KittyEmPhilosophy
Geographia

A basic religion is crucial for any civilization.

Geographia

KittyEmPhilosophy

Pro

A basic religion holds basic principals of right and wrong. when a civilization shuns its basic religion, it sheds its morality, and collapses under social and economical destruction.
Geographia

Con

I plan to prove that "a basic religion" doesn't guarantee wellbeing and could also be a cause for trouble.

I also ask Pro to make no new arguments last round, and I will hold the same to me.
KittyEmPhilosophy

Pro

Agreed. I ask that you take a look at a few point I have to make. First off, what keeps a healthy person from murdering another out of cold blood? The answer should be guilt, because the individual should be aware of right and wrong. Religion is man's own philosophical code of conduct, creating morality and ethics, which are the foundations of civilization, laws, and government.
Geographia

Con

Agreed. I ask that you take a look at a few point I have to make. First off, what keeps a healthy person from murdering another out of cold blood? The answer should be guilt, because the individual should be aware of right and wrong.

I might not say guilt, but whatever.

Religion is man's own philosophical code of conduct, creating morality and ethics, which are the foundations of civilization, laws, and government.

And here is the bulk. You've said enough, but you haven't shown. I am something akin to an agnostic, and I used to be an atheist. Not once I have I considered to rape, pillage or steal. It seems that Pro is making the fallowing argument.

P1: A 'set' number of moral/code of behavior is benefit to a nation or whatever
P2: Religion is a source of these
C: A Religious nation is better than a irreligious one.

Depending on the wording, I agree with P1. You might say that in America, not killing and acting for the good of all is in our culture, and I would agree this is to America's benefit.

P2, however, assumes everyone thinks the same of the source, and it translate well 'out of paper'.

In the Salem Witchcraft trials, the church certainly did not do anything to benefit anyone, and I will say they hurt more then they mended.

Religion did not give them well being and it caused issues.

Now take America today. The framework for the nation is in our Constitution and the Declaration. None of them are Religious, even if the Founding Fathers are religious themselves.

I am sure, that if Religion is important to a nation, Pro will be able to show the Religoius aspects of the above framework.

KittyEmPhilosophy

Pro

KittyEmPhilosophy forfeited this round.
Posted by KittyEmPhilosophy 2 years ago
KittyEmPhilosophy
Hello Yehonathan! Sorry would have been a didn't catch your comment sooner, it would have been a pleasure to debate you. You're actually one up on me, I haven't gone through a complete debate yet.
Posted by Yehonathan 2 years ago
Yehonathan
Hi! Could you define what you mean by "A basic religion", "basic principals of right and wrong" and "social and economical destruction"? Also, would this involve using examples of civilizations that have done this already, or just philosophic arguments? This seems like an interesting premise for a debate, but before I would accept it I'd like to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into. I've only done one debate so far, so I'm still very new to this. Also, nice to meet you! :)
Posted by KittyEmPhilosophy 2 years ago
KittyEmPhilosophy
And what if I want you?
Posted by KittyEmPhilosophy 2 years ago
KittyEmPhilosophy
You've got quite a hot head. Just because I'm new to a website doesn't mean I'm new to debating. I'm asking for it, and you know it.
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
I'm sure you'll get someone.
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
The noobs need to debate the noobs. If I break this rule I harm long-term membership.
Posted by KittyEmPhilosophy 2 years ago
KittyEmPhilosophy
C'mon, YoDinoPaws, take it! I might be a noob, but we all gotta start somewhere!
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
If I didn't feel like I noob sniped too much, I would take this.
Posted by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
If I wasn't going on vacation soon, I would take this debate in an instant.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
KittyEmPhilosophyGeographiaTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
KittyEmPhilosophyGeographiaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture