Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Piercings

ImAMagickMonster
Joshuapotts2201

Piercings are a way of self-expression. > It gives us freedom to express ourselves >Body piercing can improve visual appearance >It is a form of art/culture/community > They can be taken out if a person no longer wants them > They are another way of fashion and being individual aside from clothing and music taste. > If taken out it won't leave lots of marks and can heal completely > It expresses personality and way of life...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Should the Supreme Court have lifetime appointments?

miller3317
srhelsel609

The Supreme Court Justices, when appointed, are offered a lifetime appointment. This should not be the case. The Constitution does not state "lifetime appointments." but rather cites maintaining "good behaviour". "Good"? I strongly disagree with this. Where's the rationale for this indefiniteness? If the argument is to disassociate politics from the judicial branch, then fine, this can still be done with an appointment of 25 years or even less. Lifetime appointments should be disallowed....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Death Penalty should be abolished

Midnight1131
The_American_Sniper

This challenge is issued to The_American_Sniper. The debate will be structured in the following manner. 1st round acceptance2nd round arguments3rd round rebutalls4th round defense.Definitions - From Oxford DictionariesDeath Penalty - the punishment of execution, administered to someone legally convicted of a capital crime.Abolish...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

If you accept you lose

brianjustin3709
mostlogical

Hello we have 2 roundsFirst if anyone accepts this debate, they lose. But then I the instignator can not lose so the contender has to lose, or if he has good arguments then it is a tie.No trolling, loseForfeiting= LoseFlake= loseRemember, you have to lose or tie.If anyone says the other side wins, I will report the vote and will challenge the person to a debate until I win or vote the other side in his debate.

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Politcs

bencarson2016
HermanGomez95

Hilary Clinton is the stupidest white trashy piece of crap out of every candidate on The Republican side or The Domocratic side...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Virgin Mary (Catholic VS Protestant View)

Jamais23
JMan1424

Hello, I started this debate to practice my debating skills and try to prove as much as I can. I'll be defending the Catholic position of Mary as opposed to Protestant Fundamentalism....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Youth Suffrage? should we lower the voting age.

srhelsel609
ExplosiveDebate

The right to vote is a injustice to just not only me, but to future generations of citizens. We are all citizens, we all live and work here, why as teens are denied the most important civil right to our democracy. Youth Suffrage or lowering the voting age to 16-17 is a issue that is sidelined by the media and the government. But I have a voice, and want to use it. Why in the home of the free, we are still being looked down as dumb uneducated teens? We are more inform than half of voters. We pay...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Get rid of religion

DublinMagpie
crushboy79

I think Religion should be banned or at least taught as fiction ....

Voting Period
47 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should we replace the Constitution with the Bible as the official document for US Law?

HermanGomez95
JMan1424

Thanks to my opponent for bringing this topic up in the opinion sections of DDO. If he were to accept, here is the following structure for this debate. Round 1:

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Minimum Wage Should Not Be Raised

bballcrook21
Brian1813

I will be arguing for a stable federal minimum wage in the United States. I personally believe that the minimum wage should be abolished altogether, as I believe in almost nonexistent government intervention in business. However, I am arguing that we should not increase the minimum wage any higher then it already is on a federal basis. This comes from the fact that Seattle, NYC, LA, and Chicago have all raised their minimum wages to an exorbitant amount, which will eventually end up in los...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago