Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should Women Shave Their Legs

HughDMann
13B77

Should Women shave their legs? I think no, then we can evolve into furry yeti-people. This will be good for the next apocalypse. Thank You....

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 5 Minutes Ago

ban islam

vi_spex
AlphaFSPG107

you can not fight the law.. this is a war that can only be fought by law.. laws exist to limit religion.. becomming like muslims i might as well kill myself to end them.. ban islam what you gonna do in jail.. a lonley killer i like to give them an option, muslim men get their nuts cut off or leave, and muslim women and children also the men must all make an argument for why to not believe in islam.. and leave islam to get to stay. problem with slavery is submission by submission.. if the...

Voting Period
12 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

The Date Of Australia Day Should Be Changed

victoriarizzardo
oliviarawson

The debate about the date of Australia Day has created a great divide between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Australians. January 26th is Australia Day yet it is offensive towards Aboriginal people. Indigenous Australians feel that the date of Australia Day should be changed, and with good reason. Think of it this way: would you celebrate the date that your land was invaded and your life got turned upside down? Exactly....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Changing Australia Day's date

bridget12555
madeline.atanasovsi

Australia Day is a day that is considered to be celebrated with the thought of "what is great about Australia and being Australian?" Well, many people in Australian society strongly believe that Australia Day should be changed from the 26th of January. Imagine if your ancestors were disposed, slaughtered and had their land and children stolen, would you celebrate the date on which it began? I don"t think anyone would. The 26th of January marks the coming of Australia of the white people, in 1...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is LGBT eligible for children under the age of 19?

lunartrashcan
Dab8er

I think not. Being this young and being able to make this types of choices that could affect your life in the long run, and not for the better. Children got through things like puberty that implement mood swings and voluntary reactions to different questions. A kid might feel a certain way one day and feel the exact opposite on another. So seeing them make choices like this as kids is hard. I recommend they should thing about it over the years to get an answer that you they have approved and...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

This debate has one round.

Ockham
Biodome

This debate has one round because, as you can see, it only has one round. There is one speech for Pro, and one speech for Con, which constitutes a single round. There is also a big red sign off to the right which says "Round 1," but there is no similar sign saying "Round 2." Therefore, this debate only has one round. I look forward to my opponent's rebuttal....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

This is a picture of a tree.

Ockham
vi_spex

I will be arguing that the following is a picture of a tree:https://vienna-wv.com/images/tree.jpgThe picture is clearly a picture of a tree, because the pictured object has a brown trunk which terminates in green leaves. This is what trees look like, therefore the picture is of a tree.I look forward to my opponent's response....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

If a claim is true, then it is not false.

Ockham
vi_spex

I will begin with definitions. A claim is a proposition, something that can be true or false. For example, "the sky is blue" is a claim, and it is true. By contrast, "Lord Voldemort exists" is a claim that is false. True means corresponding to reality, like my belief that I am sitting in a chair. False means failing to correspond to reality, like a crazy person's belief that he is Napoleon. Now, given these definitions, we can clearly see that if a claim is true, then it is not false. I...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is Antonio Brown a top 10 receiver?

AlphaFSPG107
ASquared

I am arguing pro, that Antonio Brown is a top 10 receiver in the league right now. First of all, Antonio came in second in terms of yards (1834) only surpassed by Falcons receiver Julio Jones (1871). However, Antonio got 10 TDs while Julio only posted 8. The player who came third to Brown (DeAndre Hopkins) had over 300 less yards than he did, already providing strong evidence that Antonio is undoubtedly a top 10 receiver in the league right now, if not top 3. {1} From a historic perspective...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

intelligence=see

vi_spex
squonk

past is contrast.. seen script of existence=ultimate survival you will know, the predator predates you.. unless we expand on the concept, and invent teleportation devices and teleport their spaceships directly toward the surface of a sun.. human intelligence, how they gonna cool down their drinks then...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago