Started: 3/21/2016 Category: Funny

I, the Pro side, am resolved that a long piece of hair in one's food is the most painful possible human experience.
I have two sisters, so I am a reliable authority on the subject.
First round is for acceptance.

I accept this debate. I will argue that stepping on a Lego is the most painful possible human experience.

The pain of stepping on Legos is like stepping on squishy marshmellows compared to the awful torture of finding a hair in your food.

I have two supporting points.

1. It makes you gag ( The disgustingness is indescribable. (Why am I even debating this?)

2. It's someone's fault! The bitter anger towards that one person is too much to bear! *explodes*

Also, legos can be used for good fun. Long hair can not.

To start, my opponent is incredibly wrong. To step on a Lego is to take a bath is lava.
In this article, it shows quite a few interesting things."A single Lego can bear up to 4,240 Newtons of force". Combine that with "your foot... contains 100-200,000 exteroceptors" and "A 165-pound person standing on a single Lego will [feel] under 3,262,222 pascals of pressure". That's pretty painful.

With Lego, someone left them out and you weren't aware of them. With hairs, while it is disgusting, people eat them without noticing all the time.

My opponent did make a valid argument. However, he did overlook one important point. The mouth is one of the most sensitive parts of the body to pain.

Also, stepping on legos do not make one gag and gagging on hair is really painful.

I'm not sure what world Rami lives in, but I have never eaten a hair without noticing.

There are a couple things that are wrong with your argument. I'll show you.

I fully agree that the mouth is sensitive. However, hair is not painful. It is disgusting. These two things are hard to comapre. However, let's go back to the point of the unnoticed hair. The whole point is that you don't notice them. There could be countless hairs he's not counting.

In conclusion, some things are so disgusting it's painful.

My opponent agreed that the mouth is sensitive and did not try to combat that point.

His whole argument falls apart if the person notices a hair in their food. Judges, I'll let you decide

To end, I'd like to point out that pain by disgust is more of mental then physical.

With hair, only if you notice is it bad. With Lego, if you don't pay attention., then you will get a nasty suprise.
Posted by K-Lew 6 months ago
This debate is definitely significant.
Posted by FOTOBOOMER277 7 months ago
I stepped on a Lego and it stabbed into my foot and i had to go to hospital. I almost choked to death when a hair wrapped around my uvula in my throat. They were both equally terrible