MrBurns2017
RajanTheDebater123

A country shouldnt have the ability to ban games

RajanTheDebater123 has forfeited round #3.
Started: 9/2/2017 Category: Games

MrBurns2017

Pro

I dont think that a government should have the ability to ban games.

Games like Australia, China and some other countries banned games before.

Many countries banned the game such as Tom Clancy"s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Grand Theft Auto, Manhunt, Postal 2, RapeLay.

It is my right to buy any game that I want, same as you can watch any movie or read any book that you want. There should be no restrictions on video games. The producers can produce anything that they want. Hilary Clinton and Joe Bidden showed interest in banning violent video games.

I beat manhunt 2, GRAW 2, Postal 2 and would like to see a decent sequel to those games or more games like that..

I also want to see more blood in games like battlefield, and more realistic deaths. It is just entertaining. I also like insane ideas in games, even if they are violent.

So whats your arguments for banning games?
RajanTheDebater123

Con

I disagree with you. In certain countries such as Saudi Arabia it would be acceptable to ban a game like GTA since the game itself goes against the religion of the country and since nobody there would even want to play it. In other countries such as Australia there are many people who hate certain games (GTA for example) and would not even dare to let their children play it so why should they keep a random game in their country that pretty much everyone hates? If you ran the Australian government would you keep a game that a lot of people hate?
MrBurns2017

Pro

The government shouldnt decide anything relating to games.. how the market forces react or who it needs to protect when it comes to games..

Video games dont have a bad impact on anyone at any age. Not an impact that lasts in the long run.

I saw relesearch into TV violence (or game violence) and video games, there is no convincing evidence to ban or reduce the play time of video games.
In fact, cognitive research shows that video games improve perceptual capabilities.
https://www.youtube.com...

Why should a video game be rated? and something like a news program not. People dont learn passively from watching some GTA cut-scene or a shooting scene. People learn actively from the news they watch, the politics they understand and the unfolding relationships around them.
Unless the game, has porn in them, then it should be rated for mature audience or may be banned from the shelves.

So apart from, having a boost in mental skill and generation of income for the suppliers. They have no bad effects.

Video games are a sport nowadays and more popular in some countries like S.Korea. Do you see that pro-gamers who play COD and CS:GO heavily, go and shoot people?

Politicians have been attacking violent video games for decades, and without success. Thats because video games dont lead to violence. Violent individuals who are prone to crime regardless what game they play or play games at all, commit horrific crimes.

I heard only of one person who went on a killing spree and played manhunt 2. He was russian and now in a russian jail for killing 14 people. He said he was under the influence of the game. But to shoot someone in the game and in real life is completely different.
I fired a gun when I was a soldier, after I played many shooting games such as GRAW 1 & 2 and manhunt1 & 2.
RajanTheDebater123

Con

Violence is only a part of it. I had a friend who played GTA a lot and they started to use a lot of sexual terms and swear words. Does a parent really want their kid to do that? No! So why should they let them play games that influence that bad behaviour? Also the government should ban certain video games if they are too extreme on what they show. Trust me once you've actually done something once that advocates bad behaviour your likely to try it again.
MrBurns2017

Pro

Your argument is very poor.
Adults would swear in the same way, with or without your video games being present in their childhood.

I gamed a lot when I was a child, and I am familiar with people who swear twice as me, and who spent their young lives playing with dolls, watching programs like poo the bear, and reading children books.

" if they are too extreme on what they show"

What do you mean by that?
You want something extreme, just leave your virtual reality and watch the news, or host shows like Dr.Phil.
A person learns from real life events, truths and reality of things. Not from some game that shows too much blood.

"Trust me once you've actually done something once that advocates bad behaviour your likely to try it "
I studied enough psychology to know that it is absolute nonsense.

Do you hijack cars the same way as when you play GTA?
Posted by BoredSoul 10 months ago
BoredSoul
Agreed with the opposition, a country like Saudi Arabia shouldn't have GTA.
You know how many Islamic laws that breaks?
But Saudi is an islamic theocracy.
If a game has swear words, we don't remove it because the UK or USA etc is mainly christian.
Only countries with specific cases like Saudi do so.