RyanJDorsett
Chris.G

A bill to increase funding for the biosciences

RyanJDorsett
Started: 1/23/2013 Category: Technology

RyanJDorsett

Pro

Whereas the bioscience industry has proven to be one to provide substantial growth in the economic, scientific and medical sectors of America, I propose we should decrease the budget of the Department of Defense by 75 billion dollars and reallocate those funds towards a cause which helps not only our citizens but also the military itself, which is the bioscience industry.

New York's bioscience industry provides 250,000 jobs, generates $309 million in personal state income tax and over $5.6 billion in wages per year. This enormous economic boost from the bioscience industry has attracted hundreds of millions of federal research dollars and should continue to because the bioscience industry is an industry in which results are potentially limitless.
Chris.G

Con

I disagree, I think America has much more urgent matters on their hands like the growing debt that is owed. America should indeed reallocate those funds but towards paying the debt off before trying to invest in something like that.
RyanJDorsett

Pro

I agree with that assessment and for that reason we should invest in the biosciences. With the statistics I provided in my last point we can see that investing in the bioscience industry creates a large amount of revenue that could support our needs to repay our enormous debt.
Chris.G

Con

Chris.G forfeited this round.
RyanJDorsett

Pro

Through my previously stated points we can draw the conclusion that biosciences are a valuable and useful industry towards making our economic, military and medical sectors grow and prosper. For these reason, I implore you to vote on the affirmative.
Chris.G

Con

Chris.G forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Frost 4 years ago
Frost
RyanJDorsettChris.GTied
Reasons for voting decision: It wasn't even a debate, why would someone accept this debate if they know that they couldn't write more that 2 sentences.