HashTagWeLoveDebate
STALIN

A Comprehensive Immigration Reform is key to our Economy and one should be issued

STALIN

HashTagWeLoveDebate

Pro

Just looking for someone who pulls up evidence to our resolution.
STALIN

Con

This is nonsense. What the US economy needs is for Democrats and Republicans to stop messing around and actually do something. Money goes to the rich. That is largely the reason that this economy is so bad. It has nothing to do with immigration [1].

http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Awsome font:D
HashTagWeLoveDebate

Pro

I honestly have to call you out on being un-topical with the resolution on the first part. And a comprehensive immigration reform is needed and could help out our economy.
http://www.usnews.com...
That basically says that an Immigration reform would provide jobs and solve our economy that is extremely fragile at this moment. Workers studying in the field's of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math from outside of the United states could come to our country , work with the brilliant minds that they have, and solve our economy. I honestly won't say anything against your " Democrat and Republican" argument because it's off topic. The resolution states that the economy is fragile at this moment and through passing an immigration reform, it could help our economy become resilient. I think you also got the resolution wrong. An Comprehensive Immigration Reform is where congress passes a reform that allows people from other countries to come and work in America. So... I tell the audience to vote affirmative.
STALIN

Con

My opponent states that Immigration Reforms are what will help the US economy.

This is incorrect because:

1) The bad economy is largely because the US is n dept. How will immigration reform help this?

2) The USA is struggling to provide jobs for people already living in the United States. How will they provide jobs for more people who come to the United States.

3) The USA will become overpopulated like China and India if more immigrants are to come to the country.

My opponent has still not proven that immigration reform is going to solve anything and until he can do this, I will rest my case. The trouble that the USA is currently in is larger than just immigration. My opponent has not clearly stated what kind of immigration reforms are needed.
HashTagWeLoveDebate

Pro

My opponent ignored the fact that we won't be over populated in because if every US Citizen was given just an acre of land, We would only fit in the state of Texas.
And like China and India, as for that my opponent also ignored that our US birth rate is going down now, with abortions coming out stronger than ever before. The US is a well developed country and one way of telling it is a developed country is that our birth rate is declining.
And extend the evidence that I had that specified that if we pass an immigration reform, it will end up solving our economy and providing jobs. I don't think my opponent even looked at the evidence that was clearly specified.
And again I tell you guys to please vote affirmative on this case because they had no evidence that specified that the US will be over populated.
I presented evidence that an immigration reform would in deed provide jobs and solve for the economy
Vote Affirmative
STALIN

Con

"My opponent ignored the fact that we won't be over populated in because if every US Citizen was given just an acre of land, We would only fit in the state of Texas."

The earth has 7 billion people and 7 billion people could fit into Los Angeles. However the big problem is getting enough resources to supply those people. That is what is happening in India and China and it will happen in the United States if many more people are to enter the country.

"And like China and India, as for that my opponent also ignored that our US birth rate is going down now, with abortions coming out stronger than ever before. The US is a well developed country and one way of telling it is a developed country is that our birth rate is declining."

Although the USA is a well developed country, the people entering the country would not be "well developed". They would mostly come to the country in search of better opportunity and a better job.

"And extend the evidence that I had that specified that if we pass an immigration reform, it will end up solving our economy and providing jobs."

There are not enough jobs in the United States for the American population. How do you find jobs for millions of more people.

Conclusion:

I thank my opponent for this debate. However I would like to point out that the United States has no need for immigrants considering the fact that there are many people who are unemployed. Pro says nothing about what kind of laws should be passed and he does not specify how effective they will be. Therefore, I think I have won this debate. VOTE CON!
Posted by ModerateLiberalism 3 years ago
ModerateLiberalism
To say the cause of our economic woes is our debt is literally no different from saying "I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about."
Posted by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
Gaurdian_Rock
Stalin has a point... The trickle down affect, does not seem to trickle.
Vote Placed by Artur 3 years ago
Artur
HashTagWeLoveDebateSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: till the last round it was a draw, PRO used arguements without any explanation, he gave a link of a newspaper which supports his case but he didnot answer the questions of CON given in the second round. and in the last round, CON destroyed PRO, refuted him by giving a logical comparisons. hence, I vote for CON. ps.: I voted; I agreed with CON after the debate, but it works just in this debate, I do not ignore that reform has a probability to solve problems.
Vote Placed by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
Gaurdian_Rock
HashTagWeLoveDebateSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: Stalin pulls it off by asking the simple question," How will be find jobs for these people." Very good debate though.
Vote Placed by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
HashTagWeLoveDebateSTALINTied
Reasons for voting decision: Tough debate; however, I think Con pulled off this debate by showing that America is mostly unemployed for the moment, so any more immigration would ruin employment.