A god exists

A god exists. I will be Pro.

First round:acceptance

All other rounds: anything goes

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but no, no gods will ever, and have never existed. Though there may be a chance there is a 'god' (I'm an agnostic atheist), religion has only caused trouble for the rest of us. Religion has caused hatred and war, what was meant to be a love one another sign, has now changed, upsetting many. If god wanted us to believe in him, he would exist, there are many flaws and mistakes in every religion, and even if there was a god, I wouldn't want to be part of one that spreads a message of hatred. Why must you pray to a god to make a wrong right (eg. war) does this deity not know of the wrong already, if your god is so good, why is there so many wrongs in this world, or is it just he/she/other doesn't care at all? I'm not sure what religion you believe but I would like to point out Christianity is the most flawed and the worst, and I know that because I used to believe in god. Please research your religion before committing to it, because religion is brain-washing.

Astrolatry is the worship of stars and other heavenly bodies as deities, or the association of deities with heavenly bodies. The most common instances of this are sun gods and moon gods in polytheistic systems worldwide.

Their gods are stars, planets, and moons.

Their chosen god exists.

Animal worship (or zoolatry) refers to rituals involving animals, such as the glorification of animal deities or animal sacrifice. When a god is respected or worshipped by means of a representative animal, an animal cult is formed (Teeter et al., 2002, p. 355).

They worship a chosen animal as a god.

Their chosen god exists.

The definition of a god is 'a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.' I seriously doubt that the stars, planets and moons have have any supernatural force they may be worshiped but these are not real so called 'gods', if you wanted, you could call anything a god and therefore say this god exists. Eg. I could say this pencil is a god, but does that make it a god? Somewhat similar to the gods you have portrayed to me their, they may be seen as a 'god', but therefore anything could be seen as a god, which leads us to what is the actual definition of a god? As I stated before, the most common definition and is seen as most people as a supernatural being with power over nature. Even if people worship an animal or a 'god' it doesn't make it a god, and therefore a god does not exist.

"One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: "

-Michael was doing so much and so well, I found myself just wanting to stop and watch him -- and I was playing," said teammate John Paxson.

-"I didn't think anyone was capable of doing what Michael has done to us," marveled Celtics ace Larry Bird. "He is the most exciting, awesome player in the game today. I think it's just God disguised as Michael Jordan."

Reggie Miller referred to Michael Jordan as "Black Jesus".

The commercials of the 1990's foccused on the slogan,"I wanna be like Mike."

Here Michael Jordan receives a standing ovation in China.

A god exists.

Con admits a god may exist by any "god" definition in round 1.

"Though there may be a chance there is a 'god'..."

"I could say this pencil is a god, but does that make it a god?"

Con is going with this definition of a god:

"the most common definition and is seen as most people as a supernatural being with power over nature."

Here is an example of a supernatural being showing off this power-

First of all, siting all you opinions does not make them right. The definition of a god is very vague, but if you are going to start telling me anything that is "...worshipped, idealized or followed." is immediately a god, then your argument has no point. I may idealize a celebrity but does that mean I think they're my god, no, of course not, only an idiot would say/think that but to me, that's what you're saying right now.

Secondly, you start giving sources for pointless information, I could hardly understand your argument from lack of opinions and information, and most importantly, sense. Your argument makes no sense and you don't go on to explain your quotes, to me it seemed as if you were saying Micheal Jordan was "Black Jesus" but if you think one quote from a person makes that Micheal Jordan a god, then you need to get your facts straight. Moreover, there is a clear difference between, idealizing a celebrity and then saying they are a god, it's pure rubbish, like your argument.

Yes, I do say a go MIGHT exist, and emphasize on the might, may I say, and so what?! I'm an agnostic atheist, a stupid person keeps a closed mind, a clever one is open to new ideas, this does no mean I'm gonna start making Micheal Jordan my god.

If your saying, anyone can give anything the great title of a god, like a pencil, then I'm finding it pointless reasoning with you. A god, if there is such a thing, (remember the IF may I say so you don't start using this against me), is a high status, not to be given to pointless things such as a pencil.

I watched half of and am seriously questioning if your actually joking. I'm just confused, please explain your points because if you think that fat guy in a Jesus suit is actually a supernatural being, then please go to your nearest hospital, because your going mad. You can SEE the planks under the water and it's obvious the guy in the wheelchair is an actor, and a very bad one too.
Posted by brontoraptor 4 months ago
A pencil or more
Posted by illegalcombat 4 months ago
Define God.
Vote Placed by parkerwil 4 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Tied for most- I will give Pro spelling and grammar due to less grammar and spelling errors. Con failed to put down all of Pro's arguments, some of Pro's arguments were still sustained. For the reason that Pro had some arguments undefeated, he will win more convincing arugments.