RimaTuesday
geeplus

A Righteous Man Remains Righteous, Even If He Sins Occasionally

RimaTuesday

Pro

I'm almost 100% certain that the above statement is untrue, so although I'm listed as "pro", I'm actually "con", but I'm speaking for someone else. I actually just posted this debate so someone can, eh, *help me out*. I'm going to initiate a discussion/debate on someone who is teaching this in my youth bible group. Basically your argument is with him.

"A sinner remains a sinner, even when he sometimes does good. But a righteous man remains righteous, even when he occasionally sins. You don't need perfection after you're saved."

He then used this scripture when I said the ungodly were sinners: "and if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall *the ungodly* and the *sinner* appear?" He said the Bible was differentiating between the sinner and the ungodly.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'll find out.
geeplus

Con

Hi, although i'm listed as 'con' I'm actually 'pro'. Okay, so firstly, to err is only human. Even our forefather, Adam, had committed a sin. However, him and his wife did regret what they had done and were determined to win back God's forgiveness and go back to paradise and so they repented. So, the righteous man is only human man although he sins occasionally. It is only a matter of whether he is willing to repent for his sins and is determined not to commit the same mistake again in his conscious mind
RimaTuesday

Pro

RimaTuesday forfeited this round.
geeplus

Con

geeplus forfeited this round.
RimaTuesday

Pro

RimaTuesday forfeited this round.
geeplus

Con

geeplus forfeited this round.
RimaTuesday

Pro

RimaTuesday forfeited this round.
geeplus

Con

geeplus forfeited this round.
RimaTuesday

Pro

RimaTuesday forfeited this round.
geeplus

Con

geeplus forfeited this round.