Crazystairz
Lucas.Aho

A crowbar is the best melee weapon in a zombie apocalypse.

Crazystairz

Pro

My argument is that a titanium crowbar is the best melee weapon in the zombie apocalypse because, a crowbar can be used for prying open, locked, or jammed doors, As a hammer, Moving objects,There are also multiple ways to kill a zombie with it, You could use the flat end to go through the eyes to the brain, You could use the backside of the crowbar as a blunt weapon, You could simply use the hooked side to swing at the head.

You could also improve the grip of the crowbar just by wrapping anything that increases friction around it, You could even sharpen the ends of the crowbar to cut or penetrate farther.
You also could attach a strap to the crowbar so if you get it stuck on something, or get startled, You can pull it out and you couldn't drop your crowbar.

Lucas.Aho

Con

Hello, I would love to accept this debate. Also I would like to ask, what is the format of the next two rounds? Thank you.

Now I would like to combat your debate by using a studded baseball bat as the best possible weapon. A studded baseball bat is extremely effective for three reasons being 1. these are easy to make or find. 2. This weapon is plays against a zombies hunting sense. And 3. These forms of weapons are extremely useful for head shots, a zombie's kryptonite or Achilles heel.
I back up my first contention in that these bats are extremely easy to make, needing only a couple materials. These materials are of course, a wooden bat, bolts, and some form of drill, not neccesarily an electric one. To make, simply put several holes in the bat and strengthen the bolts. These materials are not likely to be looted in an apocalypse either, as most will go for bullets and a gun instead of a bat and bolts.
I back up my second contention in that this bat is extremely quite, as the only sound is the crunch of a zombies skull. To look into this, I would like so explain how a zombie hunts. According to modern media, Zombies use three techniques to find and kill. The first would be sound. Weapons such as guns make very loud noises, but a bat simply hits the zombie and leaves, creating a dull thud that can be heard from a short distance. A zombie's second hunting technique is sight, which is difficult to protect against, but plays with the point I explain in a zombie's third sense. This is smell. According to popular TV show "The Walking Dead", zombies can tell whether or not a person is dead. With a bat, while disgusting, a splash of the zombie's brains and skin will be created on impact, making one smell much like a zombie. This will also cause an image that may be reminiscent of a zombie, leading off any zombies based on sight.
Finally, my last contention states that studded bats are used almost entirely for head shots, which is a zombie's weak point. Once again, according to the media, a head shot is the only way to kill a zombie, and that combined with their power in numbers creates their danger. A bat can quickly move back and forth, crushing skulls without getting stuck or pulled away while heading to the next target.
Thank you for reading, I hope for a good debate
Crazystairz

Pro

Good luck, and the format is, 1st round is Intro, 2nd is Con's of the other weapon, and 3rd is Pros/counter

The con's of baseball bats differ according to the type, A wooden one has been shown to break a average of 1 a game in 2008 when hitting a baseball and would most likely break after repeated use, also a wooden baseball bat's weight is centered in the end of the bat making it hard to swing/handle.
A aluminum baseball bat will bend over time and if bent back will be structurally weaker.
A composite baseball bat at lower then 50 degrees can shatter causing damage to the user of said bat.
Also a baseball bat if not hit in the correct spot will cause vibrations causing pain to the user.

Metal baseball bats are hard to drill through and the light weight makes it require upper body strength and a wooden baseball bat makes it heavy to run around and with repeated lifting or might exhaust the user.

Lucas.Aho

Con

For this round I would like to argue on the effectiveness and usefulness of a crowbar in the instance of a zombie apocalypse.
First I will argue my opponents first point, which is that a crowbar can be used for prying open locked or jammed doors. First, I would like to state that in a zombie situation, many doors are going to be locked for a reason, whether containing a room full of zombies or a room full of people. Very few would enjoy stepping into this situation. Also, prying open doors with a crowbar takes an unbelievable amount of strength.
My opponents second contention states that a crowbar would make an extremely effective weapon, but I doubt this fact sincerely. First I would disprove my opponents statement that this weapon could be used for piercing in two ways. One, the shape of the weapon would create the factor that to stab, one would need superhuman thrust forwards or an angle from beside or behind a zombie. With a zombie's sense of smell and hearing, this angle would almost be impossible to get to. Finally, once this angle was achieved, if ever, the point of the crowbar would be very easily stuck in, with the forward bit of the zombie's skull wrapping behind the point. And as a quick side note, a penetration from the softest spot of the skull, (being the eye socket) would not reach the cerebellum, which controls movement. This spot is in the very back of the brain, covered on all sides by skull or, in the case of a zombie, useless brain material. Now I would like to argue the effectiveness of a blunt weapon from a crowbar. While a crowbar could break through a zombies skull, this would not be quick, and fractured skull fragments would form behind the bar, causing difficulty pulling out. Now, I would also like to state that the studded bat is much more effective in this manner.
Finally, I will point out the problems in the upgrades my opponent mentioned. First, my opponent stated that creating a grip on the crowbar would lessen the likely hood that one drops the weapon, but on the contrary, a weapon stuck in the head of a falling body would simply drag the nearly attached person down. This concept also applies to the strap on a crowbar. In the case of a hoard, being dragged to the ground is exactly how one is taken out. Finally, my opponent stated that sharpening the crowbar will increase its effectiveness, but once again, I can prove this false. First, sharpening the point on a crowbar will make it weak, and nearly useless in the case of locked doors. Also, sharpening such a point would be vastly difficult with the materials at hand, and be a huge waste of time, when a weapon such as the studded bat needs no preparation once made or found.
Thank you for reading and I look forward to the next round.
Crazystairz

Pro

Crazystairz forfeited this round.
Lucas.Aho

Con

In this round I will defend my own case against my opponents attacks.
My opponents first point in attacking my case was that baseball bats break and change according to type, but first I would like to point out that I specified a wooden bat, rendering my opponents next two arguments pointless. Second, I would like to state that wooden bats withstand 5,000 pounds of force on average for every baseball it hits in professional games. (http://www.livescience.com...). To crack a human skull, it takes only 16 to 196 pounds of force. (http://www.portfolio.mvm.ed.ac.uk...) This does not take into account any rotting in the skull, which will weaken the brain's protection significantly.
My opponents second attack states that vibrations in the bat could cause pain to the user. But the solution to this is simple, a leather covering or gloves will reduce or eradicate any painful vibrations caused by impact.
My opponents next attack is once again useless, not applying to the wooden bat I mention. But, my opponent then states that a baseball bat is heavy enough that a user would be quickly tired. But a wooden baseball bat averages around 30 ounces, and with the original bat, about 3 pounds. The average crowbar however, weighs between 15- 30 pounds, tiring any user much quicker.
I thank my opponent for this debate and ask that the voter vote in favor of the con ballot
Posted by Lucas.Aho 3 years ago
Lucas.Aho
Lol, realistically. And a weed wacker is too heavy and needs electricity, being much like the popularized chain saw.
Posted by Impact94 3 years ago
Impact94
I would have argued for a weed whacker - that's almost like having a bludgeoning weapon with a high-speed razor at the end of it
Posted by kingpablo 3 years ago
kingpablo
What are you guys thinking I mean really a lightsaber will work the best duh it never breaks and it will just melt them