A Bill to Invest in Thorium Nuclear Reactors
Debate Rounds (3)
2. SECTION 1. The United States will designate 3 billion dollars to the research,
3. development and implementation of Liquid Thorium nuclear reactors.
4. SECTION 2. A. One billion dollars will be devoted to the research and refinement of
5. Liquid Thorium reactors.
6. B. The remaining funds will be given out to companies in order to cover
7. the cost of construction.
8. SECTION 3. The Department of Energy, The Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the
9. Department of the Treasury will oversee the implementation of this bill.
10. A. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission will oversee the safety of any
11. power plant that is constructed.
12. B. The Department of Energy will oversee the aims and allocations of
13. government funding.
14. SECTION 4. This bill will be implemented at the start of the 2015 fiscal year.
15. SECTION 5. All laws in conflict with this legislation are hereby declared null and
MUSA forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.