MasterBater69
Hydregion12345

"A" is the first letter of the English alphabet.

MasterBater69

Pro

Prove me wrong m8.
Hydregion12345

Con

actually if we look at "the English alphabet" we can see the first word is "the," the first letter being t. Therefore the first letter of "the English alphabet" is t
MasterBater69

Pro

I did not put quotation marks around "the English alphabet" while I did put it with the letter "A" so that assumption is incorrect. If you are confused on the English alphabet I was talking about here's a link to help you out: https://en.wikipedia.org...
Hydregion12345

Con

Actually if we look at this direct quote: "In the year 1011, a monk named Byrhtfer recorded the traditional order of the Old English alphabet.[1] He listed the 24 letters of the Latin alphabet first (including ampersand), then 5 additional English letters, starting with the Tironian note ond (R66;), an insular symbol for and" we can see the english alphabet starts with the tironian note ond, and because my opponent did not state whether he meant the old or modern english alphabet, I will go with the original alphabet (the old one). This proves "A" is in fact not the first letter of the english alphabet
MasterBater69

Pro

"In the year 1011, a monk named Byrhtfer" recorded the traditional order of the Old English alphabet.[1] " It was specifically called the "Old English alphabet" not the "English alphabet". If it was the "Old English alphabet" I would've been specific to that.
Hydregion12345

Con

Despite this, the most recent English alphabet is called the "modern English alphabet" thereby demonstrating that we can consider the title to be talking about either one.
Posted by Nexus_Mind 1 year ago
Nexus_Mind
English was first written in the Anglo Saxon futhoric alphabet. Not sure what the first letter or rune was but this proves that "A" was not the first letter.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
@Masterbaker69:

You decided to debate truism, son when someone brings in a technicality, it's a valid point.