Machiavel
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat

A New Form of Government, Anyone?

Machiavel

Con

I hope to start a debate concerning a new, explicitly detailed form of government that does not precisely match and offers some perceived advantage over other governments, which I will subsequently point out the flaws in and criticize.

The government proposed may follow a particular ideology or be similar to a current or theoretical system, but must have new element(s).
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat

Pro

I accept. This should be fun, whether I win or loose.

The government I propose shall be structured around government mandated, carefully organized use of the recreational properties of drugs such as Cannabis and Lysergic acid diethylamide, or LSD. I propose a communist, self sustained society that the citizens of which are either tripping or stoned, in every waking hour of the day. I shall call this government a Stonocracy, and it shall be a Stimulant-Based Constitutional Democracy. I shall outline this theoretical system of government in the following paragraphs.

Basics:
This society shall be based on the fundamentals of Marxist Communism, with the addition of the regulated use of various psychoactive and hallucinogenic drugs. My proposed system of government shall adhere to the 10 planks of Communism proposed by Marx, with the exception of the first (the abolition of property. People need to be able to hold on to their stash!), and with heavy emphasis on the 9th, the proposed combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries.

Money:
Money as we know it will be abolished. The government shall maintain a private reserve to be used in trading with other nations. Individuals shall have no need for money.

Elections:
Leaders of the government shall be be elected once a year, by cumulative votes cast by the nation's citizens. In the unlikely event of a tie, the winner will be decided via doughnut eating contest.

Pot:
Each and every citizen of this theoretical country shall receive, starting on their 18th birthday, a monthly ration of 10 grams of cannabis. They may supplement this by maintaining their own hemp plants, for personal consumption.

Hallucinogens (LSD, Shrooms, etc,)
Manufactured drugs such as LSD may be produced in factories. These shall also be rationed, but at much lower doses than Cannabis. Keep in mind this is all purely theoretical.

I urge you to find actual fault with my proposed system of government. Please take this as seriously as a Doughnut/Pot based government can be. Peace.
Machiavel

Con

Machiavel forfeited this round.
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat

Pro

Oh, Machiavel. I had hoped for a good debate from you! Maybe, just maybe, you can finish this? Pleeeeeaaase?
Machiavel

Con

Machiavel forfeited this round.
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat

Pro

Jeez, man. You can't just quit on me!
Machiavel

Con

Machiavel forfeited this round.
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat

Pro

Weeeeeeeeeee've got a quitter on our hands, folks...
Machiavel

Con

Machiavel forfeited this round.
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat

Pro

Oh, no! He forfeited. If anyone wants to start up this debate again, you can send me a challenge. Peace.
Posted by Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat 3 years ago
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat
Goddammit, I don't care if this is a bad debate. This is gonna be fun!
Posted by SloppyJoe6412 3 years ago
SloppyJoe6412
You have not posted a valid debate here. You should have posted this under the Political Forum, where anybody can throw an idea and others will discuss it.
Posted by UncleFox 3 years ago
UncleFox
I'm not quite sure what it is you want to debate here. In a debate there is a PRO/CON structure, but what you seem to be asking is for your opponent to propose a NEW form of government which you will then shoot down or discredit, I assume, using logical and credible arguments, as opposed to me opinions. I'm also unclear as to in which Nation we're talking about proposing to install a new Govt. Makes a big difference f you're talking about the USA or Russia or North Korea. Please reply, I'm interested.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
Just to clear it up: you are asking that your opponent comes up with a new form of government, and you tell why that is a bad idea?