Ashley17
studentathletechristian8

A Bill to lift the Cuban Embargo

studentathletechristian8

Ashley17

Pro

I give my opponent the privlege(it may be a burden on your behave) of starting this round.
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate and the readers for another opportunity.

As Con, I shall negate the resolution.

Although my opponent has not provided any argumentation in her first round, she still holds the Burden of Proof to affirm the resolution. As Instigator and Pro, my opponent has the Burden to uphold the resolution.

I shall now let my opponent clarify the resolution and create some form of argumentation in the proceeding rounds. Thank you.
Ashley17

Pro

These are my reasons why this bill should be lifted:

Before I began I'd like to state my resource: comondreams.org

1)"Washington's embargo against Cuba also has an impact on the United States economy and prevents millions of U.S. citizens from benefiting from Cuban medical progress, according to a report released by the Cuban foreign ministry".
*If they can't get cured at their own country due to lack of money or the availability of medication, than why shouldn't they be able to come to America, to receive the proper treatment*.

2)Due to the Cuban Embargo," it has been impossible to begin clinical trials in the U.S. with TheraCIM, a Cuban pharmaceutical product for treating brain tumours in children.

"TheraCIM is produced by the Molecular Immunology Centre, which in 2004 made a deal with U.S. company CancerVax to develop and produce therapeutic vaccines against cancer. "

"This medication is registered in Cuba and other countries for treating cancer of the head and neck, and has been proved to reduce tumour mass. It could benefit children in the United States and other countries with this type of cancer, the report points out. "
*why should we restrict Americans of these treatments that will benefit them?* More people will be cured, why should we let the civilians suffer due to a this absurd bill?*

" millions of people in the United States suffering from diabetes could benefit from Citoprot P, a unique product and treatment method that accelerates healing of diabetic foot ulcers, reducing the risk of lower extremity amputations"
*If this bill is passed than millions of people will not be suffering from such diseases. It'll save lives and sufferings.*

"The restrictions that Cuba calls a blockade and the U.S. an embargo have cost this Caribbean country 86.1 billion dollars in total damages throughout the period, including four billion in 2005 alone, the document says. "
*Why should we let a country and it's civilians suffer? It's economy is already bad! how does this look in Americas part, looks as if it's a self-fish careless country. Other countries look up to the United States, it's sup pos ably # 1, now what will other countries think?Why ruin Americas reputation?*

"The report states that the ban on U.S. tourism to Cuba causes tourist agents in the U.S. losses of 565 million dollars per million U.S. tourists who are prevented from visiting the country"
*United states is also suffering from this bill, were losing a lot of money when we could be gaining money from tourism to help this economy*

"In addition, the U.S. imports about 148,000 tons of primary nickel and some 10,000 tons of cobalt annually "from distant markets. But If the blockade did not exist, it could purchase these raw materials from Cuba, only 200 kilometres away, the report notes. "
*why purchase and exchange good from further countries when we can save gas and money by going to Cuba*
studentathletechristian8

Con

studentathletechristian8 forfeited this round.
Ashley17

Pro

My opponent has forfeited, therefore he has no arguments or combats, therefore I should win.
studentathletechristian8

Con

Ashley17

Pro

Again, my opponent does not have any arguments to make, therefore he agrees with me 100%.
studentathletechristian8

Con

Ashley17

Pro

Ashley17 forfeited this round.
studentathletechristian8

Con

When I typed in the link my opponent provided, all that came up was an online poker site. Her sources (which she copied directly from) are not provided and we cannot know if they are factual.

However, this entire debate has been ruined by the previous forfeits.
Posted by Ashley17 7 years ago
Ashley17
That's a lie I never gave myself 7 points, that first time was an accident. Its very hypocritical to give points when you did not win.
Posted by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Um... I'm pretty sure you can only give yourself seven points. Ashley, I've noticed that you have given yourself seven points straight off the bat in all of the debates we've been in...
Posted by Ashley17 7 years ago
Ashley17
I agree, he may have given himself those points!
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Most unfair that CON should win this.
Posted by Ashley17 7 years ago
Ashley17
Oh! Ok! Well you should try debating in a tournament.
studentathletechristian8
I have never been in a formal debate or had any training, so I have no idea what you're talking about ;)
Posted by Ashley17 7 years ago
Ashley17
Thank you for that honest,sincere answer! Do you know about this debate event called; "the titan invititional", it's going to be a debate event hosted by Nova high school, you may know about it because your in florida.
studentathletechristian8
I am not lying. When I accepted the debates, my brother was feeling fine. However, he would go through periods where it was really rough, so I had to prioritize and decided which ones were worth finishing. I honestly do not know too much about bills associated with the Cuban embargo, so unfortunately, this one was passed. Good job with your argumentation though ;)
Posted by Ashley17 7 years ago
Ashley17
Future Tips from Ashley:

1)If your going to joke about something, you put LOL! something to indict that your joking.
2) You should of just stated that your brother was ill than we could of understood that, not try to cover it up, honesty if the best policy!

if you were with your brother, than how were you able to debate other topic?(indicated by your profile), you've debated a fair amount of debates? My opponent has refused to answer this question. Therefore he must be lying because if he couldn't debate this one than how could he debate the other topics?
studentathletechristian8
P.S. I wasn't able to make the rounds because my little bro got really ill with his asthma. It's not my fault I care about my little bro and spent my time doing anything he wanted.
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Ashley17studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
Ashley17studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Ashley17studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Metz 7 years ago
Metz
Ashley17studentathletechristian8Tied