is a lack of good. Here is why: for years, people have associated evil with cold and blackness, emptyness, all quite entropic. It is almost as if they knew that good exists but evil does not. For example, in the bible Jesus tells us that...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

People over-exaggerate jumping dogs

Equalityman
Aerogant

This is my first argument on here so not that experienced at arguments yet. Help me get better with arguments please! Dogs are lovely companions who show a lot of companionship. They are living beings who strive to please. There are behaviors that are cute. When dogs see friends/ people coming through their homes, at parks, dogs get excited run and jump. When I turn away from a dog who is jumping it stresses me out and feel like a jerk. When I let dogs jump on me I feel happy. I find it easy...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Objective morality would prove naturalism to be false

Benshapiro
Aerogant

First round is for acceptance. No new arguments in the final round but rebuttals are permitted. Naturalism: "a philosophical viewpoint according to which everything arises from natural properties and causes, and supernatural or spiritual explanations are excluded or discounted."Objective: "(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representin...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

The Christian God exists (11)

superbowl9
LifeMeansGodIsGood

This is a debate about whether or not the Christian god exists. I will be refuting arguments from my opponent, who will have the burden of proving that the Christian god is real. The Christian god is the god as described by Jesus and the Bible. Rounds 1-4 are all for claims, rebuttals, and counter-rebuttals. Since I would not be able to refute my opponent's fourth-round claims, I request that they write "no round" in the fourth round of the debate. You can use any type of evidence, o...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

"Judge Judy" will be taken off the air

Maitlandplace
squirtdonthurt

Every 5 days a week channel 2 keeps airing "Judge Judy" on regular TV with her showing no courtesy or respect and it doesn't teach families and children a lesson when there is nothing good on TV to watch, so it's better for me to get "Judge Judy" off the air because of her harsh and negative attitude....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

White fingers and thumbs, the encouragement of racism.

Max.Wallace
Cooldudebro

Why are all the self representative picture choices on this site clearly white when it comes to fingers and thumbs? Clearly this is a racist site....

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Rap Battle

Mikal
JasperFrancisShickadance

Con Starts Basic rules apply view this debate >>> http://www.debate.org/debates/Rap-Battle-Rematch/4/ For the criteria and how to judge rap battles Con will pass her final round to even out the rounds...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Pascals Wager is a valid argument for believing in God

DavidFlo
superbowl9

Pascal's Wager is right and we should believe in God....

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

god obviously exists

DavidFlo
JohnMaynardKeynes

there obviously is a god we can see his creations that is evidence of him because he created us in his image if you dont believe you are ignorant and you hate him...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago