A Ouija Board Has Spiritual Qualities and Is Able To Receive Messages From The Dead

Started: 10/14/2014 Category: Games

I would like to begin this debate by explaining what a Ouija Board is and what it does. A Ouija Board is a "mystical" Board that, when asked a question, is supposed to receive and spell out a message from a person that has passed on. I am here to say that a Ouija Board has no spiritual qualities what so ever and therefore, i negate the resolution. now, my opponent may ask the question, "then how does it work?". well, i have an answer. According to, the pointer of the Ouija Board is moved by something called the ideomotor effect. This is basically your unconscious mind moving the body without the conscious mind figuring it out. So, to make a long point short, the "spirit" is not moving the pointer, you are. to prove this, i would like to bring up an example of a personal experience i had. i tried the Ouija board myself, solely to prove the "spiritual" aspect of it wrong. I tried the Ouija Board twice. once was done the traditional way. i got a completely logical answer, an actual word. then, i had my friend put a blindfold on me. I then asked the Ouija Board the same question, but got gibberish as an answer. This is because i was unable to see where the letters were and therefore unable to make out a legible answer.

The judges should vote for me because i have stated several points, a logical reasoning, and an example. I will await my opponents response.

According to the Museum of Talking Boards the instructions are to "Place the board upon the knees of two persons, lady and gentleman preferred...". Giving in to the benefit of the doubt the judges will recognize the error in your own experiment. Will you perhaps repeat it? Or concede the argument?

I do not see how your argument has the slightest thing to do with mine. if it is a repetition you want, the i will. its obnoxious to think that "Spirits" are controlling it. it is an involuntary action that your conscious mind does not register. short story short, you are moving it without knowing it. i hope the judges see that i am providing proof AND a logical explanation. if they fail to see it, then i would like to ask my opponent to give me an explanation of how it works AND proof of said explanation. also, i would like to question on what my opponent meant by their last argument.

For all I know the Ouija device is used for communicating with Angels, and the Angels aren't dead having never been incarnate; so on this point I also beg the question until the proponent supplies evidence to the contrary.

My opponent states a willingness to repeat the experiment; I await the outcome of the process as outlined, and in accord with the rules supplied by the original manufacturer.

My opponent has failed to give me a reason that the "pointer" moves. if it is not due to the Ideomotor Effect, then how doe it work. and if so, do you have proof?

The technicality proposed in round:1 was unearthed during research because I know next to nothing about this topic.

On the question whether 'A Ouija Board Has Spiritual Qualities and Is Able To Receive Messages From The Dead' I propose the affirmative giving John 1:5 as the supporting material, to wit: "The light shineth in darkness"
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
2 Corinthians 4:3 "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:"

2 Corinthians 4:4 "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 2 years ago
I agree with you, Jaedyn t., but in the debate posted below it's because my opponent didn't write the scientific reasoning for why the Ouiga board isn't spiritual that I won. Otherwise I think I am disproved but right now I am still deciding, looking for answers.
Posted by Jaedyn.T 2 years ago
I have little to say on the subject only that I do believe in the power of a ouija board. I personally don't mess with them because they can invite evil spirits
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
pro position is impossible.
Posted by PurpleLover51998 2 years ago
I believe in the paranormal and will be always believe the ouija board has spiritual qualities. I have tried the ouija board blindfolded and got a word so I believe in it. The word I got was Devil. I have also seen ghosts in my house. Things in my house have disappeared and no one knows where the things have gone.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Nobody believes that. I think instigating a debate nobody is actually pro on is silly
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Funny how people who want to disprove something spiritual then claims another spiritual thing is more provable and believable. Not that I'm suggesting anything about Pro, only the general hilarity of "Spirit Believing people" denying a source of spiritualism with a claim that theirs is true and correct. I think we will see examples of this in the comments.
Posted by seedative 2 years ago
i hope so, i really want to prove them wrong
Posted by Mr.Lee 2 years ago
I wonder if anyone actually believes in the load of garbage those boards are.
Vote Placed by QTAY21 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to pro, seeing as con called anyone who believed an ouija board is controlled by spirits is "obnoxious". Spelling and grammar to pro. Sources to pro, seeing as he actually provided one for us to see. Arguments tie, seeing as neither side has provided proof to support how the board works. Saying "I tested it" is not enough, and that is an unreliable source.