WeirdJohn12
TUF

A crocodile could beat a shark.

TUF

WeirdJohn12

Pro

A saltwater crocadile could beat a shark very easily due to speed,skin,and strength.
TUF

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

To begin, we must set the definitions of this debate down.
Not to engage in semantics, let's assume (for my opponents sake) that "beat" is a term used for a fight.
Thus I must prove that in the unlikely case a salt water crocodile and a shark would get in a fight, the shark would "beat" the crocodile.

Saltwater crocodile: The largest crocodilians on Earth, saltwater crocs, or "salties," are excellent swimmers and have often been spotted far out at sea.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com...

Shark: Any of a group of elongate elasmobranch, mostly marine fishes, certain species of which are large, voracious, and sometimes dangerous to humans.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

Given that the term "shark", is defined loosely, literally any species of sharks can be used to "beat" a saltwater crocodile.

For example, some of the most dangerous.

The great white shark, the tiger shark, the bull shark, the requiem shark, the sand tiger shark, the blacktip shark, the narrowtooth shark, the hammerhead shark, the spinner shark, or the blue shark.

http://www.allaboutwildlife.com...

The salt water crocodile, may be big fast and strong, but it simply just may not be nearly as fierce. For example the whale shark.

The whale shark is the worlds biggest shark, growing to be up to 60ft.

This shark could demolish a puny little crocodile, and probably even swallow it whole.

http://library.thinkquest.org...#

Even the great white, could destroy the salt water croc.

It's not only bigger, stronger, and faster, but it's also more aggressive.

The salt water crocodile while may be found at sea, doesn't make it well equipped in oceanic territory nearly as much as a shark would rule the waters.

The crocodile couldn't stay under water for a vast amount of time, and would eventually need air, The shark ins in all aspects.

The crocodile's weak spot (it's belly) is exposed when it tries to return to surface for air. Thus the crocodile clearly loses. The great white has tougher skin all around making it less susseptible to fatal attacks.

The video link belows illustrates it nicley.

http://animal.discovery.com...

Thus, I conclude, a salt water crocodile fails inadvertantly to a shark.

Thankyou.
WeirdJohn12

Pro

A saltwater crocodile could killed a equal size bull shark, tiger shark, and it could kill a great white shark. A bull shark will put up a better fight because of its aggression.

I have written documents on this category. The saltwater crocodile are very fit and much more aggressive then a great white sharks.

A 16 foot saltwater crocodile will weigh about 700-1000 kilograms. I have talk to crocodiles scientist who have weighed wild 16 foot crocodiles, which are about 1700-2200 pounds and the people who said a 16 foot saltie weigh only 1000 pounds are wrong! They have the strongest bite force of any animal in the animal kingdom and in the water don't get tired fast! They swim 15-18 miles underwater. Crocodiles are also real agile in the water and very fast. The shark is more agile and have shaper teeth.

Saltwater crocodile (Salties) kill 2200 pound water buffalo and can kill a person in one good chomp! They have been know to eat and kill tigers, large wild boars, humans, sharks, horses, etc...

Great white sharks are not as aggressive and will have problems biting through the crocodiles bony plates and under the bony plates are thick, rough skin, which are much tougher than a female great white sharks! The average fully grown male saltwater crocodile is 15.4 to 16.6 ft. A 16 foot great white shark will weigh 2500 to 2700 pounds, it might weigh more than the croc but the crocodile makes up for it with power!

On animal-face off ( t.v show )the great white shark, because they like it better. I think the crocodile was 21 feet and 3000 pounds, which the saltie should of weigh more! And the great white 21 feet and 7500 pounds, which the shark should weigh around 5000-6000 pounds. Crocodiles are stronger with pulling things, it takes more than 10 fully grown people to pull and restrain a 14-16 foot saltwater crocodile.

THE SALTWATER CROCODILE WILL WIN! 8/10 times the croc will win if the great white shark is 14-15 feet and the saltwater crocodile 15-16 feet. The same length the crocodile will win 7-8 times/10

THE CROC WILL WIN FOR SURE! I HAVE CONTACT SCIENTISTS FOR THIS MATTER AND THE SCIENTISTS PICK THE SALTWATER CROCODILE.

If they fought to the death- the croc.
But most likely they would not kill each other, ending in a stalemate. They will both hurt each other, but the crocodile will probably do the most damade and be more aggressive.
TUF

Con

First off I would like to inform the audience that the pro literally, put hardly any effort into making a rebuttal. As you can see from the link provided, more than half of everything posted came from what was said in a previous debate, and there really wasn't an argument on my proponent. That said, we will debate his "arguments/statements".

http://www.debate.org...

"A saltwater crocodile could killed a equal size bull shark, tiger shark, and it could kill a great white shark. A bull shark will put up a better fight because of its aggression."

Despite the horrible grammar, we also find horrible logic. As you can see this is merely a statement of an opinion rather than an actual argument. We must remember that sharks (especially great whites) are extremely aggressive as well. And how can you really compare aggression? Either way, this debate isn't about which is more aggressive, but rather which would win in a fight. Thus, not an argument.

"I have written documents on this category. The saltwater crocodile are very fit and much more aggressive then a great white sharks."

I'm sorry, but I'm fairly sure that you writing documents does not prove us anything in parameters of actually proving anything. Great White's are equally as fit, and aggressive I have proven with the links above.

"A 16 foot saltwater crocodile will weigh about 700-1000 kilograms. I have talk to crocodiles scientist who have weighed wild 16 foot crocodiles, which are about 1700-2200 pounds and the people who said a 16 foot saltie weigh only 1000 pounds are wrong! They have the strongest bite force of any animal in the animal kingdom and in the water don't get tired fast! They swim 15-18 miles underwater. Crocodiles are also real agile in the water and very fast. The shark is more agile and have sharper teeth."

Again, no evidence rather than personal experiences. And I'm pretty sure weight and size doesn't matter. Especially since you just admitted that a shark is more agile and has sharper teeth. Your proving a shark is better, by saying such things, not the best tactic in a debate

"Saltwater crocodile (Salties) kill 2200 pound water buffalo and can kill a person in one good chomp! They have been know to eat and kill tigers, large wild boars, humans, sharks, horses, etc..."

Information is incorrect.
In the video above, you see a tiger killing a saltie.

Wild boars aren't much of a feat either. Most carnivorous animals can eat them. Same goes for horses. And do I really even need to say anything about humans??

"Great white sharks are not as aggressive and will have problems biting through the crocodiles bony plates and under the bony plates are thick, rough skin, which are much tougher than a female great white sharks!"

Yes, but the under belly is extremely soft. The shark goes for that, and the rest is history, as is shown in the video posted before.

"On animal-face off ( t.v show )the great white shark, because they like it better. I think the crocodile was 21 feet and 3000 pounds, which the saltie should of weigh more! And the great white 21 feet and 7500 pounds, which the shark should weigh around 5000-6000 pounds."

The first assertion is incredible opinion. The show does research as to which animal would win based on science of info known on both animals. Obviously a crocodile needs air, and can't possibly stay under water long enough to breathe. The second it leaves it foe, it is susceptible to fatal attacks, as shown in the video.

Also the longest known Saltie to be measured was actually 20.7 feet. The video gives the Croc more credit than is due, and still it loses. Also the saltie shouldn't have weighed more. Normal salties weigh about 2,200 pounds. Again the video still gives the Croc more credit than is due, yet it loses.

"THE SALTWATER CROCODILE WILL WIN! 8/10 times the croc will win if the great white shark is 14-15 feet and the saltwater crocodile 15-16 feet. The same length the crocodile will win 7-8 times/10"

This information is in-correct. Look below.

'The white shark is also commonly known as the great white shark. It is a solitary predator that can grow up to 6.6 meters (21 feet) in length.'

http://www.new-brunswick.net...

"If they fought to the death- the croc.
But most likely they would not kill each other, ending in a stalemate."

If they're was a stale mate, this means the Croc didn't win. Thus it means that a saltie couldn't beat a shark. Thus I should win this debate, according to your own 'logic'.

Again my opponent hasn't attacked anything on my case. We can use virtually any shark, as I have shown above. All of these sharks have the potential to rip this croc to shreds, given a fight in their environment. Crocodiles, cannot breathe under water extensively, which is there main downfall, and why a shark would win.

Please vote con!
Thankyou.
WeirdJohn12

Pro

Well first of all a tiger and a shark had nothing to do with this debate.Now I am going to state some facts on both the saltwater crocadile and the great white shark.

The saltwater crocodile has a longer muzzle than the mugger crocodile its length is twice its breadth at the base. The saltwater crocodile has fewer armor plates on its neck than other crocodiles, and its broad body contrasts with that of most other lean crocodiles, leading to early unverified assumptions that the reptile was an alligator.

An adult male saltwater crocodile's weight is 600 to 1,000 kilograms and length is normally 4.1 to 5.5 metres , although mature males can be 6 ;metres or more and weigh 1,300 ;kilograms or larger. This species has the greatest sexual dimorphism of any modern crocodile, with females being much smaller than males. Typical female body lengths in the range of 2.1 to 3.5 metres . The largest female on record measured about 4.2 ;metres . The mean weight of the species as a whole is roughly 450 ;kilograms .

The largest size saltwater crocodiles can reach is the subject of considerable controversy. The longest crocodile ever measured snout-to-tail and verified was the skin of a dead crocodile, which was 6.1 ;metres long. As skins tend to shrink slightly after removal from the carcass, this crocodile's living length was estimated at 6.3 ;metres , and it probably weighed well over 1,200 ;kilograms . Incomplete remains have been claimed to come from a 7.6-metre crocodile, but scholarly examination suggested a length no greater than 7 ;metres . There have been numerous claims of crocodiles in the 9-metre range the crocodile shot in the Bay of Bengal in 1840, reported at 10 ;metres ; another killed in 1823 at Jalajala on the main island of Luzon in the Philippines reported at 8.2 ;metres ; a reported 7.6 ;metres crocodile killed in the Hooghly River in the Alipore District of Calcutta. However, examinations of these animals' skulls actually indicated animals ranging from 6 to 6.6 metres .Sharks grow to an average of 15 feet (4.6 meters) in length, though specimens exceeding 20 feet (6 meters) and weighing up to 5,000 pounds (2,268 kilograms) have been recorded.
This information is the size of a saltwater crocodiles. aggression does matter when it comes to a shark because if not aggressive the shark will retreat.
TUF

Con

Well first of all a tiger and a shark had nothing to do with this debate."

Lol wut? I assume you mean a tiger and a crocodile? And yes it does. Earlier you stated that Salt Water Crocs could kill tigers, along with other mammals. That was just to prove that your information was incorrect.

Ladies and gentlemen, other than this, my opponent make literally NO attack or rebuttal throughout this entire debate.
You are going to vote Con here, because I have done my job while arguing everything he has said, while he has literally made no arguments.

My opponent has mistaken this "debate" for a fact sheet.
A debate is more than just listing a bunch of facts. It's about having sources and arguments to back those facts, such that you can make a logical claim about the resolution.

As you viewers can see, my opponent has merely copy and pasted facts from previous arguments, and (plausibly) other reports.

Basically we haven't actually debated anything because my opponent has refused to respond to any of my arguments, or attacks on his.

That of the two sentences he did actually write, weren't really arguments and were filled with numerous grammar and spelling error, along with logical fallacies.

This could have been turned into a semi-interesting debate, seeing as their is some strong arguments in favor of the Salt Water Croc over the Great White, and other species.

However none of them are made!

So we are forced to vote con, because I have proven that 'sharks' is a loose term allowing us to use practically any shark to fight this one Croc.

There are many species of sharks that are bigger and more vicious than a salt water croc.

Also fighting in their own environment, it is almost impossible for them to lose. Even if the crocodile were to have the upper hand, it would eventually need air and have to surface, leaving it open to attack.

My opponent has also admitted that the Croc wouldn't win. In round 2 he says it would probably end in a stalemate.

This really didn't help his case out seeing as were trying to prove which one would win. So basically the Pro has defeated himself.

Given all this information, I strongly urge the voters to vote CON.
Thankyou.
Vote Placed by BangBang-Coconut 3 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
WeirdJohn12TUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro does not uphold burden of proof for the sole reason that their argument is empirically based; whereas they give us no evidence to support their claims. Instead they say such things as "I HAVE CONTACT SCIENTISTS FOR THIS MATTER AND THE SCIENTISTS PICK THE SALTWATER CROCODILE." Now proof, no impact.
Vote Placed by KRFournier 3 years ago
KRFournier
WeirdJohn12TUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: While Con did open the door for the possibility that A croc could beat A shark, I don't think that was the intent of the debate, nor did Pro take advantage of that opening. Outside of that, Con providing more compelling reasons in support of his position than Pro. Pro also exhibited poor grammar.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
WeirdJohn12TUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: An odd debate. Of course a crocodile "could" beat a shark, especially a big croc and a small shark. Con opened that door with the big shark/small croc argument. Pro's S
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 3 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
WeirdJohn12TUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Assertion from Pro, argument from Con. Plus : "I HAVE CONTACT SCIENTISTS FOR THIS MATTER AND THE SCIENTISTS PICK THE SALTWATER CROCODILE." - There are scientists who study UFC animal fights?